[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jehovah's Witnesses

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 38

File: degenerates BTFOd.jpg (64KB, 698x513px) Image search: [Google]
degenerates BTFOd.jpg
64KB, 698x513px
JWs actually seem pretty non-degenerate and redpilled apart from their "muh no political participation" and anti-nationalist bullshit and already recognize jews as satanic.

I'm seriously considering joining, simply to be around non-degenerates.
I won't go on to fully believe their doctrines or anything, I just think it would be beneficial to be around a group of people that live cleanly, and hoping that will impart a good attitude in me, inspire me to live a good lifestyle for myself.
Perhaps have a nice conversation with the group every once and a while.

Honestly, we (viz. /pol/) could subvert the entire organization so it becomes a /pol/ meeting place in real life. We'll know who is who just because they probably dont get many young men coming in alone. Once there are enough of us, we'll turn it into a highly nationalistic organization.
I'd imagine those of us that 'get in on the ground floor', could win over a socially conservative virgin JWs.
>>
>>135835095
let me guess your the anon who posted his new world translation and MAGA hat the other day
>>
>>135835523
No. I posted this thread the other day though >>135735098
I dont take any of this shit seriously, why would I unironically own a JW bible, let alone post a picture of it? I'm interested in them for anti-degeneracy, not the religion shit.
>>
Ok well good luck with that
>>
>>135836427
Thanks, I'll keep /pol/ updated.
>>
>>135835095
I was raised one, I have news for you, it wont work.

While I appreciate the values gained form being raised in such an environment to live a double life as a JW is very tough, I spent 17 years in the organization.

You can just turn up, but to become a member of any level requires certain dedication and you'll find yourself at odds with the members if you do not partake in it.

You can just show up though and listen, but it's pretty awkward when people do this since you cant partake in the community for long.
>>
File: 1501554064506.jpg (160KB, 760x430px) Image search: [Google]
1501554064506.jpg
160KB, 760x430px
JW's are some of most degenerate people you'll ever meet.
>>
>>135835095
I don't mind them except for when they WAKE YOU UP WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO SLEEP ON A WEEKEND. They are ver apolitical which isn't a good thing. Their effect on politics is useless.
>>
>>135837151
Witnessing starts from 12PM on a Sunday or from 10AM on a Saturday. You are either degenerate or work night shifts.
>>
>>135835095
the founder was a mason and they are riddled with pedophiles. its literally a business. know why they go door to door? they are salesman. don't worship in the building...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV82K1z7N_4
>>
Atleast the know Jesus wasn't God but the Archangel Michael
>>
>>135837012
How so?
>>
>>135838030
Its literally not Christian. No Christ involved, no trinity. Plus they rewrote a new version of the bible that is historically inaccurate to somehow legitamise it.
>>
>>135838000
Once in my 17 years have I seen someone donate from door to door service and it was a 2 dollar coin, I think the old lady thought we were a charity group or something.

There is little money to be made by getting members to preach.
>>
>>135838634
Jesus is a huge part of JWs, they pray to god through him like 8 times a day sometimes more. They celebrate the pass over etc.

Trinity is a munted concept and you know it.
>>
>>135835095
Sign me up. How many single women in their 20s are at these kingdom hall meetings? What % virgin?
>>
If you just want a church with a good lifestyle but don't want to believe like them just join the Mormons or Orthodox or super conservative Baptist sects or the Seventh Day Adventist. That way you can still get involved in politics and get blood transfusions.
>>
>>135835095
I had a Jehovahs witness in my class when I was in year 3, at easter we all got given chocolate eggs and he got given a mars bar which he gobbled down asap.

I'm not sure if they allowed them, he always looled deathly pale with black hair and gaunt red eyes. He used to wear oldman like jumpers too.
>>
>>135835095
They are by definition not "redpilled" and are "degenerate" exactly because they have no interest in this world.

God did not make us here to wait until we get to heaven. We are guardians of this earth and are tasked with bringing the kingdom of God to Earth wherever we can.

They are degenerates in the most insidious form; degenerates who are somehow, randomly, sometimes right.
>>
>>135838634
The New World Translation is generally considered to be pretty damn accurate excluding some weird wording and the whole no cross thing.
>>
>>135838990
Those all require tithing, especially the mormons.
>>
>>135835095
>live in Patterson ny
>they move headquarters here
>have to deal with these assholes
>they legitimately hate everything and everyone
>they hire private security that patrols the entire town at night
>>
>>135839676
Im pretty hateful myself.
Plus, private security patrols seem like an AnCaps wet dream.
>>
>>135839553
No church forces you to tithe. As for Mormons the worst they can do to you for not tithing is not give you a temple recommend. Not tithing isn't grounds to kick you out of any church.
>>
>>135838905
JWs are often married by 22 and most of them are smoking.

I still have a small fetish for conservatively dressed women to this day. However they only marry dedicated JWs. Very loyal, obeying and of high moral standing.

The degenerate ones never last.
>>
>>135835095
Its all a cult, they dont believe that Jesus is god, they believe he is the archangel Michael. Fake Christians.
>>
>>135839553
Nah bb remember how taxation is theft? If you change the name to tithing it's all good man
>>
>>135840026
Jesus is the son of god, god cannot be in the presence of man, nor can man hear gods voice. We are too far from perfection.

Deal with it.
>>
>>135839862
Lets see what they hate:
Team sports
Baseball
Christmas
Easter
Birthdays
Drinking
Smoking
Fun
Boyscouts
Girl Scouts
People outside their religion
USA
I can go on all day on how much these people are faggots

Also they are an end of days cult
>>
>>135840122
Timothy 3:16
Revelation 1:8

Theres more.
>>
File: 2a6.png (758KB, 1185x1029px) Image search: [Google]
2a6.png
758KB, 1185x1029px
>>135835095
>>
Last gf was a jehova. Miserable cunt on holidays and birthdays
>>
>>135840026
Pretty pointless to bring up the theology when the op already stated he doesn't believe in it anyway. The issue is if he wants to transform a religious group into some nationalist organization the JW is probably the worst choice. There's tons of churches where that goal is a lot more obtainable. I mean the League of the South was able to take over an entire Presbyterian church in one town.
>>
>>135840267
In no way does this mean Jesus is god you dumb minter.

If God told his son, Jesus Christ, what to say then it is still the word of God. God was first (he created his son) and will always outlive his son. Nothing you said claims god and Jesus are one and the same.
>>
I was JW until around 18. Not red pilled. Social gossips and morally corrupt.

They place religion above family. Any institution that forces itself between family members is NOT Godly.
>>
>>135840624
Did you become abandoned family who stayed?
>>
>>135838745
the only people that come in through door-to-door witnessing are the extremely lonely/mentally ill, and retarded Mexicans who are too stupid to understand what it's about. it's a cult that protects pedophiles.
>>
>>135840624
Why would family be before religion? God is above the husband in authority, by your logic a husband should be able to order his wife to kill her daughter, and the wife should obey or she would not be christian.

God is above the husband, without god the family is doomed.
>>
Every JW I've ever met was a smug twink faggot.
>>
>>135840810
No the entire congregation with the title unbaptized publisher or above preaches, not just a few fanatics.

Over the course of a month every member would have done at the very least 1 morning of Witnessing.
>>
>>135840810
Door to door knocking is more about solidifying the faith of the person knocking rather than actual conversion success. Why Mormons continue to do it despite the abysmal baptism rates in most areas.
>>
>>135840141
maybe all or most of those things are degenerate? ohshit.jpg
>>
>>135840769

Yes.

JW is full of wannabe politicians and guilt-tripping behaviour designed to get people to donate their wages. Because they believe the world is ending soon, they discourage any sort of self-improvement (education, going after good jobs) and long-term thinking. People with no experience see them dress slightly nice and assume they are regular boring Christians - not so, strong political organisation with worldly ambitions.
>>
File: jesus baptism site.png (676KB, 1046x1226px) Image search: [Google]
jesus baptism site.png
676KB, 1046x1226px
>>135840526
"And without controversy, great is the mystery of godliness... God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Manifest in the flesh.
>>
>>135838895
j-dogs are the first ones in the oven. degenerate fucks reject christ, follow a pseudo intellectual dicklicker who knew nothing of Ancient Greece... fuck overseers also telling you to fuck nogs and convert them
>>
>>135840838

A political institution that proclaims itself the sole conduit to spirituality is not God. An institution that forces families apart if they do not adhere to their specific rules (not God's) is not God.
>>
File: IMG_1011.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1011.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>135841191
why the fuck would anyone listen to a dumbass burgers translation of the Bible from Ancient Greek anyway
>>
>>135840991
i know they all go out I meant they have almost 0% success rate. Only Spanish halls in the US at least have seen any new people come in through that preaching.
>>
File: jehovahs-kingdom.jpg (15KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
jehovahs-kingdom.jpg
15KB, 350x200px
>>135835095
I was raised in this intellectual deadzone of an organization. Fucking kill yourself, for thinking about them. You will never change their minds about anything. The minute you mention anything outside their teachings, you'll be reported to the Elders (lay clergy) and threatened. Keep doing it and you'll be disfellowshipped (shunned).
These people are more brainwashed than SJWs. They go to two or three services a week and put in around 20 hours a month of missionary work.
Just kill yourself OP
>>
>>135841080
>God was manifest in the flesh
>manifest
>show (a quality or feeling) by one's acts or appearance; demonstrate
>be evidence of; prove.
>(of an ailment) become apparent through the appearance of symptoms.

The meaning is clear, he was "shown" through something else. Jesus, his son, was the mouthpiece and through him the word of God was spread.

Even the term Reveal as in other translations supports the same way of thinking:

>Revealed
>make (previously unknown or secret information) known to others.
>cause or allow (something) to be seen.
>make (something) known to humans by divine or supernatural means.

All of which makes more sense when done by the Son of God not God himself.

Learn how to read.
>>
>>135841533

This person has actual experience with JW and should be listened to.
>>
JWs are an evil, heretical cult.
>>
>>135838634
Too true. They're basically fake jews who act sort of like christians and call themselves christian.
Furthermore, OP should kill himself.
>>
Jews > jw
>>
File: 1391669482021.gif (80KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1391669482021.gif
80KB, 100x100px
Don't fall for JWs

Is just stupid, why you need a religion in the first place?
>>
>>135838745
Also, while a few are successful, most are dirt poor and live off welfare and foodstamps.
>>
>>135841191
Christ is a huge part of the JWs, you angry over nothing.

