[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On holiday in America

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: CS_9.3.12_labor_day_OPP.jpg (95KB, 570x350px) Image search: [Google]
CS_9.3.12_labor_day_OPP.jpg
95KB, 570x350px
My first trip here, AMA.

Apologies for bailing early on the last thread, I went out to dinner. J1 visa, been here a week, will be here another month, travelling up the West coast from San Diego, currently in Los Angeles. Went shooting yesterday, guns are tremendous fun.

I tell people that I'm a Trump supporter as are most Irish (it's just most are afraid to admit it) and enjoy the resulting confusion.
>>
Anyone?
>>
File: 1492668164215.gif (474KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
1492668164215.gif
474KB, 188x174px
>>134723550
>>
>>134724770
?
>>
>>134723550
Jesus Christ man wait till you get out of California before you actually go shooting.
>>
>>134723550
Wait till you get out of California. You'll get to see America.
>>
>>134724883
It's hard to say no when you're invited.

I'm quite shocked at how open and friendly everyone was. I think everyone wanted me to shoot their gun.

Also, I've noticed that being hungry here is something that is a thing that is always immediately tended to. I also can't believe the amount of free food. The first time I went to a restaurant, they gave us free nachos and we were very concerned that we hadn't ordered them. The wait staff had to explain to us that they were complimentary - and they kept on filling them back up! Same with the sodas, but I knew about that ahead of time - not that they were free, but that free refills were a thing.
>>
>>134725344
Chips and salsa or chips and queso (more rare) are a popular free appetizer given to guests in many southwestern restaurants. Free bread or breadsticks are often given in other styles of restaurant.

If you talk to a lot of folks you might get invited to their house for a meal. A lot of Americans are friendly enough (at least, outside of the cities) to do that. They want to share America with others.
>>
>>134724990
I don't feel like I'm not seeing America at all. I saw your aircraft carriers down in San Diego and had a tour of the Enterprise. I also drove through an enormous military base on the way to Los Angeles. America's military might is extraordinary. I'm currently staying with some friends of my parents in orange county which isn't quite Los Angeles I suppose. I can't get over how clean everything is.
>>
>>134725344
Free chips and salsa is the shit. Most places will give free bread, chips, cormbread etc. Get out of cali and see the desert. Texas. Florida. New england. Guns are fun.
>>
>>134725344
>(((free)))
>>
>>134725651
I have noticed that! The people across the street, this is how the greeting went
>hello, is that the guy from Ireland?
>hello, yes
>hello
>would you like to come over, we're having a cook out are you hungry here have a beer
>spent rest of evening drinking beer and eating bratwurst with new friends

It takes a lot of getting used to.
>>
>>134723550
Come home to the Midwest, white man.
Come see the Dakotas
>>
>>134725941
I think most places in america will do these. People are for the most part real nice and want to help a stranger out. At least my exp growing up in the south.
>>
>>134725941
Being friendly and neighborly is typically a pretty common thing for good communities in America. You'll probably experience many more invites like that as you travel around.
>>
>>134726133
It is very nice if a bit disorienting. It's strange to just instantly trust people and go into their houses, eat their food and it seems like a peculiar form of insanity from their perspective, inviting some unknown traveller in for a drink.
>>
>>134726575
Its because in a good community, we expect good people to be around, so we don't worry about it. You are less likely to see this behavior in shit communities, but you do see it from Hispanics a lot, even if the community is a bit run down. Southern Hispanics can be very friendly and inviting.
>>
>>134726029
Next time, unless I can make a quick detour. Too bad there isn't a train I can take.
>>
>>134726851
I'm currently in Coto De Caza which must be nice, there are palatial houses here and everyone is either white or Asian.

Also, there are lots of coyotes here, the racket they made last night was, well, I think a bunch of them were fighting outside nearby. It was scary, but I'm told it's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>134727554
Yeah coyotes wont bother you. Lots of asians in cali.
>>
File: DAsLk53WsAArTjL.png (596KB, 437x600px) Image search: [Google]
DAsLk53WsAArTjL.png
596KB, 437x600px
>>134723550
High and Low points in the trip so far? Also, the food... Thoughts?
>>
>>134723550

>On holiday

I gagged
>>
>>134727713
Low point--shortly after arrival, got a hire car and promptly got lost. I had to stop at a McDonalds and get my phone working so I could use data and GPS, it was frustrating.

High point--hard to say. After I got the phone sorted it's been just one high after another. Probably the shooting guns was the most memorable. I can't believe the cities, San Diego and Los Angeles are huge, I don't think I've ever seen so many skyscrapers in one place.

I have yet to have a bad meal. The food is so cheap! I'm not used to tipping though. I think I'm in love with Mexican food.
>>
Oh, and I was told that the beer here is bad. That's not true at all unless it's that Corona shit. I really like Sam Adams, I'm going to have to bring some home when I leave.
>>
>>134728953
Try Budweiser. Yuengling. Shiner Bock. See how you like those. American microbeers are big on hops IPA style
>>
>>134728653
Just don't mention that Trump supporter shit. It's not worth the hassle to people that were literally suicidal on Election Night. Also, always respect big rigs (let them be 12 meters in front of you), don't wanna end up in bestgore, don'tcha? Always be aware of incoming traffic in the highway, fucking drunk fucks my dude (2 accidents myself because of those shitheads).

Don't go to seedy areas for the sake of enrichment.
>>
File: pepe question 2.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
pepe question 2.png
29KB, 741x568px
>>134728953
>>134728653
Why are you so happy about it? Don't you guys have this stuff over there?
>>
>>134729962
Noted, thanks!
>>134730393
Lol they asked me first. "What do they think of Trump over in Ireland?" I don't really dwell on it though, I don't want to said as retarded as an American would discussing Irish politics.

The highways here are jaw-dropping. I think at one point I counted 18 lanes across. I like to just get behind a lorry and follow it instead of trying to go into the faster lanes. It seems safer that way.

Even the local roads are huge here. 4 to 6 lanes across and 50 mph. No wonder you don't bother with having trains.
>>
>>134725941
that's what happens when ur shifty country is filled with christcuck fags.they can't mind their own fucking business
>>
>>134730999
Not really. We do have good beer of course, but it seems like the same 10 brands everywhere I go.

And no, Ireland doesn't have good Mexican restaurants or burger places where the meat is 50% bacon.
>>
>>134729962
SHiner bock
>>
File: cali.jpg (418KB, 1407x791px) Image search: [Google]
cali.jpg
418KB, 1407x791px
>>134723550

Go see one of Cali's redwood forests before you go back home OP. Might be a bit of a hike from where you are, but it's definitely worth it.

Pic related
>>
I've just moved from Ireland to Canada myself anon. The culture shock is pretty nice don't you think? Obviously there are tremendous differences between America and Canada but the culture is largely the same for the most part, it's like a different world to back home. I do also enjoy the confusion when Canucks ask who I would have voted for and I say Trump. I'm living outside of Toronto and a lot of people out here seem to be redpilled to be fair. Although I have seen things I would have only seen in cringe/rage threads back at home.
>>
>>134732440
Yeah. Shiner Bock from Shiner texas
>>
>>134731128
>American would discussing Irish politics.
you have a fag paki as prime minister or something, right?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.