[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK to ban fossil fuel cars by 2040

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Sorry, Brits, but I am not buying this. If you had said 2025 or 2030, fine, I would believe you, but 2040? That's just too far out, nobody cares about 2040. You might have another 3 or 4 Brexit referendums by then and as an EU member you have no say over which cars drive over your streets anyway.
>>
>>134989189
tru

Are they already backpedaling from Agenda 2030?
>>
So back to horses and carriages? You guys really do care about climate change
>>
>>134989633
It is just the Brits being faggots. Germany wants to continue burning that nice diesels until at least 2100.
>>
>>134989189
The 2040 is what actually makes it believable.
2025 or 2030 is too short for a complete production stop of cars running on fossil fuels. You can't just refit your whole infrastructure for ecars in a couple years - both for manufacturing and new service stations. You also need a source of electricity that is not just fossil fuel power plants, or all you do is add another step in the conversion chain which just lowers the efficiency.

On top of that, it is likely that switching to ecars will drastically reduce the number of jobs in that field unless the production of batteries and so on is brought to your own country. They require less assembly.
>>
File: qsXFj.jpg (48KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
qsXFj.jpg
48KB, 500x451px
>>134990524
>switching to ecars
Anon, the plan is not to switch. The plan is to eliminate cars for the masses.
>>
File: 003.png (76KB, 460x568px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
76KB, 460x568px
>>134989189
Reward those who embrace the botnet cars and punish those who don't
>>
>>134990678
Any source to support that claim? I know Greens keep spouting that retarded shit, but that's also one of the reasons they'll forever remain a fringe party.

As far as I can tell, they want ecars because it makes them completely independent from any specific energy source. Electricity is always the same, no matter from what source you produce it. Makes your market way less vulnerable when it doesn't rely on one specific resource to keep it running anymore.
>>
>>134990906
UN Agenda 21, now Agenda 2030. ecars are just a phase to make people accept the switchover and not panic while transferring money over to technologies hoped to be useful in the future.

Meanwhile, the cities meant to be nigger cattle herding zones are having old parts knocked down (regentrification) with high density housing put up and no possible way for vehicular traffic to keep up with it. That's why the ground floor (or sometimes more) is commercial zoning so that people won't need cars, and why they won't want cars because traffic sucks anyway, there's nowhere to park, it's expensive, and why not just rent a taxi or an uber or whatever.

Part of the LEED program when you build a new building is that you get magic greenie points if you reduce the available number of parking spots. This is meant to cause fewer people to want to drive in order to reduce the carbon footprint. Reassigning some to electric-only with free recharging also gets you more points. Free money if you do this.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.