[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck Musk

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: muskt.jpg (147KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
muskt.jpg
147KB, 1200x900px
Elon BTFO by Rodney Brooks. Why do people take him seriously? He is so full of shit.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/19/this-famous-roboticist-doesnt-think-elon-musk-understands-ai/
>>
Starts around 4:30
>>
Isnt Elon Musk just a clever business man and financer of projects? I think he also has no specific knowledge about rocket science, hyerloop trains, eletric cars... etc. He hires people to do the thinking for him.
>>
>>135243572
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQXqeWKY2Fc&t=3s

He should hire thunderfoot
>>
>>135243920
That would be counter productive. If you surround yourself with pessimists and nay sayers, nothing will ever be possible and we would have no progress.
>>
There a difference though between forward thinking and full of shit
>>
>>135246637
Only time will tell whether he was full of shit or not. So far his projects have been quite succesful.
>>
he's not even a good businessman his businesses are actually hemorrhaging money
and he treats his employees like shit
>>
>>135245928
It's not like thunder didn't do the math. He's a realist.
>>
>>135247212
Seems like he has enough money to do what he wants though. Let each person waste his wealth as he sees fit. Why should we care.
>>
>>135243170
>roboticist
what does that have to do with AI?
>>
>>135247361
A realist probably think twice before bashing experimental tests as though they were the real thing. The kittyhawk event refered to in that video was a flight of what, 3 meters? I dont know if you've ever flown but planes do go a bit further than that these days.
>>
>>135243170
Elon wants AI regulated because in its current state driverless cars don't work with human drivers on the road because humans drivers do not "think" the way AI thinks. If they regulate AI and force all cars to be driven by AI he makes billions. The man can't make money unless he is given billions from t he government. He just wants to take your tax money and put it into his pocket by having the government force you to buy his cars.
>>
>>135247433
sorry that was meant in reply to >>135243572
>>
>>135247433
Because the "profits" he makes are incredibly subsidized. "His" money is mainly tax money, so its actually my money.
>>
>>135248270
So you are actually contributing to progress. Good for you!
>>
>>135248430
Except all his businesses are burning through their cash. So, no I'm not contributing to anything. I'm contributing to a guy who likes to throw cash in the trash.
>>
>>135248565
cash and human lives in the trash
so he can get hairplugs and date blonde bimbo starlets
>>
>>135248204
Eh. If the AI cars save lives, fuck it. 38,000 Americans die every year in car crashes, and far more are injured for life. It's outrageous. Cut it half, cut it by a third, and over the years the sheer amount of suffering averted is unimaginable.

If he can pull it off, let him make his money.
>>
>>135248565
I dont agree that its "cash in the trash". All of his projects are good investments for a better(cleaner) future.
>>
>>135248866
like fuckerberg, he wants humanity crammed into urban centers with their brains jacked into a computer. while a dystopian cyberpunk future (but with a high GDP!) looks cool from the outside, I wouldn't want to live in it
>>
>>135249847
I thought we were talking about Elon Musk here.
>>
>>135248270
He's lifting satellites for Facebook and shit. Nasa has no capsules for putting men in orbit but can still launch a bunch of machinery if they want to.
>>
>>135243170
whoever this '''expert''' is, he's a retard that assumes that AI will not develop further
>>
TSLA bubble stock burst when?

Also thread video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7FuAswPW0
>>
>>135252448
>man creates Artificial Intelligence.
>man teaches AI to learn.
>man releases AI into the world and expects it to remain a constant, ever faithful servant.
>???
>Everyone dies.
>>
>>135248270
>>135250067
Daily reminder that SpaceX is nothing more but a NASA daughter company

>Know-how from NASA
>Tech from NASA
>Most top engineers pretty much from NASA
>Financial source the same as NASA
>>
File: ai.png (1MB, 1089x1502px) Image search: [Google]
ai.png
1MB, 1089x1502px
Do you really think it is a coincidence everyone fears AI?Really?
>>
>>135243920
Lol I bet you believe thundercuck about global warming too.

Also it's not like elon musk employs hundreds of the best mechanical engineers, rocket scientists and and physicists.

But I'm sure a nuclear physicist/e-celeb is right and the guys who routinely land rockets from the edge of space are talking out of their assess.
>>
>>135247729
Don't worry we'll get our hyperloops right after cold fusion, in the next 10 years™ !
>>
>>135253236
We're colonising the freaking Mars, omg MUSKKKK
>>
>>135253236
So according to you running a train in a vacuum is only theoretically possible?

