[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legalize Organ Sales

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: human_liver.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
human_liver.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
Spreading the idea that organ sales should be legal may the most important thing you do in your life.

I am currently spreading the benefits of organ sales hoping this debate will reach government levels where more countries will consider legalizing some form of organ sales.

I'll start with a most agreeable example: People planning suicide. In countries where medically assisted suicide is legal allowing a person considering suicide to sell their organs could not only save the lives of the people who need the organs, but the life of the person considering suicide as well. Life becomes a little bit more appealing when a person suddenly has tens of thousands of dollars they didn't have before.

This provides a clear and undeniable argument that some people would benefit from selling organs. The benefits for people receiving organs are so obvious I don't need to make an argument for it. Arguments can be made for other the benefits of other people in society selling their organs as well, welfare recipients, petty criminals, and anyone who wants to sell an organ, to name a few. At this point those arguments are not a high priority. Those arguments can be made after the most basic forms of organ sales are legalized. However they might be useful in engaging people in the discussion and bringing more attention to it.

Two countries, Australia and Singapore, have already legalized financial compensation for organs in some way. This idea is not completely outlandish or totally unattainable.

When considering this it is important to focus on the best case scenario, because only best case scenarios need to be legalized.

I would encourage you to continue the discussion in this thread, and spread the ideas other places as well.

Further reading:

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/organs-sale/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_trade#Arguments_for_legalization

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.