[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump Curse Strikes Again!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 82

File: IMG_1674.jpg (88KB, 625x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1674.jpg
88KB, 625x466px
Ultra liberal, ultra left wing comic book industry on the verge of total collapse.

Huh, so it turns out that people don't actually like all the race baiting, gender swapping, black washing and other SJW shit in modern day comics.
>>
>>134857395
comics have been on the brink of collapse since 1939
they've never been very profitable
>>
>>134857395
>people don't actually like all the race baiting, gender swapping, black washing and other SJW shit in modern day comics.
wrong.
people just don't like comics because, "fuck that! i'll watch the movie."

dumbass.
>>
maybe its because its been 60 years with the same characters
>>
>>134857395
Except Marvel is the SJW one
>>
>>134857395
Most comic book companies are just IP factories for use in TV shows and movies so they can sell merchandise and licensing deals.

Same thing with books. None of the industry people give a fuck about comics or novels. Just the next new idea to cheaply acquire and turn into profit.
>>
>>134857395
Comic industry thinks normalfags care about their fictional characters when normalfags really only just care about the real life Hollywood actors.

That is why these capeshit movies are a double edged sword

They convince Marvel and DC to shit out all these comics nobody is buying because it is already hard enough to convince normalfags to read books when they can just watch shit online or their TV, instead.

The only successful comics in America are those short comics you find in newspapers in the past like Calvin and Hobbes or Garfield.

DC and Marvel have never been as successful with their comics like Calvin and Hobbes.
>>
>>134858352
Have you seen how Jewy comic books are? They intentionally split events away from the comics you want to read, inserting them in other comics so you have to buy them just to know wtf is going on. This manner of kikery does not happen in manga
>>
>>134858777
Comics were famously pushed by Jews, like movies and Gin and nigger music and usury. In fact the early story of comics reads just like all those businesses: nepotism (Stan Lee), theft (Seigel and Shuster, Jack Kriby) and crime (Meyer Lansky). It's a fucking joke.
>>
>>134857395
>LE BASED TRUMP CURSE!
BACK TO LE_DONALD FAGGOT WE HATE HIM HERE NOW LAUREN SOUTHERN IS A JEW
>>
File: 1500972449179.jpg (97KB, 634x664px) Image search: [Google]
1500972449179.jpg
97KB, 634x664px
>>134857395
It's just marvel singlehandedly crashing the industry like they've always been doing.
>>
>>134857848
I know I'm a minority, but I don't watch the movies. They're all normie trash and the stories are predictable... I'm ready for the super hero flicks to start doing poorly so we can move onto the next movie meme. Then again, I hate supporting hollywood...
>>
>>134857395

Hopefully it's Marvel that's going out.

DC hasn't cucked out as hard if at all as far as I know.
>>
>>134857395
I, for one, love the race baiting. Only fags don't look forward to the day of the rope.
>>
>>134857395
About time. Marvel and DC overstayed their welcome with their stale set of heroes and all their liberal/SJW bullshit.
>>
>>134860450
It's marvel.

DC isn't doing anything liberal or SJW and are just focusing on writing good stories. This is why their sales has been increasing while Marvel has been dropping like a rock.
>>
>>134857848
My wife got into buying comics in the last 5 years
I haven't bought comics in the last 5 years
The ones I stopped buying all went SJW, chock full of gays, etc
the ones she buys are cute, fun, and not at all serious or grounded in realistic drama, therefore little room for SJW crap.

She only stopped buying recently because we cut back on all our extra expenses in preparation for having a child.
>>
>>134858038
This

Even people got tired with narutos and bleaches and got phased out in favour of new mangas. Meanwhile DC and Marvel both keep digging out 80 years old corpses of characters that don't belong in 2000s anymore
>>
>>134860865
and they make it worse by trying to hide it by overloading the storys with side characters.
>>
>>134857395
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swvf3w6hcY4
>>
>>134860932
Based Kirk
>>
>>134858106
Dc is just as bad
>>
>>134857395

>mfw bought comics recently, even though I know it's an SJW minefield

>I'm an adult so I'll go ten years w/o buying a comic

>also harley quinn to keep wifey happy

>sad with all the racks full of fat, brown LBGTQ losers pretending to be heroes

>Small ray of sunshine pic related, hmm Spiderman is finally a man with a family..doesn't seem too infected

>It's Slott, and I think he's some kind of protosjw but fuckit.jpg

>Buy the whole set

>Spider dad is ok, it's missing continuity because it's tie in over 6 series shit to try to get you to buy the others but w/e. Spider kid and Spider MJ are fun

>It's all in some alternate universe that doesn't even count

>It's already 3-5 years old

>mfw

I guess gay nog spiderman, asian hulk, and bitch Thor are the future guys. I didn't even see the new Spiderman movie because that shit is creeping in there. I am not going to watch some hoodrat standin for MJ and be lectured about white privilege to the tune of 40 bucks for two movie tickets. So if they think the collapse will stop with comics they're mistaken.
>>
>>134858777
This. I stopped reading them in the 90s because you had to have 5+ subscriptions just to follow one story arc to the end. Right around that time I saw stuff like Vampire Hunter D and Akira on SciFi channel and I switched to manga without looking back. I'm glad I did, I couldn't imagine having an attachment to comics in a time when they're being butchered for SJW faggotry.
Excellent trips, btw.
>>
>>134860548
DC as guilty as Marvel, they are two sides of the same coin. They reuse the same characters over and over again with no end in sight. There's no plot, no character development, no anything excepts endless chain of remakes, relaunches, reboots, rebrands, recycling it over and over again. It could work if we didn't have books, manga, games, movies, or other non-capeshit comics. But we have them.

Also
>people don't actually like .. gender swapping
They like it, if done right. Unfortunately murican writers can't into it thanks to rabid feminazism and other bullshit.
>>
No weapon formed against thee will prosper!
>>
>>134858038
>most of the green lanterns were invented in the last 30 years
>most of the teen titans were invented in the last 30 years
>Venom is from the last 30 years
>85% of the xmen and other mutan books characters are from the last 30 years
I mean, it's fair to say that DC suffers from character nepotism a LOT more than Marvel, and that a lot more of their headliners are 65+, but they also reboot their universe every 10 years.
Not to mention comic companies like IDW and Boom struggle too, despite having either new properties, or properties that haven't had comic books in a long time, if ever.

The biggest factor is probably illegal digital distribution, and the fact that LCS is a pretty toxic place to go for a fan. Heavy markup (often not their fault, since unlike most retail, they can't markup their main products since the prices are printed on the cover), mixed with the fact that they are often in poor, unsavory parts of town.
My LCS is terrible. I took my nephew in to pick out some comics, and we didn't even make it in the door before he heard another customer drop the f bomb 5 times. Inside the store people were talking about misogyny, etc.

As a young teen, I loved trips to the mall because it meant I could go to the LCS. It was quiet, I could look through the current stuff, pick out the comic I wanted, buy it, and go without any trouble.
Now, to have that same experience, the only option is digital purchases.
>>
>>134857395
Comics over three decades ago used to be a broad industry with books that appealed to a lot of people. Then they only appealed to mankids who never quit reading them. Then they ditched it for ultra-libs.

But the economics suck too. Your comics aren't on sale in most Grocery and convenience store racks anymore - the best you can hope is that people actively search them out with digital devices or go to a handful of specialty shops in a densely populated urban area. The books themselves are full of expensive glossy colored inks and "decent" quality paper. And half the fucking book is ads anyway so the value is shit, just like the quality of the content because you assigned some no-name artist to a mediocre writer who made his entire career bouncing between two companies and failing to break into Hollywood.

