[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do we get rid of "sin taxes"?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

how do we get rid of "sin taxes"?
>>
>>134752101
by taxing the rich who can take the hit more to make up for it while also removing the backwards christian cargo cult that's in the government
>>
>>134752101
By voting in small government politicians.
>>
>>134752217
what? why does someone have to take a hit for it? tell the gov to raise their funds elsewhere, sin taxes are fucking bullshit
>>
File: verypure.jpg (23KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
verypure.jpg
23KB, 340x270px
>>134752101
you don't. reduce taxes on pure things and allow the mold to hold up the ceiling.

do you not know anything?
>>
>>134752600
beer is a pure thing
>>
Only problem I have with "sin taxes" as they are right now (in Germany) is that the purpose should be to reduce the use of goods that are deemed harmful but in reality taxes are increased in such a way that demand does not actually decrease. It's just another way to create more tax revenue. Either make sin taxes high enough to discourage people from buying and using those goods or treat them like any other goods, don't just disguise it as a sin tax when it's whole purpose is to pull more money out of peoples pockets.
>>
>>134753929

Trouble is when you put sin taxes too high it creates a black market for such goods. Say you taxed scotch so a $40 became $200. A crime syndicate could charge $90 a bottle. They set it low enough to generate demand but high enough to take advantage of the artificial profit margin price floors create.
>>
File: 1500073357251.jpg (394KB, 2057x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1500073357251.jpg
394KB, 2057x3000px
>>134753300
Wine is Food.
>>
>>134754275
Just like you can easily find the right price to maximize profits you can also easily find the right increase in tax to decrease demand without overdoing it, I don't see the problem. If demand didn't increase after imposing a "sin tax", clearly the intention has always been to get more tax revenue without actually discouraging people from buying the products.
>>
>>134754933
>I don't see the problem.
you don't see the problem in taxing a consumable beverage? how fucking socialst are you? get your dirty arab hands off my beer ahmed
>>
>>134752101
Get rid of sin
>>
>>134755319
If it was up to me there wouldn't be any sin taxes. I am just saying that if you are going to impose them they need to be high enough to actually serve their purpose.
>>
>>134752101
Raise taxes on capital gains, implement a high value-added tax for luxury items. Use this money to phase out excise taxes.

Pretty simple if you ask me. The issue always seems to be that the government doesn't want to raise taxes on the wealthy by even a penny.
>>
>>134752101
If you don't sin, they can't tax you
>>
>>134752279
Second post gives the only actual answer and is ignored. Why was this thread started if the OP was not genuinely seeking a solution?
>>
>>134755963
/thread
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.