>>135841330
What rule of theirs is not a rule of gods? It also does not force families apart, it encourages them to cast out those who do not believe. If you let your brother who is a willing sinner live with you, how can you claim to be apart from the world and walking the path of God?

>>135841355
No they have a low success rate, but in only 17 years I have seen a lot of members through witnessing alone. Granted most "leads" go nowhere and most people just put up with it, but this is expected as per the bible.
>>
>>135841869

Very true. This is ENCOURAGED by the institution. Why get a job when the world is about to explode?
>>
Fuck it, just turn /pol/ into the fagcult it wants to be
>>
>>135835095
JW=paranoic jews, have fun in the bunker
>>
>>135839492
The actually change the wording of the text to reinforce their dogma. Look up its inaccuracies regarding the trinity. also, they change every "god" and "lord" to Jehovah, which isnt in any of the original texts
>>
>>135841869
In my country most members are hard workers who own homes and small businesses. Very few are reliant on the government (although some are but most of them are disability).

In the congregation I was in a lone there were members who were surgeons, to millionaires who once worked in banks to tradies etc.

Id say it's a pretty even amount of the population, most being middle class.
>>
Jehovah's Witnesses are a corporate farce cult of a "Christian" church (oh wait, "Organization"). Theirs is a culture of cruel alienation i.e. refusing contact with/ghosting loved ones who are not part of the "Organization." JW are the end result of the heresy of Sola Scriptura, hence their horrible botching of the doctrines of Jesus Christ and their fatal persistence on no blood transfusion. They reject a Heavenly hope for believers. They reject Christ Himself in their "passover" ceremony where the bread and wine are passed over, rejected, not partaken of by whole congregations. They read from the New World Translation, an objectively awful translation that deliberately changes the scriptures to fit their awful "theology." How, HOW, can anyone read the original/not NLT version of the first five verses of John 1 and not understand where the Trinity as a doctrine comes from? The Word (Christ) was WITH God and WAS God. Christ declared Himself to be "I Am," that He and the Father were one, need I go on? JW are Arians of the 21st Century and are hemorrhaging finances and members. Good riddance I say.
>>
>>135835095
>JWs recognize jews as satanic.
catholics also desu
>>
>>135841533
This.
Before my sister converted to JW, we used to talk around every other day. Today was the first time I heard from her in around 6 months when she text me, "Thinking about you". Today is my birthday and that is all she can say. Her JW family means more to her than her actual family and it is sad.
>>
File: polinspace.jpg (63KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
polinspace.jpg
63KB, 467x700px
Former JW here, Born and raised into the organization, was on track to become an Elder within the community. Saw it for what it was. Ask me anything.
>>
>>135841914

I do not conflate JW publications and institutions with God's. Therefore, my mother and father will not speak to me. Doesn't matter if I live a holy life or not - I am not a part of the organisation, therefore I am shunned.
>>
>>135841988
Not quite, you can do well at your job, but it is not to be the focus. Your focus should be god and his kingdom, not man and mans kingdom.

JWs are often hard workers as commanded in the bible, but their "trees" or "lives" are meant to bear spiritual fruit, not material fruit.

How much work and ministry you balance out is up to you.
>>
>>135842282
do any crimes/shenanigans go on? black magic?
>>
>>135841869
many get suckered into other cult-like pyramid businesses and will constantly try to pressure you into buying/joining too. i was raised a JW and my mom got herself involved in three different companies all through other sisters in our kingdom hall
>>
african magic*
>>
>>135842243
Not post Vatican council.
>>
>>135842382
And for good reason, can you imagine if JW's re;axed and let any old degenerate into their doors and lives?

Soon they'd be marrying gays, supporting and fighting in wars, allowing female elders and so on. Just like the rest of the Christian faiths who bowed to freaks like you.
>>
>>135842282
do they still try to predict the judgemente day?
>>
>>135840122
God isnt real. Hes as fake as (((Jesus))) and the (((Bible))). Check mate, retard.
>>
>>135842670

Sad. Guess you like being raped by Elders.

Have fun.
>>
>>135842690
Not any more, they just say soon, like a thief in the night you do not know the hour or night of which it will come etc.

This is a big reason to why I left, while people are not perfect failed predictions really opened my eyes to some things.
>>
>>135842725
I pity you
>>
File: Jesus would have an uzi.jpg (204KB, 640x669px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus would have an uzi.jpg
204KB, 640x669px
>>135841568
1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

John Greets the Seven Churches

4John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; 5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 7Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

>t. agnostic
>>
File: littlegame.jpg (58KB, 500x569px) Image search: [Google]
littlegame.jpg
58KB, 500x569px
>>135842465
In a technical aspect, No. It's highly frowned upon, and can lead to expulsion from the church, as can many things.. smoking, drinking in excess, womanizing, etc. Mortal sins are looked upon more harshly than (at least they were in my midwestern circuit) actual, legal crimes.

Magic is completely outright the king god shit of all no-no-s, aside from prayer.

Shenanaghins..... be more specific
>>
File: 1492206418063.png (288KB, 1067x606px) Image search: [Google]
1492206418063.png
288KB, 1067x606px
>>
it's too late. god can't help you now. get real with your candy and praise satan
>>
File: wrongtrench.jpg (19KB, 297x200px) Image search: [Google]
wrongtrench.jpg
19KB, 297x200px
>>135842690
Prediction of the date, and time, no.. they havn't done that for a few decades..

They just say "It's coming"...
But that's just a self fulfilling prophecy, in time the sun will expand, and swallow all life on earth in firey retribution/
>>
>>135842807
do they all have a bunker to hide in when it happens?
>>
>>135841191
True. Hitler killed a bunch and they claim the holocaust was really about the JWs.
>>
>>135842780
If you read I am not in the organization, just grew up in it. Unlike some of my friends who grew up in it with me I do not hold unreasonable hate or petty anger towards them.

Im actually thankful for what they did to me, I am a strong worker, great public speaker and did very well in school. I also have a family in accordance to gods law and shun the things my worldly peers partake in.

However if someone has legitimate issues with them I understand, after all there is a few reasons I am no longer one.
>>
File: Australian shitposting2.jpg (501KB, 1200x4500px) Image search: [Google]
Australian shitposting2.jpg
501KB, 1200x4500px
>>135842811

Uh oh, my bible guy says hes not supposed to cast pearls unto swine and has backed out of this argument. Thats you, NZ bro.
>>
>>135835095
>JWs actually seem pretty non-degenerate and redpilled
You're retarded if you think that.

They've erroneously predicted the Second Coming at least 4 times, and then had to walk it back and go "but we'll be right next time, trust me guys we're not totally full of shit and just a Christian version of Scientology".

Look into a dude called Hard Bastard and the Hard News Network. He was a member of JW for years and outright calls it a cult that he had to escape from. He does a bunch of videos talking about how it's all a fucking scam.
>>
File: 1420079002568.gif (607KB, 187x220px) Image search: [Google]
1420079002568.gif
607KB, 187x220px
Why people need have a religion anyway?
>>
>>135835095
The only redpilled Christians are the Arab ones.
>>
>>135842132
The "lord" stuff is what is made up and not in the original.
They guess that JHWH stands for Jehovah, but all the most prominent Bible translations are much more dishonest, when they try to mask JHWH by replacing it with a completely different word.
Ever wondered why stuff like
>I am the lord, your lord.
makes so little sense?
>>
>>135842953
see >>135842977
I'm curious about this
>>
>>135843016

I do think you're right about that. JW instilled a healthy sense of shame in me that many of peers don't have, which drove me quickly to conservatism once I became am adult. Though I think any decent Church/father can achieve that.
>>
>>135842977
No they just carry on even when it happens. Pretty bland.

>>135842811
Your scriptures prove nothing, how does that prove the trinity? Still to me looks exactly like Jesus is Gods son. Give context retard, you clearly are just throwing whatever scripture you find and hoping it sticks.

>>135843015
They actually just say it was neutrality which got them killed and it gets them banned and killed often. They dont claim to be the main victims, just to be among the victims for their own reasons.
>>
>>135842977
Fuck no! They can't wait to die and then be resurrected in "the New System"
>>
>>135843132
Got any info about Mandaeans? Are they redpilled?
>>
>>135842245
>Her JW family means more to her than her actual family
That sucks but at least it seems like she might still be meeting you halfway. Try having a sister who converted to Haredi Judaism
>>
>>135843286
I agree with you, but many attack the faith based on edgy teen hate, misinformation or trend points.

I think a healthy family produces healthy children but in my entire life, in one of the best countries in history I was never once encouraged to do this (my mother was a baptist even) except for when I was in a kingdom hall.
>>
>>135843373
The ones I was raised with did. They also think that the NWO and UN are a satanic organizations who are biding their time until they can collect up and murder all the witnesses. Its fucking crazytown
>>
>>135843373
>>135843383
sad!
>>
File: T58Bp.jpg (25KB, 364x302px) Image search: [Google]
T58Bp.jpg
25KB, 364x302px
>>135840141
Pic related sums up their entire movement. Anything popular or enjoyable is somehow the work of Satan and you're only allowed to like things (((The Society))) approves of. It's so fucking stupid I have to wonder why anybody not born into it puts up their shit.
>>
>>135843575
During the end times they believe the world will turn on JWs after they are finished with the other religions of the world.

But at least when I was there nobody was to do anything in preparation for such a time, for it do no good/might not happen anytime soon.
>>
>>135843456
if you heard about the euchites... but no, they are all shit except the nestorians also know as church of the east, it was established by Nestorius a greek bishop
>>
>>135842245
Sorry, bro. I know the feeling. She'll either find her own way out or she won't. Most of them go through a phase where they drift (inactive in the organization). When that happens, try to be around her as much as possible, and help her realize there's more to life. Also, Don't try to break her conditioning or you'll set off her defenses. They are literally brainwashed.
>>
>>135842543
Are you sure? Cause at a family gathering earlier this year there was this JW woman who unironically went into a thing about the RCC having Satanic origins
>>
>>135842245

That's no good, brother. Hope she finds her way back to you.
>>
File: trudeau-laughs-at-fire.jpg (831KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
trudeau-laughs-at-fire.jpg
831KB, 1200x1600px
>>135843016
Bible guy feels sympathetic for you hearing youre a Jehova, since he used to be friendly with them when they showed up and were really nice and all etc. He says he prays for them.

