[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is adhd disqualified by the army

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

why is adhd disqualified by the army
>>
Because if you can't keep focussed on your target you're fucking useless as a soldier.
>>
Why are they saluting with a closed fist? Like they want a good hard fist up the ashe?
>>
>>134732550
Anti-bootlicker evolution
>>
>>134732550
Just tell them you're a tranny
>>
>>134732550
one of the worst defects someone could have
>>
>>134732866
not an argument
>>
lack of impulse control
>>
>>134733000
Only if you have the hyperactive subtype. If you have the predominantly inattentive subtype you generally don't have a lack of impulse control.
>>
Because they can't be psychologically conditioned the way a soldier needs to be
>>
>>134733217
Nah dude, -PIfags are still very impulsive. They're just impulsive with their thoughts and attention.

ADHDfags can't pay attention to things BECAUSE their focus and attention is impulsively drawn all over the fucking place
>>
>>134732550
So I can't get in it
>>
>>134732550
If you can't focus you get real dead real quick.
>>
>>134733443
This.
ADHD is an old gene from our hunter/gatherer days.
We have no trouble whatsoever tracking a target.
Military bullshit is the main problem.
>>
>>134734105
But can you lie on the ground for 3 hours at 2am keeping still and silent keeping watch for your mates?
>>
>>134732671
Commies?
>>
>>134734105
this. in fact id be willing to bet people with ADHD make better special forces.
>>
>>134734253
I could stay still but now keep my focus for 3 hours. I'm a lot better than I used to be, but that means I can run errands and drive without completely forgetting what I'm doing, where I am, and what I'm supposed to get done then return home and unload my vehicle completely and then get back to tasks at home. Being on watch would just be stupid unless it's some serious survival mode that kicks in hyper focus.
>>
>>134734505
not*
>>
>>134734505
Being a soldier isn't like COD where you get put into an arena and fight. It's about focused patrols to find the enemy before he finds you and destroy him with surprise and extreme violence. That takes a lot of silence, and discipline, and focus over months to keep yourself and those around you safe, and aggression only at the last 1% of the time.

I think people with adhd would struggle to keep focus patrolling from dawn to dusk and then laying an ambush at night. I wouldn't want the guy looking out for me while I have a meal or clean my weapon to be getting so easily distracted
>>
Reminder that misdiagnosis is a thing and anyone who claims to be professionally diagnosed with such serious disorders are more prone to be scrutinized. That means shut your fucking face for once.
>>
>>134732550
i had a 19yr old kid with ADHD in my squad guy was a fucking danger to everyone was booted out of the army after UD'ing for the 5th time, cunt was always playing with the fucking safety click click click click BANG!
>>
>>134734505
Yeah, hyper focus is the key term here.
In our modern world the tendency to go into hyper focus creates trouble, since you're forced to switch focus constantly due to hyperstimulation.
This is the opposite of what the ADHD brain is good at.
>>
>>134732550
>why is adhd disqualified by the army
It only is if they know about it faggot.
>>
>>134735190
UD I assume means unintentional, right?

We call it ND for negligent discharge. More fitting if you ask me. Accidental discharges are only the result of mechanical failure of the firearm.
>>
File: 3940294902.gif (746KB, 245x190px) Image search: [Google]
3940294902.gif
746KB, 245x190px
>depression is disqualifying but wanting to mutilate yourself and chop your dick off isn't
>>
>>134732550
it shows you've gone over the limit on toxic pollutants in your diet and are not needed at this time
cannonfodder.jpg
>>
>>134735001
That's what I'm saying. If I didn't feel a direct imminent threat I think that keeping watch would be difficult for me aside from the hyper active part. Adults who still have ADHD usually grow out of hyperactivity. My mind would struggle, I think, but I couldn't say for certain that I wouldn't be able to adjust. I wouldn't want someone with ADHD on watch while I were sleeping either.
>>
>>134734335
Really? Anyone I've met with ADHD would be the last people if give a gun to.
>>
>>134732550
>why is adhd disqualified by the army

Because war is a team activity and hyper nutcases don't function well in those environments.

OP is genetically defective and should have itself sterilized.
>>
>>134735750
ADHD is just a made up disorder for energetic kids.
>>
>>134732550
i dont see what the problem is here
>>
>>134732866
>one of the worst defects someone could have

bullshit.
my son was diagnosed with this while in elementary school. ten years later he's an accomplished violinist and on track to be an engineer
>>
The lack of understanding in this thread about adhd is fucking amazing. Holy shit /pol/ how u fail so bad at dis.
>>
>>134735838
Its not, there are a few out there with ADHD, its usually coupled with some other mental health issues tho that overpowers the ADHD
>>
>>134736972
>some other mental health issues
Like what other madeup bullshit?
>>
>>134737233
autism
>>
>>134736880
You have "made up diagnosis" on one end and edgelords with no understanding of eugenics on the other.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.