[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons the future is fucked. What policies can be put in place

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 14

File: images (3).jpg (18KB, 310x162px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
18KB, 310x162px
Anons the future is fucked.

What policies can be put in place to prevent unemployment rising, due the the robotization of society?

Your job will sooner or later be deemed worthless. A robot will replace you anon, depending on your job of course. Examples are,
>retail is already being replaced by obviously self check outs
>fast food is starting to use robots to take your order, sooner or later robots will make your food
>mechanics will be replaced by skilled robots
>cars will be self driving, no need for a taxi driver
>a robot will take your farming jobs
There are a lot of examples that I could think of, so anon what are you going to do when pic related steals your job?
>>
>>135493868
>implying I have a job
>>
>>135493868
You forgot the most obvious ones, Lawyers and accountants, financial planners and bankers. Those are the easiest jobs to automate.
>>
>>135493868
Jobs don't matter, they're just a means to an end, the end being survival and prosperity. If you can supply that without jobs, then jobs are obsolete. This is the basic doctrine of a post-scarcity economy. Focusing on "creating jobs" is an outmoded way of thinking.

However, I think this type of theory probably won't become mainstream until the last vestiges of the Boomers and the Silent Generation die off and the Millennial generation takes charge, and the generations that follow agitate for change. It's sad because the people stuck in between, during the period where the economic policy lags behind the economic reality, are going to be both unemployed AND broke - which is a motivator behind the societal change we're seeing right now. Economic anxiety.
>>
>>135494008
>You forgot the most obvious ones, Lawyers and accountants, financial planners
I don't think lawyers can be replaced, but maybe paralegals. Accountants, and financial planners can easily be replaced.
>>
If all these jobs, and many others, are replaced by machines, who is going to actually buy the products and services?
Will it not eventually collapse?
>>
>>135494206
one day all law will just be computer code, maaaan
>>
>>135494343
Nah, law is still law, you need a lawyer to represent you in court, not a robot.
>>
>>135494268
>Will it not eventually collapse?
Yes, see >>135494196
>>
>>135494206
Yes and no. Trial lawyers won't be automated, but most lawyers aren't trial lawyers. Most do inane legal paperwork bullshit that will easily be automated.
>>
>>135493868
>hurr automation automation
fuck off commie, communism has never worked. it won't start working because musk says it will.
>>
File: r2dindu.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
r2dindu.gif
4MB, 640x360px
FUK DEM ROBOTS DEY EVEN TAKIN ALL THA GOOD HUSTLES N SHIT NIGGA CANT EVEN STEAL BREAH W/O SOME DOID FUKBOI TAKIN IT FIRS
>>
>>135494712
Kek, how fast do those shits go?
>>
>>135494343

Interpretation of law as thus law is necessarily the last bastion of humanity.
>>
>>135494653
>imblyign gommunism
You think all the profit from automation is going to be magically redistributed to the people? Nah, it's going straight into the pockets of the people who own the automated labor. A legal and ethical replacement for slavery, with no need to pay for things like pensions or healthcare.
we hyper-capitalist cyberpunk dystopia now
>>
>>135495133
>implying 99% of the people who go on about automation aren't communists looking to turn a few popsci magazine articles into REALL GOMMUNISM :DDDDD
>>
File: 1496603901486.jpg (56KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
1496603901486.jpg
56KB, 500x465px
>>135493868
who fixes the mechanic robots asshole?
>>
>>135493868
Those robots would last 10 seconds in the hood.
>>
>>135493868
EMP.
>>
How 'bout you stop whinging and up-skill yourself to something that is future-proof? (Difficult to replace with autonomy)
>>
>>135493868

A return to single income households
>>
Start a business you fucking dindu

>>135495311
>>135495285
I assume the first thing you can teach your kid is how to maintain your sentry
>>
>>135495225
It is true that FULLY AUTOMATED LUXURY GAY SPACE COMMUNISM is a meme, but it's just that, a meme. Automation in practice will be like industrialization, a consolidation of economic leverage in the court of those wealthy enough to own or develop the new means of production. As for people like Musk trying to peddle it to the common people - guess what, he's trying to get rich, too. He's got an alimony to pay.