The whole western model is fucking stupid. The Japanese model is superior in every sense.
> Wide variety of content and genres and art styles for all ages, genders, and tastes.
> Much more support for creator driven series
> Printed in big weekly/ bi-weekly/monthly volumes filled with several different comics that guarantee you a large amount of material to read. Profitable series subsidize the less popular brands and give exposure to new series.
> Printed on cheap recycled paper in black ink, which reduces printing costs while reducing the workload on artists and their staff since they don't need to add coloring.
> readily available in shop and stands everywhere
>>
>>134857395
I was at comicon a few years ago with some friends. It had completely changed. It's no longer the pure and innocent hobby it was for me when growing up. We left early to get drunk. Some green haired dyke started making a scene about my friends Chinese style straw hat. She was drunk probably and we were drunk. So my other friend grabs this bitch by the collar and tells her that just because marvel is pandering to her delusions doesn't mean your welcome here. He tells her to get the fuck out. The bitches friends start screeching like harpies and the bouncer kicks us out. The cunts hiss and holler when we're leaving. I haven't been to comicon since.
>>
>>134861801
maybe its not entirely because of the stale characters, theres certainly ones that still feel fresh, like Red Hood or something. Its maybe also that the interest in comics went downhill a lot, i doubt there is even much piracy going on.
>>
>>134857848
there is almost no crossover between comic fans and movie fans.
>>
>>134860154
I dunno about the fucking but I would agree that DC has been better than Marvel in recent years. The only really good thing Marvel has had are the zombie titles.
>>
>>134857395
Good riddance
>>
>>134860047
wtf I like capeshit now
>>
>>134858106
>Except Marvel is the SJW one
http://nerdist.com/white-knight-batman-joker-dc-comics/
>>
>>134860047
Except Marvel comics are selling even worse than DC.
>>
It's because comics are trash.

>no consistency and lore, canon constantly being rewriten and rebooted.
>Ment for children so comics rarely ever go past the pg13 rating.
>Now filled with sjw shit.
>costs $5 and you only get 10 pages of story with 10 pages of adds.

Manga.

>Always has consistency with lore, plot and style.
>Goes above teen rating and has the sex, gore and fan service people want.
>Not filles with politcal bullshit.
>$20 gets you an entire book with no adds and progreses the plot significantly
>>
File: NYTJlLd.jpg (15KB, 188x259px) Image search: [Google]
NYTJlLd.jpg
15KB, 188x259px
As a kid I was obsessed with X-Men (cartoon mostly, but eventually got into the comics, at least for a little while). Then, I realized just how fucking worthless the stories are because nothing of consequence ever happens.

There are like 100+ timelines/universes/etc. There's zero continuity. Professor X has died a dozen times and it means nothing because they'll just ignore it in the next iteration.

The stories carry zero weight, zero impact, zero reason to care. Character deaths mean nothing. Events as a whole mean nothing. American comic books are basically just endless fanfics. Anyone can write them and it's "official" somehow.

Compare that to a TV series where when a character dies, or a big event happens, it's permanent. It stays with the show. The ripples of that moment will be felt throughout the remainder of the series up until the finale, and it will be acknowledged by everyone.

I don't know why American comic books think their characters are so good that they can just rehash them every year or two and it's just the expected norm.

Imagine if TV did that. Imagine if there were 100+ iterations of Breaking Bad. Seriously, imagine the story of Breaking Bad being told 100+ different times with wildly different outcomes. It would never work. It would never be successful. That's why comics are failing.
>>
>>134857518
Kek
>>
>>134861122

Current Squirrel Girl and Thor alone makes this a false statement.
>>
>>134863206

Forgot about Riri Williams too.
>>
>>134861854
Thanks for proving their delusions right
>>
someone post the comic of wonder woman where mens right activist terrorists attack a lab and hold someone hostage but then some genetically engineered monster that looks like a giant penis attacks them and they have to be saved by wonder woman, while fighting the giant peni monster wonder woman and the scientist have a nifty little back and forward about the irnoy of the situation then at the ende the leader of the mens right activists admits the only reason he does the things he does is because he is a virgin with a small penis and is bad with woman

>the fact that I am not making this up or exaggerating it at all
>>
File: rebel-flag.jpg (42KB, 650x474px) Image search: [Google]
rebel-flag.jpg
42KB, 650x474px
>>134860932
>>134861044
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXdgElbKe_w&t=104s
>>
>>134862814

American comics are soap operas for men. Nothing matters, it's all melodramatic bullshit and TWISTS in order to sell more toys to children.
>>
>>134859966
Shut up pirate nigger
>>
File: centaurs-worries.jpg (170KB, 800x1156px) Image search: [Google]
centaurs-worries.jpg
170KB, 800x1156px
manga tackles social justice issues with more or less subtle allegories in fantasy world with fantasy races and issues

comics tackle social issues with
>[bunch of misogynistic filth]
>autistic screeching
>references to shit that happened on the internet a month ago and everyone forgot
>*insert real world minorities pandering in the universe where Howard the Duck exists*
>>
>>134863310
>>134863206

As far as I know, the 'big-hitters' that got libbed are:

Thor (now female)
Hulk (now Asian)
Iron Man (now black and female)
Captain America (now black)
Spiderman (black, though exists along side Peter Parker)
Wolverine (now female)
Captain Marvel (now female)
Ms Marvel (now muslim)

Probably missing a few. And this doesn't include the behind the scenes stuff (creators).
>>
File: trump meme magic.jpg (4MB, 6530x2941px) Image search: [Google]
trump meme magic.jpg
4MB, 6530x2941px
>>134863648
also, Trumps enemies always fail, it is the will of god
>>
>>134864274
Blessed be
>>
>>134857395
https://www.newsarama.com/35486-sdcc-2017-meet-the-dc-comics-publishers-jim-lee-dan-didio-panel.html

What a clickbait title. It's taken out of context where DC is saying they're treating their fans well because they dont want the industry to collapse by using horrible business tactics.
>>
File: BLPROCESSED-Titan_2016.jpg (145KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
BLPROCESSED-Titan_2016.jpg
145KB, 650x822px
Post the last comic you bought.
And I don't give a fuck about the whole comic/graphic novel debate bullshit.
>>
Embrace the superior anime/manga and non-capeshit.
>>
>>134858777
>manga
Why do you call it that?
>>
File: 1493663366636.jpg (48KB, 410x416px) Image search: [Google]
1493663366636.jpg
48KB, 410x416px
>tv series go sjw and die
>comics go sjw and die
Yes, everything accoring to keikaku

tn: keikaku means plan
>>
>>134857395
It would be fine if that wasn't all they had. Shit's stale af
>>
Hopefully it will collapse for real, after almost a century of being on the brink of collapse
>>
File: HERETIC_WITCH.png (3MB, 1029x1464px) Image search: [Google]
HERETIC_WITCH.png
3MB, 1029x1464px
Wow, who would've thought?
>>
File: keikaku means plan.jpg (33KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
keikaku means plan.jpg
33KB, 500x293px
>>134866605
I understand that reference
>>
>>134862671
thats the point fagatron
>>
>>134866858
Yeah this is it. Now that they're making billions of dollars in movie profits, I'm sure they'll go out of business.

Comics have always been liberal. Just more /pol/ being myopic, willfully ignorant of history, and retarded.