-Instead of "the word was God", they write "and the word was a god"

They add an A, and decapitalize God. There is no manuscript basis, there are no church fathers commentaries, there is zero basis for the addition of that indefinite article A.

If you go to the Greek, the word God that you decapitalized - they have left it unchanged through the rest of their bible. Its only there that they chose to interpret the Greek word that way. Only in that verse, did you demote him, arbitrarily, whilst the rest of the bible he is attributed with the capitalized G with the same word.

"So its just hogwash"
>>
>>135843709
This is pretty much how irreligious people see anyone who is religious.
>>
>>135842808
Read more nonfiction and develop intellectual courage.
>>
File: Hope.jpg (44KB, 450x511px) Image search: [Google]
Hope.jpg
44KB, 450x511px
>>135843163
Nope, no bunker...

You ready for this shit? because it's about as fucked up as one can imagine..

So, When judgement day finally arrives, those who were faithful to Jehovah, lived in relative harmony with eachother, etc. will be spared. God will wipe out all the evil, and wickedness from the earth, and it will be like a paradise again (told in Genesis) "there will be no more hunger, or sorrow, or pain anymore, the former things, have passed away".
they (used to,unsure if this is current doctrine) teach that former faithful will be resurrected into this paradise on earth, and there will be an "age of peace" as "satan is cast down into the abyss".
followed by a brief respite, where god lets satan out of time out, and then finally deletes him from being.

JW's actually welcome death, as it will shorten the time between when this world, and the paradise begins, they know that their former friends, and loved ones will all be there, at the same time they are, enjoying the peace, and comforts of the world as god originally saw fit.
>>
>>135843709
No, the ruling when I was there was entertainment is up to you. It is a grey area. You aren't to enjoy violence for example (from the bible) however is it ok to like the story of soddom and gommorah?

Obviously there is a reasonable amount of violence allowed in what you read/watch and what you classify as violence is up to you.

Would a good christian watch 300 Spartans? No. Would a good christian watch a movie where a dog attack happens in one scene? Well that is on them to decide.

There is a lot of grey, and it is up to the christian to decide what he thinks is ok in most cases.

The idea they dictate the lives of their members is insane, they just have stricter guidelines with slightly less grey, which is a good thing in today's ever increasing world of vile degeneracy.
>>
>>135835095
Too clannish. I like my space.
>>
>>135843709
To be fair, at least 90% of the things that are popular are degenerate
>>
>>135844055
Correct on all accounts except waiting to die. This is not true, they are taught to value and enjoy life within gods rules.

You are correct otherwise.
>>
>>135844026
Yeah, but as a kid who was brought up religious, the JW's I interacted with were more obnoxious about it and everything I've heard since except for from the Kiwifag in this thread confirms.

>>135844238
Yeah, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>135844366
I never said wanted to die..

I said welcomed death, meaning they had no fear of it.
>>
>>135843834
>>135843978
Thanks anons.
It's actually a weird situation. She became a drug addict with a guy while living in San Diego. We finally got her to board a plane and come back to Wisconsin and through rehab. The guy had to stay in San Diego to undercover bust for the DEA, but got clean as well. They then got married after he could leave CA and moved to Nashville, where his family is. He was raised JW, so he returned to it and my sister jumped through all the hoops to convert.
On one hand, JW has been the thing to take her away from addiction. On the other hand, JW has taken her away from her blood family, who have only ever supported her emotionally and financially.
>>
>>135837012
^^^ This
>>
>>135844440
I spent my first 17 years of life in the congregation, I have been called anything from Devil Worshiper to baby eater and more.

I heard so many lies about the faith a grew up in and still do. A lot of this thread are lies or petty complaints about some JW member (which could be true and not exaggerated) but I highly suspect many people make up stories for trend points.

Are some JWs weird? Yes. It doesnt take a genius to know this. Is the whole group a bunch of baby humping money launderers? No. It also does not take a genius to know this.

They are, simply put, Christians who dont give ground on their rules to please others.
>>
>>135844566
Having no fear of death is wrong, they have a natural fear of death. But they dont fear death to the point where they attempt to live for the day with no regrets like you might be used to doing.
>>
>>135844643
She only replaced one addiction with another. My grandfather is similar. He used to be addicted to alcohol and gambling and now he's addicted to church. It's healthier but still an addiction.
>>
>>135836916
Raised one too. Nightmare. Do NOT get baptized.
>>
File: Commisar.jpg (41KB, 480x494px) Image search: [Google]
Commisar.jpg
41KB, 480x494px
>>135844954
No, you misunderstand..

No fear of death as in no fear of what happens in death, or after life...

They're cultists, not retarded, they have a healthy appreciation of the mortal coil, and don't live life like it's their last day.

Holy fuck, you were raised in this shit, didn't they teach you to read into things?
>>
>>135845098
My Elder was great, he encouraged me to get baptized but only lightly, he spent more time ensuring it was a choice I wanted to make. When I said no and chose to be with my now wife instead that was the end.
>>
>>135835095
They deny Jesus Christ's divinity by denying the trinity.

Jesus is a distinct personality from God the Father and the Holy Ghost, they are each God. And together they are the God head.

JWs believe in modality. That God is just one entity that wears other hats when he needs to.

This among other things opens them up to being misled.
>>
>>135845363
What are you on about? Nobody was neutral about death, they have a healthy fear of death like any well adjusted person.

Are you scared of what happens after death? If so it seems like you have more problems than those who are content with what might happen after death.
>>
>>135844832
>They are, simply put, Christians who dont give ground on their rules to please others.

They operate a billion dollar plus publishing "non-profit." Your view of the organisation is ultimately myopic and seems to be based on your (mostly positive) experience in your specific KH. There is no "simply put" with JW.
>>
>>135845412
Jesus is gods son, and only through him can we get access to god in prayer.

If you say God and Jesus is the same then you are delusional and cant read a simple text like the bible.
>>
>>135845724
The bible is complicated as hell. Fake, sure, but it isn't simple.
>>
>>135845404
Yeah, good blokes exist, but if you go too far off the reservation - baptism lite - and they get wind of it, there's a target on yer back.
My folks converted in NZ ironically, dad got hijacked into listening while working on the docks as a new immigrant in early 60's.
If i could time travel, i would make sure that conversation on the docks never happened.
>>
>>135845591
>Are you scared of death

Nope, I'm gonna do it again someday..
Wanna know what it's like being dead?
It's nothing. period.

Keep coming after me, with you ad homonym bullshit, Australia's hat, you're proving you're no better than they are.
>>
>>135845615
How else are they meant to publish physical information for free if not by huge donations? This is true of any world wide church organization.

This does not make them crazies mate.

What makes more sense:

1: They are simply a more fundamental Christian group

2: They are a money laundering cultists who give everything hoping to die soon?

Option 1 is the sensible answer.
>>
>>135845412

Are you able to elaborate on this? They often spoke of how the trinity was incorrect, but I never understood WHY this particular bit of theological autism mattered. Would be interested to hear more.
>>
>>135843132
Arabs are genetically inferior and predisposed to low iq and violence. They can't be redpilled in anything. They frankly shouldn't exist.
>>
I sometimes go soulwinning and i once got turned away by a muslim because he thought i was JW when i told him i wasnt he let me in
What does that tell you
>>
>>135845840
Some things are complex in it yes, hence why we theologians, the idea Jesus is Gods son is a very basic concept of the bible.

>>135845856
By target you mean they kindly ask you to not partake in their community if you wish to live a degenerate life? Why is this a bad thing?

I get some people have this idea that nobody else ever has a say in the life of another under any circumstance, but this idea is a huge bane on society and the fact that JWs stand their ground on rules everyone knows about before joining seems fine to me.

>>135845924
After death there is nothing, this is exactly what JWs believe. So I still dont understand your insane ramblings.
>>
>>135846304

When I left, they harassed me for MONTHS. Including turning up where I was working and causing a scene. You have a soft spot for them, but do not consider that MANY others have had vastly worst experiences with the types of leadership KHs end up with.
>>
>>135846304
Listen here, you backwater austrailian reject...

Go back to feeling guilty about leaving the Kingdom hall, Stand before your elders, and beg to be reinstated, barring that, read a book about critical thinking. It would serve you well.
>>
>>135845724
Yea that's what I'm saying man.

>>135845999
So to deny the trinity, which is three witnesses, they have to say that God is One and just takes other forms. The serious problem with this is it's exactly the same thing the New Agers, Hindus, and Luciferians such as the Freemasons say. The Muslims also only believe there is only one god. They all believe in the god of forces.

By denying that Jesus is God and one of the Trinity, again three witnesses are needed to testify, one is never enough to convict, they open themselves up to the same coming deception that the antichrist will bring.

That deception is he will cone saying that he was/is all of these figures throughout history and religions. That all the world's religions were seeking him out just in different eays.

Jesus said there is only ONE way to the Father and that is through Him.

And it's not just JWs, it's Pentecostals and Mormans.
>>
>>135846589
I dont believe it is as many as you think. It is not "just" my experience but the experience of the many I know who have left. Not one is angry about it, most are just "yea it happened" types like me.

Leaving the JWs is not a hard thing to do unless you think your family should throw away all they believe in because you value yourself as more important.

Are there some crazies? Probably, but then by your logic every organization that ever existed is "bad".

Get a grip mate.
>>
>>135845924
It's not nothing friend, our spirits are eternal.

It's a simple choice between life with God or eternity in hell.
>>
>>135846702
I am not guilty, I disagree with some teachings and have left of my own free will.

You have no argument beyond "dey be cultists n'ere mateys" and nothing more. Just because they have standards does not make them a crazy place.

You have grown up in a world without standards, so the thought of having them seems like hell for you. This is what a child whose parents let them do anything feels when he goes to a well adjusted house where the parents are an active part of their life. It's just petty.
>>
>>135846963

You have a habit of saying "by your logic" and then inserting an argument that was never made. Have you noticed that?

If you truly believe that a monthly phone call with my parents would constitute them "throwing away everything they believe in", you are a sad fool.
>>
>>135836916
So my grandmother is a JW and basically shunned two of her sons when they didn't partake in the church. Is it common for JWs to shut out non-religious family members or not?
>>
>>135847600

Yes. It is REQUIRED.
>>
>was engaged to a jw

Any religion that preaches that you disown your children because they decided they dont want to be in it is wrong.
End if story.
>>
>>135835095
>they probably dont get many young men coming in alone.