If there's any room for a communist angle here, it's that the concentration of wealth in the upper class will create prime conditions for a "worker's revolution" or a "proletarian uprising" or whatever they're after these days.
>>
>>135494008

Lawyers and accountants have licensure requirements. Infinite graft.
>>
>>135493868
We should expand our public sector and military as profits increase. If there is no job for people in the private sector, put em in the military or improve the nations infrastructure.
>>
>>135493868
Transhumanism. Technologically enhance your own physical form in order to compete with robots.
>>
File: CD8baLMUsAA3mKI.jpg (26KB, 383x367px) Image search: [Google]
CD8baLMUsAA3mKI.jpg
26KB, 383x367px
>>135493868
>Anons the future is fucked
Robots cannot play instruments all they can do is copy the octave of the instrument note. Your post is now obsolete to me.
>>
>>135493868
>what will u do when there are no human fucktards spitting and shitting in your food

I will finally try eating out again
fuck you for whining about robots
>>
>>135495285

>He doesn't know about the infinitely regressing chain of omnipotent robots

Capitalists are like stupid children, they don't even think things through before asking their silly questions
>>
>>135495482
>80 million people in the US Army alone
>US Space Corps with 2 million people
>warfare occurs 24/7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biznszWdVi0
>>
>>135493868
Someone has to fix the robots.
>>
>>135495595
How is your music coming out anon?
>>135495374
Here's your (you)
>>135495285
How about the rest of the unemployed?
>>
>>135495772
Yeah, but there are too many people for that. Hell, a robot can probably fix another robot.
>>
File: Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg (139KB, 555x414px) Image search: [Google]
Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg
139KB, 555x414px
>>135494196
34. Consider the hypothetical case of a man who can have anything he wants just by wishing for it. Such a man has power, but he will develop serious psychological problems. At first he will have a lot of fun, but by and by he will become acutely bored and demoralized. Eventually he may become clinically depressed. History shows that leisured aristocracies tend to become decadent. This is not true of fighting aristocracies that have to struggle to maintain their power. But leisured, secure aristocracies that have no need to exert themselves usually become bored, hedonistic and demoralized, even though they have power. This shows that power is not enough. One must have goals toward which to exercise one’s power.

35. Everyone has goals; if nothing else, to obtain the physical necessities of life: food, water and whatever clothing and shelter are made necessary by the climate. But the leisured aristocrat obtains these things without effort. Hence his boredom and demoralization.

36. Nonattainment of important goals results in death if the goals are physical necessities, and in frustration if nonattainment of the goals is compatible with survival. Consistent failure to attain goals throughout life results in defeatism, low self-esteem or depression.

37, Thus, in order to avoid serious psychological problems, a human being needs goals whose attainment requires effort, and he must have a reasonable rate of success in attaining his goals.
>>
>>135495772
Net job loss
>>
>>135495285
Other robots with robot fixing AI
>>
>>135495695
As opposed to the infinitely regressing chain of omnipotent humans fixing other humans?
>>
>>135495285
One of the robot mechanics that isn't broken, its not like they will all break at the same time.
>>
>>135495963
Not having a job doesn't mean you don't have goals. There are, in fact, things you can do with your life that don't involve laboring in order to survive. Which still includes, by the way, taking an optional job to make extra money. Even in a post-scarcity economy people will pay other people to do things.
>>
>>135495869
Its pretty good, once I earn my masters degree I will be earning 150k after a year or experience.
>>
File: UBI.gif (180KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
UBI.gif
180KB, 1200x1200px
#BasicIncome is the only viable answer unless you wanna ban fire and the plow and writing.
>>
>>135496287
41. For many if not most people, surrogate activities are less satisfying than the pursuit of real goals (that is, goals that people would want to attain even if their need for the power process were already fulfilled). One indication of this is the fact that, in many or most cases, people who are deeply involved in surrogate activities are never satisfied, never at rest. Thus the money-maker constantly strives for more and more wealth. The scientist no sooner solves one problem than he moves on to the next. The long-distance runner drives himself to run always farther and faster. Many people who pursue surrogate activities will say that they get far more fulfillment from these activities than they do from the “mundane” business of satisfying their biological needs, but that is because in our society the effort needed to satisfy the biological needs has been reduced to triviality. More importantly, in our society people do not satisfy their biological needs AUTONOMOUSLY but by functioning as parts of an immense social machine. In contrast, people generally have a great deal of autonomy in pursuing their surrogate activities.
>>
>>135495703
If every country has a huge military and agrees not to use nukes/chemical weapons, endless war might be the best way to keep the global population from getting out of control too.
>>
>>135496738
>aliens show up thinking that they're in for an easy conquest of some primitive race that can't even handle a single world state
>the entirety of humanity turns on them at once and unleashes a pre-planned, coordinated rage bottled up over 90+ years
actually this AI stuff sounds pretty good, count me in
>>
>>135496544
I love UBI as a concept but it would never be rolled out in the real world, especially never in the US. They would run a trial somewhere, and at least one black family would take to social media crying about how they are starving after their sheboon single mother spent all the UBI money on clothes and other random bullshit leaving them nothing left for sustenance. It would be blasted all over media and everyone will call UBI a racist concept, the program would be pulled and buried forever.
>>
File: turdflingingmonkey.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
turdflingingmonkey.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>135496544
>>135497029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDkHLPanjkQ
>>
>>135497134
>The reason that Europe has a higher IQ than other countries...
Dropped
>>
>>135493868
There will be whole new industries by the time automation takes most of our current jobs. Sorry bro, your fantasy of never having to work again is just that, a fantasy
>>
>>135497315
>The reason that Europe has a higher IQ than other countries is because of the plagues
It's true though.

