[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LFM: Let's Make a Facebook Killer

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: RIPFB.jpg (14KB, 380x280px) Image search: [Google]
RIPFB.jpg
14KB, 380x280px
INB4 Slide thread: If you want to know the most important political info right now, look up the slight happenings of 7/28/17. Awan arrest and passing of an amendment to a bill to investigate HRC and Obongo.

Facebook to normies is a way to share their pictures with family and talk to their friends, but in reality it is an evil data mining corporation that pushes Leftist agendas. I hate it and refuse to use it anymore, but it is difficult because it is so pervasive in our world now. Facebook needs to die.

I can imagine that some of you reading this might think it is impossible. FB is too big, too integrated. Google tried to kill it with Google+, but even one of the most powerful corporations in the world failed. How can a group of autists do what this giant failed to do?

I have an idea I think could work. It's a pretty big project that has later goals to take on other social media giants like Twitter and Youtube. Instead of storing people's data on servers we own or manage, they store it on their own device or server. This keeps startup costs very low for us, ensures that people retain ownership of their data, and reduces our legal obligation to censor copyrighted material or share information with law enforcement. If someone wants to share 1 million pictures they will have to use some sort of hosting service which we can provide through a separate company as an intermediary. For most users however, I think using their own smart phone or computer will suffice.
>>
Normies don't really give two shits about privacy so that alone won't convince them to make the switch. One thing that everyone universally likes however is money. Facebook makes billions of dollars with ad revenue. Let's put that money into the hands of our users instead! The user gets to choose which ads they want displayed if any at all. 90% of that revenue goes straight to them. The remaining 10% will go to us to provide income and cover operating costs. People will be able to share their content in 4 ways.

The first method is the most basic and is just like a profile page. People can put info on it they want to share all the time. They can “whisper” which is essentially a private message. They can simply chat via text or embed video/audio files or even share any file they want. They can “say” and whatever they want to share will be visible to all of their friends. Lastly they can “shout” and anyone will be able to view the content they want to share.

What are your guys' thoughts about this idea? Would anyone on this board be interested in developing this with me? I'm kind of a jack of all trades with limited coding abilities, graphic design talent, and business acumen. If you're interested in helping me out, shoot me an email: [email protected]
>>
>>135552235
It's a good idea but incredibly difficult to implement as people would easily find a way to abuse it.

Most people here aren't programmers. You'd have to do all the work.
>>
>>135552204
>>135552235
It's too late. social media has entered the plateau phase. it's hard for us to create a platform that can compete.

i don't use facebook either.
>>
>>135552732
How do you think people would abuse it?

>>135552814
I think that the best way to kickstart it is to get some big youtubers on board as it would be a more lucrative platform for them.
>>
Wasn't there a guy working on a secure, private, superior alternative to Facebook that committed suicide in 2009.
>>
Why not just redpill normies and get them to stop using social networks entirely?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.