Think before you post so u can spare the rest of us from Ur stupidity
>>
File: op.png (871KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
op.png
871KB, 800x578px
>>135243170
He didn't get to where he is by worrying about his critics, let alone a bunch of introverted autist failures on /pol/.
>>
>>135253639
That wasn't my point and you know it meme flagger.
>>
File: 1331554915007.jpg (2KB, 109x127px) Image search: [Google]
1331554915007.jpg
2KB, 109x127px
>>135243170

Of course he doesn't.

Only retards on this site actually think he's "genius" level. He's a fucking beta mong who is an tech enthusiast with a shit load of money stumbled upon on.

People say otherwise are fucking cringeworthy liberal garbage.
>>
>>135253666
>for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7FuAswPW0

>>135253639
>it can be done so it must be great huhu
Well so is the battery tech that hasn't been improved since the introduction in 20th century

So is biofuel, and other meme stuff that leftists jump on as their savior to the evil fossils

Nevermind the fact that none of them are sustainable, the costs exceed the revenue by a mile and the actual drawbacks of pollution on them is even higher than the fossil ones

Why am I linking these examples? To point out that as with other joke projects to shill out leftist gov gibsmedats and donations from millenials, Hyperloop tech isn't effective, prone to disaster, people just can't comprehend the costs, time and manpower that would arise from a unneeded project, better just build MagLev trains you idiots.
>>
>>135248204
hello established shill. I know oldmoney hates newmoney, but you fuckwits are wasting cash on trying to smear Musk. He is winning because we hate you.
>>
>>135254304
bad bait bad baby
>>
>>135248204
AI doesn't think, it simply has a finite amount of processes that are written as code. It literally can't do anything it hasn't been programmed to do.
>>
>>135253639
Every idiot with a .22 rifle says you're not going to build a tube from NYC to Washington and then pull a vacuum on it.
>>
>>135254452
I think that's the core of the big disagreement when discussing AI: There's the people talking about AI as it actually works today (basically really fancy but unthinking automation), and then there's people talking about the sci fi version (magical AGI with consciousness that can do anything). Of course the two camps don't agree how to deal with AI.
>>
>>135243170
>(((roboticist)))
>>
File: 1500350095837.png (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500350095837.png
28KB, 500x500px
>>135252988
>this flag
>uses appeal to authority
>mfw
>>
>>135254452
>>135254772

Exactly. It pisses me off when some researcher says to a journalist "and then it learned something unexpected!!! And we all wet our pants!".

It will be AI when the machine wins a GO match and then says "you know what, I think I'll write a poem about this".

There was a recent pants wetting article about how so-and-so's computer was using AI to write better AI than the original program. Oh really? Why not let the computer keep on going and just sit back? Cloud source a few billion computers to help. Shit, within a week we would have cured cancer and developed time travel.
>>
>>135248270
Why do some people such a massive hate boner for Musk?
>>
>>135256764
Well, he's in the alarmist camp, which is dominated by people who don't work with machine learning and the like. I imagine it's a bit like medical researchers and anti-vaxxers.
>>
>>135256764

A lot of it is jealousy. He has lived a charmed life that lots of us would love to have lived.

I don't begrudge him his amazing success with PayPal, Tesla, SpaceX, etc., but I do scoff at his ridiculous statements like "there's a 99% probability that we are living in a computer simulation". Utter hogwash, but because it's Musk, it's treated seriously. People should be forced to read The Emperor's New Clothes over and over until the message sinks in.
>>
>>135254661
what's stopping the guy from shooting a normal transman and derail tran and make people die when multitrack? Maybe plane too because can't fly without pilots. Many things you can shoot with rifle like pipelines as well.
>>
>>135256764
He's a successful businessman and I respect his passion about what he does, but nothing more than that, he's no inventor, "Ironman", savior of the future and what not people try to paint him has

Just a few weeks ago he unleashed a buttblasted rant about Trump on leaving the Paris deal, spewing muh global warming and "end of world"-esque bullshit, never mind that it all is a facade for him actually being buttblasted for having less gibsmedats, it's hypocrisy at it's finest
>>
>>135243170
>Rodney Brooks

He only knows about present day AI, and it's also in his own economic interest to downplay any dangers.
>>
>>135258005
>He only knows about present day AI
Which is the only relevant AI. The other stuff (general super intelligence able to freely modify itself and doing anythng) is purely fictional and might well be impossible.
What's next, are we supposed to start regulating the use of FTL travel to prevent Warp entities attacking the Earth?
>>
>>135258005
>to downplay any dangers.

what dangers do you have in mind? are the bad computers going to take over a toyota factory and secretly start building killer robots?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.