[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Federal judge finds Joe Arpaio guilty on 3 counts of criminal contempt

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

He will be sentenced on October 5th, at 10 am local time.

Many experts say that he'll probably serve no time, but will pay a fine and have a mug shot taken, etc. Arpaio is 85 years old.
>>
>>135660193
Source. Fuck that judge.
>>
What's the story on this? I know I could google it, but I'm bumping your thread.
>>
>>135660193
>>135660306
>>135660433
The ruling comes from Judge Susan Bolton.

http://ktar.com/story/1678494/judge-finds-former-maricopa-county-sheriff-joe-arpaio-guilty-contempt/

>PHOENIX — A federal judge ruled Monday that former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was guilty of criminal contempt of court.

>U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton said Arpaio was guilty of misdemeanor contempt after prolonging his controversial immigration sweeps for 17 months after being directed to stop them by a different judge.

>The lawman had acknowledged extending the patrols, but insisted his disobedience was unintentional. He blamed one of his lawyers for not properly explaining the injunction to him.

>Arpaio was scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 5. He could face up to six months in jail, but most legal experts don’t believe that will be the case.

>The decision around Arpaio’s contempt charge was a longtime in the making. The case was delayed several times and the Supreme Court rejected a request to issue a hold. A request for a trial by jury was also denied.

>A bid to have U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions testify was also rejected.

>Prosecutors were against having Sessions testify. They said the subpoena was an attempt to divert attention from key issues in the case.

>A judge quashed the subpoena of Sessions because “his testimony is neither relevant nor meets the demanding standard required to compel the testimony of a high-ranking official.”

>Arpaio’s two-decadeslong tenure as the head of the sheriff’s office came to an end in November, when he was defeated by Paul Penzone in the general election.

>The Associated Press contributed to this report.
>>
>>135660433
Basicly people were stealing underwear when they left jail so Joe had all the underwear turned pink so less people would steal them.

Then an obama appointed judge said saving money on underwear means you hate niggers.
>>
>>135661094
>Susan
We need Islam yesterday
>>
>>135660193
20 bucks says Trump pardons him. He loves ol Joe and it will piss off libs.
>>
>>135660193
What if... John McCain croaks and this guy is appointed to take his spot? I can dream right?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.