[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Trump Start A Coup?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: de3bbed9.palacioBombing_800x554.jpg (81KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
de3bbed9.palacioBombing_800x554.jpg
81KB, 800x554px
So redpill me on this /pol/.
Could Donald Trump in theory use his power as the commander-in-chief to posses full control of the whole U.S. Government?

Could he go the route of Augusto Pinochet and pull off a similar stunt where he could obtain absolute power over the whole nation though a military coup?

Do correct me if I'm wrong and tell me why.But if you think he could pull off something like this then explain why it could happen.

Give your thoughts /pol/.
>>
>>135258136
I wish. I'd volunteer to BTFO the deep state.
>>
>>135258236
But do you think he could do it?
>>
>>135258136
>cant pass bills
>muh rebbolooshin
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eTucCw1w6Ak
>>
>>135258136
No chance they have too many agents close to Trump heart attack dart his ass before he could do anything
>>
No because the Army pledges to protect the constitution and would not follow such an order from Trump.
>>
>>135258360
Maybe so.
But given his unpredictability anything can happen.
>>
>>135258406
They still have to answer to the president though.
>>
>>135258406
Every soldier have to say : "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic".

That means Trump would be immediately taken out of power.
>>
>>135258692
There's also the question about how loyal they are to the constitution.

I mean recently they arrested a solider in Hawaii for having ties to ISIS so for all we know there could be plenty of splinter cells within our military that want to do something different.

I mean it's one thing to put your hand on a bible and swear that you will do this or that but at the end of the day the individual has their own thoughts, feelings, and sometimes a hidden agenda.
>>
>>135258692
>>135258406
This, you can't bribe soldiers by increasing their budget by trillions of dollars. The moment Trump tries a power play the generals and soldiers will turn on him.

He might have some loyal pocket of soliders but they'll get their shit stuffed immediately along with any militia stupid enough to think that this is going to lead to the 2nd American Revolution that they pine for and jump in to support Trump.

The fact Trump is already pushing the power of the presidency and Constitution to the breaking point doesn't bode well for him. Especially with his attempts to drive out Sessions when it's obvious his objective is to appoint a pawn to fire Robert Mueller because Trump is scared shitless about his financial ties to Russia being exposed.

It should be fun to see if Trump attempts to start a war as a means of last resort to try and deflect from his own criminal acts and if the Generals ignore his orders. Nixon's Sec of Def worried about Nixon doing that at the height of watergate and order the generals to refuse any orders by Nixon because he was that worried.
>>
>>135259329
Maybe so.
But you also have to acknowledge if they can get something out of it then loyalty is nothing. I mean if Donald Trump were to bribe the generals with family welfare and will pardon them from any crimes and they and their families would receive full diplomatic protection in the aftermath then what do they got to lose?

And given Donald Trump's recent behavior I get the feeling something like this may happen soon and will probably do what Richard Nixon never had the balls to do before he resigned.
>>
>>135259907
The problem is most military officials will not be swayed by mere money, and seeing as Trump is going to be in violation of the Constitution by attempting a coup and becoming a dictator, saying he'll pardon them for any crimes means just as much as a diploma from Trump University.

There are many things Trump can try to do. A successful coup that is supported by a majority of the military is not one of them. Especially if he orders troops to attack US citizens.

Trump starting a war against North Korea, Iran, or Invading Syrai strictly to distract people is much, MUCH more likely to occur.
>>
>>135260364
I guess we'll find out what happens next.
Honestly everything is getting too weird even for me.
>>
>>135258136
No.
If you are asking this question in earnest then you need to learn more about the US government.

Any action to do so would require passage of a bill which would make it so.
Any bill attempting to do so would be killed before it even reached the floor.
>>
>>135260558
But I'm not asking about how a bill becomes law.
I'm just asking if its even possible for the president to pull off a stunt like this as commander-in-chief.
>>
>>135258136
He could do a self-coup but idk how possible that is.
He can't do a military coup though since he is in power.
>>
>>135259329
>forgetting Donald trump went to a military academy throughout his entire education
>>
I can't imagine enough citizens and soldiers supporting a top-down revolution. It's not our way - historically.
You'd have an easier time getting the people angry enough to turn on Washington with much more than just ballots.
It would be fun to watch, but we have to file that in the fan-fiction section.
>>
>>135260912
There is no mechanism for this to happen within our government.
So, no, it is not possible.

I don't think you are grasping how ingrained our governments structure is in the minds of our citizens. It is our countries entire history, and all things considered, it has worked wonders. It made us the powerhouse we are today. People would not abandon that because Trump threw a yet another temper tantrum.
>>
>>135258136

For what purpose?
>>
>>135261008
As the president Donald Trump is the commander-in-chief meaning the military is his domain and has almost absolute control over it.

If he could do it it may be possible for him to pull off a stunt like this.
>>
File: Tmy6G48.jpg (66KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Tmy6G48.jpg
66KB, 720x960px
the the cult of shitty grammar asks a question the answer is always sage and hide
>>
>>135261168
He is so universally despised at the moment that if he were to pull out something of that kind he'd get lynched
>>
>>135261490
Though at least you can't say he didn't do it for the lulz if he does goes with this.
>>
>>135258136
Yes and no.
The whole U.S. Government is already ultimately beholden to One. So too is Donald. Codifying the God Emperor is really nothing more than a formality and show for the transition for the TRUE deep state to take overt control after getting rid of the parasitic would-be usurpers who did try to coup the One, the ones you think of as the deep state aka the cabal.
Additionally, Donald is not the only leader who is loyal to the One instead of the cabal, but he is the One's chosen champion to rally the people and lead the charge.
>>
File: hillary lost get over it.jpg (317KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hillary lost get over it.jpg
317KB, 1920x1080px
>>135258136
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.