[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War Trophies Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Does you family have any war trophies /pol/?

We have this old yankee skull my great great grandfather acquired during the war of 1812. I use it for storing matchbooks and candy. Sometimes I put my keys inside.
>>
>>135520761
Mainly stories. Some maps

I might learn more now that I am executor, but I think the various pictures and stuff were lost long ago among the family.
>>
>>135520761
my dead grandad had one of those suicide knives the nips used in ww2
>>
>>135521035
>>135521668
cool, yea it was customary for old soldiers to horde medals and weapons.

I was just trollin in op, but my grandpa brought back a katana from korea.
>>
>>135521978
>katana from korea.
That's pretty damn cool.

I don't know if I'll find or get anything from the one granddad who got deployed back overseas. But the other at least saw the flash of light from the trinity test.
>>
>>135522925
Make sure you get his medals and stuff. I see a ton of them at pawnshops and shit. Makes me sick.
>>
>>135523270
All of that is going out to whatever family wants it. My only role is to dole it out as appropriate.

I have all I need in my memory and some old US money before they took us over through the banks.
>>
>>135520761
Granpa's old SS uniform was destroyed by my father, when they made a clean-up of his attic 5 years ago.

Found his old Luger (broken, but looks cool).
Thinking about selling it for a few thousand bucks, since collectors pay a fuckton for these.
>>
>>135524079
>Thinking about selling it for a few thousand bucks, since collectors pay a fuckton for these.
Nah mate. That's irreplaceable history. Do you need some extra thousands of bucks?

Let it down to the next generation. They can ask themselves what it's worth.
>>
>>135524350
Don't really need it. But sure, why not.
>>
>>135524802
Hold on to it. My last grandpa is almost 100 and last Christmas he let out some things he'd been hiding all his life because he knows he's getting close to death's door.

I don't think the family felt so close since I was a child.
>>
I have my great uncle's Nazi sniper rifle—swastika stamp and all. He was army and my grandfather (his brother) was army air corps and flew b-17s, including the Dresden and Bremen raids.
My former biz partner's mother was from Dresden and his father was a German pow in the states and they were great people and held no ill will towards the US.
>>
>>135520761
rude
>>
I collect WWII artifacts, medals, uniforms, paper, field gear. Ha everything from western union telegrams informing family of the death of their relative and medals of same soldier to shoe polish. It always amazes me that some family members want no part of these things.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.