https://www.unz.com/jman/more-on-farming-and-inheritance-systems-part-i-iq/
>>
>>135497356
And what magical tasks will those new industries require that automation would not be able to preform?
>>
>>135494008
>>135494206
>>135494565
Lawyers can't be replaced because they have to be licensed. Half the point of the license is to keep the riff-raff from being able to do the work. If not for licensing requirements, a moderately experienced paralegal do any of the paperwork that a lawyer could do.

A robot can't join the bar, so there will always be lawyers. Automation will actually make shit easier, because you can have the robot do the work while you bill for its time.
>>
>>135497529
>Europe
>Country
>>
>>135493868
since self-replicating AI bots will handle everything, soon our masters will only bother to keep us alive for blood donation, pharmaceutical testing, genetic testing, biological weapons testing, social engineering experiments, organ donation, sex slaves, etc.
they'll label these as fun new jobs with respectable-sounding names, and they'll introduce them to us with the same whistley xylophone ukulele baby music they use in all commercials
>>
>>135497617
>being this autistic
You know what the fuck he meant.
>>
>>135494468
Mate as if you dont want AI to argue for you in court after you murder someone, the robot will get you off for sure.
Judges will also probably need to be robots as well, just so its fair
>>
>>135497606
That's the point though, the vast majority of lawyers would lose their jobs as every law firm replaces them with automation in some form or another.
>>
>>135496721
>>135495963
You're nuts, and your imagination is pathetic. The market will give you your damned wish machine, you will pay well for it, and you will write positive reviews praising it online.
>>
>>135495285
Oh, great. This mentally ill fag again. You're not going to flood the thread with images of your surgery-enhanced not-gf, are you?
>>
>>135497838
Sure, I know what he meant. However I'm not going to watch a video arguing any sort of point when the person making that point can't even properly articulate the most basic shit.
>>
Cannibalism would fix a lot of problems.
>>
>>135495133
So come up with a solution like the slavers did. Let anyone purchase these robotic slaves and have them work for you. They already have robots that can be programmed to do any menial tasks without actual real programming, instead just by showing it through example.
>>
>>135498127
His point is that they can't legally be replaced, and the people who ultimately advise those who decide the legislation, and partly decide it themselves, are human lawyers. They have a vested interest in self-preservation so they will never go away unless there is heavy pressure in the other direction. Such pressure would have to be greater than a simple cost-saving motive.
>>
>>135498151
The only way to create a post-scarcity society with a low level of psychological suffering is if we can find a way to modify the brain in some way so that we no longer need to satisfy the power process in order to feel fulfillment.
>>
>>135498354
I'm using "slave labor" as an allegory. In reality would be more like advanced manufacturing and analysis technology, stuff the average person wouldn't even have a need for, and couldn't afford anyway. I'm sure average people will be able to afford things like autonomous cars, but the real job-killers will be powerful AI developed with billions in R&D money, running on millions of dollars of hardware, rented for thousands of dollars an hour. Common people can't use that and don't need it, yet it may put many of them out of jobs.
>>
>>135498405
>low level psychological suffering
Yeah right, like you can convince me to plug my brain into a machine that bugs out and creates a mental hell for me, engaging neurons of pain and making me hallucinate with depictions of gore and sadism like on 4chan.
>>
File: ZryJ2oZ.jpg (32KB, 735x541px) Image search: [Google]
ZryJ2oZ.jpg
32KB, 735x541px
>>135498204
>ignoring any logical points he makes just because he made ONE awkwardly formed sentence
>having a stick shoved so far up your ass that you are this pedantic
>>
>>135498127
It's mostly paralegals that would be replaced.
Associates do spend a lot of time doing legal research, but they also do things like talking with clients or showing up for some of the less important proceedings in courts that the guys at the top don't want to do.
It will take awhile to make a robot that can properly do legal research, and lawyers will always be needed for meeting with clients/going to court.

