[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the 90s, political pundits moaned about it being an era of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: pli02843.jpg (192KB, 1024x1354px) Image search: [Google]
pli02843.jpg
192KB, 1024x1354px
In the 90s, political pundits moaned about it being an era of oppressive political correctness. They sincerely believed that it "couldn't get worse" and that they were on the front lines of a "return to normalcy."
Let me remind you that in the 90s, we were debating why calling Asians "Chinamen" or "Gooks" was racist, finally eliminating the continued use of the phrase "negro" from certain holdout regions, such as the deep south, and debating whether homosexuals should be actively persecuted in the military, or simply tolerated, as long as they NEVER speak about their lifestyle, while a large plurality of Americans at the time believed homosexuality was inherently immoral, let alone being transgender.
My questions are, then,
>What the fuck happened between then and now, to make the "progressive" opinion in the 90s literally be worthy of being called "far-right" today, to many of today's "progressives?" If that continues, will progressives in 20 years also call this period "far-right?" When do the wheels of the progressive train stop? When do they say, "we've made progress, we have the bedrock of a fair society, now let's cultivate it; AKA, the transition to conservatism?
>>
>>135695283
Sad to think of how good it was in the 90s.

When does it stop? When there's nothing left of white European culture to destroy, and history as it used to be isn't even criticized, but forgotten. When textbooks tell of an old, evil race of humans that oppressed the entire world and stole its inventions and were destroyed by the Good, Progressive people that rose up in every country to demolish evil things like morality and order. The only glimmer of hope is that society will probably collapse before it gets to the literal analog of 1984/BNW.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.