[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Climate Change Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

File: 57890.jpg (145KB, 1024x436px) Image search: [Google]
57890.jpg
145KB, 1024x436px
have me try to convince you that climate change/global warming is real and a threat
>>
>>135407417
It is. But we can do literally nothing to stop it unless if we go fascism mode. So we might as well let it be.
>>
>>135407417
First, convince me to care.
>>
I figure I've got just a few more decades left in me to live, so fuck the youth of today. Fuck their future and fuck the planet. I got mine.
>>
>>135407417
refute this first. pro tip: you wont.

https://youtu.be/N-0Md4WSe-g
>>
>>135407993
one of the major insights that has been derived from Paleoclimatology in the last few decades is that the climate essentially determines the fate of the biosphere.
Major phases of diversification, genera turnover, exstirpation and extinction coincide with phases of distinctive climatic changes.

And the same holds true for human civilization: civilization developed in the remarkably stable Holocene (that's likely not a coincidence), but there are examples of sudden climate changes ("8.2k event" for example) and they also correlate with the loss of high cultured civilizations like the Akkadian Empire.
>>
File: solar.gif (23KB, 898x355px) Image search: [Google]
solar.gif
23KB, 898x355px
>>135407417
Convince the people who already believe that to stop driving cars and stop using HVAC. Convince the power companies to give up profits by building and maintaining more unreliable solar and wind. Or if you have better solutions, provide those.
>>
>>135408626
Great, a bunch of blah, blah, blah.
Not really hitting me where I live.
>>
>>135408459
can you summarize the main point in a few sentences?
>>
the developing world needs to be stopped. they are miserable they don't care. so we have to stop them from fucking everything up.
>>
>>135407417
>belongs in /sci
kys, faggot
>>
for example, in western countries AC handymen are told - DONT LET THE GAS LEAK OMFG

in third world countries its normal to just remove the closure and let it leak a bit till it stops leaking. at that point installation is complete.
They don't care about leaking gas from discarded units either.
>>
The only real way to stop it would be to stop chopping down rain forests, start planting new ones and genocide anyone who stands in the way. Also, we should just genocide parts of Africa and Middle East where people are fucking getting 10 children per family. Less CO2 release.
>>
>>135407417
ALL OF THE DATA IS A LIE.

LITERALLY ALL OF IT.
>>
>>135408777
I wonder where it is you live where you are separate from either the biosphere or human civilization
>>
>>135407417
>>135409314
>>135408459
>>135408626

ALL OF THE STUDIES THAT PROMOTED "CLIMATE CHANGE" WERE BASED ON FALSIFIED DATA.

http://www.newscats.org/?p=10216
>>
>>135407417
but it's not, OP
>>
>>135409314
planting forests would certainly help and be a positive thing in virtually every measure, but it's not enough.
For us to avoid the most dangerous consequences, most of the fossil fuels need to be left in the ground.
>>
File: 0621_AirConditioner.jpg (91KB, 644x415px) Image search: [Google]
0621_AirConditioner.jpg
91KB, 644x415px
>>135407417
How will my air conditioner ever recover from the temperature increasing by a degree or two on average?
>>
>>135410046
>planting forests
Won't do shit.
>>
Let it burn. Let it all burn.
>>
>>135407417
It's real, now pay me 80k to sail a "research" ship to many exotic locations for vital "scientific" investigations. We will have to sample the air in many hard to reach places so flying drones will be essential. Of course flying drones over tropical waters is a vital competent of this research. I can assure you in no way will I be taking your money to fund a farcical holiday where I pretend to investigate the devastating effects of a problem that doesn't exist.
>>
>>135410518
It will burn like things burned 500 years ago.

Because "climate change" is based on falsified data.
>>
>>135410103
air conditioners can only cool the air about 20 degress from the outside temp. its not magic. air conditioners wouldn't save you from the outside temp going up. shit most ACs cant even cool your house if its 95 degrees outside and thats the temp the manufacturers make them for
>>
>>135410786
I have 2 AC window units that do a great job of maintaining a 65 degree F room temp when the temp is greater than 100 degrees outside.
>>
>>135410046
Why? Humans are made of carbon. There's no 100% verified scientific proof that carbon is causing the rise in temperatures. But even if the rise in CO2 is creating climate change, studies often overlook other factors that may contribute to climate change such as the effects on the water cycle (more rain and clouds in the atmosphere, thus naturally cooling earth), sunspots, and our magnetic poles (also possibly related to the sun)

Until someone presents real research and not some agenda study with cherry picked data, I'm not buying what you're selling.
>>
>>135411294
>There's no 100% verified scientific proof that carbon is causing the rise in temperatures.
There is no scientific proof of an unusual rise in temperature.
See:

>>135409829
>>
>>135410786
That's an insulation problem, not an AC problem.
>>
>>135411478
It could be that he never cleans his AC.