Most of the simple paperwork is already done by paralegals anyway. If it's drawing up boilerplate divorce documents, those will already be prepared and the paralegals are the ones filling in the blanks there. Those are the jobs that will be replaced.
>>
>>135498558
Yet that kiddo-friendly programmable robot costs just $20,000, down from hundeds of thousands for traditional mechanized machines.
>>
>>135498699
>It will take awhile to make a robot that can properly do legal research
Don't be so sure about that, our search algorithms are advancing at a ridiculous pace right now. I don't think it will be long before an automated system will be able to vastly outperform a person here.
>>
>>135498686
Referring to Europe as a country isn't an awkwardly formed sentence, it is a massive intellectual blunder. I mean we all make mistakes, but he had every opportunity to notice and correct this flub. He didn't catch the error in scripting, he didn't catch the error while reading off the line, he didn't catch the error in editing. Which just tells me that this person will have nothing of value to say, so I cut the video off right there.
>>
>>135498700
I do think that cheap menial labor being available to the common person in the form of robotics is a step forward for whoever can afford it, but this doesn't constitute a solution to the basic problem that many forms of regular labor, jobs, are going to be made obsolete by automation.

Basically, what you're describing is the middle class having access to lower-class labor in the form of automation, which is a good thing for the middle class. But the upper class will also have access to automated middle-class AND lower-class labor. And the lower class, without substantial aid, won't be able to afford anything. That's the core problem here.
>>
>>135498854
The search functions for westlaw and lexis are cutting edge and already very robust, but you still need a licensed pair of eyeballs to go and check the results to make sure it actually applies (and says what you want it to say) before you're willing to use it in court or a brief or whatever you have planned.
It will take near-human level intelligence to be able to sort through cases reliably enough that a reasonably paranoid lawyer will trust the results without extensive double checking.
>>
>>135499104
The middle class can make money by leasing out their robots to firms. For the upper class, it beats having to constantly upgrade stock making a full purchase commitment. Also, AI can be leased out to the middle class for a low monthly fee (seeing as there'll be competition from other corps with their own AIs), which can then be used to enhance local robots or let people teach the AI to do things with their IoT homes, which makes certain corps' AIs better.
>>
>>135498854
Even if the search algorithms perform better than a human, that doesn't mean the human will be replaced. There are significant groups of people, both in legal and legislative professions, that would not tolerate computers taking over the job of a lawyer, if only because it personally threatens their job, among other more legitimate concerns. You will never get a group of lawyers to approve a program to replace themselves because humans are fundamentally self-interested. The push would have to come from the outside which would be a longer and more difficult process (and rightly so, given the importance of law in our society).
>>
>>135493868
>>retail is already being replaced by obviously self check outs
>the only time I ever used self checkout was when I had low blood sugar
>had a line of annoyed people behind me, building up
>had an employee glaring at me as he saw I wasn't actually stealing anything
>never used one again

If people stop working the register I really hope I can just have my shit delivered to my door. If I can't pay for my shit when I'm shaking and working my way towards delusional, I don't even want to do business there.
>>
>>135499038
>Referring to Europe as a country
He never even directly referred to Europe as a country. The statement "than other countries" can be referred to mean "counties within Europe" as opposed to "other countries not contained within Europe".