I bet you cucks actually read comics, don't you?
>>
File: gayformers.jpg (720KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
gayformers.jpg
720KB, 1988x3056px
even fucking transformers are gay now
>>
File: 1463198277448.jpg (477KB, 1200x947px) Image search: [Google]
1463198277448.jpg
477KB, 1200x947px
>>
File: tumblrformers.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
tumblrformers.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>134867985
>>
>>134860667
You and your "wife" sound like fags.
>>
>>134865831
Dan abnett is probably a nice guy but fuck every book he's ever produced has been garbage.
>>
It's piracy.
All of these comics are sold on the DC and Marvel site as digital .cbf files now.
They have become so expensive that why would you buy the print copy if you can just torrent the .cbf?
This is one of the reasons they started pandering to blacks, gays and SJW types, because the traditional audience of white males started shrewdly pirating the comics they wanted to read. The only audience remaining were the dumb fucks who refuse or are incapablke of pirating.
But guess what? Feminists and SJW's dont actually pay for and read comics, they just like to complain about them.
>>
File: Fag Issue 1.jpg (223KB, 570x876px) Image search: [Google]
Fag Issue 1.jpg
223KB, 570x876px
>>134867985
That comic is FAGGOT BULLSHIT.
>>
>>134861484
Characters don't even stay dead anymore
>>
File: 1497662468852.png (7KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1497662468852.png
7KB, 493x402px
>>134868187
You might say people cbf to buy them anymore
>>
>>134868023
Will anything ever top Punisher MAX? Moreover, will David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury ever be seen again?
>>
>>134861801
30 years is a very long time to follow the same characters. Other than One Piece every decade in Shonen Jump was dominated by different material yet we're supposed to stay interested in the X-Men forever.
>>
File: 5052984-pun2016001-var-8c47b.jpg (95KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
5052984-pun2016001-var-8c47b.jpg
95KB, 426x640px
>>134857395
>>
>>134868165
Store didn't have Deff Skwadron or The Redeemer.
I liked titan, just too much Photoshop effects in later chapters.
>>
>>134868165
>Gaunt's Ghosts
>garbage

Eat a dick you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>134857848
you're really not good at killing threads
>>
>>134857395
Superhero shit is the most cancerous thing I've ever seen. You have to be a fucking supreme mouth breather to PAY MONEY to see that shit
>>
>>134867985
WTF that is pure degeneracy.
>>
>>134858106
>>
File: 1498874702949.jpg (816KB, 1987x3054px) Image search: [Google]
1498874702949.jpg
816KB, 1987x3054px
Fuck Marvel
>>
>>134868023
The Garth Ennis era of Punisher finished over 10 years ago. We were lucky to get that.
>>
>>134867985
How can transformers be gay if they're technically sexless?
>>
>>134868165
His 40k stuff is good. Eisenhorn is amazing
>>
lmao
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/03/image-comics-staff-to-attend-trans-webinar-and-take-cultural-competency-training/
>>
>>134868769
>don't turn into a sjw tri gender attack helicopter it's bad for you and people who are super impressionable
>lmao mansplaining
>>
>>134860548
Isn't green lantern black and gay?
>>
>>134868769
Except they fired the writer and she works for marvel now.
>>
>>134869151
No, none of the green lanterns are gay. The only black one of John Stewart and he's a military architect guy.
>>
>>134860146
You don't want to know what happens in Spiderman XVII?
>>
>>134857395
Hello anons. Comic book writer here.

I have been in the industry for a while now and i can say it's worse than you can imagine. All fields, levels of the industry have been infiltrated by SJW. Hell, I know personally most of the artist/writers and it's infested by gays, lesbians, trans etc.

Lucky for you, there is hope. Some of us are not prone to SJW logic or agenda, some of us don't give a fuck about those things and genuinely just want to create good stories that people will enjoy.

I did not post under my country flag since you have to be aware of something anon. The comic industry is very very small, the word gets out really fast. So thus my road leads me walking in the shadows and doing the thing i love. I am one of those who wish to bring comics to level same as manga, from economy stand point ( price compeition ) to R rated and pg18+ to wider general population.

God bless you all. Don't buy crap they produce and keep forcing it. Marvel is shaking as a company, but their leaders are unable to adjust because of SJW agenda.

Oh yes. As a comic writer i despise marvel and dc, they can go fuck themselfs.
>>
>>134860047
Why do you say Marvel when you know its Disney and Disney only care about pushing propoganda. They can make the money back in other ways.

Blaming marvel for the fall of comic books would be like blaming blizzard for the loot boxes instead of activision who owns their asses.
>>
>>134869388
Because Marvel has been interviewed before and they've openly stated they do not care about their audience of white males and they purposely try to enrage them in order to make them buy their comics.

also the top people at Marvel are liberal SJWs who continously race bait and try to hire from tumblr nonstop. Disney doesn't give any orders to marvel they already got what they wanted which was the movies and merchandise. They dont give a shit about the comics.
>>
>>134857395
>Huh, so it turns out that people don't actually like all the race baiting, gender swapping, black washing and other SJW shit in modern day comics.

Who would have expected that???????
>>
Why the fuck are people still buying in to these shit movies?
They're predictable as fuck and are just the same story all over again.
I stopped watching this garbage 10 years ago, when it became obvious they were gonna release a movie a year of each superhero, no matter what.
Still, it's been 10 fucking years.
I thought it would have ended by now, but it just looks more retarded than ever.
>>
File: Marvel Trudeau Trump.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Trudeau Trump.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>134868769
To be fair, thats the only DC example I have seen.
Meanwhile Marvel is up to choking with shitty examples and revamping memorable heroes as super minorities.
>>
>>134858038

I don't think that people into capeshit really care about that, but it's when you make characters sacred that you open them up to wildly unpopular re-interpretations by the current artists.
>>
I could never get into Murrican super hero stuff , back in the day i read 2000AD & dark horse,Heavy Metal comics, some indie . nearly all were very violent with none of the lefty bullshit of recent years, some even had some decent social satire like Judge Dredd. I shudder to think what comics are like these days with LGBTQ rubbish infesting everything like a fucking cancer... its bizarre.
>>
>>134869102
liberal reeducation camps
>>
File: puke.jpg (47KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
puke.jpg
47KB, 350x280px
>>134867985
>>
File: arcee.gif (310KB, 1046x1217px) Image search: [Google]
arcee.gif
310KB, 1046x1217px
>>134869047
>they're technically sexless
????
>>
>>134858777
Such blatant kikery.

>>134866207
>Japanese comics
>>
>>134872163
They're fucking chunks of metal and microchips...
>>
>>134872420
C Y B E R D O N G S
>>
>>134869151
DC re-rebooted that.
>>
>>134868585
my tanith

Although Ciaphas "Hero of the Imperium" Cain is a close second.
>>
>>134857395
These Marvel movies they're spitting out every 10 minutes are fucking nauseating as well.
>>
>>134860865
>Even people got tired with narutos
The new spin-off about his son kind of say no
>>
>>134872163
I would hit that
>>
>>134873960
I bet you would a toaster too.
>>
>>134869321
Uh uh.. i want to take a guess

Peter parkes a black poor new jersey boy scaut that is also a transgender its bullied by the white kids in school that are only 3 the rest are blacks, go to a routine science trip to the negroCorp the highest scintific industry in the whole world, and because he is also a biogenetics nerd he goes and tries to see the mutated spiders and go bitten by one.. thanks to his control-hormones drugs he gain enourmous strength and becomes the spider social justice warrior... and now he have the mission to defeat he white superMale mysygonista, with help of his other trans nigger friends
>>
>>134872163
Fun fact, they had an origin comic explaining why Arcee was the only female on Cybertron. The reason? Some scientist found out about sexually dymorphic species, took one of his lackies, and made them into a trannybot. Needless to say they had to retcon it.
>>
>>134861854
>friend grabs this bitch by the collar and tells her
Hahahahahahahaha!
>>
>>134863525
Faggot
>>
>>134860146
>the next movie meme
Digits decide what the next meme genre for movies is. No zombies, we just had a zombie movie boom a few years ago.
>>
File: dnc cookout.jpg (142KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
dnc cookout.jpg
142KB, 512x768px
>>134858038
oy vey goyum you will go to the next wolverine movie and like it
>>
>>134857395
That's what you get for switching from classical liberalism content to regressive left neo-marxist fanatism.
>>
>>134877050
Internet bullies that hate progress.
>>
>>134875153
I hate this is probably true
>>
File: outrage.jpg (3MB, 2457x3387px) Image search: [Google]
outrage.jpg
3MB, 2457x3387px
>>134865831
this
>>
>>134857395
Then you read the article and realize they stilll plan to carry on with diversity.
>>
There is nothing wrong with gay or trans characters in and of themselves. They can add to a story.
But I have said this before
"Introducing gay/trans characters is like anal sex. Jam it in under duress and no one is happy. "
That is what is happening it all feels forced and awkward. The story is forcing the issue and not the actual plot or character development.
Example both from battle star
Galactica
Good: admiral Caine it added to the character and felt believable.
Bad: the mob assisan brother who's gayness was a distraction and felt forced.
>>
File: RCO014.jpg (524KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO014.jpg
524KB, 1041x1600px
meanwhile, in the current Superman run,
>>
File: RCO015.jpg (450KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO015.jpg
450KB, 1041x1600px
>>134878879
>>
File: RCO017.jpg (435KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO017.jpg
435KB, 1041x1600px
>>134878908
and this
>>
>>134864274
Meme magic is backfiring, though. For every stupid Trump related junk that happens, it bites back by taking away something you love.