They are supposed to be cleaned every year.
>>
>>135407417
climate on earth has never been stable.
>>
C02 accounts for 3% of the greenhouse effect. humans account for 3 % of total carbon in the atmosphere. The 97% of carbon up in the atmosphere is naturally occurring, how are we even affecting anything coming in at 3 % of 3% of the total greenhouse effect ?
>>
>>135411890
God can't even predict the weather except for what he does by his own hands.
>>
>>135409314
Do you really believe Africans are the main offenders here? Don't be retarded.
Average American has a bigger ecological footprint than a huge African family.
>>
>>135411294
the effect of CO2 on temperature is known from several independent lines of evidence (paleoclimate, climate modeling, observations in the present), so there really is no debate about that among the people who study this professionally.

As for the point about the other factors, you again couldn't be more wrong.
Increases in cloud cover and solar effects are considered. While changes in solar irradiance are rather confidently constrained (simply because we can measure it directly with several heliophysics satellite missions), the influence of increased clouds is one of the biggest points of contention. That's because clouds have a dual role in climate as they reflect both downward short-wave radiation and upward long-wave radiation (it's nowhere near as straightforward as you pretend).
>>
>>135407417
A threat? Nah. Let the huge storms come, they shall cleanse the Earth
>>
>>135411890
>climate on earth has never been stable
This. Name a time in history when climate wasn't changing.
>>
File: 43_24_g-co2-l.jpg (140KB, 700x496px) Image search: [Google]
43_24_g-co2-l.jpg
140KB, 700x496px
>>135411890
that's right

>>135412006
you're confusing carbon flux with accumulated carbon in the atmosphere
human activity might be around 3% of the total carbon flux (oceans, soils, vegetation, volcanoes,...) but it has increased the total amount of CO2 in the atmosphere by ~40%, CH4 by ~150% and N2O by ~20%, and that's very significant.

So for example, the CO2 increase is already greater than the full amplitude of the glacial-interglacial signal.
>>
>>135408949
yes.
>>
refute this.

https://youtu.be/vMubByF332U
>>
>>135412866
>>135412699
again, please summarize the main point in a few sentences, so that a) people know what we're talking about an b) I don't write a long response, only to then get told that that's not the main point
>>
>>135407417
as you are so worried about your fault you should maybe just consider kys, this way you wont harm the earth anymore.
>>
>>135412119
>there really is no debate
Environmentalist Dr. Patrick Moore disagrees with you so I'd say there's still room for debate.

You're ignoring my point that you're trusting in hypothetical computer models that present only the worse case scienerio that don't take into account all factors within your models. Weather men can't accurately predict the weather by week's end, I don't know how scientists can predict climate 25 years out.
>>
>>135413030
>again, please summarize the main point in a few sentences.

no, I do not care enough for you, if you are interested watch it otherwise fuck off.

all I say is he btfo's all of your BS claims.
>>
>>135412614
>it has increased the total amount of CO2 in the atmosphere by ~40%, CH4 by ~150% and N2O by ~20%, and that's very significant.
>
>So for example, the CO2 increase is already greater than the full amplitude of the glacial-interglacial signal.

That is all based on falsified data.

We will actually have to go back and perform actual science instead of relying on someones lies.

See:
>>135409829
>>
>>135409314
This.
>>135409332
Hello, Exxon.
>>
File: figure-6-2.jpg (97KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
figure-6-2.jpg
97KB, 417x500px
>>135413515
Patrick Moore is a well-known noisemaker with no expertise or publishing history in this field, he is not a credible source.

We don't have to rely on computer models for our knowledge about the radiative effects of CO2 (and other gases). Not only can we observe their properties in laboratories today, but -more significantly- in the paleoclimate record.
Earth has already conducted this same experiment for us in the past:
And it clearly shows us that phases of sudden carbon input into the Earth system result in pronounced upward excursions in temperature.
>>
>>135413515
>Environmentalist Dr. Patrick Moore
>PhD in Ecology (1974), B.Sc. in Forest Biology (1969)

Hey! It turns out he knows NOTHING about climate science, climate research or even weather patterns.

HE IS A STUPID LYING NUTTER.
>>
>>135413929
>Hello, Exxon.

Hello, lying shitmouth:

http://www.newscats.org/?p=10216
Oh, look. Every study about climate change is based on lies.

