[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many ads for NSAIDS? Advil this and Tylenol

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7957.jpg (75KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7957.jpg
75KB, 800x531px
Why are there so many ads for NSAIDS? Advil this and Tylenol that. They even have ones you take before sleeping? Do people take this shit daily?
>>
I take both daily, ibuprofen and Tylenol, but only once a day.
A gunshot wound shattered my knee, and had the entire thing replaced
>>
File: 1501192276373.png (31KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1501192276373.png
31KB, 640x560px
No, daily medication is how they get their hooks into you. Never ever start taking daily medication without accomplishing, not trying I mean actually accomplishing, significant positive changes in diet and exercise.

Physicians in the United States receive very little real training and study on how living like a healthy person can fix all kinds of conditions. They have a financial and social pressure interest in simply prescribing medications, especially in a time when people simply lack discipline.

>>135321924
I hope you don't drink, because you are killing your liver. Try physical therapy and ginger or turmeric capsules/tincture daily. Some people have had excellent results from CBD capsules as well, and there is evidence CBD may boost testosterone.
>>
File: 1490244357667.jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490244357667.jpg
13KB, 250x250px
>taking any pills at all
haha were all laughin at you pill poppin freaks
>>
I haven't seen an ad for Tylenol in more than a decade
>>
>>135320033
It's the easiest, cheapest, and least obtrusive form of pain management, inflammation treatment, and fever reducer. All you have to do is make sure you don't have any alcohol, and take breaks every now and then so you don't shit blood.

Interestingly enough, naproxen is like 10x stronger than ibuprofen, and doesn't carry the liver damage risk that acetaphetomine has, yet Tylenol and Motrin/Advil remain largely popular over Alieve.
>>
>>135320033
Only take modafinil, rest is pure bs.
>>
>>135321924
Ibuprofen and acetaminophen are horrible for you. They both raise your all-cause-mortality chance substantially. Try CBD products (non-psychoactive cannabis products) if that's legal where you are. Otherwise try "golden paste" - turmeric and black pepper lightly heated in fat (butter, or coconut oil), then refrigerated. Turmeric outperforms many prescription and OTC anti-inflammatory and pain medications. Look up a recipe online.
>>
>>135323543
This guy is right. One world or warning with turmeric, you have to be very careful where you source it from. The majority of turmeric products use root grown in a non-organic fashion in China. There is risk of heavy metals being present in the root, not likely but the risk is there, especially if you take daily.

There are products that contain organic turmeric grown in the USA. You can find them online. Organic ginger grown in the USA is plentiful, but not as potent as turmeric.
>>
>>135323543
Ibuprofen and acetaminophen are perfectly fine when used infrequently at recommended doses

Major problems usually only arise from daily use for weeks/months on end
>>
>>135323543
I and most friends of mine used to take 800-1000mg of ibuprofen every day for playing sports in high school. Looking back that probably wasn't the best idea
>>
>>135321924
that shit will fry your kindeys
>>
>>135324276
Wrong, and beyond that your problem is general inflammation which can be treated way more effectively with fewer side effects with diet changes, exercise, and turmeric or CBD.
>>
>>135322465
>>135323837
Heh. Just saw you had already given the exact same advice I did. Good stuff man. I would ad, there's not much research on it, but I would try taking a combination of typical curry spices (cumin, coriander, fennel, fenugreek, etc.) with your turmeric. In Ayurveda they believe a mix like this has all kinds of beneficial properties for the digestive system and the intestinal lining. Not much research I know of on it but we do know that tons of plants contain co-factors that change the actions of other plants, and we also know that various ayurvedic prescriptions (and prescriptions from other ancient systems) have been proven right over and over again once they were actually tested rigorously. I usually just mix a bit of an organic "curry" mix from the store in with my turmeric/pepper/ginger/fat tea.
>>
>>135325019
Good advice, I am little wary of certain spices since there are mixed reports that some of them are powerfully xenoestrogenic. Some people say fennel is, for example. All I know for sure is black pepper is constantly recommended to be taken in conjunction with turmeric and that black pepper seems clean.

Cheers.
>>
>>135323172
Modafinil is for kids. Only take dexamphetamine
>>
>>135320033
Tylenol isn't NSAID. It's weak garbage, but it's the only thing I can take for my headaches because NSAID's gave me an ulcer, and I'm not dealing with that again. Hopefully my dad gave me his resistant liver to go along with this messed-up head.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/bant/1597292
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.