[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hated it when I was growing up, but now I thank my parents

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0024.jpg (191KB, 893x893px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024.jpg
191KB, 893x893px
I hated it when I was growing up, but now I thank my parents for every bit of knowledge they instilled in me. Here's a basic rundown of my upbringing:
> born 1999 (nb4 newfag)
> libertarian right parents
> below poverty line through most of life
> dropped out of HS and homeschooled 2015-17
> literally everybody in my family is blue collar, mostly diesel mechanics
Spring 2017 I picked up two jobs- a janitor at the local hospital and a telemarketer.
> both are part time and total to ~105 bucks a day
> working on an online college degree so I can get a decent desk job
My parents always told me that I'd have to work my ass off if I want to make decent cash in the long run. The main question is were they right?
> tl;dr
I work two part time jobs and I'm doing online college on the side.
> am I fucked in the long run or nah
>>
Depends on your ratio of surplus after your expenditure and what you choose to do with your surplus. If you correctly choose to place your surplus into things where it can grow then you will certainly do well in life especially as time passes and you begin to be able to compound on your profits. On the flip side if you choose not to keep a surplus (spend on shit) then you will likely remain where you are your whole life. Regardless keep working hard and I am sure you will get there eventually.
>>
>>135538763
Get your A+ and get some entry IT job. They will pay you for college and you'll probably get $15 off the bat. When your're 24-25 you can pull $60k+ with 5 years in IT.

Stick to it. Certs are best bang for your buck at your age.
>>
>>135539284
I save every cent I can, with the exception of alcohol money (I know a guy)
>>
>>135539391
I'm kinda aiming for a job at Stream Energy in Dallas in the future. I've got connections to them.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.