That's, like, almost all of the traffic they get.
>>
>>135847833
It's a slippery slope, what if the kids were fags or degenerates? This is a self defense mechanism that ensures the quality of the heard remains top notch.
>>
>>135846304
No, i mean cool elders who help you find a middle ground. They get targeted for not being zealous enough. The real zealous ones though. Wew. The brainwashing is strong with these.
>>
>>135847597
Why should they call you? They value their faith more than you and that is absolutely fine. Anybody who believes in god would cast aside their brother if the brother is a sinner.

If god hates a sinner, and you enjoy time with a sinner, are you not partaking in something god hates and enjoying it?

Id say yes and your family agrees. They are open to forgiving you but they will not enjoy your presence and nor do they have to.

Get over it.
>>
File: JW_01.jpg (9KB, 438x280px) Image search: [Google]
JW_01.jpg
9KB, 438x280px
>>135835095
Current JW, active JW, converted at the age of 25. Now going on at 34. Some of you know me here by my name tag. Ask me anything. I'm unique seeing how I wasn't raised one but chose to convert instead.

Ask me anything.

How many current members are there here right now?
>>
File: 20170729_143331.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_143331.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>135835523
God. His rear sight made me want to sterilize him.
>>
>>135848105
You get it, they have standards and this is why they are hated. JWs will never be like the fag loving Christians we know today.
>>
>>135848190

Hahaha, holy shit. You are an actual crazy person. You are on the level of reddit-tier "what is so special about a DAD compared to anyone else?" degenerate. One day you might understand.
>>
>>135848322
Excommunicated here. Do you know what the Bible says about people who make false prophecies?
>>
>>135841914
>shunning policy
My mum shunned me for 20 years. I was an upstanding, law abiding citizen who simply left the church.
They disintegrate families to retain control of the 'sheep'. My mum apologized on her death bed. I can't talk about it without getting fucking pissed.
I fucking despise JW.
>>
>>135848519
I understand, but again how can somebody be christian and enjoy the company of someone god hates?

You think you should be more important to your family than god? If you think this then this is why they will not see you.
>>
>>135848591
Blame your mum, she chose to do it.

JWs are in the right anyway, they should not willingly chill with sinners. The bible is clear, you are asking them to not be christian for your own needs.
>>
>>135847600
Yes, it is a requirement and yes it is Biblical.

>(Titus 3:10, 11) As for a man that promotes a sect, reject him after a first and a second admonition; 11 knowing that such a man has been turned out of the way and is sinning, he being self-condemned.

>(Romans 16:17) Now I exhort YOU, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that YOU have learned, and avoid them.

>(2 Thessalonians 3:6) Now we are giving YOU orders, brothers, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to withdraw from every brother walking disorderly and not according to the tradition YOU received from us.

>(2 Thessalonians 3:14) But if anyone is not obedient to our word through this letter, keep this one marked, stop associating with him, that he may become ashamed.

>(2 John 10) If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him.

>(1 Corinthians 5:11) But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.

>(Matthew 18:15-17) “Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go lay bare his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 ... take along with you one or two more, in order that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. 17 ..., let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector.

The other Jews generally avoided voluntary association with tax collectors and classified them with persons known to be sinners, including harlots. (Mt 9:11; 11:19; 21:32; Mr 2:15; Lu 5:30; 7:34) Hence, to treat a “brother” who proved to be an unrepentant wrongdoer like “a tax collector” meant having no voluntary association with him.—Mt 18:15-17.
>>
>>135848322
Are you the Swiss jw I've seen here before?
>>
>>135848322
Does it ever occur to you that referring to your beliefs internally as "the truth" is creepy as FUCK?

Hello brother, how long have you "been in the truth"?

Cult alert.

You shouldn't be on here and you know it. If your elders knew, you would be spoken to and you know it. Fuck off and do your recruiting legitimately.
>>
>>135848190
By your logic God hates everyone but we know that is not true from the very well known John 3:16.

I hate to break it to you but accepting God's gift of eternal life and believing on Christ does not make you stop sinning. You are a sinner. Even Paul spoke of his own struggles with sin. David killed a man to sleep with his wife. These men were far more faithful than I imagine your average JW is.

Jesus died for us while we were yet sinners.

It's your job to spread the gospel and you shouldn't spend your time with UNBELEIVERS buy everyone is a sinner.
>>
>>135848964
>making this big of a deal over semantics
>>
>>135848964
I agree, he should not be on here. I call LARPing or double life.

>>135848322
Do you actually go through threads on here and post in other places etc?
>>
>>135845412
>“The impression could arise that the Trinitarian dogma is in the last analysis a late 4th-century invention. In a sense, this is true . . . The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Volume 14, page 299.

>“The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian dogma. Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.”— The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIV, p. 299

>“The trinity of persons within the unity of nature is defined in terms of ‘person’ and ‘nature’ which are Greek philosophical terms; actually the terms do not appear in the Bible. The trinitarian definitions arose as the result of long controversies in which these terms and others such as ‘essence’ and ‘substance’ were erroneously applied to God by some theologians.”—John L. McKenzie, S.J., Dictionary of the Bible (New York, 1965), p. 899.

John L. McKenzie is a Jesuit Catholic Scholar and his book, Dictionary of the Bible, is considered imprimatur.

It's pretty well established that the Trinity is not Biblical to the point that non-JW Churches admit this.

CONTINUED
>>
>>135848766
I am a better christian now, than ever as a JW.
Because it comes from my heart, not legislated from platform by men in cheap baggy suits.
>>
>>135845412
>“The Jews never regarded the spirit as a person; nor is there any solid evidence that any Old Testament writer held this view. . . . The Holy Spirit is usually presented in the Synoptics [Gospels] and in Acts as a divine force or power.” – Edmund Fortman, Catholic Theologian, The Triune God, (1972)

>“The Old Testament . . . tells us nothing explicitly or by necessary implication of a Triune God who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. . . . There is no evidence that any sacred writer even suspected the existence of a [Trinity] within the Godhead. . . . Even to see in [the “Old Testament”] suggestions or foreshadowings or ‘veiled signs’ of the trinity of persons, is to go beyond the words and intent of the sacred writers.” - Edmund Fortman, Catholic Theologian, The Triune God, (1972)

>“The Creeds of that early day make no mention . . . of the [Trinity] at all. They make mention indeed of a Three; but that there is any mystery in the doctrine, that the Three are One, that They are coequal, coeternal, all increate, all omnipotent, all incomprehensible, is not stated, and never could be gathered from them.” An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine, by John Henry Cardinal Newman, Sixth Edition, 1989, pages 14-18.

Your own scholars say it is not Biblical. Why should I believe in it?
>>
>>135849071
No, god hates a willful sinner but will forgive a repenting person.

If you reject gods word (which for JWs is their interpretation) then you should be rightfully shunned or they would not be christians. Since you are actively choosing to not live a wholesome life.

There should be no problem here unless you are a willful sinner in the eyes of someone you wish loved you no matter what.
>>
>>135849179
Oh yes the first person I'm going to listen to is a Jesuit.

You realize this group is intimately involved in bringing about the one world government right?
>>
>>135849212
Cool and that is fine, but then you of all people should know that JWs cannot be associated with you unless you convert.

You see yourself as a "better" christian, and they disagree. Why is this a problem again?

They no longer want anything to do with you until you repent. This is fine.
>>
>>135835095
My cousins are JWs, the JW lifestyle is all-or-nothing. You are either fully committed to it or you're excommunicated. My uncle is excommunicated, now his children will hardly talk to him, strictly because he's not a JW any more. They're a very culti-sh group. I haven't talked to my cousin since I was like 6 (23 now), strictly because I'm not 'one of them'.

You best avoid them at all costs, OP. Despite being Arian heretics, they're also absolutely bananas.
>>
>>135849238
My scholars are not Jesuits.

I use the bible alone and while I certainly respect early church fathers though and opinions I do not take them as doctrine.
>>
>>135835095
there is a reason hitler banned them

they don't even worship Jesus from what I hear, they just beat their kids a lot
>>
>>135849594
You heard wrong, they pray to God through Jesus multiple times a day for example. They just dont believe God and Jesus are the same thing.

They are allowed to punish their children physically. Any good parent would in the right situation.
>>
>>135849133
You are being slowly boiled alive by not seeing the truth they hide from you by chucking their brand of truth down your gullet.

Wake up.
>>
>>135848883
Nope, long time Burgerflag JW poster with the unique name tag JW on /pol/.

>>135848964
My elders have known for years that I'm on here. They gave me their blessings. Their only warning to me was to be careful and that they don't need to remind me of the dangers of the internet. It's my own conscious choice to be here and they cannot deny it to me unless they discover I'm a pornfag or even worse, a Reddit poster.

>>135849135
I've been a 4Chan poster before I was a JW. I'm a former /b/tard and /hc/ browser. Total degenerate and former porn addict. I've changed my ways and now browse /tv/, /out/, and /pol/. I stay on /pol/ because /pol/ keeps up on all the secrets of the world and the REAL truth about things.
>>
>>135848322
Hey faggot answer the question
>>135848522
>>
>>135849478

Yeah, why would people be mad or upset about their family never speaking to them again? Beep bop.
>>
>>135835095
Big mistake. They wrote their own Bible. During Congressional hearings it was found that None of the people on the re-write board could speak or wrote any other language. No Hebrew. No Latin, no Aramaic, none! They truly made up their own interpretation. They do not believe Hell exist. They do not believe in the Trinity. The say Jesus is Michael the Archangel. So many bullshit lies I can't list them all. As far as not being degenerate.. I fucked every girl and half the women at a Kingdom Hall. They are sex craved pervs.
Go to a Baptist Church that uses the King James only. They are not nice people. It is a Satanic Cult! Don't fall brother. Hit the pussy,
>>
A JW thread on /pop/, what the hell kind of time line is this?
>>
>>135849767
>pornfag
If you said this in the presence of other members of your congregation you know it would not be accepted.

If you wouldn't do it in a kingdom hall (a house of god) then why do it on here?

