[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arguments for marriage?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1495240024690.jpg (185KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495240024690.jpg
185KB, 600x450px
I'm dealing with a female shitlib normie who is arguing that monogamous relationships and traditional marriage are outdated, serve no purpose, etc. I'm looking for some sources/ammo to help argue this.

Her arguments:
>Marriage is on the decline/divorce up because people are realizing its not a good system
>Marriage/monogamy are risky because you put all your eggs in 1 basket. Better to have more partners so that even if 1 leaves, you aren't alone
>Marriage may matter for children, but I don't want those
>The last 10 men left me, I can't trust anyone

My arguments:
>Marriage is the bedrock of civilization and the wellspring of all social stability
>People's ability to pairbond declines the more partners they have. Marry young and for life.
>Marriage forces people to grow and learn to live with each other rather than always kicking the can on growing up by finding more partners
>The point of sex should be to bond with someone you are building your life around, not as just another recreational acitvity

Her arguments are from her personal experiences and peer culture. Mine are from a larger scale understanding of civilization, culture, and biology. So of course mine aren't going to appeal to her, and we all know she's wrong and an idiot. So I'm looking for arguments that can get to her, especially on an emotional level. And more importantly, get to the other friends of ours that have seen this argument (because of course, I won't change HER mind, she's a shitlib.)

(And yes I am autistic.)
>>
>>135208111

The alternatives are far worse.

People who are married live longer, happier lives.

Both my uncles are unmarried. They're the saddest pieces of shit I've ever met. They're tired, old, depressed, obese, and just don't care much about anything.
>>
The main reason they got married in the past were alliances between families, money and protection.
The first is no longer a thing in modern society and the state provides the other two. Women get everything they need without having to get into a contract with any man since the state forces all men to provide for all women with zero benefits. She's right in a way and there's no changing it unless some major movement forms counter to everything.
>>
File: 1497756417055.png (89KB, 363x475px) Image search: [Google]
1497756417055.png
89KB, 363x475px
>>135208668
Financial stuff is certainly a issue, but not actually what we were arguing about. We were more focused on the mental, romantic, and even spiritual side of things.
>>
File: IMG_1433.jpg (113KB, 663x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1433.jpg
113KB, 663x661px
>>135208111
Marriage is the intertwining of two souls, two individuals become one and act as one. Once joined, they create new life, and live for one another alone. It is the most meaningful relationship one can have with another human being.

But of course, this sad and pitiful women you encountered will never realize this, nor will she ever be able to attain this kind of relationship.
In my eyes, she is quite literally worthless, just an entity, a piece of meat.
>>
>Marriage is on the decline/divorce up because people are realizing its not a good system

oh yeah, the good ol' statistics that came out of the ass

my recomendation, don't waste your time with degenerated people.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.