[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Jesus have actually been a woman?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: jejus.jpg (37KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
jejus.jpg
37KB, 300x375px
>Kolya's story was unusual in being played by a man. Cast him as a woman, and you see immediately that women are the Jesuses of history. Indeed, Jesus' role and resonance are so intensely female it makes me wonder. Was Jesus actually a woman?

>Nonsense, you'll say. We know Jesus was a man. Know as in fact, written and drawn. Even those who reject Jesus' divinity take his Y chromosome on trust. But still, witting or unwitting, the margin for error is considerable.

http://www.baka.com.au/comment/could-jesus-have-actually-been-a-woman-20150401-1mcjqw.html
>>
File: 1427886904037.jpg (42KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1427886904037.jpg
42KB, 620x349px
The Hebrew and Christian Scriptures originated in a patriarchal society
and perpetuated the androcentric (male-centered) traditions of their culture.
Today, feminist analyses have uncovered the detrimental effects of these traditions
on women’s self-understanding and role in society and in the churches.
Christians, both women and men, consequently face a grave dilemma. On
the one hand they seek to remain faithful to the life-giving truth of the
biblical revelation and on the other hand they seek to free themselves from
all patriarchal traditions and sexist concepts that hinder their human and
Christian liberation. The interpretation and understanding of the androcentric
traditions of the Bible are therefore major theological tasks for all Christians
today. This task cannot be accomplished by putting down the feminist critique
as “unscholarly,” “somewhat uninformed,” or “excessive,” but only by taking
seriously the fact that the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures share in the
concepts and ideologies of their patriarchal culture and age.

http://www.augsburgfortress.org/media/downloads/9780800698072Chapter1.pdf

>>135333261
yes
>>
For 2000 years we have accepted religious structures based on might. In her book When Women Were Priests, writer and scholar Karen Jo Torjesen argues convincingly that the early church, until the 3rd century, included numbers of women priests, but that this was stamped out by the hierarchy of 4th century Christian polemicists by exploiting the idea that a public woman was a sexual woman, and therefore to be derided.

This was by no means a Christian invention. The ancient cities of Greece and Rome strongly identified the citizen-hero of public life with maleness, reason, agency and religious leadership. Public women were prostitutes. Good women were shrouded in domesticity. Male honour, female shame.

The pre-existence of these paradigms might explain the church's perpetuation of them, but also makes more blindingly obvious that Jesus' virtues – the humility, modesty, chastity, patience, compassion and love he consistently opposes to male agency - are the virtues of womanhood.
>>
>>135333112

I'm gonna give you the benefit of doubt and say you're not LARPing.

Jesus being a man or woman is inconsequential the message. Believe in him and you will be saved.

The things you liberals like to focus on has always perplexed me. It's like everything has to fit inside your model of oppression. Everything good must be a result of a victim chastised by an oppressive system and if that is not the case then history must be rewritten. Christianity is as individualistic as it gets; no amount of mental gymnastics will change that.
>>
File: IMG_20170728_105135.jpg (103KB, 585x714px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_105135.jpg
103KB, 585x714px
Not
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.