[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arthur Schopenhauer

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Schopenhauer.jpg (14KB, 300x358px) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
14KB, 300x358px
Greatest fucking philosopher of all time!
>>
>>135815584
Bumping a worthy thread
>>
>>135815584
Just because you like him doesn't make him the greatest. He was very interesting, and very far from the greatest.
>>
File: Philipp_Mainlaender.png (62KB, 237x302px) Image search: [Google]
Philipp_Mainlaender.png
62KB, 237x302px
>>135815584
>appreciates life is a negative
>doesn't immediately kill himself after his earthly works are finished

there's a reason pic related's work doesn't get translated. We don't have enough morgues
>>
How to debate like a scumbag made easy.
>>
How can a philosopher be great when they've never changed anything?
>>
>>135817972
Who's the greatest then ?
>>
File: Karl_Marx.jpg (980KB, 1280x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Marx.jpg
980KB, 1280x1500px
>>135819415
>what did you say
>>
File: sho-nuff.jpg (248KB, 832x463px) Image search: [Google]
sho-nuff.jpg
248KB, 832x463px
>>135821871
>>
His quotes about women and Jews never go out of style.
>>
>>135821871
Plato, Aristotle or Kant most likely. Hegel and Descartes possibly.
>>
Anon is my favourite philosopher
>>
>>135815584
Maybe if you're mentally retarded yes, He probably would've supported muslim migrants flooding into Europe has he hated everything traditionalist that came from European countries. He was the bluest of bluepills who still convinces whites with his autistic beliefs on how you shouldn't have children because of muh suffering unless you're brown.
>>
>>135824124
Plato, definitely. No one quite tried to encircle a universal philosophical theory like him, and no one got quite as far in their schools as he did.
Aristotle come close second, and I give Aquinas a tied third place with Augustine, though.
>>
>>135818807
holy shit, how have I never heard of this dude
>>
>>135824124
>Plato, Aristotle
based, literally my teen crush
>Kant
>Hegel
huge part of their ideas were proven to be wrong by relativity, quantum mechanics, sociology, etc. Still didn't read them though, I know they were brilliant guys. Can't wait
>Descartes
Love the books, hate the guy. He's a thieving, petty, jealous cunt. Stole most of his works, and hated on other scientists more based than him because he was a sorry cuck.
>>
>>135817972

No way. Schopenhauer is top 3 tier. He is definitively the best or one of the best. I grant him the best at analysis at life, reality and writing down the immediate consequences of the truths he discovered.

Socrates was equally grand.

Schopenhauer is GOD tier.
>>
>>135825375
>huge part of their ideas were proven to be wrong by relativity, quantum mechanics, sociology, etc.
This is part of why they're great. So many of their theories were proven wrong by modern science, so the ones that haven't being extremely influential still is a measure. But I have to nitpick you here, its not really possible to prove someone wrong by "sociology", its half bunk. Also greatness shouldn't be defined by like or dislike of any kind.

>>135826035
Schopenhauer's influence is nearly nill compared to the four I listed.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.