I call LARP.
>>
>>135848322
Do you actually believe in it or just joined it for social benefits? How did it all begin? Did you request a Bible Study or did you just decide to actually let in some door knockers?

>>135849594
Hitler more soft banned them. They were still Aryans but Aryans part of a group that refused to swear loyalty to the Reich or join the military. It was so soft all they had to do is renounce their faith to be able to go back to normal lives. Even if they didn't they were usually treated better than most prisoners and given the more trustworthy tasks since they didn't fear the JW sabotaging them like Jews.
>>
>>135849133

They're called thought terminating cliches. JWs love them.

"Worldly system of things"
"The new system"
"The truth"
>>
>>135849828
You can be mad at them, but why the organization? If you understand the context of why they do not associate with you then it makes perfect sense.

They have standards and you do not meet them. You are the problem not them.
>>
>>135849409
Yes, but John L McKenzie is one of the greatest Biblical scholars of the 20th century. His work, Dictionary of the Bible, is a very good tool. You can research what he says and confirm it yourself. The part about where the Trinity is described through terms like "substance," essence," and "nature" is from Helenistic Greek philosophy. These terms and beliefs are not found in the Bible but in Plato, Aristotle, and Pythagoras. The Trinity can be traced back through old triad gods, Greek Philosophy, and Hindu avatarism.
>>
>>135849786
Sorry, I'm not supposed to talk to you. Come back when you are reinstated.
>>
>>135849767
I want to quit pornography and masturbation. I did it before for 6 months successfully, and contrary to conventional talk, sexual urges were greatly reduced. I feel horny all the time and want to quit this bullshit once and for all because I need to focus.
Could you elaborate your experience? I find hearing others accounts very motivating.
>>
>>135849956
Look up my name tag on 4plebs. I go waaay back.

If you don't want to believe me, fine. We are all anonymous so it is fair. But judge my works instead. Go find my old work on 4plebs.
>>
>>135849478
Repent for being a good person? How does that work again?

I just didn't consent to wasting another minute sitting in those mind numbing talks. So boring, so dumbed down, so inaccurate.
"Because Jehovah's Witnesses believe as little in psychology as they do in philosophy, it tames or numbs the wilderness of the heart by closing valves of inquiry." _Barbara Grizzuti Harrison.
>>
>>135850136
It doesn't really matter though if there were other versions of trinities in the past.

What else would you call Father, Son and a Holy Ghost?

It implies in the very beginning these three were talking amongst themselves and Jesus himself said he does the Fathers will but also equates himself as God. This shows that they are equal but separate. The Holy Ghost is also implied to be a separate entity when it says that the only sin that can't be forgive is blaspheming the Holy Ghost. Obviously it never says the word trinity outright in the bible but simple observation of the written word shows that there are three separate being that are all equally God.
>>
>>135842811
jesus might as well be God as he will be the only power you could compare with God, oh wait Jesus himself said that he never compared himself with God.
>>
>>135850479
Again, why should they pick you over god mate? Because you think you are a good person?

Barbara sounds like a retard, anybody can say that about anything.

>"Because the United States Government believe as little in psychology as they do in philosophy, it tames or numbs the wilderness of the heart by closing valves of inquiry."

Generic quote trash anybody can say about anything.
>>
>>135850064
Their standards are based on a very limited interpretation of carefully selected texts.

It is important to understand this. JW are wrong about several things, but don't want to consider this, or acknowledge it, so they chuck anyone out who calls them on it. See the problem here?
>>
>>135848105
>>135848766
>>135848827

I could understand not giving resources but not even a simple chat? Is their faith so fragile that little outside contact will shatter it?
>>
No, though I don't mind them, they seem to be clueless and very persistent. Especially the ones that want to 'Save' you
Invite them in, but you really need a proper plan to scare them away... Devil doesn't work, but speaking in latin often works better... DEUS VULT!!!!!!!!
>>
>>135849835
Can confirm, they are degenerate Satanists
>>
>>135850064

How far does that attitude extend for you personally? Are there any organisations with beliefs or "standards" that you find offensive enough to believe that the organisation is bad?

Honest question. Would you consider yourself a religious-libertarian (all beliefs are fine) or something like that?
>>
>>135850707
Except in Matthew 4
>>
a jehovas witness couple used to visit my family once a week on their tour around the neighbourhood, pearching the good word and all

one day the man shows up without his wife

she died in hospital because her religion doesn't allow blood transfusions.

the man is without his wife, the children too, all because they followed their religion too seriously...

pretty retarded if you ask me OP, he wasn't the same after, stopped visiting.
>>
>>135850136
And along with that the fact that it's called Father and Son is strong evidence of a relationship between two persons.

I have a child. That child is not me and I not him. We may be as one mind if we agree on everything but we are still not the same person.
>>
>>135850707
"If you've seen me, you've seen the father"
>>
>>135850237
And now pol can see why your whole Religion is utter shit. Also Charles taze Russell is a false prophet

>World will end in 1914
>I mean 1915
>I mean any day now my dudes.

Fucking cults.
>>
>>135849958
>Do you actually believe in it

I wouldn't believe in it if I couldn't verify it for myself. I'm not some gullible believer. I wasn't born into the religion and groomed in it. I'm not a convert because of loneliness and desperation where they made "empty" promises to me.

>just joined it for social benefits?

There are no social benefits guaranteed. You do not join for popularity and hotties like some do. In fact, seeing how unpopular JW are you risk losing your job, friends, family, etc. I lost my family because of joining. I don't have many friends in the JW. I'm not popular but I'm also not hated. I'm very average. I didn't join for girls neither.

>How did it all begin?

I'm a former real life /x/. Former UFO, ghost, bigfoot, hunter. Former ghost town and haunted house explorer. Former dabbler in the Occult. All this at the age of 12. I began to study with JW the Bible for the next 12 years on and off. Criticized them, questioned them, interrogated them to death for the next 12 years. I even tried to prove them wrong, but I couldn't. By the time I was an adult I had dabbled in all the degeneracy I could find short of drugs, crime and homosexuality. I found it dangerous, traumatizing, frightening, and meaningless. I stopped all that on my own. So I joined them at 25 knowing no one else had "the truth."

>Did you request a Bible Study or did you just decide to actually let in some door knockers?

Both
>>
>>135850735
So because you disagree with how they interpret the bible they should all just not have standards and not bother with their own organization?

Anybody can leave and join any faith they want, there is literally no problem other than you disagree and this somehow makes them a cult.
>>
>>135838990
Mormons are complete hoaxers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1sO5vJfNWs
>>
>>135850737
Look at other christian organizations who have lesbian priests and atheist priests. Slippery slope is real.

They are doing the right thing.
>>
>>135851037

What about faiths that are explicitly anti-West? Are you okay with radical Islam?
>>
>>135850980
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

I guess they edited that verse a bit too heavily.
>>
Don't waste your time brother, born and raised. They are far more degenerate than you can imagine. They tear families apart. They demand familial and racial treason. Just don't.
>>
>>135850734
She's an accomplished writer. Here is the full quote:

"It (jw) delivers people who have no tolerance for ambiguity from having to make moral choices. It allows self-loathers to project their hatred onto the world. It translates the allure of the world into Satanic temptation, so that those who fear its enticements are armed against seduction. It provides ego balm for the lowly, an identification with the The Chosen. Because Jehovah's Witnesses believe as little in psychology as they do in philosophy, it tames or numbs the wilderness of the heart by closing valves of inquiry."
--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison,
author of "Visions of Glory" and once one of "Jehovah's Witnesses"
>>
>>135851212
This. So much this. Please hear us. Save yourself the pain we have endured.
>>
>>135850737
We can have associations with non-JW like with business, fellow employees, company picnics, customer service, etc.

With non-JW family our relationships with them must be limited to family and secular matters only.

With obvious WILLFUL sinners we must have no association with at all.
>>
>>135835095

I wonder if we could take over Scientology
>>
>>135850388
>Go find my old work on 4plebs.

what a time to be alive when we have potential JW telling us to look up their post history on 4chan archive sites, like , what's going on?
>>
not gonna lie, i've found this thread more interesting than i thought i would. more interesting than most of the threads I found this evening... /x/ was shit... /b/ was cancerous as per the fucking usual... so thanks, you wonderful degenerate fucks lol
>>
>>135851037
Agreed, but your family shuns you simply because you say their beliefs are not accurate?

Not loving, not godlike, is motivated by fear and ignorance, and is clear evidence of NOT being truth in my book.

Peace bro.
>>
>>135835095

I wonder if we could take over S cientology
>>
>>135851587
you got dough? if not, don't bother
>>
Anyone else a Windy City Heat fan? The Scaremaster is a Javaho.
>>
>>135851573
this,

also, why do you even still browse /b/? seriously? do you like the porn their or something?
>>
>>135850776
The way I see it, if people willingly join an organization or religion and then decide to say sacrifice gold fish they buy from the store. I am not going to go nuts and call them a cult and controlling etc. Sure it's weird and I wont do it but to react the way people to do JWs is over the top.

For example there is a huge increase of pagans and witches in the west, I think they are retarded and disagree but are they a cult of mind controlling money launderers? No.

I just think people need to sit back and realize they are just following the crowd and hating on the group with standards for trend points.

It's like heavens gate. People left the cult right up till the last few days before their exodus. It was entirely of their own choosing yet parents of those kids went nuts over it.

If JWs ordered a crusade and started killing their neighbors then yea I would not defend that, but they do nothing to harm others bar situations with blood transfusion. Attack them on blood transfusion and their kids, not because you think your family should give up faith for you.
>>
>>135841080

The Israel of the Bible was a fictitious place, like ancient Egypt. Both areas are deserts, full of fake ruins.
>>
>>135851662
>you got dough? if not, doughnut bother

fixed
>>
>>135851351
I'm going to bed soon but can you reply to this post >>135850290
You seem very rational and I'd like to here how you were able to surmount your porn addiction. I'm bookmarking this thread so I'll see your reply tomorrow
>>
>>135851695
we all need a daily dose of cancer to remind us how well we're doing in comparison to others. I usually think myself a sperglord... until i go on /b/... and to be fair, i was expecting to get more shit for the /x/ admission lol
>>
File: 1499442732390.jpg (97KB, 415x454px) Image search: [Google]
1499442732390.jpg
97KB, 415x454px
>>135851695
Jehovas witness are a cult and their leader prophesied the end in 1914
THEY ARE NOT SAVED
>>
>>135850980
I'll answer this controversy but I won't answer you anymore after this:

>We have not the gift of prophecy - Zion's Watch Tower, July 1883.