>Which just tells me that this person will have nothing of value to say, so I cut the video off right there.
Which just tells me that you're a pedantic faggot. You didn't even watch the fucking video.
>>
I work front desk at a hotel. My job is safe from autimation, and I can travel to any city in the world to do it
>>
>>135499619
>I work front desk at a hotel. My job is safe from autimation
How? All you do is file paperwork and answer simple questions. Half your job is already automated right now. Is there something about your job I'm missing?
>>
>>135498582
It's a choice between that, letting automation happen and dealing with the psychological consequences, or anarcho-primitivism.
>>
>>135499487
Even if there is large resistance, all it would take is one legal firm widely adopting the automated approach to render the others outmoded. Since they are able to provide the same level of service with far fewer lawyers on staff, they would be able to price the tradition firms out of the market. They would be forced to adopt automation themselves of die out. Basically the same story as any industry, once one company adopts it everyone has to.
>>
>>135499418
Also, I think that the field of robotics will explode once they figure out that developing dumb terminal robots with safety mechanics ingrained into them that can be interfaced with an AI API for controlling and manipulating the robots, limited via the local robot's safety mechanics.
>>
>>135499800
>all it would take is one legal firm widely adopting the automated approach to render the others outmoded.
Except they can't, because that would be illegal. You need certifications to do legal work, if you push that onto a machine you're breaking the law. That's my point, the law is written in such a way that it protects their job, making lawyers harder to replace than other professions.
>>
>>135493868
If jews wanna automate 100% of manual labour then they are gonna have to be forced to give everyone NEETbux
>>
>>135495595
>Robots can't make mu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA3YOFUCn4U
>>
>>135499699
I'm a technocrat that wishes to see an end to human government, with the exception of a human judge panel deciding the merits of AI. However I'm not a transhumanist because of problems with a post-scarcity environment. If others want to enter that environment, it just means more less-scarce resources for me to consume in reality. I'll also be happy with a virtual waifu made real.
>>
>>135499685
I used to work this shit as well. It's one of the first jobs which will get automated.
You are basically Q&A for annoying tourists and a data registering slave.
>>
>>135499685
Yes, running the customer service side of the hotel. There's many issues that arise that only a human would be able to take care of. It's a very simple job, but it's a human job.
>>
>>135499968
>However I'm not a transhumanist because of problems with a post-scarcity environment.
Then why not use transhumanism to adapt to said problems?
>>
>>135499922
It would not be illegal as long as you still have one licensed lawyer on staff pressing the buttons to start the process. The point is not to entirely replace every single human employee, but to get more done with just a handful of employees than you can with a huge traditional staff.
>>
>>135500094
I don't see how pointless existence can be compensated for without losing your humanity and just becoming a drone.
>>
File: zucked.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
zucked.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>135499948
>implying that isn't their plan
It will cement their aristocracy
>>
>>135500069
Hmm, I guess because I do night audit and more managment stuff that I disagree with you. Also hotels clientele varies wildly (I don't get any tourists here, it's military and truckers and construction and some prostitutes)
>>
>>135497606
Robots don't have to be licensed because they can't make mistakes. It's like making a robot with internet access take an exam about history, it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>135499948
You do understand that making people dependant on gibs is how you turn people into subhumans, right?
>>
>>135500249
>losing your humanity
Humanity is a meme.
>>
>>135500362
>Auditing
Automated systems do not need to be audited for mistakes.
>Management
Automated systems do not need managers either.

Starting to see the problem here?
>>
>>135500651
People come to hotels for rooms, they dirty the rooms, we need houskeepers to clean the rooms, the house keepers need managment. Strange issues can arise that would throw a robot off, like a toilet breaks in a room (need the mantenence guy, and a human to understand how to change the guests room)

Basically a hotel has too many moving parts to Automate. You are accomodating a person to live there, they will want/need things that a robot will not be able to comprehend. It's not just that you are selling them a room, they are going to stay there and need shit while they are there and things will go wrong.
>>
>>135499967
even a robot could detect how gay this guy is
>>
>>135493868
When robots takemu job at software development we will have bigger things to worry about than something like unemployed.
>>
>>135493868
Robots will only replace fastfood

Real chefs will Always exist
>>
>>135500362
Mate, every single job in a hotel can be done by a robot in the future and with incredible easy.
Housekeeping, bartenders and waiters, registration systems, security, bellhops/vallets. Every single one of these positions requires a dumb robot, who is programmed for the exact tasks and that's gonna get rid of like 40-60% of the jobs in most tourist focused countries go out the window.
Keep in mind in third world and developing countries and even in a lot of self proclaimed first world countries, people, working in hotels, are quite dumb and can barely even do those simple jobs.

A simple, well programmed robot, will be a worthy investment from all major tourist tycoons.
Literally 99% of current jobs can be done by advanced robots.
>>
>>135501080
I mean I guess with future magic robots with strong AI. We are nowhere to that level.
>>
>>135493868
The day that robots make a significant dent in u.s. employment is the day I accept communism as an actuall effective for of government
>>
>>135494653
When communism fails the system crumbles, when capitalism fails tax payers will pay for the bailouts for banks.
>>
>>135500925
Housekeepers are probably the easiest god damn thing in the world to automate, especially in the context of a hotel because all of the room layouts can be easily programmed in. An automated cleaning system doesn't need a manager, it would just go through the hotel in a pre-programmed route, skipping over rooms that are still occupied. In the event of it encountering a problem that it can't solve, like a busted toilet, all it would need to do is flag the room for a more dedicated machine to come solve. A plumber robot in this case, or more realistically the toilet itself could signal out that it is busted the moment it happens, and a plumber robot would solve it before it became an issue. No rooms would need to be switched because the problem could quickly be solved.
>>
>>135501228
You don't need advanced AI to have robots that can perform these menial tasks. Just pre-programmed sequences, networked systems that are talking to each other, and the right algorithms.
>>
>>135493868

