[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody "deserves" healthcare

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (70KB, 276x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 276x413px
I'm just gonna come out and say it. The reason healthcare costs are astronomical is the same reason higher education and to a lesser extent housing are astronomical.
When you get the government involved subsidizing the demand side (as opposed to supply side) of things, guess what, the demand goes up.
When the government hands out student loans that any moron can get based on the current cost of college, you establish a price floor while raising demand. This, the cost of college naturally rises, the government then has to adjust upward the amount of the loans they give out, and it snowballs. The same applies to healthcare. When the old get Medicare and the poor get Medicaid, a price floor is established while increasing demand.
Just like there are some people who shouldn't go to college, there are people who shouldn't get healthcare. This may sound selfish but continuing down this path of demand side subsidy is ruining everything for everyone and will culminate in an eventual total collapse.

There are just some people who will have to suffer and yes, die. Tough shit. Life isn't fair.
>>
File: capitalcucks.jpg (220KB, 859x597px) Image search: [Google]
capitalcucks.jpg
220KB, 859x597px
>>135237910
Cuck.
>>
>>135237910
>Nobody "deserves" healthcare
I don't agree with that but it doesn't matter. Hospitals treat everyone that need it even if they can't pay. Everyone ends up paying for it, it ends up being more expensive and it overwhelms the emergency system.
Either make sure everyone can get affordable insurance (and a better job market would help for that) or switch to a single payer system. Just make sure it fucking works. Just letting people die off in the streets isn't something the majority of the population is ever going to be OK with.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 390x286px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 390x286px
>>135238311
Thanks for the bump and the (you), fag
>>
>>135237910
only problem is you can't say shit like "nobody deserves healthcare" and then shit on niggers and other criminals for resorting to the only way they know how to make money. If you're going to set up a darwinian system don't be surprised if people act like animals to survive. Nat soc is objectively a better system than your lolbertarian dystopia.
>>
>>135238470
Here in America we also don't like being told what to do. When you have single payer every potential decision you make could have a negative impact on your health and safety and therefore ends up costing the government money. Thus the government could justify regulating every single part of your life, your hobbies, and your possessions and what you do with them. Any action you took under your own free will that would otherwise only hurt yourself, now hurts everyone.
>>
>>135238902
Yes because that's exactly what happened before The Great Society isn't it?
>>
>>135239499
Oh wait I forgot, niggers are even more niggerish today than they've ever been. Objectively, people and niggers act more like animals today than they did in the 1950's
>>
>>135239339
I get those ideals. It's definitively possible to have good healthcare for most people with a private insurance system. There could be a separate system for the poor. What killed it is unemployment, abuse (dumping the expenses on everyone else in an uncontrolled manner) and corruption.
You know people naturally tend to try to avoid injuring themselves though right? Because even if you get healthcare for it it kind of sucks. If people abuse the system there could be fines or whatever.
I don't see it as a bad thing at all that keeping people healthy would be in the best interest of the government though. Right now there are forces trying to make people unhealthy to increase healthcare consumption and make more money out of it.
And yeah, they are already trying to take control of people's lives. That'd be one more motivation for it. That's something people would have to keep on fighting. Right now the main thing slowly turning people into slaves is lack of *real* economic freedom. Too much renting, not enough owning, people living paychecks to paychecks, terrified of losing the job they hate, terrified of getting sick and not being able to afford healthcare. For many, this is slavery. There might be worse to come, but right now that's what needs fixing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.