GOOD JOB!
>>
>>135414098
>We don't have to rely on computer models for our knowledge about the radiative effects of CO2 (and other gases).
How do you know it's CO2 and not those "other gasses?"
>>
>>135414345
>"Let's show graphs that depict different regions and have different scales, and hope no one finds out"
Yeah, nah, fuck off. You shit up every fucking one of these threads, don't you have something better to do? I'm so bloody sick of this.
>>
>>135414835
It's both, you dumbfuck. All the charts are showing are measurable concentrations of elements/compounds.
>>
File: ipcc_rad_forc_ar5.jpg (1MB, 1754x1474px) Image search: [Google]
ipcc_rad_forc_ar5.jpg
1MB, 1754x1474px
>>135414835
first of all. the other gases are of course also having an effect in the same direction, but we know that CO2 is the most significant one
because their radiative forcing (and therefore, their relative contribution to the total perturbation) can be calculated through their concentration in the atmosphere.

CO2 is the most important one because both the total amount in the atmosphere and the total increase of CO2 is larger than that of other well-mixed greenhouse gases (CO2 is measured in ppm, while all other ones are measured in ppb)
>>
>>135414887
"Hockey stick climate change"-man is referenced in nearly ALL "climate change" papers, studies and thesis. EVERYTHING has to be re-examined and ACTUAL science needs to be performed.

Fuck-off with your religion, asshole.
>>
>>135415178
then why not have collective suicide, all "beleavers" could just kys and stop harming the planet this way. it is that simple.

oh and don't forget, never have kids they will produce co2 too!
>>
File: IMG_1926.gif (135KB, 1015x699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1926.gif
135KB, 1015x699px
Listen, Hans, I'm sure you got an education in a field you thought was lucrative, but I met a lot of these "experts" before and they all parroted the same BS story you're saying. They would get up, tell you the world was doomed, and present the standard spaghetti model that means nothing. Most of them do it to justify their jobs and salary. You'll be doing this routine probably for the rest of your life. You haven't presented anything new I haven't heard for the past 15 years, so good luck trying to convince others.
>>
>>135415648
>stop harming the planet

You are the one believing in a religion of "climate change".
>>
>>135407417
saged
papers on climate change come from the CEP, part of the ATC, and The Secretariat is giving out those "climate change" papers. TheS also serves as a clearinghouse for parties and companies involved in the antarctica thing. its just a big hoax.
>"The Secretariat and its website will continue to function as a clearinghouse for information on the Parties’
activities and relevant developments in Antarctica."
>>
File: IMG_0788.jpg (176KB, 717x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0788.jpg
176KB, 717x609px
>>135407417
The Right Wing Safety Squad advises all anons viewing this thread to follow the instructions in the informational image above. /leftypol/ slide and bait threads are an epidemic so remember to sage, hide and ignore.
>>
>>135415804
no, I just point out a solution for the "beleavers" problems.

the videos I linked refute all that BS claims of hans OP and that guilty burger.
>>
>>135415643
>1 guy shows a local map
>well, better throw out decades of research. In the meantime, let's just carry on as usual!
Look, faggot, he showed a specific region, not the global average, which is what climate change research is about. It's a catch 22 with you scientifically illiterate morons, because you will use any excuse to ignore inconvenient problems. That's not to say the libshits are flawless--they keep spewing 'end-of-the-world' crap that detracts from the actual problem of damage to the biosphere. Plus the carbon tax is Jewish bullshit.
>>135415648
Shitty strawman. Population control is a must, for many reasons. And I'd like nothing more than to cleanse the world of kikes and shitskins, so fuck off with your alarmism.
What is more effective for the climate? Me killing myself, or me killing 500 niggers and blowing up a few refineries?

This argument is infuriatingly childish; it boils down to
>no u, xDDDDDD
>>
>>135415804
>acknowledging a problem is a religion
Kek, you do realize you're tearing into a fellow skeptic?
>>135416112
I'm not 'guilty,' but it doesn't take a genius to think that maybe there are too many goddamn people already. And no, I don't mean whites, as our population levels would stabilize just fine without importing hordes of subhumans. I'm talking about those shitskins who do nothing but breed and clear cut forests.
>>
>>135416194
>>135416407

>It's a catch 22 with you scientifically illiterate morons
Find me 3 papers that do not reference his work, or papers based on his work.
>>
>>135416194
I think you are misunderstanding something here.
I do not beleave co2 harms the planet but people who do could easily end their tragedy this way.

greenland was once green when there was higher temperature and bc of this even higher co2 in the air.

that is why it is called greenland.

oh btw greenland just had the coldest year since temperature recordings kek.
>>
>>135416500
Academia is a circlejerk, everyone knows this. Citations get thrown around just to pat each other's back.
There was a meta-study that intentionally put in a couple dozen """studies""" of complete bullshit, but with interesting sounding names, and they actually got cited by 'qualified' researchers, who obviously never read the citation.
There are other cases where people just cite by author--like here, where they pick the 'famous' guy. That's not what you do in science, though. It's not about citations, it is about the scientific method of reproducible results. And that is as fucking easy as looking up temperature records, greenhouse gas concentrations, and basic chemistry.