I work with CNC machines, Cells. More robots=More oil. Machines require a shit ton of oil and oil derivates to work, a lot of maintenance too. If machines do take over we need new sources of oil.
>>
File: basic-income-comic.png (141KB, 1160x420px) Image search: [Google]
basic-income-comic.png
141KB, 1160x420px
>>135493868

wow everything is going to be done quicker, easier, more efficiently, freeing millions of people up to do things that we are now unable to do because we need to waste massive amounts of resources and man-power on stupid shit we could automate.

How will people cope? I mean we are still suffering from all the wooden cart wheel makers, sword smiths and shamans that have been put out of their job by these evil modern advancements.

omg what a fucking nightmare!

Don't fall for this crypto-commie neo-luddite UBI bullshit, it's just the latest incarnation of jews lying to the economically illiterate to push for communism again.
>>
>>135500980
lel true but he taught me about ai neural networks
>>
SOYLENT GREEN
>>
>>135501539
and I'm telling you that you need human beings at a hotel with reasoning capabilities or it wouldn't work at all.
>>
>>135501998
Okay so list off five situations that you think would require a human to perform, that do not derive from another human employee making a mistake that has to be fixed.
>>
>>135501998
I'm sure telephone operators and help desk people said the same shit, now you talk to a robot every time you ring any big business.
>>
>>135501998
Then the manager can handle it. No need for someone at the desk when most cases are a simple Q&A
>>
>>135501998
>with reasoning capabilities
>implying that you can't program an AI to have reasoning capabilities
>>
>>135502169
>a guest steals the TV remote
>the guest in the room calls the desk and asks for a new remote
how will a robot fix this?
>a guest wants to know of the best place to eat from a local's perspective
how will a robot fix this?
>a guest smokes in a room and must be charged for damages
how will a robot understand this?
>A guest is has heavy traffic from prostitution in the room and needs to be removed
how will a robot handle this?
>there are drunk people/ junkies sleeping in the stair well
how will a robot handle this?

You would need so many different kinds of robots to automate this job when you can just hire a teenage kid.
>>
>>135493868
Friendly reminder that in third world countries they are still using animal powered vehicles and a lot of places don't have electricity and plumbing. What you describe will MAYBE come to the rich parts of the US but it's definitely not going to be a worldwide phenomenon.
>>
>>135503040
>a guest steals the TV remote
The remote would be chipped and so the computer system running the hotel would notice that it was missing, new remote is sent to the room before the next guest even arrives.
>a guest wants to know of the best place to eat from a local's perspective
Detailed information kiosks in the lobby, or people just look it up on their smartphones like a civilized being anyway. Google's algorithms for recommending stuff is already far superior to a random yokel local, give it a few more years and the dependency will only grow.
>a guest smokes in a room and must be charged for damages
A sensor detects the smoke in the air and automatically adds the fee to their bill.
>A guest is has heavy traffic from prostitution in the room and needs to be removed
Remotely cancel their room key, have their belongings collected by the housekeeper bot and sent to the lobby, report them to the authorities.
>there are drunk people/ junkies sleeping in the stair well
Turn on the sprinkler system until they leave, if they become aggressive send in the taser armed security bot to forcefully remove them.
>You would need so many different kinds of robots to automate this job when you can just hire a teenage kid.
Eventually we will get to the point where automated systems can do the job better, and be more cost effective at the same time than a minimum wage teenager. That's when automation starts taking over, of course we aren't there yet.
>>
>>135493868
Robots do the job better and cheaper. All that will happen is middle class will be removed. There will be plenty of unskilled labor for the dregs, including the military which can now be expanded due to the extra savings and excess manpower. Wars can be fought more frequently over resources with dispensable bodies.
>>
>>135505042
What's gonna stop the military from just using robots instead of human soldiers?
Now humans can't even be good as cannon fodder anymore.
The wars will be fought by robots against robots.
Frigging 'bots taking away everything, even our wars to kill ourselves.
There will probably be Futurama-style suicide booths where the robots can kill us quicker and more efficient than we do if we wish to end our lives from having no future.
>>
>>135505347
Humans could probably still have a role remotely piloting the military death bots, I can't see a fully autonomous one ever being more cost effective than that.
>>
>>135505347
The army could easily develop light full body armour and give it to all soldiers to save lives. They don't do it because it would cost upwards of 100 000 $ per head. And you're telling me they are going to replace the human soldiers with 2 mil $ robots? Get the fuck outta here.
>>
i can't wait to tip over r2d2 at the supermarket.
>>
Factory workers sure, but electricians/plumbers/carpenters are not going to replaced by a tin man. The robotic overlords have to hold off on the gas chambers for MEN with those trade skills.
>>
>>135505656
A human soldier easily costs more than that when you take into account the combined costs of training, equipping, feeding, and otherwise caring for them. All of that for a fighting unit that is basically worthless after it takes one big hit of any kind, and you are stuck paying for their healthcare and well-being for decades to come afterward. Even if an infantry replacement warbot did cost more up front than a traditional soldier, it would be more cost effective in the long run because you can repair it instead of sending it home with a purple heart, and once the war is over you just break it down and recycle the scrap metal into car parts or something. No having to pay for its education, healthcare, or pensions.
>>
>>135506142
I honestly don't believe you can realistically replace a navy seal with a robot no matter how advanced they got. And it you could, you could probably be able to build a fucking aircraft carrier for the same cost.
>>
>>135506391
Special Forces are an entirely different matter
>>
>>135506054
We're not calling them overlords anymore. They're our protectors.

