[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to submit your DNA to these companies?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: oA_gS9pd.jpg (18KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
oA_gS9pd.jpg
18KB, 512x512px
I'd really like to know my results, but I'm wary of giving out my genetic data to some company. What are the downsides here and do I have any other options?
>>
If you submit your dna to (((these))) companies (((they)))'ll make your clones and have sex (rape) with them every day
>>
>>135429277
Hillary gave a speech for them absolutely not
>>
Don't do it they own your ass once they get your dna. Make your parents take the test instead
>>
>>135429381
I want them to make a female clone of me so we can fuck

>tfw Tyron cucks my clone from me
>>
>>135429277
They patent your DNA. They got the right to patent DNA when they started inventing microbes and such, landmark ruling. In a future ruling, they will decide that patented DNA means anyone with that DNA is owned by the company etc, so it will probably mean your children are owned by them eventually, dystopian shit like that.
>>
>>135429277
hell fucking no its not. Doesn't seem like it, but 20 years from now DNA is going to be a currency. It's retarded to send your shit to one of these random mysterious (((companies))). What the fuck are you hoping to discover, anyway?
>>
>>135429473

How do I know if my dad is really my dad?
>>
I don't even good blood for std check because Qwest diagnostics shares it with us military bio labs
>>
>>135429277
Read this article and you tell me, /pol/.
>>
>>135429277
no, even anonymously- it can't be, they have your entire genome. also they can be used to deny you services in the future based upon your genetics(like healthcare) and for those more (((paranoid))) they could find a chemical weakness specific to your dna and easily kill you with some chemical powder being blown in your face
>>
>>135429277
my dad sent dna to ancestry. the gave results back and probably to the us govt too
>>
>>135429872
(((They))) can already do this... it's called arsenic. It kills people no matter what their dna is.
>>135429277
Yes it's perfectly fine to use one of these services. The government has full access to blood samples and your genetic code already from the time you were born and attached to your social security number anyway.
>>
>>135430448
multiple ways to skin a cat anon
(((they))) could use a chemical completely safe to everyone who handles it before execution
>>
>>135429277
>is it safe?
companies literally state in the terms that your literal DNA becomes there property when submitted to with as they fit
>>
>>135429473
Proof please.

>>135429611
>they patent your DNA

And I downloaded my raw DNA and both 23andme, Ancestry and MyHeritage think I'm completely different people. As I had widely differing results, so I'm not afraid of people who haven't concretely done anything with said DNA.
>>
>>135430448
When I was born, people weren't automatically required to have a social security number. I didn't get one until I was ready to get a job.
>>
File: Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg (56KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg
56KB, 320x240px
>>135430546
>>
What is the best ancestry test?
>>
>Apply for job in the year 2030
>Sorry Anon but our Google DNA files show you have an 55% hereditary risk of developing cancer within the next four years and we do not hire candidates with a pre existing disease potential above 35%
>Have kids
>Kid gets sick
>Go to the hospital
>Well you signed away your DNA rights to Google Genetics in 2017 so you must relinquish your child for organ harvesting as he has a rare disease and his DNA will be an invaluable asset for developing a cure
>>
>>135429277
You are giving your dna to ONGs absolutely not interested in selling your data to the pharmaceutical companies, or Israel and his ethnic cleansing virus program.
>>
>>135429611
Patenting DNA is one of the most overly apocalyptic things you can even imagine.
>>
>>135429277
It's founded by a Google founders ex wife, she's also Jewish, that's all you need to know, don't give your DNA and money to jews.
>>
File: 1501053716768.jpg (65KB, 732x732px) Image search: [Google]
1501053716768.jpg
65KB, 732x732px
>>135429277
don't do it, they'll give it up to the government the second they're asked. ALSO DON'T FORGET the results aren't always accurate, just an "educated guess" as they would say
>>
>>135431042
I did 23andme, was fine, but i wished the results were more specific. You get shit like "40% broadly European", it's really non-specific. But it's fine if all you want to do is verify you aren't black or Jewish. And also it is pretty useful for tracking down long lost relatives, my friend found his father through there.
>>
I have no proof of anything nefarious, but I'd imagine it's probably not the best idea to send in your DNA to random companies claiming to send you actual results of your ancestral genes.
>>
>>135429780
What would the significance of that be?
>>
>>135430934
lol, cute but people actually are working on developing these biological agents. Tim Ferriss knows firsthand, check out his site
>>
>>135431583
>found father through 23andme
>now living in namibia
Was it worth it?
>>
>>135431583
You can upload your raw data to online calculators for specifics.
>>
>>135429277
Perfectly safe goyim. Also be sure to submit the fingerprints of all your children to the police when we come by to your schools or county fair!
>>
>>135429277

