[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legality of leaving a burglar to bleed and die?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ayndy randy.gif (198KB, 259x400px) Image search: [Google]
ayndy randy.gif
198KB, 259x400px
You catch a burglar in your property, you shoot him and he is neutralized. But looks like he's still alive. Is it legal to leave him a couple of hours to die or you have to call the police immediately after shooting him?
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>135587506
Is it a nigger?
>>
>>135587657
Nope
>>
>>135587506
You are never under any legal obligation to call the police.
>>
>>135587846
Cool so I own his corpse now?
>>
>>135587506
isnt it death by negligence and not in self defence?
>>
I would probably assume self defense simply means neutralising the threat, once he is bleeding out and incapacitated the threat is gone so leaving them to die might be a manslaughter charge.

It probably just depends on the how deep the police and coroner would dig into it after finding a dead burglar in your home.
>>
File: 1499003477745.gif (420KB, 497x287px) Image search: [Google]
1499003477745.gif
420KB, 497x287px
Couldn't you just say after shooting the intruder, that you
went into shock for 2hours and couldn't move ?
hence unable to call for help?

Then just let the intruder bleed-out
>>
>>135587506
Unload the clip all over his body, mostly the chest and act like you panicked.You'll be so high on adrenaline the 911 operator and cops will most likely believe you.
>>
>>135587506
Are you legally required to report anything about it to the police?
>>
You should stick your finger in his butt and take his temperature.
>>
>>135588076
Gonna have to surrender it to the county coroner's office.
>>
>>135587506
you're supposed to kill them then and there dummy
>>
>>135592233
ur dumb>>135592774
ur both dumb
>>
>>135587506
You went into shock so its not uncommon not to for 20 minutes especially if one of your ears started ringinging from firing the gun.
>>
>>135587506
In terms of legality I'm not sure, but as a matter of good practice I would suggest reporting it to the police. Unless you're on a ranch 100 miles from anywhere, then you just do one of the following:

>feed to pigs
>dissolve in cleaning chemical and flush him down the toilet
>put on a spike in the middle of a field as a scareburglar
>throw him in the nearest ditch and fill it in with your tractor. Dig a new ditch next to it to cover your tracks
>>
>>135587506
I'd have got him ten
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.