Merry wishes from Chiron Beta Prime.
>>
>>135506502
I dunno man. Even for the average infantry Joe you still have so much shit to program into him that you could probably go to a trillion dollars before you get the first prototype out. You have to program him for weather changes, artillery attacks, friendly fire, sniper detection, IEDs, hostage situations, running to shelter etc. Oh you don't want to? There goes 10 million dollars after Ahmed and his goat bazooka their asses.
Reminder that the F-35 is a less complex machine and it cost 1 trillion+ to develop.
>>
File: big-dog-robot-with-weapons.jpg (125KB, 640x726px) Image search: [Google]
big-dog-robot-with-weapons.jpg
125KB, 640x726px
>>135506867
You don't have to program it for anything if you just make it remote operated instead. However I think you are picturing something more complex than is actually required for the job. To replace infantry you don't need an ultra complex terminator style robot man. Imagine instead something akin to those freaky big dog robots, each kitted out for specific roles on the battlefield.
>>
>>135493868
Did these robots have to work in the fast food restaurants to put themselves through college to learn these skills? If so I think it's fair then.
>>
>>135507586
No. The robot managers at the fast food restaurants only employ silver robots. They are racist towards the golden robots.
>>
>>135507458
I can see where you're coming from, however each remote controlled robot will have a human behind it, right? So the thesis that humans can completely be done with in the military, even for run-of-the mill jobs is false.

Also, friendly reminder that the Abrams tank still has a dude whose only job is RELOADING.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyrAqNv1odM
>>
>>135499038
>still trying to defend yourself this hard
>>
>>135507868
I never said that you would be completely removing humans from the military, you are just removing them from combat roles in the field and drastically cutting down on the manpower that you need to perform the same combat operations. Which drives costs down because you no longer have soldiers who need to be trained to the same level, provided for in the field, and cared for after the war is over. Also you can cut down almost all of the current non-combat and logistics roles, that would be huge as well and not require anything near as fancy tech wise.

>Also, friendly reminder that the Abrams tank still has a dude whose only job is RELOADING.
Because the Abrams is still a manned vehicle, and autoloaders have a tenancy to make tanks death traps for the crew.
>>
>>135508373
Point taken, however I wouldn't jump to quick conclusions about logistics. Sure, you would need to field less food, but you still need to supply the robo-troops with amunition, spare parts, charging stations/fuel etc. I just can't imagine a war where you just let these dog bots loose on the field and they cover hundreds of miles on their own with no man on site. More realistically maybe you send them to the front but you have a whole crew of men behind them. Also, you wouldn't want Abdul to pick up your fancy damaged robot to sell it at the scrap yard for 50cents/pound right?
>>
>>135509135
>you still need to supply the robo-troops with amunition, spare parts, charging stations/fuel etc.
Which can all be done with remotely controlled, or hell even fully automated systems in a lot of cases. Trucker and mailman are probably some of the first professions that go extinct due to automation, because the system replacing the human driver only really needs to be half as good. It can drive at half the speed and still perform better because it never needs to make rest stops to eat or sleep. Same logic applies to military logistics chains. The dog bots can send their repair and resupply needs to a logistics computer automatically, warehouse bots back in the homeland load up everything that is needed, a combination of automated flights or trucks deliver everything needed to supply bases near the front.

