[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are separatist movements usually left aligned?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ls95w1a0AN1r14tg7o1_500.jpg (137KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ls95w1a0AN1r14tg7o1_500.jpg
137KB, 500x375px
The IRA, ETA, catalonian movements, Kurdistan, etc.
>>
because conservatism is about preserving the status-quo, you fucking idiot hue.
>>
>>135664136
The left has a revolutionary history, with the french revolution being an example of the positive effects of this, and the russian revolution being an example of a pretty shit effect, the right aligns itself with tradition, so if a country has been under another country they like (like ulster under GB) they're more likely to want to hold onto their heritage as part of that state.

And really it depends on the country that has the other one underneath it, in yugoslavia for example, right wing seprataism was the norm under the communist government, while in GB, NI sepratism is mostly leftwing due to the dominance of the conservative party.
>>
>>135664311
Let's pretend I'm an irish conservative before the arrival of british troops in Ireland. If I'm against that invasion I'm a leftist? You're the stupid guy here.
>>
>>135664590
Thank you for the elaborate answer
>>
>>135664751
Well, in order not to split the vote between left/right unionism and left/right republicanism, both parties were pushed into an ideology, due to the dominance of the conservatives on the mainland, it would only make sense that the unionists would align with the right, pushing republicans to the left.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.