[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Diversity is our strength Is this just a dogma or is there

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: B599_DiversityIsOurStrength.png (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
B599_DiversityIsOurStrength.png
31KB, 250x250px
>Diversity is our strength
Is this just a dogma or is there real evidence to say such thing
Consider the following...
South America is very diverse, but still corruption and lack of ethics is rampant in society and in politicians. How is diversity helping South America in any way?
>>
>>135244998
https://www.quora.com/In-what-way-is-diversity-a-strength
The primary advantage of diversity is that it gives flexibility. A diverse group is better at handling a variety of complex challenges than a homogeneous one is; quite simply because the latter group are similar to each other, so what is a weak point for one of them, is likely to be a weak point for all of them.

If you are solving a simple well-defined task, then it’s pretty common that a homogeneous group of people well-equipped for that task will perform best. If we are talking about a rope-pulling competition; then a group composed solely of young adult men over 6 feet tall who spent the last 5 years primarily on training strength, are going to win over a group that is more diverse in age, gender, body-size, qualifications and other characteristics.

For more complex tasks, you need more different people. If you are trying to build and operate a hospital, then trying to do so with the aforementioned group of muscled but otherwise unqualified guys isn’t going to work particularly well. Nor is it going to work with any other group of identical people. You need 20 different skill-sets to build the hospital, and 50 different skill-sets to operate it. It doesn’t help you to have a thousand plumbers, when what you need is 1000 people with 100 different educations and backgrounds.
But complex as it is, even something like a hospital is a simple system compared to the biggest and most complex system of them all: the one we call simply “society”. In society, running hospitals effectively, complex as it is, is nevertheless just one small cogwheel in a much larger system.

Mental gymnastics that I found
>>
>>135245310
A larger diversity of backgrounds, skills, histories, talents and indeed even genetics themselves makes us better equipped to deal with complex and unexpected problems, because it gives us good odds that at a minimum some of us will be well-equipped for handling whatever challenge we’re facing.

This isn’t true only for human societies, it’s true in general. Plant a single homogeneous crop all over your farm; and a single plant-disease, pest or natural disaster can easily wipe out your entire crop. Plant a large variety of highly diverse plants, and the odds that any single problem could wipe out your entire crop goes down.
>>
File: i223.jpg (39KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
i223.jpg
39KB, 768x432px
>If you are trying to build and operate a hospital
mudslimes don't build hospitals, they just fill them up.
Diversity of skills is completely different to the kind of diversity you mean.
and you know it.
>>
>>135245376
Can you prove that objectively? Like do you have comparisons of homogenous societies and heterogenous societies confronting the same dilemma while living under similar conditions?
>>
>>135244998
it's strength, but for politicians and all those richfags in gated communities and, for limited time, minorities
everyone else, especially white normal heterosexual man are not eligible for 'stregth'
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.