[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we really anonymous on 4chan?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

File: pizzagate-gunman.png (2MB, 2500x2509px) Image search: [Google]
pizzagate-gunman.png
2MB, 2500x2509px
Just curious. Does that mean that 4chan does not keep IP logs of users who visit the site? Do we have proof of that or are we just going on their word? Also what's to stop ISPs from monitoring users who visit and post on 4chan, those GET requests still have to go through their DNS servers. Not trying to cast doubt just wondering what 4chan means when they say they are anonymous msgbrd.
>>
>>135057266
youre anonymous to other users only
>>
File: 1sz8rt copy.jpg (37KB, 640x378px) Image search: [Google]
1sz8rt copy.jpg
37KB, 640x378px
>>135057266
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>135057266
>>135057496
>>
>>135057266
No true anonymity here. 4chan maintains logs for legal purposes. Look up the murderers and pedos who have posted their victims and shit on old /b/. 4chan surrenders their data to law enforcement every time.
>>
File: 7a4.png (171KB, 450x290px) Image search: [Google]
7a4.png
171KB, 450x290px
>>135057550
>>
Anonymity between peers for equal discussion is an important part of the culture. It's not about hiding from .gov
>>
File: 1sz86u.jpg (62KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
1sz86u.jpg
62KB, 500x633px
>>135057579
>>
>>135057369
Aren't we all anonymous to other users on the internet though?
>>
File: 1sz7si.jpg (94KB, 500x754px) Image search: [Google]
1sz7si.jpg
94KB, 500x754px
>>135057603
>>
File: 1sz7y3.jpg (71KB, 396x431px) Image search: [Google]
1sz7y3.jpg
71KB, 396x431px
>>
File: 1sz7mn.jpg (64KB, 466x432px) Image search: [Google]
1sz7mn.jpg
64KB, 466x432px
>>135057669
>>
>>135057266
no Brian, you're not anonymous
>>
>>135057266
You aren't anonymous anyplace, because all your electronic activity is collected through the telecom infrastructure, and also Google.
>>
>>135057587

this

All forms of communication online are monitored. Every single click you make on your computer is stored somewhere.
>>
>>135057755
Name a site where we are not anonymous. I'm not talking about FB and Twatter that require a phone number. I'm talking about real sites. What is a site that another user can find out who you are?
>>
>>135057266
Pretty much. The amount of packages generated by your modem is insane. Its only if you're a pedo or a selling drugs on the dark web they will make an attempt to trace you. They constantly have cops their to help abused kids. Download wireshark and you can see the amount generated. If you are super paranoid looking into encryption, TailsOS and creating VPN's with raspberry pi's. Its not illegal to look it up.
>>
File: 6cf.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
6cf.png
361KB, 858x725px
>>135057755
run senpai!!!
>>
>>135057266
We know you're here, Brian.
>>
>>135058030
DarkWeb will obfuscate your ip address enough. Their is not enough resources to police the internet. Its like the Post. It would shut down or become inefficient if you implemented that amount of oversight
>>
>>135058371
Exit nodes are all compromised though
>>
Calling it "anonymous" just because nobody uses a login is a stupid and dangerous misnomer that's all. Just admit it an move on.
>>
>>135057266
Not really, anybody could find your ip address through your posts if they really wanted to. We're only anonymous in that most of the people here don't immediately have an identifier.
>>
>>135058009
>Please only argue within arbitrary boundaries that only make sense to support my stupid position
>Please ignore done of the largest social media sites in the world because I've decided they're "not real"

faggot
>>
>>135058767
Anybody? No. How can they do that, bribe my ISP, what secret weapon does "anybody" have at their disposal to find out who I am.
>>
>>135058767
With that being said, only someone with autism or government funding would bother logging the origin of every post on this site.
>>
>>135058958
Haha whatever dude. People are claiming anybody can be found out by posting on any site, please exaplain how that is possible. Just explain how, that's all.
>>
if you post from your home, you're not anonymous. if you post from a computer you use regularly that fits into your lifestyle, you're not anonymous.

the only potential you have to be anonymous is to use a device to communicate with the internet that does not every communicate with the internet from places you frequent that aren't 100% public, and that cannot be corroborated with your location via monitoring devices such as your cell phone & internet-connected public monitoring devices (ie cameras).
>>
>>135059074
Was never really big on technical stuff, you'd have to ask /g/ how it's done.
>>
>>135059074
>>135059092
The West weighs the benefits of a free society with the trash it entails. You get innovation and cultural advance in exchange for pedos on the web and Flat earth deniers. You would destroy the internet by trying to control it. Thats why its important to try protect if from fuckers like Mark Zuckerburg or Elon Musk
>>
>>135059369
Yeah that is exactly my point. Calling it anonymous is a psyop.
>>
>>135059545
can't wait for our robo-overlords to take over. then we will finally be all equal in our opression
>>
4chan is no more anonymous than any other site on the net.
>>
>>135059701
overtly, the use of 'anonymous' on 4chan is related to the lack of identifying monikers being required to submit posts. whether or not it's a psyop term is beyond me, but it's entirely possible (and, i think, probable) that 4chan is a honeypot type situation.
>>
File: falseflag.png (196KB, 1033x430px) Image search: [Google]
falseflag.png
196KB, 1033x430px
>>135057266
this is disinfo. The only damning things about Edgar Maddison welch was his fucking IMDB page, hit and run from a few weeks earlier, his connection to haiti, and his father. This rest of this shit in the infograph is disinfo meant to muddy the waters and make CT's look stupid. This is the same tactic they used for Sandyhook when they made dumbass memes about tony hawk being a crisis actor. Kys for this shit.

pic related is /pol/ predicting the attack before it happened
>>
>>135057266
You're not.

