[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we witnessing a political tragedy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: president trump.jpg (26KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
president trump.jpg
26KB, 451x451px
Why would Trump leave the Paris climate agreement? It's a political landmine because it's so easy for everyone to use it against him. While it gives him some rep with some republicans, he loses much more overall.
People LOVE feeling good about "saving earth" just like being "for women" or "for equality". In absence of a personal ideology they pick up the easiest way to feel good about themselves and better than others.
Trump is old enough to know this and that he had more to gain by not doing anything about it. Think of it, which career politician would dare to exit a climate agreement?
Doesn't it make it obvious that the only reason he's doing it is because he wants the country to prosper? That at the very least he truly believes in republican values?

Isn't it a tragedy? That an obviously truly opinionated and passionate man is president of the United States and so many of his own countrymen treat him like a pariah? A madman? When will another man like him win the presidency? 20 years from now? A century?
And if it's a tragedy, shouldn't we treat it as such? Support might not be enough. Memes might not be enough. Anonymity might not be enough.
I'm the last person who'd want to post in a honeypot, but i believe most of us understand that if we truly want to change things in this world for the better, we have to act together. Forming a group that has coherent structure and goals and that leaves memes and edge to 4chan in favor of legal activities designed and reasoned for the greatest result in the shortest time, not only in the US, but in the entirety of western civilization.
That cannot be efficiently achieved in anonymity alone, no matter how powerful it is as a tool. You might say "associate with your local groups", but which local groups have the rare insight, knowledge and critical thinking that sometimes appears on this board? I tried. There were none. I want to work with the insightful people i see here so often. For a real chance to do great things.
>>
>>134985924
I think people just see "climate deal" and not "billions and billion of gibs to China, Russia, and India"
>>
>>134985924
What the people think don't matter, they have the attention spans of fucking goldfish. They'll forget about this shit by the time the election rolls around and anyone with a brain can argue why the Paris Climate agreement was shit anyway, it's like out of work teens crying for free college. Third worlders can fuck off out of the pockets of the first world over ((((climate change))))
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.