[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digital Culture - The Rise of Identity Seeking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 333.png (498KB, 322x631px) Image search: [Google]
333.png
498KB, 322x631px
>Digital Culture - The Rise of Identity Seeking

The internet is a recent development in human history. The social effects and consequences are a new area that requires a deeper understanding about. The recent rise in nationalism and focus on physical appearances as an identity (ie: skin color, or sexual orientation) may be linked to the addition of a new form of culture in civilization: Digital Culture.
>Examples of digital culture include communities such as Twitch, Call of Duty, and even 4chan.
People are influenced by the digital cultures they partake in. 200 years ago, an individual would be effected by their local community, and those growing up in the same city would feel a sense of a shared culture.
>>
Today we have 100's of cultures participating in 1,000's of digital cultures online. The sense of a shared community on a local level is just not as strong as it used to be. The shared belief structure we once benefited from, such as Christian values in the west, now seems fractured in comparison.
What we are left with, is a void where something once was. An unconscious desire to find comfort in belonging to a group we identify with, since we lack the feeling of belonging in our own communities.
>>
/pol/ style libertarians, the neomodernist kind that wants to become beyond being describable by single words, seek anonymity entirely to remain pure and clean from identarian politics. It's when people fly Nazi flags do we get a bad name.
>>
>>135202184
oh, you mean like /pol/
>>
>>135202645
Occasionally I find a /pol bro here that really gets me. Who I really am in my heart, family.

What's your point OP? You want to become a father?
>>
>>135203397
Yes /pol/ is an example of a digital culture. If you were to meet up with individuals in your community that also visit /pol/ you would feel a closer connection to them because of the shared culture.
>>
>>135203803
I am attempting to find a deeper understanding about how the world is evolving the way it is. One of the areas involves the rise in nationalism/identity. To solve a problem, you must first understand it, or else you will not understand the solution.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.