[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 220px-Schopenhauer.jpg (10KB, 220x263px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Schopenhauer.jpg
10KB, 220x263px
>Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Did Schopenhauer describe /pol/ in one sentence?
>>
literally only hegelian post modernists care about shopenhauer
>>
>>135592004
Theres some nietzscheans who like him.
But then again, if you read Nietzsche you really don't need Mr Sunshine.
>>
Idk if pride is the right word as I've never felt proud as such for work that Newton did or a lifestyle that Henry Ford contributed to. It feels more like a sense of gratitude to me and that I'd better pass it on to future generations.
>>
>>135591851
Doesn't really apply to America because it represents ideals first and foremost, not geographical, whimsical European states, which is what he was alluding to
>>
>>135592595
so americans don't belong to the american nation?
>>
File: 1486043776849.jpg (91KB, 449x532px) Image search: [Google]
1486043776849.jpg
91KB, 449x532px
>>135591851
That's a real long condescending way of saying losers take pride in nationalism when they have nothing else

But it assumes nationalism and heritage is bad because losers are attracted to it. It ignores the fact that cultural homogeneity is typically an indicator of a healthy society, and nationalism is a means to preserve that trait... so nationalism has very real benefits, even if losers are attracted to it for other reasons as well.

fuck im drunk
>>
I'm very successful. I just like feeling even more superior to subhumans.
>>
>>135592891
i'm sure you are
>>
>>135591851
>-t. dog dad
discarded
>>
File: 1459623089126.jpg (40KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
1459623089126.jpg
40KB, 500x486px
You're certainly on to something, OP.

But I prefer this explanation of patriotism:

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson, 1775

I'm an American, but for me, patriotism = pragmatism.

Yes, I will defend my country, but not because I'm proud of it. In some ways I am, and in some ways I'm ashamed.

But I do live here. So don't fuck with the USA, or you're fucking with me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.