[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So just how shit is commiefornia, outside urban areas? I live

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1499203334859.jpg (195KB, 1197x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1499203334859.jpg
195KB, 1197x1133px
So just how shit is commiefornia, outside urban areas?

I live north of Toronto now. Girlfriend got a pretty lucrative job offer to move to move to Cali, one that would include bringing me along/getting a card I guess, I don't know how it works. I'm an electrician now, and make around 105k CAD. She'd be making around 100kUSD at this new place, but what about me? I don't think electricians make as much in the states, right?

I've always pictured moving to some (north) border state in the middle of nowhere if I was to ever leave Canada, but not fucking California. I've looked at the demographics and just looks like Toronto: the state.
>>
>>135295474
Even considering the people outside of urban areas are alright, you're still bound by commiefornia law so it sucks
>>
>>135295652
yea from what i see the gun laws look basically Canadian. not familiar with much else
>>
>>135295474
Did Justin take the Bogpill?
>>
>>135295474
You can Google exactly what an electrician makes in the zipcode you're thinking about. Union or not. You can make the same wage, but it's related to you passing state/jounrneyman/ master licencing requirements.
California is a shit hole, with some of the highest cost of living and highest taxes in the US. 4 of the 10 most expensive places to live are in California. Cops don't do their jobs. It has the most corruption in all of the us, in politics.
Try it. You'll find out I'm not lying. The country (outside the city) is beautiful. The land is poisoned by the ass hats who live there.
>>
>>135296617
it certainly does look beautiful, yes. Toronto cost of living is pretty substantial as well so I guess that wouldnt be a crazy shock
>>
>>135297164
Your job will transfer easily. We use 60 Hz and you use 50 Hz, it's almost the same. Pulling wire, etc won't change. Your wage will dip some, but your tax rate is less than Canada, even in CA. Just get a current copy of the NEC and take a few pratice tests online. each tests costs about $300 to take (near me).
California is a shit hole, but you might as will get the first hand knowledge, I did.
Good luck maple neighbor.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.