If all of you shits just fucked off from President Agent Orange, Robbie Rotten wouldn't have terminal cancer, you fuckheads.
>>
File: RCO018.jpg (490KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO018.jpg
490KB, 1041x1600px
>>134879011
>>
File: i6UPZ5r.jpg (111KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
i6UPZ5r.jpg
111KB, 640x580px
>>134878879
Holy shit was he skipping leg day
>>
File: RCO016.jpg (498KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO016.jpg
498KB, 1041x1600px
honestly the current Superman run is fantastic. Wholesome as fuck
>>
>>134879013
More memes to meme god.
>>
>>134857518
>they've never been very profitable
bullshit
>>
File: RCO013_1491383956.jpg (442KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO013_1491383956.jpg
442KB, 1041x1600px
>>
>>134878617
I think the problem just boils down to money.

They want to put "diversity" into comics because they believe there's some massive secret army of queers out there who will boycott them if they don't. Or bad PR from a small group will boil over into millennial neets and cause sales to drop. They're not going to spend the money to develop original characters that are popular so they just plug in the minority group they want to placate into an established character.

What they don't seem to get is the offended minority make up such a small segment of their customers that making them happy while losing 96% of your other customers isn't a winning buisness plan.

Eventually they will get it, the money loss will have to get a lot worse though for them to change.
>>
File: RCO014_1473245074.jpg (484KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO014_1473245074.jpg
484KB, 1041x1600px
>>
File: RCO015_1473245074.jpg (434KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO015_1473245074.jpg
434KB, 1041x1600px
>>134879956
>eagle crying in the distance
>>
File: kircheis.jpg (37KB, 494x497px) Image search: [Google]
kircheis.jpg
37KB, 494x497px
>>134862814
>Compare that to a TV series where when a character dies, or a big event happens, it's permanent. It stays with the show. The ripples of that moment will be felt throughout the remainder of the series up until the finale, and it will be acknowledged by everyone.
Reminds me of LotGH
>Kircheis dies
>about every second episode from there on someone goes "WTF do we do? If only Kircheis was here because he'd know what the fuck to do!"
>rest of the characters fuck up regularly because Kircheis wasn't there for advice
>final episode
>one of the last scenes has the main character ask "where the fuck is Kircheis" while delirious
The way they relied on Kircheis early on was almost too in your face later in the series.
>>
>>134857395

What did they expect?
The whole tactic of pissing off your consumers to generate attention to your comics may work, but to a certain extent you're simply going to drive them elsewhere.

Especially when Manga's and other mediums appear much more attractive and have Anime's to back them up in getting casual attention.

Shit like One Punch Man started off as a webcomic some greasy nip scribbled in his basement and then suddenly gained a large following simply on the quality of the story, and then gained an even bigger following with its art, then once again with an anime. Even crap like Attack On Titan and DeathNote managed to seize attention.
>>
>>134862814
The Blacklist.
>>
>>134868023
For a guy who's a military combat veteran, why the fuck does he hold his gun like a tard in the top right panel?
>>
Marvel Comics could release 100 comics of nothing but characters shitting every month and not sell a single issue and it wouldn't matter. The IPs are movie/television fodder and that's where the money is.

Marvel and DC have both periodically been on the brink of bankruptcy and this has occurred way before the hyper liberal SJW social media era.
>>
>>134857518
This isn't true.

It's only been on a 30ish year down turn.
>>
>>134879992
>>134879956
The flag on the moon lost all its color decades ago because it had no atmosphere to protect it from the sun
>>
>>134879992
damn dude this is great, thanks for sharing. what issue is this?
>>
>>134858038
people like the characters
They just want new and interesting stores
instead they got Tumblr fanfics with DC/Marvel logos on them
>>
>>134857395
TO be fair, MArvel is the one shilling SJW bullcrap,
The ONLY SJW from DC is Wonder Woman.

But yeah the one where Joker is cured of his insanity and Batman becomes the villain is an absolute crap idea. Since then Joker would be flat out executed.
>>
>>134857395
Never mix politics and business, it's a retarded idea.
>>
The only comic I ever read was Spawn
>>
>>134861122
Not anymore. Even at their height with the New 52, they were no where near as bad as Marvel is now.
>>
>>134877050
It's anime ok?
>>
>>134878617
>There is nothing wrong with gay or trans characters in and of themselves.
You have to go back.
>>
>>134877050
space opera
>>
>>134881019
Yep, it's a French flag now. murika BTFO
>>
>>134880653
Because comic book artists aren't combat veterans.
>>
File: cucksgettingcucked.png (33KB, 824x367px) Image search: [Google]
cucksgettingcucked.png
33KB, 824x367px
>>134857395
Daily Reminder
>>
File: Batgirl.jpg (630KB, 1144x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl.jpg
630KB, 1144x1012px
>>134881059

Current BatGirl is pretty bad, gay Alan Scott is also bad, nigger Power Girl and Wally West who is currently being shipped with Raven, shit they brought back regular Wally West because the nigger sucks, and even funnier they recently doubled down and advertised on DIVERSIFYING DC Comics with their upcoming Dark Matter Rebirth. They just don't learn.

I'm just not desperate enough to want to read their shit. They've got enough competition around that I don't even need to look their way, i'm having more fun enjoying weekly ONE PIECE shit than I have had with capeshit for the past four years. Nevermind the other far more superior mediums I can distract myself with.
>>
>>134857395
Yes, it is on the verge of collapse. They brought in women to write for them, a Muslim or two... and then all the SJW bullshit started cluttering up the comics. Genders were swapped and races changed for longstanding, traditional characters. Homosexuality and other SJW themes introduced. For all the talk of "appropriation," notice how it's always the SJWs who "appropriate" a longstanding tradition, whether it be a television show or a comic book, and "change" it? And guess what, folks? These people aren't even reading the comics. They just breeze on in, take a massive shit of justice all over the place, then flounce off. So, yes - People are dropping their subscriptions.
>>
>>134872420
what do you think a usb port is? you cybervirgin.
>>
File: cw49-01.png (264KB, 1110x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cw49-01.png
264KB, 1110x1600px
>>134863950
READ EAST WHITE MAN
>>
I think you guys mistake the consequence for a reason. If comics don't sell well any more, the publishers have to search for something that would engage people. Politics does engage and it is no wonder they're trying to make their products political. The quality of writing is a related, but orthogonal issue. They are perhaps trying to cut the costs by employing cheap writers, hoping that the products would sell just because of characters. Lots of modern entertainment has awful writing, just look at movies and computer games.
>>
>>134881059
At least dc tried a new idea and failed because it was retarded, while marvel comics is retarded as a whole
>>
Capn Cummings is doing god's work every week on the sjw fuckery in comics. Youtube fucks with him which is all the seal of approval I need.
>>
>>134877050
Benevolent, gender-neutral aliens from another planet seek asylum here from their blown-up planet, and a nasty dictator from an American-like country seeks to destroy them all, but that one black heroine saves the day, because muh strong womanhood and whitey is evil. Roll credits.
>>
>>134857395
THANK HEAVEN!!!
guys, enough with the sandnigger fiction please
walk away from the sandnigger fiction
>>
>>134863950
This manga is too redpilled for me
>reptilians overlord are the good guys
>>
>>134881483
Why were new 52 hated so much?
I read some of them and they weren't that bad
What did i miss?
>>
>>134882410
The antarcticans are not the good guys. They're shown as being a strange, previously hated and feared race that is being pushed for acceptance, but in the background they're doing some strange experimentation and possibly some other shady shit.
>>
>>134881982

I'll give you that.