>We do not even aver that there is no mistake in our interpretation of prophecy and our calculations of chronology. - Zion's Watch Tower, 1908

>Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible, or on a par with the holy Scriptures. The most we claim or have ever claimed for our teachings is that they are what we believe to be harmonious interpretations of the divine Word, in harmony with the spirit of the truth. And we still urge, as in the past, that each reader study the subjects we present in the light of the Scriptures, proving all things by the Scriptures, accepting what they see to be thus approved, and rejecting all else. It is to this end, to enable the student to trace the subject in the divinely inspired Record, that we so freely intersperse both quotations and citations of the Scriptures upon which to build. - Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence, 15 December 1896,reprint, 2080

CONTINUED
>>
>>135851170
Im fine if muslims decide they want to stay in their own country and reject immigration both in and out. But when they begin to invade and kill others I will obviously not be so supportive.

If muslims were like the armish or the JWs then id have no problem with them.
>>
>>135851788
fixed? more like warped lol
>>
>>135851585
No because in their eyes your life is willingly sinful. If they believe god hates willing sinners then yes they should shun you for your life choice.
>>
File: 1500587718516m.jpg (123KB, 933x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500587718516m.jpg
123KB, 933x1024px
>>135851004
HOw can they have holy spirit yet theyve pro po hesied the end times 6 times
ARE U A FOOL ?
Jesus warned of these kind
>>
File: Occultists.jpg (60KB, 204x374px) Image search: [Google]
Occultists.jpg
60KB, 204x374px
>>135841533

The occultists run all the religious cults. Wicked, corrupt people.
>>
File: 1499746630490.png (185KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
1499746630490.png
185KB, 500x644px
>>135850980
They are a cult and they are not saved ..they put their faith in their works instead of jesus sacrifice .
They will burn in hell
>>
>>135850980
>>135851843
It is not our intention to enter upon the role of prophet to any degree, but merely to give below what seems to us rather likely to be the trend of events—giving also the reasons for our expectations - "Views From the Watch Tower," Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence, 1 March 1904, reprint, 3327

>Someone may ask, Do you, then, claim infallibility and that every sentence appearing in "The Watch Tower" publications is stated with absolute correctness? Assuredly we make no such claim and have never made such a claim. What motive can our opponents have in so charging against us? Are they not seeking to set up a falsehood to give themselves excuse for making attacks and to endeavor to pervert the judgments of others? - Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence, 15 September 1909,reprint, 4473.

>However, we should not denounce those who in a proper spirit express their dissent in respect to the date mentioned [1914] and what may there be expected . . . We must admit that there are possibilities of our having made a mistake in respect to the chronology, even though we do not see where any mistake has been made in calculating the seven times of the Gentiles as expiring about October 1, 1914. - The Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence, 15 November 1913, repr.5348

There you go. The claim that JW made PROPHECIES did not originate from JW. It originated from OPPOSERS of JW. JW made SPECULATIONS BASED ON THE BIBLE but always PROCLAMED to NEVER BE INFALLIBLE.
>>
>>135850980
Yes this is a big issue I have too.
>>
File: 1493249530304.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
1493249530304.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>>135852227
Cant u see if you ever really had the holy spirit, you would not be predicting the future?
CLEAr VIOLATION shows you are HERETICS !!
>>
>>135851756

I think this is the primary point that we disagree on. I am quite vocal about my problems with JW, because I believe they have crossed an important societal moral boundary. You might think that is just crowd following or something, but you do yourself a disservice by dismissing it out of hand. I am of the belief that anti-family practises DO harm others.

You fall into the same problem as economic libertarians - harm isn't as simple as "he punched me." JW anti-family practises damage society in a similar way to SJW anti-family rhetoric. By restricting allowable attacks to specific issues that YOU find morally offensive, you shut off any conversation that can be had about the religion's place in society.
>>
>>135842245
Could be worse, she could be whoring around like every other woman.
>>
File: JewsPornography.jpg (2MB, 1558x6300px) Image search: [Google]
JewsPornography.jpg
2MB, 1558x6300px
>>135852013
>>135851833
Answered>>135852227
>>135851843

>>135851810
First you must do pic related. Read the truth about porn and who it affects. Once you build enough shame and disgust it will override your desire for porn. Same when you eat a delicious food only to find out the disgusting source.

Second, you must examine yourself. As yourself WHY you watch porn and masturbate. Most don't watch because they are horny. Most watch and masturbate because of depression and anxiety. Do you masturbate when you feel stressed, scared, alone, lonely, bored, worried? If so, then that is the reason, not because you are horny. It may be that Porn and masturbation are coping mechanism for some underlying problems.
>>
>>135849767
>not a reddit poster
Point well made mate. But allow me to ask you this:
You say your elders are cool with you being here. What if you let it slip to another member and then they start coming here. They hear from us 'apostates', and look more critically at JW doctrine. They start to miss meetings etc. elder bob says what's up. They tell him, you're gonna look responsible, and your 'approval' to post here will be rescinded.
Do you see the slippery slope you are on?
Yes, you can keep it quiet, but ... You're not following the rules which is to not associate with apostates, and you just did.

Be careful amigo.
>>
>>135851136

Except it seems that JW basically get no where. Their good conversion rate is offset by poor retention. Having some bat-shit crazys running around seems a small sacrifice for more people saved and staying that way. It seems from this thread that if shunning didn't happen you wouldn't have as much of a problem of current members becoming demoralized.
>>
File: 1500845947934.jpg (68KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
1500845947934.jpg
68KB, 640x621px
>>135847273
>Just because they have standards does not make them a crazy place.

EXACTLY THIS. I left them because i couldn't be assed to follow the rules, not because the rules were bad. Everytime i hear people complaining about JW's, it'b because they're "strict" or something. Uh, yes, of course god wants you to get up and ACTUALLY FUCKING DO SOMETHING in his name.

The people bitching about that remind me of beta fags that actively criticize people that workout and try to have a healthy diet. Just be like me and admit you are an irresponsible piece of shit and simply don't give a fuck. I'm going to enjoy the rest of my life, and if Jehovah smites me down later, then so be it. I deserve it and i don't care.
>>
>>135852634
>Stopped watching 3D porn because the shame was more powerful than my desire.
>Still jack it to 2D but don't feel bad
HELP ME
>>
>>135852558
I can see that, I have a close bond with my family.

But if your son was Gay, got aids and went to sex parties etc (as an example) would you still welcome him with open arms until the day you die?

If you would then that is fine, if not then all you are saying is that your standards for family members are lower than theirs. You can argue their standard should be lower, but not that they destroy families anymore than someone who does not want to associate with his gay son for example.

I can see what you mean and understand, but I think they promote family more than they destroy it. I know my family is better off with their teachings.
>>
>>135852535
They were not prophesying as you can see. They were INTERPRETING prophecies from the Bible. That is not a crime. In fact, if you were a true Christian you would TRY to understand the prophecies of the Bible and share your interpretation with your fellow Christians. Even if you make a mistake.

There is a difference between predicting that Trump would win the election and telling everyone that GOD TOLD YOU Trump would win the election. One is a prediction based on observable evidence the other is now a prophecy.
>>
>>135839676
give me a rundown? What type of security? more info plz
>>
>>135852820
This is exactly how I feel to a T.
>>
File: 1499391962728.gif (370KB, 206x176px) Image search: [Google]
1499391962728.gif
370KB, 206x176px
>>135852634
Please man for your own soul listen
HELL IS REAL
The trinity is real
Jw have corrupted the bible

Listen to pastor anderson and see if u can rebuke him
>>
>>135852753
Few people walk the path to salvation so it is of no surprise that few people follow the word of god.
>>
>>135851974
My life is great, and pretty much in line with christian principles :)
I left JW and never looked back. Despite my family being idiots about it. I won in the end, because i will never go back, and my mum said she was sorry for being a lousy parent due to following the JW rules so closely.

How Sad though. And what a waste of years. No relationship with 5 beautiful white grandkids because we affectionately said JW's are wankers, and showed living proof of why.
They are sanctimonious fools in my book, i am glad to have buried it all with my mum.
Good luck in your journey.
>>
File: IMG_4556.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4556.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>be me
>19
>"""JW"""
>want to leave but will never talk to family again

FUCK MY LIFE

pic unrelated
>>
>>135835095
You will not subvert the JW from within. You will merely experience the biggest pain in the ass you've ever had. Give up this silly idea before you waste a chunk of your life.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-01-22-30-01.png (662KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-01-22-30-01.png
662KB, 1080x1920px
>>135853005
Are u blind m8?
>>
>>135853129
Just fucking stop. He addressed all of your concerns as civilly as possible and you just ignore them and continue to Reee.
>>
>>135835095
Fritz Springmeier wrote a pretty interesting book about JWs
>>
>>135835095
JWs are fucking sick unless you like explaining everything to a council who judges you. Plus only 144,000 go to heaven. My mother was a JW (she converted) and my great GRANDMOTHER was one of the anointed. Based out of Jew York, and uses some blasphemous translation of the Bible. Jesus is God and the trinity is what makes Christians Christian so no they aren't based, they're just there to control the weak minded
>P. S. enjoy trying to push your magazines, no rational Christian wants them
>>
>>135853562
Read his post again.
>>
>>135853129

>HELL IS REAL

Pagan concept. The "hell" of the Bible is Sheol and Gehenna. They are both just oblivion. Gehenna is PERMANENT oblivion.

>The trinity is real

Pagan concept>>135849179>>135849238

>Jw have corrupted the bible

One of the most accurate Bibles to date.

>Listen to pastor anderson and see if u can rebuke him

I don't listen to false prophets. Yes, I did go there.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-01-22-29-49.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-01-22-29-49.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>135853682
Fuck off heretic , LAST GENERATION?
>>
>>135853365
You have more control over the sitch than you think.
They don't want to talk to you, fine. You call them and leave updates on their machine. You stop in unexpectedly to tell them about all the good things you are doing with the time you now have to follow your dreams. Even if you only get a few words in, they will come around in time.
Every time my mum wrote "you are dead to me" i should have called her and said "i love you Mum". She would have come around sooner.
Instead i burned her toxic letters and grieved. In hindsight now, i should have played the game better..
Just hoping that might help you a bit if you have to bail because the stupidity becomes unbearable.
>>
>>135852905

If their standards were just actual anti-society sins (AIDS, sex parties, drug abuse), I would have little problem with them personally. Excluding a family member who does not do those things but is not interested in belonging to their particular religious/political organisation is not a standard. This is where my problem lies. JWs teach that the moral character itself is irrelevant, only the status of their membership.