>More realistically maybe you send them to the front but you have a whole crew of men behind them.
Early on, definitely. There is a big argument to be made for having your dog bot pilots at least somewhat close to the combat zone, to reduce latency and chances of your remote connection failing. An occupation will also always require people on the ground to some extent, as there are a lot of non-combat things going on in a post-invasion occupation of any territory.
>>
>>135510068
Sound good in theory until Abdul comes on your supply route and steals your fancy trucks. Maybe it's because I'm Romanian, but I just take the theft problem way more seriously than Americans. Look at ISIS - the bulk of their military equipment came from deserted Iraqi bases initially and that gave them a huge head start. Other than that, those seem feasible solutions for the army of a rich country. Still there's no shortage of cheap manpower in the rest of the world.
>>
>tfw couldn't have just been a boomer growing up in the '60s when jobs were handed out like leaflets, houses were affordable and society was less globalised and homogenised
>>
File: sdfeke.jpg (120KB, 1190x595px) Image search: [Google]
sdfeke.jpg
120KB, 1190x595px
>>135510764
That wouldn't work if the trucks didn't have manual controls at all, and if they were designed as autonomous logistics trucks why would they? You could also slap an automated gun on it too, to deter the liberated locals from getting any ideas. Now that I think about it though, IEDs probably would be a huge threat for automated logistics convoys. Insurgents could blow the trucks, loot anything that survived, and be gone before a non-automated response could be sent out. If you want to automate your logistics doing everything via air drop would probably be the best bet.
>>
File: figure2.png (17KB, 930x359px) Image search: [Google]
figure2.png
17KB, 930x359px
>>135511398
And we both know at this point you'll just hire Joe the driver, put him in an armour truck, give him a rifle and call it a day.
>>
>>135511398
That lorry is way too low to the ground. A speed bump would annihilate that thing
>>
>>135511398
>finicky-ass automated rig carrying 80,000lbs of oil (or any other hazmat at that rate)
That certainly makes me feel safe, knowing the reliability of computers. Jesus Christ, the future is gonna be a disaster.
>>
>>135512196
That's just a concept anon. Designers shit 5 of those a day, doesn't mean they are practical, they are just meant to look cool.
>>
>>135493868
How about we allow the atomization to our jobs for us. We still collect money. We all have a guaranteed income and we use our free time to study things that will further our society rather than do nothing or work a useless job.
>>
The future is looking great. The system will keep the good and useful alive and well while automation does the dirty work. Everyone will be privileged.
>>
>>135493868
The problem with robots is not that they will replace human physical labor but that they will replace humans at cognitive tasks, how menial those tasks only time can tell. The psychical labor part has been happening nearly since the beginning of mankind and it will keep happening. Where you needed 10 housekeepers you will need 1 alongside 20 robovacs and a couple of butlerbots. Where you needed hundreds of thousands of troops to replace casualties you will need operators.

But without humans providing purpose robots will only provide efficiency. Everything of value, society included, has been built by the will of man. Unless mankind decides to either create another species through the means of ai or merge with machines human labor will continue being vital.
>>
>>135493868
>>retail is already being replaced by obviously self check outs
>>fast food is starting to use robots to take your order, sooner or later robots will make your food
>>mechanics will be replaced by skilled robots
>>cars will be self driving, no need for a taxi driver
>>a robot will take your farming jobs

...so what you're saying is that all our useless liberal art degrees and creative jobs will be unaffected?

interesting how that worked out
>>
>>135495595
If anything that would be easier for programs sicne they don't need to interact with the real world.
There are already losts of music generators(more then a half of the top100 are made by them, but of course not from the ones you find online)

http://tones.wolfram.com
>>
>>135493868

That would be a paradox. Mechanics will never be replaced by robots unless humans are replaced by robots entirely.
>>
>>135493868
>What policies can be put in place to prevent unemployment rising,
eliminate the minimum wage and welfare
>>
>>135516328
>Croatian intellectual
>>
>>135516843
>robots will design, build and maintain themselves.

There will be no need for your greasy hands to ever touch them
>>
>>135516855

We need a robot tax.
>>
>>135494008
Bitcoin already has the potential to wipe-out most of the financial services sector.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.