I prefer to read One Piece myself. Most of the Marvel/DC bullcrap I hear about are from peeps like Capn Cummings and DIversity and comics, we don't really have a market for Western comics here.
>>
>>134882554
They stopped the ayy lmaos so they are good in my book
>>
how can these cartoons compete with anime?
>>
>>134882744
I admittedly have not read past what's currently scanlated. Last I recall the ayys were still doing some strange shit and it was unclear how the Antarcticans were related.
>>
>>134858106

collapse not for them, industry as a whole.

The independent comic book store might disappear.

Marvel is run by SJW fanatics. Manga is also simply better and offers more traditional heroes than modern American comic books.

Shonen Jump/Viz just publishes stuff that supposed to be fun and entertaining.

Marvel publishes soap operas on paper with socio-political issues they wish to promote.
>>
>>134858038
I can buy this, but make all the new heros SJW tier garbage?
>>
>>134868769
Main demographic buying comic books are white men. Book after book after book is about how evil white men are. Blacks beat them up, white men are always evil, even in Black Panther's stories in Africa, somehow all the bad guys are whites that are a non existent population. White countries are shown and depicted as "Sin City" Dystopias: NYC, Metropolis, Gotham, Doom's whole country...

Meanwhile you go to Africa and China, the places are deep and thoughtful, clean, monetarists, the best of their culture. You get to the center of Africa, do you find starvation? Black on black slavery? genocide? No, it's the most advanced peaceful society on earth. Wakanda.

I used to buy comics, I have several omnibus things like the phoenix saga.

But I just can't do it anymore. This is all shit. I go to a store, pick up anything new, and it's shitting all over me. There hasn't been one good story in Marvel or DC in the last 10 years.
>>
>>134860146
>I hate supporting hollywood...
can we boycott them or was hollywood part of the boycotting Israel is illegal bill?
>>
>>134861815
Comics are on the same level as novels in Japan. The Japanese model wouldn't work in the U.S. because comics are seen as something for dorks or children and 90% of the interest in them revolves around block buster capeshit movies. Americans, for however illiterate they are, would rather just read a book than read a comic.
>>
>>134877050
Nope. You'll get a Michael Moor biopic and like it.
>>
>>134862814
> when a character dies, or a big event happens, it's permanent
Killing a character permanently is a risk. I feel that often a particular secondary characters is what keeps the story together, but it is hard to forsee that their death will actually break the story.

> Imagine if TV did that
Well, there's Dr. Who.
>>
>>134863525
poland, come on...
>>
>>134863858
>>134861044
(((Will Shatner)))
>>
File: 1495595273525.png (305KB, 486x356px) Image search: [Google]
1495595273525.png
305KB, 486x356px
>>134867985
>>
>>134872163
They had female autobots that they literally called female autobots. They are a gendered species.
>>
File: 1327761764548.jpg (189KB, 906x960px) Image search: [Google]
1327761764548.jpg
189KB, 906x960px
>>134857395

huh. it's the least surprising surprise since trump won the presidency. will leftists ever learn?
>>
>>134882027
>male and female connectors
>master and slave devices
>class hierarchies
man I love tech lingo
>>
>>134877050
1984 but under conservative rules... nothing but handmaidens tale bullshit the next 10 years
>>
>>134860548
New Injustice2 DLC Starfires a nigger.
>>
I really don't see what people see in comics. There are so many more entertaining things out there.
>>
File: faggot man.jpg (133KB, 419x640px) Image search: [Google]
faggot man.jpg
133KB, 419x640px
>stories are open ended, no clear goal or aim for the characters beyond the immediate plot points
>strange religious overtones
>retarded power scaling that puts dragon ball Z to shame
>keep rebooting old characters until the end of time
>constant nostalgia callbacks to a time that never existed
>extremely preachy, forces morality on it's readers
>has been used as political propaganda since WW2

Why do people read this stuff in the age of anime?
Go read fucking Naruto or something, even that is better than this shit
>>
File: 1478700762258.png (1MB, 1124x711px) Image search: [Google]
1478700762258.png
1MB, 1124x711px
>>134857395
They just need to embrace the 40k ultra fascist trend and write some comics about Trump
>>
>>134879248
Frank Miller is writing that right?
>>
>>134869375
why dont you just upload your comics to the internet? why would you suffer in a workplace like that
>>
>>134883652
>ultramemes

get better taste, friend
>>
File: Y-The-Last-Man-011.jpg (197KB, 950x1466px) Image search: [Google]
Y-The-Last-Man-011.jpg
197KB, 950x1466px
Redpilled.
>>
>>134883545
Most manga is black and white though and seems to have lower drawing standards in general. From the little experience I have, their stories aren't too different.
>>
>>134857395

Good, I can't wait until they do. Comics are fucking shit.
>>
>>134883467
Now that seems like a real likely outcome.
>>134883545
>extremely preachy, forces morality on it's readers
>has been used as political propaganda since WW2
Depends on the morality and the propaganda.
>>
File: 1499626864755.png (12KB, 166x213px) Image search: [Google]
1499626864755.png
12KB, 166x213px
>Captain Diversty issue #44 isn't selling
You don't say.
>>
Comic books stores are still around due to MTG and others. People would rather watch the movies instead of buy the comics because the SJW element is a little less in the movies.
>>
File: bo.png (2MB, 1047x739px) Image search: [Google]
bo.png
2MB, 1047x739px
Bring back the Mainman!
>>
File: 1482004304683.jpg (147KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482004304683.jpg
147KB, 721x1024px
>>134883861
Goto kissmanga and start reading anon. IF you want color pic related is pretty good.
>>
>>134883971
Also they increased the price , added more ads, and shortened the issues. Not to mention S C A N S exist.
>>
>>134884063
Technology is ruining everything but making life better...wat do?
>>
>>134857395
Wrong white people didnt buy comics so they catered to the new master race but white people like to keep them poor so they cant afford comic books and the ones who want and like comic books cant buy them because white niggers are only giving the money to chimp niggers
>>
>>134861484
D.C. Is the one that reboots every 5 years now.
Marvel just sucks ass plain and simple.

D.C. Still has plot and character development. Every Batman title that has been written in the past decade has been better than everything written for him since 1939.
In the past 30 years alone some of the best comics for practically every hero has been written.
>>
>>134884175
>confused 12 year old.
>>
>>134884225
It seems to me the talent in the industry like working for DC. Apparently MArvel is hard to work for. Go figure.
>>
>>134884061
> Another moetrash
Uh, no, thank you.
>>
>>134861801
>in the last 30 years
Interesting way of saying 30 years ago.
And Green Lantern has always been held back by its fucking stupid name
>>
LONG LIVE ANIME!

LONG LIVE JAPAN!
>>
>>134862770

Comics
>there is consistency and lore. It's just done for that issue line (which has the line printed on the cover IE Batman All Star or singular plots like Death or Wolverine)
>$2.99 friendo
>12 pages
>There's is no rating for comics. And if you think they're devoid of gore, sex and hard violence you have clearly never gone to a comic shop and asked for those particularly. Also Walking Dead is pretty much as rated M as it can get.