You're doubling down on something completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. You treat science as a popularity contest, and delight in the execution of your crafted strawman, somehow tying information to some ivory tower jackoff who got lucky by being the first to publish.
>>
>>135416886
>I do not believe co2 harms the planet
You phrase this very narrowly. It's all about degree and a complex interplay of factors. Humans themselves won't be harmed much by climate change, but the bioshpere absolutely will. And CO2 is not the only thing. There are tons of factors and feedback lloops going into a system like earth.
Also, local temperature variations are common. Europe would be covered in pine trees and tundra if it wasn't for the Gulf Stream, which, it so happens, is predicted to be disrupted by rising ocean temperatures. So while the average temperature of the planet will rise, (North and West) Europe's will broadly fall.
>>
In the worst climate change scenario the southern states of the USA become an uninhabitable wasteland, with millions of southetners internally displaced and struglling to survive.

Southerners will be used as slave labour by well off northerners and will be called the dergatory term "Southie". One day a Southie slave miner called Jake Hunter Mcwellin finds himself being searched and interregotaed by armed FEMA camp inspectors, some equipment has gone missing from the digging site and Jake is the main suspect.

"I dont know what ya looking for, but i aint got it" said Jake as he stared down the two Fema supervisors. "Is that so Southie" said one of the supervisors.

Expecting the search to be over Jake began to turn away as he turned he was struck and dazed by a strike to the back of the skull. "You Southie dirtbags think your some smart shit dont ya" said a supervisor with a baton in hand.

As the supervisor lifted his baton for a second strike Jake quickly rolled towards the supervisor and kicked his ankle with all his force. The supervisors ankle buckled and cracked under the pressure and the supervisor made a primal scream "Arooooba!!!" Scram the supervisor as he fell and writhed on the floor. The second superbvsor unseathed his baton and attemted to strike Jake while he was still on the floor , he struck jake in the ribs and cracked several of them "Alaaaamoooo" scram Jake as he grabbed his ribs in pain.

Staying focused Jake managed to push the supervisor back away with a kick to the gut and got to his feet. A large crowd of Southie miner slaves had gathhered to watch the fight and klaxons began to ring around the mining facilty, heavily armed Fema pedo's would be on the way to quell the unrest. Jake knew he had to end this fight before the armed response arrived so he ran and the supervisor followed. Jake reached he's destination and picked up a large hammer from his tool box "lets do this Southie style" said Jake as he gripped the hammer.
>>
File: 7c33afe.jpg (96KB, 1168x657px) Image search: [Google]
7c33afe.jpg
96KB, 1168x657px
>>135407417
Pic related
>>
>>135407417
>have me try to convince you that climate change/global warming is real and a threat

you have to explain how fossil fuels is both a term funded into existence by Rockefeller yet not bullshit
>>
>>135417336
>In the worst climate change scenario
Perhaps in the worst theorized.

In reality a raise in temperature wouldn't affect the planet uniformly and would be a net positive, if we actually could speed up the warming of the planet we have no reason not to except the potential displacement (over years... not some kind of immediate doomsday displacement) of a few million people.

If the temperature raised, more land would become viable for crops, land that is viable now would become viable for a wider variety of crops. Some of the largest land masses on the planet are simply too cold to grow a variety of necessary crops.

Simply saying "the worst you can imagine" isn't a pragmatic view of the reality of the planet warming.
>>
>>135417523
Both are bullshit. European popluation levels are already naturally adjusting, and it should be managed carefully to avoid too drastic a shift. I think we all know (((who))) is pushing the second narrative to replace us.
>>
>>135409314
>we should just genocide parts of Africa and Middle East where people are fucking getting 10 children per family.

those children have the environmental impact of 1/50th of a jewish child raised in NYC

you know what to do /pol

for the environment
>>
File: DBQ9WwMXgAQcfVD.jpg (95KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
DBQ9WwMXgAQcfVD.jpg
95KB, 800x531px
>>135417940
kill fifty times more then?
>>
>>135418248
no you have to start eliminating those who have the greatest negative effect on the environment, would probably be most effective if you an hero right now, it's ok I'll wait with you while you finish
>>
>>135418391
>you have to start eliminating those who have the greatest negative effect on the environment
Proof is where?

