[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone recommend a good book on the history of Ukraine?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4089.jpg (103KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4089.jpg
103KB, 800x558px
Can someone recommend a good book on the history of Ukraine?

I hate Russians and think they are scum. Reserving judgement on their greasy neighbors to the West.
>>
>>135691194
Start with Talmud.
>>
>>135691194
>Ukraine
>History
kek
They are a made up buffer zone country with no history prior to WW1.
Used to be inhabited by muslim cossacks who would raid neighbouring kingdoms, burn down villages, put men on pikes and rape the women and kids.
Currently it's inhabited mostly by a mix of the descendants of subjects of the kingdom of Poland, and various Russians.
>>
>>135691194
History of ukraine is history of russia. If you mean modern ukraine, think of it like this: imagine that due to sheer size of the US, some regions develop their own distinct features, their own accent and pride to their own region. Then US economy crashes and some foreign power bullies the US to balkanize and turn said region into a new country. Leaders of this new country like their position of power and use media and other lapdogs to change history and create a myth that this country actually alwaye was distinct entity under occupation of evil american eagle
>>
>>135691194
ukraine has no history, it was always a part of other countries and only emerged as its own state in 1991
originally it was just a steppe populated by turkic people, who intermarried with slav colonizers and became known as cossacks.
>>
File: shelter.png (234KB, 1168x1570px) Image search: [Google]
shelter.png
234KB, 1168x1570px
>>135691194
The Truth About Chernobyl: Medvedev
Execution by Hunger: Dolot
>>135692114
>>135692334
>>135693791
>>135694524
faggots
>>
File: 10037.png (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
10037.png
4KB, 200x200px
>all these anti-ukraine r*ssiya shills
>>
>I hate Russians
>but I want to like a poorer, dumber version of them
>>
>>135691194
What I wanna know is how come Ukrainians are always the ones making the cool ass Russian video games like Metro and STALKER and Cryostasis and Russians themselves aint on shit
>>
File: maxpar.png (25KB, 444x434px) Image search: [Google]
maxpar.png
25KB, 444x434px
'
>>
File: 2801748765.jpg (25KB, 609x343px) Image search: [Google]
2801748765.jpg
25KB, 609x343px
>>135696779
Is holodomor still real in your mind?
>>
>>135692334
Poland is the Ireland of Germany, Russia, Austria, and Sweden.

Polish history... Oh, so sad. So much suffering. Oh, pitiful Polish boy, let me gently pat your head in genuine sympathy. Oh, fate has been cruel to you, dear dear Poland. Oh, my dear Poland, may you find solace in friendship with your brothers in Ireland, oh ye countries that suffered so much pain, so much cruelty, so much domination at the hands of your more powerful neighbors. Alas, Poland, may thy future be bright, may it be hopeful, may it be free of foreign control and influence. Dear dear Poland, take pride in being the continental equivalent of Ireland. Do not feel shame in this comparison, for the Irish are a hardy race of survivors, and those who survive will triumph in the end. Oh dear, dear Poland, all that you suffered for centuries... So sad. So terrible. I weep for your past, my dear little Poland. My tears are for you, Poland.
>>
>>135691194
As someone with Russian ancsetry FUCK YOU RACIST FUCK! I am so proud of my slavic roots and you call me SCUM!
>>
>>135692334
Poland has no history.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.