This is why I compare it to SJW-style shunning of Trump voters, as an example. You do not belong to my in-group, your actual moral character is irrelevant, please stop speaking to me. You can argue that we should tolerate all beliefs that are not physically violent, but I think this is a very short-sighted view.

That said, I would not equate or argue that JW is MORE destructive than SJW anti-family beliefs. But the organisation places itself above our common society - fine for them, the world is ending after all.
They refuse to fight for western civilisation in any active form, and become hermits in their little bubble. You think they promote family, but if Muslims invaded and started raping their daughters, the religion would preach: do nothing, this is God's will. Very gay.

They promote loyalty to the in-group over all. This is the problem.
>>
>>135853138

If that's the case then why such a focus on conversion and teaching? If few people are going to follow why try and change that? Shouldn't those who want to follow the JW path be naturally attracted to it? Are you not also trying to making some people into something they weren't meant to be?
>>
>>135852831
With what?
>>
>>135853854
Because all need a chance at it? Compassion etc?

You dont just give up what is right because it is hard.
>>
>>135853846
I have to go soon, but I will dwell on this. You really made me think. Cheers.
>>
>>135836618
It's the cultiest atmosphere of any other christian church their size. You'll be excommunicated without a second thought if the elders catch on.
Unless you're allready a worthless NEET in which case you just might be weak minded enough to swallow their lame AF theology.
>>
>>135853816
Good ideas actually
>>
>>135853720
>Pagan concept ??
Read the bible luke 16

And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
>>
>>135853996

Thank you for the chat, brother.
>>
>>135853720
>Trinity is pagan ...
John 1:1
John 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Do you rebuke the bible ?
>>
>>135853816

This is wise. Counter it with unconquerable positivity and love. I responded with anger, which probably just justified it. Responding with love trolling? Genius!
>>
>>135854139

What are parables ?
>>
>>135842245
Happy Birthday anon.
>>
>>135835095

'Murica, the country with 90 religions.
Join Scientology burger, But what's wrong with the new version of the old testament you call Christianity ? I mean it was invented especially for you people.
>>
>>135854448
So what was jesus referring to as >torments ?
THINK !!
>>
>>135853926

Then why shun people? Seems like something as complex and deep as faith could take quite some time to develop in a person. Furthermore, it seems more a decision made by people rather than God. Isn't that more God's direct call?

If I recall correctly, Moses was cursed when he acted in God's rage without his permission. What justifies JWs in any form to be arbitrators of God's grace and wrath?
>>
>>135854139
The Story of Lazarus is METAPHORICAL. It is not literal. There was no one living after death before Jesus.

>(Colossians 1:18) .... He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that he might become the one who is first in all things;

>(Revelation 1:5) and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “The firstborn from the dead,” ...

Jesus is the firstborn from the dead. What that means is that he's the first to be resurrected and STAY ALIVE forever.

>(John 3:13) Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man.

>(Acts 2:34) Actually David did not ascend to the heavens, but he himself says, ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand,

No man has gone been resurrected, stayed alive forever, and gone to heaven before Jesus. Not even King David himself. By the time Paul quotes up there in Acts he says David is still in his grave. So it couldn't be David who ascended to heaven.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-16-18-15-28.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-16-18-15-28.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>135854448
Why would our lord and savior make up an imaginary place in a parable ?

Is there anything else you rebuke from his parables ?
>>
>>135854679

the parable is not for you

THINK

there were diffrent kind of people jesus thought , these were the people who believed in the immortal soul , jesus does not teach this immortal soul he teaches the resurrection on tha last day, like him we go in the ground and get resurrected
>>
>>135854338
That's a mistranslation. The correct translation is "a god," "the word was god/divine/godlike/"

>(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him.

The Bible teaches that there are many gods. In verse 5 above it mentions "whether in heaven" which means there are those who are called "gods" in heaven. Since there can be no false gods in heaven this leaves only one conclusion. That Jesus, the Angels, Demons and Satan are those gods.

>>John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

I want you to look at this link of over 70 Bible translations.

>http://simplebibletruths.net/70-John-1-1-Truths.htm

Besides the New World Translation, all these non-JW Bibles translate John 1:1 as "a god," "the word was divine," "the word was godlike."

Why all the "blasphemy"? Because the original Koine Greek language was like that.

This is the Koine Greek original
>kαὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος

This is the hyper-literal translation
>kai the·os′ en ho lo′gos

This is the translation
>kai(AND) the·os′(GOD) en(WAS) ho(THE) lo′gos(WORD).

What you need to understand is two things. First, Koine Greek had no lowercase words. It was all capital as seen above. Second, Koine Greek has only the definite article(the) but no indefinite articles(a/an).

So how does one tell the difference between God and god? Because God in the Greek Scriptures is always ho'theos(THE GOD) and any generic god is always theos. In John 1:1 Jehovah is translated in the same verse with Jesus as ho'theos(THE GOD) while Jesus is just theos(GOD.) The Koine Greek language is read without indefinite articles (a/an). So the correct translation is "a god."
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-11-06-11-28.png (786KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-11-06-11-28.png
786KB, 1080x1920px
>>135854816
Brother i cannot save you ..just know when we meet our lord DO NOT PUT YOUR FAITH ON your WORKS !
Believe in HIS SACRIFICE , not in how many hours you preached or how many you baptized !

You have corrupted his teaching but maybe he shows you mercy
>>
>>135855155
You should make jw general thread i think it would be good for the board you could probably even count it as service time
>>
>Always getting harassed by Jehovah's Witnesses
>One shows up the day after the election asking me if I believe in god
>Say yes since Trump won
>Haven't been visited by a single one since

Feels good.
>>
>>135855279
>jesus on a cross
Made me chuckle
>>
>>135854891

Because the guys he teached to made up the place

Sadducees Question the Resurrection

(Matthew 22:23-33; Luke 20:27-40)

>18Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
>>
Why do people get mad when I call them Paulites instead of Christians? Considering about half of the New Testament is written by Paul being an attention-whoring Jew, and Christ didn't write anything down Himself, it kind of makes since to call the religion Paulianity.
>>
>>135855557
paul just explains jesus its jesus teachings they never contradict
>>
>>135855344
I will. I'll see you this Caturday and knock on your.../pol/?

10 pm Pacific Standard Time, Los Angeles Time.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-27-16-25-31.png (831KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-27-16-25-31.png
831KB, 1080x1920px
>>135855155
Why do you rebuke the kjv?
People died in order for us to have it .
Your version was made by false prophets
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-12-20-22-48.png (454KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-12-20-22-48.png
454KB, 1080x1920px
>>135855155
You are a polytheist ..goodbye
I REBUKE IN THE NAME OF JESYS CHRIST
>>
>>135854816
>Adam and Eve failed the test to not eat the fruit from the forbidden tree.
>They were the creation of an all perfect and powerful God who knows it all.
Why did god test Adam and Eve (perfect humans) if he already knew what was going to happen. Also how the fuck can they be considered perfect by god if they fucking failed a simple test and they lacked knowledge prior to eating from the forbidden fruit.
>>
>>135855665
Because the KJV is the worst translation to date, it removes God's name over 7 thousand times with the exception of ONE verse. I has added a lot of spurious(fake verses) in it.
>>
>>135844055
Any interesting stories from your time as an elder?
>>
>>135855653
I'll be there (thanks for the reply earlier regarding porn)
>>
>>135855653
KEK you better i cant wait to see pagan tears litter the floor
>>
>>135855653
Don't. On Saturday morning, go for a walk in nature instead. Use your morning to see God (in nature) and reflect. Will do you and /pol a solid.
>>
>>135855775
>James 1:13 - When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.

>Psalm 92:15 - To tell that Jehovah is upright. [He is] my Rock, in whom there is no unrighteousness.

>Job 34:10 - Therefore, YOU men of heart, listen to me. Far be it from the [true] God to act wickedly, And the Almighty to act unjustly!

>Deuteronomy 32:4 - The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; Righteous and upright is he.

It wasn't a test. It was a sign of his sovereignty over them. It was a reminder to them that he put limits on them because he's in charge, not them. Their disobedience wasn't a failure of perfect but a WILLFUL act of rebellion and desire for own authority.

God didn't know what was going to happen because he uses his ability of foresight SELECTIVELY. That means he isn't seeing the future all the time but only when he has to. He censors himself from people's future choices to respect their free will. Same how your parents never searched your room as a kid when they could any time because everything in your room was technically their property. They chose not to search your room to respect your privacy and risk you possibly doing something illegal and immoral behind their back in it. God chose to risk censoring himself from their future choices to give them the right to choose.
>>
>>135855797
>Satan is a fallen angel
>Angels are creation of god
>God is not evil
>God is the on being who has always existed, nothing existed before god began creating the heavens and the earth.
How can evil originate out of an all good and perfect being that was created by god if god is not evil.
>>
>>135855797
Do you think you have a good shot at being part of the 144,000 ?
>>
>>135855879
Figure out what you are here to do. Porn is a distraction to keep the truth hidden. Hang with JW's, gather whatever good they have for you, but don't commit.

You'll sort the porn shit out when you have found a passion for something else. Just don't let them shanghai you into serving their goals. Keep focused on your own.

And do not marry a JW woman unless you know her really well. That church scrambles heads and makes women into shells. Long term problems are likely.

Tread carefully, and don't get too deep. Their MO is to grab you when you are vulnerable...
>>
>>135856212
How could they have know that the mere action of consuming the forbidden fruit was wrong (evil) if they lacked the knowledge of good and evil prior to consuming the forbidden fruit.
>>
>>135856527
>free will
Go gifted the angels and humans with it so we arent just robots. How can you love something if someone is forcing you it isnt real love. When satan went against god he used his FREE WILL. The free will god gave him. God didnt create satan to be evil.
>>
>>135856756

a dog does not know good from evil still he knows it is wrong to poop in your home
>>
>>135856756
God commanded them not to eat from it. If god says not to kill killing must be wrong.
>>
I grew up around JWs and frequently went to the meetings as a child. They're some of the least corruptible, most insular, least political people you'll find. Good like trying to "nationalize" them.

