[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can India and Pakistan export Doctors to the USA, UK, Australia,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (265KB, 602x402px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
265KB, 602x402px
You probably noticed your doctor was Indian, and your other doctor was Indian, and the chief of medicine was Indian. You probably don't think about it ever again once you leave the hospital or doctors office. But then you discover that it's this way in other countries, and by that, other western countries.

And then you ask why? Well as usual, money. The pay is much better in the west. It's probably a better quality of life for most immigrant doctors.

But why doesn't the west have enough doctors? Doctor shortage is usually what's told to all of us. Do we not have enough people who want to get paid over $200,000 a year to diagnose the flu?

I think there's a line ten miles long of native British, American, Australian and Canadians who would love those jobs.

My assumption is the barrier for entry into medicine in shithole countries is far far less than in the west. That barrier precludes all but the richest students and those with scholarships.

UK stat:

>In December, some 97,910 doctors registered with the GMC received their primary medical qualification outside UK organisations – 37% of the total. Among the foreign doctors, 29,010 had qualified in European countries. The top five overseas suppliers of doctors to the UK are India (25,005 doctors), Pakistan (9,770), South Africa (5,282), Nigeria (4,169) and Ireland (4,046).
>>
>>135623259
I've met a lot of doctors who are Indian/Paki but I've never met one who wasn't educated here. Do you guys actually have doctors who did their education in India getting licensed to practice medicine on a regular basis?
>>
>>135623393
I know of a couple of indian doctors who were educated overseas but had to resit all their exams when they came here to practice
>>
>>135623393
>By 1960, between 30% and 40% of all NHS junior doctors were from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka

Last year, experts from University College London and Cambridge highlighted what they called a “performance gap” between overseas-trained doctors and those who had attended British medical schools, and suggested that the pass mark for the PLAB exam should be raised from 63% to 76%.

The researchers found that those who’d trained overseas did much less well in entrance exams for professional bodies like the royal colleges of physicians and GPs, and that their subsequent career progression was not as good.

In 2012, GMC figures showed that over the past five years, 63% of the 669 doctors who were struck off or suspended had been trained overseas, despite making up a much smaller percentage of the total number of doctors.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.