Best way to be anonymous is to have an entirely different setup for shitposting.

>buy disposable computer, chink tablet, phone or raspberry pi paid cash in least traceable way
>disable and sabotage everything but basic internet access: screen, keyboard, wifi/usb for external wifi
>keep entirely separate from any other device, don't use it at home, don't take it with you outside along with anything other than your door key, drop phone, rfid cards and any other device, don't connect it to any known device whether physically or wirelessly
>keep in Faraday cage with battery removed when not in use, old microwave oven does the trick
>use free wifi only, pirate local wifi, learn how to route your traffic around so you can bounce around some pirated nodes, then go over tor, eventually end with a vpn paid cash
>use high powered wifi receiver with good antenna, stay far from your entry wifi point, don't stand around awkwardly in starbucks under cameras
>use a push/pull approach, either download data or send some, either load threads or send your posts, disconnect in between so you're not continuously connected
>don't connect to websites you frequent regularly, don't talk about you, don't reveal your interests to Google, don't reuse accounts you created befkrr
>destroy at the slightest suspicion, then start over again from scratch, including pirating wifi networks,

Not practical, not comfy, possibly expensive, but this is the only way you're being anonymous.
>>
>>135059777
People overestimate AI. AI is so far from being ready is laughable. Someone reads that chess is conquered by AI and freak out.. Not knowing Computers have very little intrinsic skill. Let two machines play and it could take 500 turns for one to win. A chess grand-master 50. Until machines begin to approach the complexity we see in nature we will always be ahead.
>>
>>135060165
Thanks. You're right I need to get some more accurate stuff on this guy.
>>
>>135060248
AI will free out minds for boring repetitive tasks the same way the industrial loom and the spinning jenny did in Victorian times. This is the Second Industrial Revolution make no mistake.
>>
>>135060248
I know, I was joking, That's my to-go answer to commies. If they want communism that much, they should bring me my robots
>>
>>135059357
Numerous people have been linked to Reddit accounts by their email addresses and other details. Seth Rich and that DNC IT guy who asked for advice about server bleaching or whatever.
>>
>>135060398
did u make that meme yourself?
>>
>>135060398
No I found it on here when it happened, put it up in light of what's going on with Awan Bros. I put it up because I noticed pol pretty much stopped talking about this guy.
>>
>>135057689
I rarely post but havent laughed so hard in a while. Thx Anon
>>
>>135060543
That's true but those people are idiots. Who cares if they didn't take necessary precautions. That's their fuckup not indicative that those sites are somehow flawed.
>>
>>135061131
well reddit is probably flawed, but you know what I mean- flawed from a security perspective.
>>
>>135060135
I think Chris was just having fun in the beginning. But given who owns the site now, what he's done in the past with 2ch, and that shit he pulled with that cookie that tracked posts across boards, I wouldn't doubt if it is now.
>>
>>135057266

No one is anonymous unless they're using really obscure proxies that fly under the radar.

But you're not being monitored in real-time. What happens is, if they ever want to get dirt on you, they can go back and find pretty much anything you ever did online. If they ever suspect you and want to pay closer attention to your doings, they CAN monitor in real-time. But just being a fat retard and posting "gas the kikes" on /pol/ isn't going to raise their interest.
>>
>>135061719

And if you're doing something that raises that much suspicion and interest and you're on here or anywhere else, you're fucked anyway. So yay.
>>
Do mods become mods to stalk people?
>>
>>135061305
No I don't know what you mean. Given how fast you're shifting the goalposts around I don't believe you know what you mean either. What's your point?
>>
>>135057266
If you love with others it's hard to prove who's typing. If your on a device that's not registered with your name and you access a Wi-Fi you can bet they can see the ip and maybe even the device but unless they catch you literally typing shit it's tough to find out it's Alfred from the Home Depot making anti semetic remarks.
>>
File: fft99_mf4100102.jpg (40KB, 606x340px) Image search: [Google]
fft99_mf4100102.jpg
40KB, 606x340px
>>135057266
I thought it was common knowledge that this is just a honeypot site?
>>
>>135057266
you aren't anonymous anywhere anymore.
The government watches you pleasure yourself with the wifi routers as radar and 3d modelling.
>>
You might be anonymous if you had a rando device not connected to you or anyone you know and arent on camera stealing it, and access a public wifi hundreds of km from your house while not being seen on camera or your cell pinging a tower, and you used 7 proxys in counties hostile to 5 eyes, and visited a website youve never even googled, and nobody saw you or your car and you burned the device and never went there again.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.