The thing is, JWs are pretty strict about membership. You have to study for awhile (think 1 year + ) before you can even be baptized. And once you're baptized, you're in for life and it IS your life. Your life, first off, is supposed to surround coverting other people to the faith. All your friends, family, girlfriends must be JWs. You don't involve yourself with politics at all aside from the bare minimum (paying taxes). . You don't have sex outside marriage, use foul language, smoke, or consume media where these things are shown or promoted. They are also very much against magic and mysticism. I know a JW who recently walked out on the Wonder Woman movie because they found out Wonder Woman is a deity. And things used to be even more strict. JWs used to not be allowed to go to college or play football. College is more accepted now but frowned upon.

This notion of being half in half out like you see in more mainstream Christian denominations does not exist. If you're caught breaking major rules (eg sex outside marriage) and refuse to repent (which includes refraining from the behavior in the future), you're excommunicated ("disfellowshipped"), and no JWs aside from your parents and children can associate with you until you do. It kind of sucks for people who were forced into getting baptized as children because many of them don't want to be in it when they reach adulthood but leaving it often means losing friends and becoming the black sheep of your family.

That said, this does keep them "pure." They are very good people by and large that don't cause trouble.
>>
>>135856784
>FREE WILL
Saying Satan used his free will to commit evil implies evil already existed.
>>
>>135856527
Because of free will. Because Satan became self-absorbed, narcissitic, and selfish. He thought he could also be God over Adam and Eve seeing how angels are already superior to humans. He wanted Adam and Eve for himself.

>>135856756
Because God told them. He specifically told them that if they did eat from the tree they would positively die. Before the rebellion there was only ONE sin, ONE degeneracy, ONE wrong. Eating from the tree. THAT was the knowledge of good and evil. The rest would have come down later over time.

>>135856652
I have a better chance at being one of the over 9,000 than I do that.
>>
>>135856950
Many JWs are ok with college. Community college is good so you have a means of supporting yourself. They frown upon putting your education first instead of god.
>>
>>135857059
Not really. Satan used his free will to create evil not use it.
>>
>>135857059
He's the originator. That's why Jesus called him the "father of the lie." That was his first true evil act and THE first true evil act in all existence.
>>
>>135856946
>If god says not to kill killing must be wrong.
God gave the ten commandments to Moses and his "chosen" who already had the knowledge of good and evil.
Adam and Eve had no KNOWLEDGE of good and evil yet they were perfect beings.
>>
>>135857263
*he did use the evil he created
>>
File: 1500821516553.png (308KB, 475x395px) Image search: [Google]
1500821516553.png
308KB, 475x395px
>>135835095
To expand on what i previously said, i genuinely do think JW's are one of the most important Redpills. The problem is that many people seem to think redpills are easy to swallow.

It is more easily comparable to the movie which inspired the word: The Matrix. Everyone has a choice between a Blue Pill and a Red Pill:

Taking the Blue Pill means that you would rather experience the world in a way that you desire, unbeknownst of everything. In your own little bubble. It sounds tempting, doesn't it?

Meanwhile, the Red Pill shows you only the truth, regardless of how uncomfortable it may make you. A truth that shows the horrors of the world, and one that shows just how much must be made to change it and just how much effort that will take from you.

Me? I am Cypher. I was aware of the truth and quickly regretted it. It would be easier for me to pull the plug, take the Blue Pill and enjoy the Steak in my miraculous world. That being said, unlike Cypher, i would not hinder those who are redpilled, for they clearly have way more willpower than i do.
>>
>>135857301
How are you sure they didnt? They were perfect human beings something we as imperfect humans cant fathom.
>>
>>135857132
They are now, provided you're going into it for specific, tangible skills that you can use directly in the workforce. They emphasize trade skills, which is why CC is generally okay. But with university, JWs are well aware that many people go in and come out with a completely different way of looking at religion. It does not just take away time from the faith it forces you to think critically about it. They don't like that and don't encourage university. A university degree has become more necessary to be competitive in the workforce so they're more accepting of it than they used to, but there was a point where if you were an JW you were only supposed to be concerned with getting your high school diploma.
>>
File: 1344397143500.jpg (9KB, 183x200px) Image search: [Google]
1344397143500.jpg
9KB, 183x200px
>>135857394
Great picture. Don't mind if I save.
>>
>>135857438
>They were perfect human beings
Who failed a simple fucking test of not eating a god dammed fruit. If some one told you don't eat a certain fruit because it's poisonous you probably wouldn't because you know consuming it would mean self harm (evil). You already poses the knowledge of good and evil Adam and Eve didn't.
>>
>>135857953
They possessed the knowledge of survival. If not going to shoot myself because it will kill me. They knew if they ate from the tree the would be banished from eden and stripped of their perfection. No perfection means inevitable death.
>>
>>135848025
There's actually more women than men, significantly so. I went to one of their conventions last year and they announced the new baptisms and it was like 2 to 1 female to male ratio. Like other religions here in America, a lot of women join or stay with the intention of finding a husband and being a part of a community.
>>
>>135857953
Satan manifested himself as a snake to trick them into eating the fruit. Im sure if a fucking snake started telling you stuff you be intrigued
>>
>>135857288
Free will:
>Obeying God=Good.
>Disobeying God=Evil.
You are making no sense.
>>
>>135857438
>>135857953
Biblical perfection simply amounts to "Free from Sin".

It wasn't some mystical magic shit that makes you a White version of Jakub. They were perfectly clean slates never exposed to Sin or anything evil. An accurate analogy would be saying they were like a Collectible Figure. It's only worth money if it's in impecable condition. If you open it, drop it in your soup, use it as a dildo and throw it into a fire, you'll definitely not be able to sell it for much.

Perfection is cleanliness.
>>
>>135858460
So you be saying God is capable of committing Evil?
>>
>>135857118
>I have a better chance at being one of the over 9,000 than I do that.

:(
>>
>>135858164
>They possessed the knowledge of survival
Apparently they didn't because they became mortal and are no more.
>>
>>135855155
"in a beginning" would also be a more accurate translation or "in Beginning" like a title of a story and i'm not alluding to aleister btw. this is just my opinion tho.
>>
>>135858828
true or not it's still a story.
>>
>>135858564
Therein lies the OMNIPOTENT paradox:

If God can't be evil, is he really omnipotent?

I personally think that he CAN do evil, but won't. The only evil thing to do in the garden of Eden was to mock God's Sovereignty, which is coincidentally exactly what Adam & Eve did. Admittedly it was under the influence of an outcast angel, but the choice fell on them.
>>
>>135858332
>Free will: The right to choose
>Morality: Good/evil, benefits/consequences, vindication/punishment,

You're confusing free will with morality.
>>
>>135857118
Have you ever thought the eden story is an allegory written after the fact?

When I was JW I spent hours thinking about the eden account. He's where I am with that now:

Humans were grooving away taking care of the living library that is earth. A posse of bad angels (I now think ET's) came down and fucked the women, giving them sex before humans were ready for it developmentally (humans were clones, so did not reproduce naturally initially). This is why birth pangs became a thing.

Instead of focusing on the virtues of an examined, godly life, humans became seekers of pleasure; and sex, instead of the spiritual bonding experience it was meant to be, became a weapon, because it was learned before humans were spiritually ready for it.

This is why, I believe, it is called the original sin. The sin was sex devoid of it's critical spiritual component.

Just throwing this out for your consideration, it makes sense to me on a lot of levels. The JW concept of bearing witness to God's sovereignty ties in here IMO, but stated simply as service to self vs. Service to others. What are we on that continuum?

So, the writers of the pentateuch had to tell the story in a way that didn't get the listeners all excited about sexy times, so wrote it as they did.

I'm not sold on this yet, but it's been fun to open my mind to this concept, a concept I would not have been able to entertain as a JW. I send it your way as an alternative idea that I learned here on /pol, that explains a few things to me more satisfyingly than the standard JW dogma did, and that you may find interesting to ponder also.
>>
>>135858983
God is the source of all that is good. Evil is just the ABSENCE of good same as how "cold" is just the absence of heat and not an actual element. Therefore, God cannot be evil because he cannot be absent of himself nor not exist.
>>
>>135859062
>Free will: The right to choose
To obey or disobey god.
>Tomato Tomatoe
>>
>>135859312
>Evil is just the ABSENCE of good
Just as Good is the ABSENCE of Evil
>How can something so Evil (Satan) originate from something so Good (God).
>>
>>135858332
The point is that when God tells you something, it's because he knows how everything works and what's best for you. I don't know if you have any children, but if you tell them:

>Don't put your hands in the working blender

You are not being a strict, control-freak asshole. You are telling your kids that doing so will be bad for them. Not doing what God intends us to do will inevitably lead to something bad.

Just look at the past 5000 years. We are a godless people and we're just realizing how fucked we are, with only a few handful of people actually trying hard to fix the world while everyone else goes against them. People say "Everything is Good!". It's the equivalent of a doctor finding out you have treatable cancer, but not telling you because it "would make you feel bad". Doing that repeatedly is what bred evolved diseases; Doing that repeatedly is what bred idealistic and flawed economic and political structuresthat many people still condone today because they are blind to history.

People say we can live without God. If we can fix ourselves and build a Utopia, then it will prove to be true. But we've had thousands of years and people still shit it all up.

If God takes the reigns in the future, once people ask him: "Why are you so strict and controlling?" he will only have to show them life as it was without him to make them realize the purpose.
>>
>>135859842
>>135859842
>Just as Good is the ABSENCE of Evil

No, that's impossible. Like I said, heat is the only constant, there is no such thing as an opposite called "cold." Cold is just the absence of heat. It is not an actual element. Same as calling "dry" an actual thing from "wet." Wet means liquid is on something but saying "dry" is on something is meaningless. "Dry," "cold," and "dark" are just the absence of things.

God is the source of all good so for their to be evil it must be absent of God. God cannot be evil because he cannot be absent of himself. That's an oxymoron like saying a cold fire or a dark light.

Evil from good is also an oxymoron.

Satan WILLFULLY chose to empty himself of all that was good and all that was of God. He was the was the first living moral black hole.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.