[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post redpills /pol/ doesn't want to take

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1500514929263.jpg (104KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500514929263.jpg
104KB, 270x400px
MALE NURSING is the BEST CAREER
>starting salary 70-90k
>flexible hours
>good benefits and pensions even from private employers
>learning extremely useful skills/knowledge for raising a family
>literally meet more women than you can process
>complete an associates/bachelors in like 2.5 years with no debt
>>
>>135585205
What kind of work do you actually do day to day?
>>
>>135585556
Wipe butts and change diapers/empty bedpans
Stick catheters into pee-pee holes
>>
>>135585556
This is false: >>135585647
Because this work is relegated to certified nursing assistants and other UAP who are paid $15/hr. Most of the stuff you actually do is assessment, diagnosis, medication administration, planning care/monitoring, etc.

You do have to be competent at doing things like wiping asses, but it's not really what nurses do in this day and age. Nurses are basically doing what doctors did 30 years ago. Hence the now many people who work under nurses.
>>
Nurses are gods gift to human kind, but they are greatly abused both by patients, and doctors.
It is also a highly stressful environment if you care for people. Not everybody is cut out for it, as you will see the down and dirty of humanity.
On the other side, you get to help people on a daily basis. If you really like this, becoming a full MD or even better a DO, your life is going to be significantly better over all.
>>
>>135585205
Any profession perceived as a female dominated field is a fucking field day. These jobs have been mollycoddled to hell and back, and male bosses know they need male employees because feales simply aren't as productive.
>>
>>135586505
does teaching count too?
>>
>>135586391
It's true that med school is probably better in the long run, but it's far from the only option. Nurse practitioners make 6 figures to start and you can do it in 3 years, paid by the hospital you work at. Then you're functioning as a doctor, have a doctoral degree, and the same responsibilities (depending on the state).

I prefer this option, obviously, because it doesn't involve debt. You do make more money as a doctor, but I'm perfectly fine with low six figures and no debt instead of mid six figures and student loans.
>>
>>135585205

OP wrong about /pol/

Also dint know nursing was such a good profession. but then might depend on the state. which state are you from OP?
>>
>>135586743
Yes. Most directors hold onto male teachers because they're so few.
>>
>>135586505
The only thing I've noticed females are naturally better at is not being grossed out on the job. I think they are evolutionarily predisposed to tolerate the presence of shit/smells/vomit better than men. But on the other hand, men are much better at dealing with the side of nursing that involves blood and gore and violent injury.

>>135586743
Never be a teacher.
>>
>>135585647
Not really. CNAs do that shit usually. Nursing varies considerably depending on which field of nursing you go into. The nurses I run into as a respiratory therapy student in clinicals though usually administer meds, clean wounds and what not, take blood for labs, etc. etc.
>>
>>135587122
I'm in the northeast, where frankly the cost of living is a bit outmatched by the salaries. Here's a list by state:
http://nurse.org/articles/highest-paying-states-for-registered-nurses/
Median salary is South Dakota is 54.3k, and that's the lowest in the country apparently. The median salary is Cali is apparently now $100,460. I didn't realize the media broke six figures anywhere in the country, but that's kinda blowing my mind. Unless it's that expensive to live there.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.