[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to our jewsih friends. Is "goy" a pejorative term?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: jewu.png (7KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
jewu.png
7KB, 234x216px
Question to our jewsih friends.
Is "goy" a pejorative term?
>>
>>135399133
calou seu filho da puta
>>
>>135399133
Humm is "cattle" pejorative I wonder
>>
>>135399233
>>135399233
Goy means cattle?
>>
>>135399196
Why so salty, Al-varo Al-meida?
>>
>>135399133
Not at all, we just need some expression to indicate people who are not Jewish.

>>135399233
Bullshit, goyim literally means "nations" or "peoples".
>>
>>135399133
It's a term of respect
it's a compliment
>>
>>135399133
It could be in the same way that Mexican could be considered a pejorative term.

What goyim means it the plural of nations.
גויים. Goy means roughly nation, or foreigner. Goyisch means non-Jewish.

>Why?
In the genesis, after the tower of babel, the world is divided into 70 nations, or goyim. All nations are supposedly descended from these 70. Thus, any nation besides B'nai Y'israel is a goy. You could also apply it to B'nai Y'israel, but it would be sort of a technicality rather than a practical use of the word.

Essentially, when god uplifted the Jews to be a light onto the nations, the term became used for religious rites, and law. E.g., sacrifices were made for the 70 nations even if they were not able to. You can charge interest to goyim because it is unknown whether or not a goy will repay a loan, thus it is more risky.

>Do Jews consider it an offensive term?
Not really. Trust me, Jews have plenty of terms for gentiles that are not flattering. "Shiksa" for example.
>>
>>135402731
>Not really. Trust me, Jews have plenty of terms for gentiles that are not flattering. "Shiksa" for example.

More to the point that 'goy' and 'goyim' are neutral terms that have taken on pejorative connotations over time, similar to how the term 'nigger' developed from a (crude) geographical reference to a slur.
>>
>>135403917
Well, the question was whether or not Jews consider it offensive not whether or not goyim do.

Jews typically don't.
>>
>>135404036

People mean to deliver offense when they call someone a 'nigger', likewise 'goy' or 'goyim' is not infrequently deployed in a pejorative sense.

Doubtless a jewish person would be quick to defend 'shiksa' as not being an offensive term as well, which is probably why it's more worthwhile to look at how and when they deploy those terms rather than take their word for it (baring in mind that jewish people are not famous for honesty).
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-28-11-24-52.png (985KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-28-11-24-52.png
985KB, 1280x720px
>>135404036
>Jews typically don't.

>"Just the Jews are humans, the non-Jews are no humans, but cattle" Kerithuth 6b, page 78, Jebhammoth 61
>"The non-Jews have been created to serve the Jews as slaves" Midrasch Talpioth 225
>"Sexual intercourse with non-Jews is like sexual intercourse with animals" Kethuboth 3b
>"The non-Jews have to be avoided even more than sick pigs" Orach Chaiim 57, 6a
>"The birth rate of non-Jews has to be suppressed massively" Zohar 11,4b
>"As you replace lost cows and donkeys, so you shall replace non-Jews" Lore Dea 377, 1
>>
>>135404301
No, shiksa is definitely an offensive term. It's literally used to cause offense.

It essentially means wild animal, abomination, or whore.
>>
>>135404760
>"Just the Jews are humans, the non-Jews are no humans, but cattle" Kerithuth 6b, page 78, Jebhammoth 61
Not actually true. The entire discussion is a discussion of sacrificial rites/anointing.

>"The non-Jews have been created to serve the Jews as slaves" Midrasch Talpioth 225
The midrasch talpioth is not a Jewish legal work.

>"Sexual intercourse with non-Jews is like sexual intercourse with animals" Kethuboth 3b
I'd believe it, it's a discussion about what constitutes penalties for bestiality and arguments concerning things like this.

>"The non-Jews have to be avoided even more than sick pigs" Orach Chaiim 57, 6a
Not a Jewish legal work.

>"The birth rate of non-Jews has to be suppressed massively" Zohar 11,4b
Not a Jewish legal work.

>"As you replace lost cows and donkeys, so you shall replace non-Jews" Lore Dea 377, 1
Actually true, if you damage a non-Jewish slave through some fault of your own, you're obligated to replace or pay some sort of its value. E.g., a man between 20-50 is replaced by a man between 20-50 or I believe 30 silver shekels, perhaps more or less demanding on factors.

>BUT IS IT A JEWISH WORK???
I honestly don't know. I can check legal works because I own them. Even then, this gets into esoteric discussions.

>WHY ISN'T THIS OFFENSIVE?
Because it's simply not a word used in that way for the most part. You would honestly have to apply some sort of adjective to make it offensive.

It's like asking is "Jew" offensive? I'd say no, because you have to really add something to make it offensive

>Dirty Jew
>Scheming Jew
>Usurious Jew
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.