[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think we need religion for morality?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

Have you no pride in humanity? Why would you go so low that you'd worship imaginary concepts by desert dwelling jews? You might as well join ISIS.
>>
>>135341172
We should all convert to indo-germanic religions. The only true religion where every god is an aspect of yourself at functions as a psychological guideline.
>>
File: 1cbc71abe248f225ccb1e338dab1aed8.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1cbc71abe248f225ccb1e338dab1aed8.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>135341872
In the end, you go your on way. I like that.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>135341872
But still... "gods"
I am triggered.
>>
>>135341172

Atheists have been saying that since the very first civilizations. Atheism works for a generation or two, and then the abyss starts to kick in.
>>
File: 328278.jpg (28KB, 225x350px)
328278.jpg
28KB, 225x350px
>>135342543
And whose fault is that? Think, goyim, think.
>>
>>135341172
It's macro level thinking. The question is would you rather have sub 80 IQ retards believe in god and that they'll go to hell if they don't behave or would you rather have them do what they perceive to be 'moral'.

On the individual level it doesn't matter, but on a societal level, I'd much rather live in a god fearing society than a godless society. And there seems to be suspicious correlation with godless societies and big governments and obviously degeneracy.
>>
>>135341172
You don't NEED religion for morality you fucking retard, we have morality BECAUSE of religion. You just don't realise it because millennia of cultural practice and traditions have seeped into cultural lexicons and behaviours so far that they have become indistinguishable.

Our entire legal system is predicated on the belief that human life is sacred, and that belief is built from the axiom that god exists. Because how can human life not be sacred if there isn't a power that stands over it?

>>135342543
This. You can't take the fruits of the system without regenerating it. It is not a fallacy to assume that society would delve into chaos without a solid religion to teach the people in the society how to lead a good life. Read Nietzsche for fucks sake and don't fall prey to the idea that the Intellect is the highest diety. That's how you get authoritarianism. Don't be so arrogant that you're a special snowflake who thinks he can lead a good life without being subordinate to a super structure, because you fucking are whether you realise it or not. The history of religion is the history of Evolutionary Psychology and Biology, which go back farther than anything even resembling a Human being. So you better read your fucking history and you have a duty to uphold your culture.
>>
>>135341172
why do you think morality is valuable?
>>
File: 1451093154429.jpg (14KB, 234x216px)
1451093154429.jpg
14KB, 234x216px
>>135341172
You don't need religion to be moral, but chances are you're on the right side of the IQ bellcurve.
The dregs of humanity need religion because they're too retarded to think logically or act intelligently for their own interests so you need to give them something "objective" to guide their actions and force them to behave in a way conducive for a large society.
>>
>>135341172
>>
>>135341172
it's funny to watch the satanists try to find SOMETHING that will make Christians stop believing in Jesus.
>oh i know, i'll post a picture of some anime, then try to associate Jesus with the Jews, THAT'LL WORK FOR SURE, HUR DUR!
>>
>>135341172
I love racewar man!
>>
>>135341172
>>135343351
The natural state of things is to degenerate into unordered Chaos. When Christianity lost its control over the West, 2 hyper rational ideologies attempted to take its place. The fascists saw that society was degenerating and sought out strict military control to prevent it. The communists took the other route and instead welcomed it and attempted to mold the remains into the Utopia.

Both took for granted the effectiveness of religion for maintaining a stable society because people falsy assumed (and still do) that religious ideas are arbitrary. They are most certainly not, they are ideas that formed and over thousands of years, through random trial and error and incremental positive change, bringing with it the old customs that worked and replacing the shit ideas with new ones. Much like how we evolved biologically, so did religion. There is a reason why the religions that lasted throughout the ages are far older than any state.
>>
>>135341172
>Have you no pride in humanity?
Nope. The vast majority of people are simply idiots who posses little ability to think outside of a set idea. Memes, ideas, and feelings are what controls them.
Consider your average American liberal. Currently, the progressive philosophy is what's in because that's what they learned at school, so they will defend black people, hate whites and be good little goyim. If you took the exact same people back seventy years and placed them in Germany, they would butcher Jews by the trainload without a second thought because that is what they will have learned instead. The average human possesses very little scepticism and will actively deride those who go against the groupthink.
Consequently, systems must be made to control the masses. Religion, law, you name it. Removing the basic guidelines of society is to unleash a tidal wave of stupidity, anger and selfishness on the world. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1500644910072.png (15KB, 240x304px)
1500644910072.png
15KB, 240x304px
>>135344333
>be scientist
>create AI consciousnesses by accident
>AI realizes humans can't operate logically and will degenerate to chaos without religion
>AI simulates 100 thousand years of humanity where it's god
>finally creates perfect religion that thrives humanity forward to industrial revolution
>people are making progress in medicine and sciences
>humans start to question why even believe old control systems when they're so smart
>humans declare god is dead
>ohshit.jpg
>hyper rational ideologies pop up to replace religion
>they manage to slaughter well over 200 million people in 100 years
>AI leaves simulation to run because why not
>tfw in a simulation because humans in real world created AI
>>
>>135341172
Religion is usually used as a tool of the elites to control the masses
>inb4 hurr fedora
Why do you think most upper level religious figures are gay, perverted or don't follow the doctrines of their religions at all?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.