No.
>>
>>135429277
Nothing to hide, nothing to fear :^)
>>
>>135429277

I wonder if these companies sell off your genetic likeness to the NCIC, FBI and other global agencies who use DNA to create criminal profiles. Convicted felons are forced to submit their DNA to information banks where I live.
>>
>>135432272
Rephrase your question
>>
>>135432625
yeah i downloaded the raw data and uploaded it to some site everyone was saying was the best, but i couldn't make sense of the graph they showed me.
>>
>>135430448

>It kills people no matter what their dna is.

Not me, but metabolic control isn't something everyone has.
>>
I imagine it's safe enough.
Yea your dna could theoretically be used against you in court or something in the future. On the other hand you leave dna all over your house, car, workplace, etc. so it's not exactly a private thing to begin with.
>>
>>135433436
people shouldn't be worried about this, it's more "we can do research with your genome and if we find something good, get fucked"
>>
>>135433206
What is the significance of them sharing that information?
>>
>>
>>135434342
this
>>
>>135429277
>be OP
>submit DNA to know my heritage
>see clone of myself randomly walking down the street
>>
Depends on which service you are using. I wouldnt touch 23andme with a 15 foot pole but Ancestry is ok.
The Mormons are weird but they're ultimately good people and fairly trustworthy. At worst they're using the information to figure out who they need to secretly baptize.
>>
>>135433294
>metabolic control
small time kid, I have full 100% control of every single action in my body. I manually sent every single electrical signal in my brain in order to type this message while absorbing exactly as much oxygen as I need from the air in my lungs. I do this of course while I manage my digestion making sure I only take in the nutrients I decide to take in.

Get on my level scrub
>>
>>135429277
Lets be honest they hide it well with the cringe progressive "in a 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10 mix lol" adds but they are obviously redpilled as fuck and secretly doing research into genes for intelligence to separate out a ruling class.

Like why would you go into that field unless you were at least a crypto
>>
>>135430789
It's been suspected for awhile now that 23andme is giving completely fictitious results showing white people having mongrelized dna when they actually don't.

I'm not sure I'd trust any of these people.
>>
>>135429277
>but I'm wary of giving out my genetic data to some company
so why do you still ask here

of course you dont give dna. wtf
>>
>>135435890
They do like to throw in 0.1% randos

Having said that I got an essentially full one, if you ignore noise is fine. Also caring about 6% floating around is just being a mongcano
>>
>>135435504

Already been on that level, my dude.

Have the third eye scar to prove it.
>>
>>135430874
Wew
>>
File: one_drop.png (29KB, 515x306px) Image search: [Google]
one_drop.png
29KB, 515x306px
>>135429277

If you do it, know these two things:

1) There is a 100% chance your DNA info is going into a giant database that will be accessible by governments and companies

2) The shit is going to happen to you one day no matter what (some companies now making it a condition of employment to get your DNA screened) so you might as well get in now.
>>
>>135429827

Stop being an ass.
Did you expect this company to be started by someone named Laqueefa or Tyrone?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.