[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2008 Election

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: image4572411x.jpg (25KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
image4572411x.jpg
25KB, 620x350px
What was /pol/ like during the night of the 2008 election?
>>
>>135350606
/pol/ didnt exist in 2008 newfag
>>
>>135350606
>>
>>135350606
Autistic screeching
>>
>>135350666
Yes it did, it was called /new/.
>>
File: 1501281054319.jpg (112KB, 1087x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501281054319.jpg
112KB, 1087x1080px
>>135350606
sage
>>
>>135350606
Rural and suburban retards supported Obama back then. The only elections in which ultra high IQ city people had a shot were 2000 and 2016.
>>
/pol/ wasn't around back in 2008. It was /news/ or whatever that was (which was taken down for /pol/ for like 5+ years until last year or the year before that). Everyone was fawning over Ron Paul, and they contined to do so until after the 2012 election when he retired.
>>
It was /b/ but everybody was like "FUCKING NIGGERS"
>>
>>135350804
You are even more retarded than OP.
>>
>>135350606
Most of 4chan was "duuuude a meme president"

t. User since 2003
>>
>>135350606
I was fucked up drunk laughing at the faggot Jesse Jackson crying.
>>
>>135350606

I spent the night in jail because I was at a bar and some nigger was laughing about obama winning and "all da whiteys gonna pay" so I fucking clocked him with a beer bottle. Luckily for me the nigga had warrants so he didn't press charges because he wouldn't talk to law enforcement.

Thank God that was before twitter was really popular and everyone didn't record every goddamned thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 599x798px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 599x798px
>>135350606
The Obama memes were great
>>
>>135351066

Good for you. Darkies are like anybody else, theyll do what they think they can get away with and nothing more.
>>
/pol/ wasn't around in 2008. There was a lot of Ron Paul posting on other boards.
>>
" if I had a son, it would look just like him"
>>
>>135350606
what was life like before you realized you were a faggot?
>>
File: 1498697979418.gif (2MB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
1498697979418.gif
2MB, 400x243px
>>135351233
Of all the chances and opportunities to mend race relations and he did that.
>>
They wouldn't have given two shits, because Romney and Obama were literally the same thing.
Same globalist ambitions.
Same Wall St and super PAC funding.
Same warmongering.
Same neoliberal kike bullshit.
Same old shit.

2016 was the election that actually mattered.
>>
>>135351075
Anyone else remember theobamaforum.com? I was a mod there. We had a fucking blast on that site.
>>
File: 3.jpg (44KB, 851x472px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
44KB, 851x472px
/pol/ didn't exist at the time. And a lot of /pol/tards were shitposting on /b/ so go ask them.
I was stationed at Fort Meade and a friend and I decided to go watch the big party at the white house.
In retrospect, it was just "Eh go with it" I was rather sore at Bush myself, and while I would have voted McCain at the time, he gave a lot of bad messages. Namely about the economy. His downplaying peoples concerns about the economy kind of turned a lot of people off. Say what you will about the former Chimp in Chief, but at the very least, he played a good hand of politics.
>>
>>135350606
It was really good people tend to forget but obama beat hillary clinton in the 2008 primaries. I personally back then in college saw him as a chance to get this country back on track (total bs in hindsight)

McCain was a total traitor back then as much as he is today and was a fucking cunt that needs to fuck off and die already. I never understood the hate palin got but i realize now it was just the media being the media.

Everyone partied after he won in a landslide as we finally thought they would get the assholes who caused the global recession. They also me included had high hopes that blacks and whites could just get along and that this would show them that if they tried hard enough even they could make something of themselves. Which i now know is total bs its more then skin deep. Plus race relations are terrible now because of obongo.

The outlook in 2008 looked very promising but he was a total letdown that accomplished nothing.
>>
File: we president now.jpg (59KB, 554x546px) Image search: [Google]
we president now.jpg
59KB, 554x546px
>>135350606
I was on /sp/ and this pic was very popular there. 4chan's demographic was younger back then and it was before social media really took off, so everyone didn't have an instant polarizing opinion on every single little issue like they do today. It was pretty lighthearted stuff mostly.
>>
>>135352377
>They also me included had high hopes that blacks and whites could just get along and that this would show them that if they tried hard enough even they could make something of themselves. Which i now know is total bs its more then skin deep. Plus race relations are terrible now because of obongo.
>The outlook in 2008 looked very promising but he was a total letdown that accomplished nothing.

Feels. My roommate was black at the time and was crying. Now he a KANGZ man.

I remember watching his inauguration. It was historic, everyone on campus CROWDED around the TV's to watch it.

In retrospect, it wasn't a bad presidency but more of wasted potential and a let down.
>>
>>135350606
RON PAUL
>>
>>135351635
Fuck off new gag. There was a large to Obama group here
>>
2012 was actually much, much worse around the conservative Internet. In 2008, we knew we'd lose because Bush fucked up so badly and even some of thought this Obama cat might turn out to be pretty cool. We knew we'd lose as we had the shitbird McCain, anyhow.
By 2012, it was clear he wasn't the hip, cool, take all comers guy we thought he was and the whole Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman fiasco showed he had no problem injecting the power of the presidency into a street fight that ended in a way that broke his heart. 'Member how angry the whole nation was in 2012 as we awaited that trial the next year? The election was the icing on that cake. Al "Diamond Merchants" Sharpton was a constant WH fixture. It was clear Valerie Jarrett was actually running the WH. It seemed like a really, really bleak & depressing situation when he got a second term with no more elections in front of him. Ultimately, Obama proved to be incredibly lazy and just didn't much give a shit by 2013.
>>
File: 1498750137886.png (66KB, 510x332px) Image search: [Google]
1498750137886.png
66KB, 510x332px
>>135351066
jail check
>>
>>135350606
hillary should have won in 2008.

fuck this nigger
>>
>>135353570
>hillary should have won in 2008
It was clear whomever was the Dem nominee would win that year. Yes, we'd be better off if she had because it would have been just President Clinton 2.0. Obama was a disaster for the US with stagnant growth & he left the nation divided, angry & filled with race riots.
>>
File: mitt romney's black wife's son.jpg (48KB, 219x336px) Image search: [Google]
mitt romney's black wife's son.jpg
48KB, 219x336px
>>135353034
>Mitt Romney
>conservative

Good one, Mittens is a far-left extremist.
>>
>>135353500
check myself
>>
I was at a Barack Obama watching party watching our country actually go MAGA.
>>
>>135353800
check myself again!
>>
File: nightmare.jpg (11KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.jpg
11KB, 323x156px
Dont know, diidnt really use 4chan back then, only used it since this past election. was in last year middle school and thought it was kinda weird how much everyone liked this guy. It wasnt even about right vs left I think people thought he was the shit cause of how well he presented himself. At most I remember the sarah palin jokes. Preteen me thought mccain was alright. I didnt care about politics for awhile then a few years later I came to realize mccain was a piece of shit. 2012 election I didnt really care about romney and being fresh out of highschool thought ron paul was cool, libertarian was my first opinions about politics.
>>
>>135350606
I didn't bother watching. I stopped voting in 2008. I have always hated mcCain and Obama didn't reflect my politics.
>>
Remember to call him "America's first half white president". Libshits lose their minds when they hear that.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.