Manga
>Debatable.
>In any good story fan service is trash for /r9k/ faggots and teenagers. Art style sucks half the time.
>not filled with political bullshit. You're right. It's 8th grade philosophical bullshit
>$20 volume editions that also exist for comics as well

Read more comics skub
>>
>>134857518
s...stop disrupting my narrative!! liberals are responsible for all evils!
>>
>>134884587

I completely agree with you. Anime and manga are the last forms of entertainment not cucked by kikes. Long live Based Japan!
>>
>>134882444
*Got rid of the real Wally West, the first two (IE the versions people LIKED) Teen Titans, JSA, and a bunch of other characters that sold well/were LIKED by fans
*Erased Superman and Lois Lane's marriage
*Put Cyborg on the JLA/turned Martian Manhunter into a bitter never was
*Turned Question into a John Galt expy who had his face erased and memory wiped
*Brought back Steve Trevor, a cancerous part of Wonder Woman's past no one liked in the first place
*Amazons as rapist and misandry galore in Wonder Woman
*Wonder Woman being the result of her mom committing the sin of having non-rape sex with Zeus, since Amazons can only get pregnant, new 52, by sexually assaulting men and then killing them after they get pregnant
*Joker cutting off his face and becoming a slasher villain
*Oracle becoming Batgirl again and going full retard SJW
*Harley Quinn going full slut/fucking Deadshot
*The way they completely and utterly fucked up Earth 2 and JLI
*WW/SM as a canon couple
>>
>>134861349
>I guess gay nog spiderman, asian hulk, and bitch Thor are the future guys.

don't care, if you want redpill go for the early Iron Man shit, they basically invented Iron Man to stir up support for the Korean war so tons of shit where Iron man clobbers soulless gooks and calls them that

Neal Adams Batman, Frank Miller stuff, Chris Claremont, so much good shit in comics they could never print another one starting 20 years ago and I would never be able to read it all

I hated Civil War. bunch of horseshit
>>
>>134883681
>frank miller
>respecting superman

haha good one
>>
>>134885031
>turned Martian Manhunter into a bitter never was

are you kidding he is the best character in there

DC's problem is that all their characters are rip offs of pagan gods that were crafted to fit the spirit of the industrial revolution, so no matter what they do with them they always sort of suck
>>
>>134857395
>comics
>ultra liberal, ultra left wing

Heh, news to me. Here I was thinking they were just another medium for artists and writers, because I've read tons of comics with a right wing slant or bias.
>>
File: jewshown.png (138KB, 354x504px) Image search: [Google]
jewshown.png
138KB, 354x504px
>>134857395

>>134858038
they've literally invented new sjw characters and they all failed miserably.
>>
>>134867985
>>134868050
But Transformers are made by combining 'sparks' that pop out of Cybertron with magic metal that also pops out of Cybertron, or are literally built by other Transformers then given life by putting an 'artifical' spark made using the Matrix of Leadership.

Why in the goddamn would two of them ever fall into love if they reproduce completely asexually to the point where the Transformers themselves aren't even involved in it?
>>
File: Vagabond.jpg (804KB, 1765x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Vagabond.jpg
804KB, 1765x1300px
>>134883861

Being black and white wasn't a gate that was too hard for me to cross over.

Even stuff like Mob Psycho and One's One Punch Man have some awful art, but one can still appreciate it and enjoy the story it offers.
>>
>>134885439
Khamala was going OK for a while. the Chink comics are selling well over in china.

Maybe it's dying here in America because the audience isn't being catered to.
>>
>>134857395
someone post that comic with the fat fuck blond ms sweden or whoever flying around and being an insufferable sjw cunt to everyone. hmm i wonder why comics are dying
>>
>>134857848
you forgot to /thread yourself
>>
>>134885498
something something MUH EMOTIONS
>>
>>134884225
>In the past 30 years alone some of the best comics for practically every hero has been written.
WRONG

DC ruined The Question!
>except in some of the cartoons, I heard they still take the Ditko approach to the character
>>
File: fatfuck.jpg (76KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
fatfuck.jpg
76KB, 500x385px
>>134885612
found it

>i don't understand why people aren't buying Hambeast Comics
topcuck
>>
>>134861349
No lol, so marvel sales are in the shitter and they are bringing back the old stuff. I was reading some articles on in a few weeks ago. A TL;DR marvel finally realized oh, no one actually cares about the social issues and all our current iterations of our hero's fucking suck to the point no one is buying out books. So they are bringing back stark, odinson, original hulk can't remember his name, captain America etc etc and axing all the nu-marvel because it's fucking trash. I mean look at black spider man, his only fucking plot devices is aim black! And gay!
>>
File: 1485462826084.jpg (159KB, 794x782px) Image search: [Google]
1485462826084.jpg
159KB, 794x782px
>>134886203
You can't be serious with this.
>>
File: fatfuck2.jpg (355KB, 720x1107px) Image search: [Google]
fatfuck2.jpg
355KB, 720x1107px
>>134886203
>>134886395
>it's real
top fucking kek at whoever greenlighted this
>>
File: may.png (33KB, 122x117px) Image search: [Google]
may.png
33KB, 122x117px
>>134886470
>it's freaken real
>>
>>134886470
To think we let it come this far. No wonder we are barred from paradise.
>>
>>134865831
Last one I read was watchmen

>>134868165
I have found with dan is books are slow and shitty for the first half then really come together nicely at the end.
>>
>>134857848
cuck spotted
unless you are memeing

>destroy everything that makes a comic fun and good
>wonder why it burns and crashes
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM/.............HMMMMMM..HMMMMMMMMM
made me thing :DDDD
>>
>>134867985
>>134868050
this is kinda cute tbqh
>>
>>134873386
>>134860865
>>134873386
The peruvian is right. Naruto is most likely the most populair shonen anime right now. One piece is only bigger because of Japan and DBS is failing really bad
>>134883861
Berserk > Any comic
>>
>>134886470
> great cosmic comic con in the sky
> kinda-sorta-maybe telekinesis
Is this written by a 16 y.o.?
>>
File: 6132676484591.jpg (116KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
6132676484591.jpg
116KB, 600x400px
>>134886203
>>134886470

>Fill comics with fat chicks, feminists, and trannies
>wtf why are sales tanking?
This has to be the "female audience" meme, no man in his right mind would legitimately enjoy this. Last I checked girls, or at least the ones who read comics and manga, like stories featuring cute boys taking their shirts off and homosexual undertones.

No wonder these shitheads aren't making a dime.
>>
>>134857518
This is just false
>>
>>134869526
>enrage them in order to make them buy their comics
How does that work exactly?
>>
It's almost like it was better when they were made by guys who were good at drawing instead of a bunch of liberal arts majors.
>>
>>134886470
god fucking danmit everyone knows that if you going to make a fat character he cant fly. and you give him wings to make him STRONGER and still not be able to fly
>>
>>134857395
It seems like sometime around the year 2000 comicbook superhero movies started falling way off. Everything to do with X-Men or the avengers is a terrible movie.
The dark knight Batman trilogy was literally the only great movies made since the old superman's. They'll never live up to those two movies yet they keep trying to make more because the comic fags will go see anything related to comic books.

