[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you know they still exist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: altair.jpg (189KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
altair.jpg
189KB, 1600x1200px
Found out today that they're still kicking, albeit without the stabby bit
>>
>>135547945
elaborate op, add some more info and make this thread popular. For instance, how did you find out? What evidence do you have that supports your idea, and any information on the groups recent activities would be a pleasure to read.

Prove to us your not just some shit posting.faggot
>>
>>135547945
Can I get a quick rundown on them?
>>
>>135548295
The Nizari Ismailis are the biggest branch of Ismaili Islam. They belong to the Shi'a branch, and they're the second largest group after the Twelvers.

The 11th Ismaili Imam (religious leader, believed to be descended from Muhammad's daughter Fatima and the first Imam, Ali) founded the Fatimid dynasty in North Africa.
However, by the reign of the 18th Imam, the empire was falling apart. When the 18th Imam died, his designated succcessor, Nizar, was imprisoned by his younger brother and the corrupt vizier of the empire and killed. Nizar's son was smuggled away by loyalists who had extended the reach of the Fatimid missionary network to Syria and Iran. There, they founded a Nizari state in defiance of the Fatimids, who they believed were no longer true Ismailis because they followed a false Imam. The Ismailis created the Assassins as a self defence force because they didn't have the armies to compete with the nearby Seljuk turkish states. As a result, they infiltrated Turkish courts and threatened to assassinate leaders and officials if they were not left alone in peace. In the mountains, they were known for sponsoring research, interfaith debate, and arts and culture. However, their mountain kingdom was destroyed in the 1200s when the Mongols swept through, and the few Ismailis who escaped the massacre hid in secrecy. The Imams survived and ordered what was left of the Ismaili missionary networks to expand their conversion mission to India, where they found a successful foothold.

In the modern day, the Ismailis are a 20 million strong branch of Islam. Their main tenets of faith are prayer at 3 times a day in conjunction with the Qur'an rather than the hadith, charity, utter spiritual obedience to the current 49th Imam, gender equality, rejection of the burqa as a non-Islamic innovation, and esoteric truth. They are similar to Sufis in that they practice a more mystical form of Islam.
>>
No, I thought parkour kids really hit the wall in early 2010s
>>
File: russian parkour.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
russian parkour.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>135549640
yes, i heard it was especially popular in your country
>>
>>135549499
They still exist, but the Assassins were basically a last resort they turned to because they were surrounded by the Seljuk turks. They infiltrated the courts of their enemies and threatened assassination if they weren't left alone. Some Ismaili states in Syria became players in the Crusades, switching sides as it became convenient to stay alive in the war. They were mostly wiped out by the Mongols, but shifted their focus to India and survive now mostly as an Indian-Pakistani community with a strong presence in western countries.

They place an emphasis on education, communal integrity, volunteerism, gender equality, and strict adherence to the spiritual guidance of the Imam, the religious leader. They don't really affiliate with other Muslim sects and stay separate from them, partially because they have a long history of being persecuted by Sunnis
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.