Oh that's right. It's bullshit.
>>
>>135418532
>Proof is where?

it's easily calculated and multiple peer reviewed studies confirm, western children have a much greater negative environmental impact, their lifestyle requires more fuel to be used, more batteries to be manufactured, their lifestyles are more wasteful than the lifestyles of aboriginal peoples

kind of like white people accusing others of being deviants

like dude you're white your people invented deviancy

this black dude can explain it to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U29vgRadLh0
I still believe whites are superior by the way
>>
>>135418391
if you want to have maximal effect for every killed person, the first that would have to go would actually be Australians, followed by U.S.-Americans and Canadians
>>
>>135418391
Problem is I do not beleave that BS.

most effective would be to completly remove any human and animal from this planet, if you beleave that BS claims and extrapolate it.
>>
The ATCM considered the advice of the CEP on the items of information exchange
relating to environmental matters, and agreed:
1) changes to the items of information exchange on Contingency plans for oil spills
and other emergencies as follows:
• modifying the description of the item to add underlined text as follows “oil
spills and other environmental emergencies”;
• adding an optional item to describe ’scope/coverage of the plan (eg. ship
oil spill, station oil spill, station chemical incident etc)’, in case this is not
indicated in the title;
ATCM XXXIX Final Report
• retaining the item ’link’, but making it ’optional’; and
• removing the item ’implementation report’.
2) changes to the items of information exchange on IEEs and CEEs as follows:
• the inclusion of an additional optional item of information, for indicating
’the period/length of the activity’; and
• modifying the timing for information on IEEs and CEEs to encourage
provision ’as soon as domestic processes are concluded, while maintaining
the existing deadline for Parties to submit the information’.
>>
The supetvisor lunged wildly attemting to strike Jake in the gut again, Jake managed to shift to the side and dodge his strike just in time, years of heavy duty physical work had made the slave fit as a fiddle.

The Southie slave life also meant that Jake was no stanger to combat as the supervisor would soon find out. Jake quickly elbowed the suprrvisor in the nose and cracked it into powder and minced meat, he followed this strike with a hammer a blow to the supervisors jaw which tore it clean off. The Jawless supervisor fell onto the sunbacked Ohio soil and convulsed as litres off blood gushed from where his mouth used to be. The crowd of miners around Jake remained silent as the Klaxons blaired.

The heavily armed Fema pedo's would soon be on their way and kill off the miners of this site, the Northern states had adopted a kill on site policy when it came to Southie slave voilence. Jake looked around him and saw fear in the faces around him some of them didnt even look older than 12.. Jake knew what he had to do. " Well are you just gonna stand their and wait to be killed! !!!!" Jake scram, Jake lifted his blood soaked hammer " arm yourselves with tools, build barricades, prepare for the coming fight!!!". The miners rushed away and began to prepare.

Jake didnt know it at the time but he had started a revolution, a revolution that would change the destiny of the Southie people.
>>
File: aged-obama- climate poster.jpg (31KB, 468x320px) Image search: [Google]
aged-obama- climate poster.jpg
31KB, 468x320px
>>135418248
I recall predictions that the ice caps would melt that beaches would flood by 2007. Then 2012. Then 2014.

Then NPR had an expert on one morning where they explained those things didn't happen because A) the science was still new at the time and has since been refined and B) policies pushed by the democrats and Nigulus Maximus helped steer the globe towards salvation. Obviously vote blue team = save the world amirite?

I'm use to experts being completely wrong on this, over and over again. Even when I was a kid it was global cooling and the threat of an ice age that they were pushing. Now it's the earth will look like mars by the time my hypothetical grandchildren are alive.

I'm content to wait on the science to be further 'refined' to explain why I never needed to give a fuck in the first place. I'm also content to vote for candidates who don't want to raise taxes and take my money to payback their donors through schemes like Solindra in order to steer the globe towards salvation.
>>
>>135419623
>schemes like Solindra in order to steer the globe towards salvation.

this.
"lets all pay taxes for our collective fault and give it to third world dictators, it will surely make the world cool down 6 gazillion degrees!"
>>
>>135407802
Simple solution, engineered virus.
Many viable have already been made and is in the possession of several governments and some private companies. Britain is a forerunner on this.
It's not fascism. It's brutal and messy. But the other option will be much worse in the long run. Perhaps even extinction level.
People won't accept a culling of the numbers until they see the real effects of climate change in some decades. But by then it's already too late so the obvious solution is to simply release it in the biggest population areas without mandate.

The problem is accounting for mutation.
>>
>>135410786
I don't believe you are an American.
>>
>>135408721
nuclear
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.