My roommate makes me watch all of them and at the end if every single one I tell him they need to stop making these movies. They literally fucked up spiderman 5 times and don't seem to have any plans to stop.
>>
File: 1.jpg (810KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
810KB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 2.jpg (639KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
639KB, 1988x3056px
>>134887137
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 564x1093px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 564x1093px
>>134857395
>the current state of comic pamphlets
>>
File: 3.jpg (720KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
720KB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>134887188
>>134887222
>>
>>134869375
Obvious 2000AD employee
>>
>>134867985
All IDW books have gay shit show-horned in as well as gender and race swaps. Jem, Mask, and GI Joe are getting raped by them. Hasbro's ok with this because they said they're trying to appeal to Millennials. Hasbro also has ties to Disney and Marvel since they make toys for them.
>>
>>134857395
They were talking money from the US state to publish that crap. Their sales got even worse so government money can't keep them afloat.
>>
>>134883652
Fuck Robo and His boyscout marines. Salamanders Best Space Marines.
>>
>>134887013

Tries to use controversy to generate attention to a wider audience by pissing off enough people so it generates conversation.

The problem it, that may work once or twice but it's worthless in the long run especially when people have alternatives to turn to.

At this point they shoved enough ads between spaces and ramped up the price of comics simply to keep generating some kind of profit, but that's just going to make people keep seeking out alternatives.
>>
>>134884849
You're not liberal, you're a Marxist imbecile, neo-Commie, International Socialist, Islamophilic, any other trash ideology would fit you. Liberals wouldn't want Europe and America to become South Africa with a large dollop of Islam. Liberals wouldn't buy into any of this Leftist, "progressive" bullshit. Not a piece of it. Liberals wouldn't want black and Asian people just grafting onto the roles previously filled by white people, that's not integration or diversity, it's cheap, lazy and insulting to all. You lost the right to use the word 'liberal', sorry.
>>
File: heavy.jpg (595KB, 1224x1629px) Image search: [Google]
heavy.jpg
595KB, 1224x1629px
I miss heavy metal... had most of the old issues but my mom threw em out after i left to the Army back in 91.
anyone got a torrent of them?
>>
First sentence of the article

>the quote might have been misrepresented

>163 posters

All of you are idiots babbling on about click-bait
>>
FUN FACT TO TRIGGER SJW

Never forget that the creator of wonder women, muh strong independent women role model was made by
>a professor
>married
>fell in love with a student
>ended up with her
>was a polygamist
>him, his wife and his student all lived together
>he basically traded down
>the character was based off his second wife/student
>had a massive BDSM fetish
>the entire comic is filled with BDSM references
>wonder women ties people up and makes them tel the truth
>their idol super hero is no more then a perverts fantasy character to try and normalize his fetish.
>>
>>134887222
I don't read comics, but this just looks like some hamplanet assing around in adobe illustrator. No wonder comic books r dying lmao
>>
>>134887330
>IDW fucks with every franchise they're given
>yet somehow manage to consistently put out great pastel horse comics

I don't understand.
>>
>>134861349
Dude, you've summed up the entire issue in one well written post.

Not gonna lie, nice job.
>>
File: noegenda.jpg (126KB, 600x804px) Image search: [Google]
noegenda.jpg
126KB, 600x804px
>>134857395
>>
>>134887501
Normal people don't care about other people's bedrooms. Vague references to a subculture are a good thing.
>>
File: xy.jpg (218KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
xy.jpg
218KB, 640x984px
>>134887731
>>
File: xy1.jpg (201KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
xy1.jpg
201KB, 640x984px
>>134887777
>>
File: femdom (2).jpg (745KB, 1988x2992px) Image search: [Google]
femdom (2).jpg
745KB, 1988x2992px
>>134887810
>>
File: IMG_0419.jpg (321KB, 1543x1206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0419.jpg
321KB, 1543x1206px
>>134886203
Better?
>>
File: fatcunt+twin.jpg (242KB, 781x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fatcunt+twin.jpg
242KB, 781x1200px
>>134886203
>>134886470
>>134887192

It's better.
>>
File: 1487109907308.png (120KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
1487109907308.png
120KB, 335x335px
>>134867985
What the fuck
>>
File: 1500991607156.jpg (166KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
1500991607156.jpg
166KB, 1024x731px
>>134887943
ahyHHHHHHHHHH AHAHAHHA HAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHHA AH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHGHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHhAh
aaHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>134865831
Physically? An issue of Sinestro around the time of Futures End.

Digitally? Infinity War.
>>
>>134887943
oh jesus christ

she's a self insert, isn't she
>>
>>134861349
>mfw
You didn't post your fucking face.
>>
>>134877306
If they left X-23 being named as X-23 or gave her a unique name that wasn't Wolverine I'd definitely consider it. She has a similar story to Wolverine except we are introduced to her at a very young age as opposed to long after adulthood. The possibilities are great but they already decided to fuck it up.
>>
>>134888217
It does scream "Mary Sue," doesn't it?
>>
>>134883861
>>134884443
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?category=Elaborate+Art+Style
Choose whatever suit your taste faggot.
>>
>>134888217
no the author is a beta
>>
>>134888348
she's the textbook definition of a Mary Sue
>>
It's a print medium, what in the fuck did they think was going to happen?!

Adapt and survive you idiots.
>>
>>134887943
>"And I don't win every fight."
>"I know that feeling."
>(Go vote next week!)

Prophetic.
>>
>>134888464
>when your adaption is a genetic defect that makes you retarded
>>
File: 1470912324124.gif (2MB, 317x536px) Image search: [Google]
1470912324124.gif
2MB, 317x536px
>>134878879
>>134878908
>>134879011
>>134879040
>>134879248
>>134879956
>>134879992

Goddamnit I love DC Comics and Superman.
>>
>>134883445
SJWs have been trying to get rid of master/slave terminology in tech. also disabled", as a Boolean for whether or not things are, well, disabled. oh, and "illegal" for errors.
>>
95% of the comics the Big Two pump out are shit. The only good comic worth reading right now from either MARVEL or DC is New Super-Man, about China making their own ripoff version of Superman that's actually surprisingly good, worth a look.

Other than that I just read Image, Dark Horse and whats left of Vertigo (still waiting on American Vampire)
>>
>>134878908
>>134879011
>>134879040
>>134879248

/co/mblr lost their collective liberal faggot minds over that comic
/co/ is probably the shittiest board here
>>
File: 1494540826695.png (78KB, 698x658px) Image search: [Google]
1494540826695.png
78KB, 698x658px
>>134887943
>>
>>134888362
Mangarock best manga reader/app
And shits free so good Google banned it due to copyright issues.
>>
File: redskull.jpg (382KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
redskull.jpg
382KB, 900x1366px
>this is a villain according to MARVEL
>>
>>134857395
Let it die.
Make the comic book industry gentile again!
>>
>>134884175
>>
>>134879992
Looks like they're going back to their roots with this one. You've got the pose from the 30s cartoons, the old logo, and old school patriotism.
It's cheesy, but infinitely better than anything else that the entertainment industry has shat out in recent years.
>>
File: IMG_20170723_173654.jpg (274KB, 781x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170723_173654.jpg
274KB, 781x1200px
>>134888939
Red Skull? More like Red Pill.
>>
>>134887777
Are the dudes in xy shirts bad guys?
>>
File: 35351_125023_viz-1280.jpg (84KB, 839x560px) Image search: [Google]
35351_125023_viz-1280.jpg
84KB, 839x560px
>>134857395

>Publish cancer
>Go bust
>>
File: 1462324355213.gif (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462324355213.gif
24KB, 480x480px
>>134889059
>>
>>134888888
Checking
>>
>>134889157
duh
>>
File: 1500438806667.gif (469KB, 512x807px) Image search: [Google]
1500438806667.gif
469KB, 512x807px
>Markets their entire business to people who are against capitalism and the group of people most likely to pirate copies to read on their devices instead of a hard cover
>wtf nobody is buying?
>markets harder to the audience that wont ever buy their stuff by alienating the group of people who buy their stuff
>sales are lower than they have been in 5 decades
>must be misogyny and hatred of colored people and womyn
>stops making the comics that sold well to make more ((( diversity ))) comics
>industry on the verge of collapse

Hmmmm.
>>
>>134884944
Too bad it's been shit for the past 15 years or so.
>>
>>134877306
What he hell is that "art" supposed to represent?
>>
>>134857848

I liked comics when they weren't all glossy and shit. They were essentially printed on news paper in color. Thems was the days.
>>
>>134889321
>of course they are
Well the panel was a little misleading with the giant red centipede and all.
>>
File: kawaii ugu.jpg (353KB, 1087x1600px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii ugu.jpg
353KB, 1087x1600px
>>134886864
>Berserk
Miura has went bit... well, lazy beyond the abysmal update frequency.
It's a fucking shame, because the art used to be absolutely gorgeous.

