[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faggots, I need some historical connecting of dots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: AS.jpg (234KB, 691x465px)
AS.jpg
234KB, 691x465px
The anthem for the Kingdom of Prussia (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ykTjNI98RU) is God Save the Queen. Why would the Germans make it a carbon copy?

Granted, there are many similarities between the British and the Germans (hence Anglo-Saxon) but this just struck me as odd...having the same anthem in a different language.
>>
GLOBAL

ISM
>>
File: IMG_0256.jpg (157KB, 1374x1670px)
IMG_0256.jpg
157KB, 1374x1670px
They were lazy and didn't want to make their own. Also, our anthem is one of the best so it makes sense others would want to copy it
>>
>>135755511
They were about to (attempt) to take over the world...TWICE, in the next 60-years. I don't think it's about them being lazy.

But yes, God Save the Queen is a great anthem.
>>
>>135755366
The lyrics are not the same (I think), and other countries used the same melody (Liechtenstein is one), so it's not unique to just Germany or Britain
>>
>>135755747
You're right, the lyrics are not the same & yes, Liechtenstein's anthem is also the same. I am just bewildered as to why they would make them the same.

I know around this time in history, the British and Germans were thought to be the superior races a la Charles Darwin's theory on race which was widely popularised during the mid to late 1800s. I wonder if it was an attempt to meld the two societies. Again.
>>
>>135755994
This is an answer that makes a lot of sense. The high families in both societies interbred and I believe the richest family in the world at that time (or one of them) were the Darwins and they only bred with one another. So this makes sense.
>>
File: filters.png (58KB, 649x351px) Image search: [Google]
filters.png
58KB, 649x351px
My new FireFox filters already putting in work
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.