[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets save healthcare you dumb fucks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Healthcare_money.jpg (7KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
Healthcare_money.jpg
7KB, 318x159px
Since R's and D's don't give a shit anymore, lets come up with a plan /pol/

Here's my contribution to get started:
> Jobs that offer insurance as a benefit get split. New "Acute and Accidental" insurance + FHA. FHA is account that tax free contribution goes towards that you use as money towards care. "AA" Insurance is only for emergencies, life-threatening immediate care and stuff not under normal chronic care
>Hospitals have to post care costs and compete. People pay them directly and have the ability to buy auxiliary services elsewhere (Xray, MRI).
>Medicare and Medicaid get dramatically reduced, States fund low income care via current welfare and are discounted. People who are poor and need major care are funded via a "Hospital FSA" for qualified people. Essentially, the Hospital gets tax incentives to keep a pool of money to pay for procedures where its deemed the person couldn't pay or will skip out.
>At the end of the year, people or businesses with FHA can withdrawal money as taxable income for whatever they deem necessary. Also allow people to "match" if they have families who need more care or they have certain illnesses or chronic care
>>
>>135542139
Just do the same as the UK, problem solved
>>
Have it so Doctors don't bill you. They bill the government.
>>
>>135542139

>Jobs that offer insurance

Making this go away on its own would solve 80% of the problem.

End the tax credit to businesses for benefit packages. In fact, stop taxing businesses altogether.
>>
Few more points:
>People can roll over FHA year to year. They can also move to another tax-free program, such as to fund college
>Drugs would be covered and be able to purchase from any major retailer with a prescription
>Hospitals are in complete control of costs, and since they compete the natural effect of this is lower costs and finding ways to reduce waste
>People are more keen to get care they actually need rather than care they want, lowering the amount of demand
>Cutting Medicare/Medicaid in half means we'd have a surplus not a deficit and can use that money to reduce debt or fund other things.
>>
>>135542365
Effectively this is to get the ball rolling. Since businesses already do this it wouldn't be a shock to them. It would be treated like 401k in a regard. Or the person could just be given the money and so long as its A. put into FHA or B. used to buy insurance it can be tax free. Either or, same difference in the end.
>>
>>135542181
No, we want care thats good not a meme. Sorry.
>>
>>135542307
No because then you get misuse. This has to be something people pay for, otherwise you get a bunch of assholes abusing the system.

If you show people in dollars how much care is, they'll be less apt to waste it. Government-funded anything is always abused.
>>
>>135542667
Healthcare here is fine though, never had a problem in my life
>>
>>135542917
Socialized medicine will never happen here. It's focuses on too much and is more wasteful. IT also puts a precedent on universal care rather than good care. There is nothing motivating hospitals to provide quality care.

Also, you may not have issues but I know a ton of people who have been put on waiting lists, or just been refused care. Under the system I provide there's a way to fund whatever care you want. If you want an elective surgery, and either have FHA or real dollars you can do it, not questions asked but you have to pay it.
>>
>>135543511
>There is nothing motivating hospitals to provide quality care.

Except a paycheck, could say the same with any job
>>
>>135543675
I'd agree with you, but being someone who has experience VA care here in the states my mind is already made up. VA employees earn more than their counterparts in the private care and are, overall, shittier in every way.
>>
>>135543675

>government employees lose their paycheck if they do a bad job

You're cute.
>>
>>135544117
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/feb/06/nhs-nurse-killed-himself-after-losing-his-job-inquest-told
>>
>>135544313
Always archive it
https://archive.is/NYbRm
>>
File: 1499355649871.png (251KB, 381x354px) Image search: [Google]
1499355649871.png
251KB, 381x354px
>>135544361
without fail
>>
>>135544560
Scandinavianigger FTW
>>
>>135542139

My plan has a few similarities to yours.
>Require all hospitals/clinics/etc post costs per code. Also require them to provide the median codes used for any procedure & amounts for any surgery. (Maybe 60 percentile rather than median)
>Require insurance companies to pay those costs, and prohibit any contract with hospitals that reduces those payments. (Insurance companies need to pay the same cost for service as private pay).
>Require the insurance companies to look at the total cost they would cover for all codes used, and not base coverage for each individual code. (ie. If you have 2 codes in one procedure that Insurance will cover for $50 each, and the hospital bills one at $90 and the other at $10; the insurance company sees that the total bill is $100 which is covered, rather than covering the $10 and only covering $50 of the $90.)
>Allow Health Savings Accounts for all individuals, not just those with HDHP.

There should be something about preventative measures, but I don't know the handwaiving involved.
>>
>>135545674
Problem is we view everything as insurance-centric, but I think that's more a problem than a solution. Let me give you a scenario:

> Instead of your employer paying $1000/ month just for all inclusive insurance, $700 goes towards health account tax free, other $300 goes to AA insurance (since it covers less it costs less). You save $8400 a year in an Account that's under your discretion
>Doctors have posted costs. Let's say a checkup is $50. You go to the ER, that's covered under AA if it's considered life threatening or a true emergency (with deductible let's say that's $500)
>You spend another $2100 over the course of year for drugs, other care or health things
>In total you pay $2650, so $5750. If you want it in your account you pay income tax on it, if you don't, you can save it for next year.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.