Fucking Idolmaster, that's what I blame.
>>
>>134889424
No anon you just grew up.
>>
>>134857518
> Regularly outselling Time Magazine and having even second-string titles like Lev Gleason's Daredevil sell more than a million copies a month just during WWII alone
>never been very profitable

I think "never been very profitable" should become a new meme.
>>
File: 1500729174802.jpg (744KB, 696x986px) Image search: [Google]
1500729174802.jpg
744KB, 696x986px
>>134867985
Fuck this
>>
>>134887137
>>134887188
>copypasted panels
>>
File: BernieRally.jpg (477KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
BernieRally.jpg
477KB, 900x1366px
>>134888939
>>
>>134887943
So did the artist throw a twitter fit when Hillary lost?
>>
>>134883810
The author is the same SJW faggot who crams space trannies into Saga now.
>>
>>134883391
saved
>>
>>134888627
>SJWs have been trying to get rid of master/slave terminology in tech
What's that nowadays, host/client isn't it? I still use master/slave whenever I can, although you're right, it's fizzling out.
>>
>>134889124
>fixated on competition

Everything else he said in the last panel was not bad but calling competition a vice is literally retarded. Competitive spirit is one of the best personality traits anyone can have and you can't be masculine or successful without it.
>>
>>134862814
This
>>
>>134857395
Maybe I'm just a filthy normie who doesn't know what he's talking about (very likely), but I feel like the comic book industry is probably just experiencing a very foreseeable bubble bursting.

Super hero movies have been all the rage since the toby macguire spider man film came out 15ish years ago. Lots of regular people who would otherwise not give a shit about "the marvel universe" or "the dc universe" are suddenly interested on it because of all the movies.

So then they buy comics for awhile based solely on interest on the movies, then come to their senses after awhile and realize they arent actual comic nerds and stop buying comic books. Thus a false bubble is created and just as easily popped. Is that anywhere near reality?

The fact that they are grasping at the sjw straw is probably indicative of these fair weather fans exerting undue influence over the writers while alienating the core base, thus causing this bubble to leave them worse off than they were before.

That's what seems like is going on from where I stand. I don't know shit though, I've read watchmen and that's about it as far as comics go. They just aren't my thing
>>
>>134869267
They made Alan Scott gay (he is the Earth 2 GL, AKA the original from the 40s).

It's fucked up as hell because now he is an engaged young childless faggot but apparently his daughters relationship with Kyle Rayner is still Canon (or was, haven't read anything since before Convergence).

I love DC but fuck if they can't keep even basic continuity straight. It really irks me.... This shit isn't that hard.

At least it isn't the modern Marvel though lol
>>
>>134888682
This is complete BS, that comic is probably the one /co/ wanks over the most. The storytime was filled with people wanking over how "wholesome" it was.
>>
>>134889561
That's only a small part of it. I've watched plenty of shows from the 90s as an adult, and there's something different about them. There's a charm, personality and humor to them that you just don't find in modern shit.
>>
>>134857395
The problem is that they think they can continue markets 10 pages of physical comics for almost $10.

We live in a digital age and these idiot think people are gonna keep paying a premium for a 3 minute read.

They should sell omnibus only and bulk up their digital distributions. Yeah the printing market is gonna yet killed off but clinging to it is bleeding them dry.
>>
File: no ma'am.png (403KB, 642x476px) Image search: [Google]
no ma'am.png
403KB, 642x476px
>>134887777
>>134889157
They might as well have drawn those guys like this. Would have been a good pop culture reference and funnier too.
>>
>>134885259
Not DC and Marvel Comics, that's for sure.
>>
>>134859966
How's your paper on us going?
>>
File: 1490909045405.jpg (1MB, 3239x1628px) Image search: [Google]
1490909045405.jpg
1MB, 3239x1628px
>>134883861
>black and white
>lower drawing standards
Go watch kaoru mori drawing a panel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y3fDiQTU4E
>>
File: Wikia_MWC_-_Hot_off_the_grill.png (211KB, 537x336px) Image search: [Google]
Wikia_MWC_-_Hot_off_the_grill.png
211KB, 537x336px
>>134889958
>Funnier
I doubt they understand what that word means.
>>
>>134885259
>because I've read tons of comics with a right wing slant or bias.
Name them.
>>
>>134889955
Theres good modern anime. desu i just read manga now, I get it quicker and there is a much larger selection.
>>
The problem with the print industry is years ago Writers, Artists and Editors all had real life experience they had worked in things other than comics, the were veterans, wrote other things had REAL jobs and then ended up in comics.
now the people running the industry went straight from college ( or in a lot of cases highschool) straight into the comic industry with being in the comic industry as their goal

So of course it is run by beta numale faggots and one of the high ups at Marvel is muslim woman SJW that is a fan of Linda Sharia or what ever her name is
>>
>>134889654
That is a shoop right?
>>
File: hellsing-318146.jpg (142KB, 800x1167px) Image search: [Google]
hellsing-318146.jpg
142KB, 800x1167px
>>134883861
Kohta Hirano's works beg to differ.
>>
>>134867985

The other one doesn't even have a fucking mouth how are they kissing fuck you
>>
>>134890927
To be fair, Hellsing looks terrible.
>>
>>134862770
>above teen rating
>because it has sex and gore
no that's what you do to get edgy teenagers to read your shit
>>
>>134861349
Kek, that girl has an adult trap face!
Duh Fuggggggg X----------D
>>
>>134889955
>>134890509
>There's a charm, personality and humor to them that you just don't find in modern shit.
Same for me too, and it isn't just "nostalgia glasses" since I see it in shit I never even knew existed as a kid. And the weird thing is, sometimes you find modern non-western media like anime that still has that peculiar charm to it. Can't find any in the west, though I admit we're overexposed to American jew filth so maybe some euros still make something worthwhile.
>>
File: img000024.png (231KB, 888x1263px) Image search: [Google]
img000024.png
231KB, 888x1263px
>>134884772
>And if you think they're devoid of gore, sex and hard violence
I guess things like Dungeon Seeker are super adult to you, huh?
>>
>>134887501
>>their idol super hero is no more then a perverts fantasy character to try and normalize his fetish.
If anything, these facts will make her more compelling. The only common underlying thread to these people is depravity, the discourse is to confuse the plebs.
>>
>>134886470
wasn't there one wither talking to Clinton during the election?

Everyone said it was out of character for hiliary to be concerned for her bodyguards/ss safety?
>>
>>134860667
Sounds like you already have a child.
>>
>>134891038
Book 4 onward is good, in defense of the art. Prior volumes had less detail and proportion problems.
>>
>>134861378
Did you consider growing the fuck up at all?
>>
>>134891871
>Author's artistic name is literally Sakamoto666
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>134884772
Western comics weren't even good before they got SJWed. I mean, you basically have three categories: Superheroes, edgy and artsy, all of which are fairly liberal as far as politics are concerned.

While I'm not going to claim that manga is a particularly great medium, at least it has the occasional gem. It also has the advantage of being written and drawn by the same author/team from beginning to end, and is self-contained. It doesn't have an endless amount of different artists, storylines and universes over the span of 70 years.

There's nothing like Berserk or Vagabond in the west.
>>
>>134877050
Space the white mans home.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.