[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WOMEN USED TO RULE TECH UNTIL MEN CAME ALONG AND PUSHED THEM OUT

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: hidden niggers.png (29KB, 693x389px) Image search: [Google]
hidden niggers.png
29KB, 693x389px
>WOMEN USED TO RULE TECH UNTIL MEN CAME ALONG AND PUSHED THEM OUT
>>
File: commodore pet.jpg (60KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
commodore pet.jpg
60KB, 1024x1024px
>>134641705
>punchcards in the 80s

child/retard detected, I was fucking around with pic related in about 1983 and it was old tech by then.
>>
>>134643379
A ton of universities did punchcard stuff well into the 80s. My dad got his masters working on one.
>>
>>134643626
i think the point is that there weren't armies of women inserting punchcards into computers in the 80s
>>
>>134643626
I'm sure there were some hold-overs that lasted for quite awhile until replacement became less expensive than operation of the old gear, but by the 80s that was probably fairly rare. Magnetic storage prototypes date back at least to the 1950s that I am aware of, probably even earlier.
>>
>>134641705
Black people used to have all the technology before white people came along and pushed them out and stole it all
>>
>>134641705
SHE WUZ TECH QUEENZ AND SHIEET SISTA
>>
>>134643626
I used punch cards at a workplace just last year.
>>
File: hidden niggers 2.png (34KB, 695x435px) Image search: [Google]
hidden niggers 2.png
34KB, 695x435px
>>134641705
continued
>>
>>134644176

ya except at universities around the country who employed a lot of people, elsewhere computing was still not as big. at most, huge corporations would have a mainframe and terminal computers
>>
>>134641705
continued again
>>
File: hidden niggers 3.png (31KB, 691x413px) Image search: [Google]
hidden niggers 3.png
31KB, 691x413px
>>134644823
forgot pic
>>
File: 1495416477065.jpg (25KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
1495416477065.jpg
25KB, 402x402px
/pol/ are women dumb
my gf is pretty smart, but her clit is massive & looks exactly like a penis but she said thats just how women evolved to pollinate
>>
>>134641705
I mean my mom was a computer science/electrical engineering double major in the 1980s and then she married my dad who made millions of dollars and never worked to raise my brother, sister, and I so that's something.
>>
>>134641705
>Men and Women can only be equal in communist society

lol fucking commies
>>
>>134641705
WE
WUZ
>>
File: hidden niggers 4.png (41KB, 723x397px) Image search: [Google]
hidden niggers 4.png
41KB, 723x397px
>>134641705
last comment from the guy with sjw mentality
>>
>>134644891
Big clits scare me desu.
>>
>>134645047
QUANZ!!!
>>
File: 0214_martin.jpg (38KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
0214_martin.jpg
38KB, 500x386px
>>134645047
WANGZ
>>
>>134644682
>doing math was seen as women's work
Let's see a list of all of those female Fields Medal recipients.
>>
>>134645218
>what is increased demand after dot com and silicon valley boom
No goyim it must be gendered discrimination.
>>
>>134644891
>my gf is pretty smart, but her clit is massive & looks exactly like a penis
post it plz
>>
Women were used as "human computers" since the 1600s since the work was dull and math geniuses wanted to do "exciting work". The whole point of inventing computers was to relieve human labor so people didn't have to execute the constant menial labor of endless calculation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_computer

Anyway yes women were still used as human computers up until the 1950s-60s, but by the 1970s-80s computers started to become something that fat nerds developed in their parents garage and it stopped being popular to women until the Big Bang Theory made being le nerdy fashionable.
>>
>>134645418
calculating boring/menial math was seen as woman's work and was fairly female from the 1600s-1960s

Women voluntarily left the industry when it stopped being professional office work
>>
>>134645418
And yet the past, though of its nature alterable, never had been altered. Whatever was true now was true from everlasting to everlasting. It was quite simple. All that was needed was an unending series of victories over your own memory.
>>
>>134645709
And became about a bunch of nerds working out of their garages in the 1970s-1980s
>>
>>134644384
>SHE WUZ
>>
>>134641705
My first job out of college in the mid-2000s was in a very "old school" development department in a big company. They had quite a few older Gen X women who had been working on the product since the late 80's. 32% sounds about right.

The modern SJW-driven "girls in code" crap needs to die, but it's ignorant not to realize things were different in the 80's.
>>
i remember when they were called keypunch operators.it was basically typing to punch holes in the cards.
my first computer related job had those cards.
i would get several hundred cards a week to sort, file, order....i also had to make 3 copies of each.
after a few months i asked why 3 copies. one for backup, one for record, and one for keypunch. by then the keypunch operator was obsolete, the computer punched its own cards.
any way, we still had a few of the huge card readers in the storage room.
on a side note, the keypunch people got moved to loading printer paper. that's all they did.
>>
File: changing the face of coding.jpg (119KB, 1024x595px) Image search: [Google]
changing the face of coding.jpg
119KB, 1024x595px
that's right boys, we're going to take our industry back
>>
>>134641705
we wuz computers n shit
>>
>>134645826
HP's was real but Woz has refuted the Apple startup garage a few times https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/the-startup-garage-myth/
>>
>literally tells the truth
>knows what he's talking about
>industry professional
>-2 points

I fucking hate reddit so much
>>
>>134644384
WE WUZ PROGRAMMERS AND SHIEET AND THEN WHITE MALE CAME AND TOOK IT AWAY
>>
>>134645826

Women only really dropped out "programming" because the gross, nerds working out of their garage weren't remotely attractive.

http://www.accountingdegree.com/blog/2011/10-big-businesses-that-started-in-a-garage/

>>134646154

>"The garage is a bit of a myth. It's overblown. The garage represents us better than anything else, but we did no designs there. We would drive the finished products to the garage, make them work and then we'd drive them down to the store that paid us cash."

>Woz explained that the fledgling Apple "outgrew that garage very quickly."

>He added: "There were hardly ever more than two people in the garage and mostly they were sitting around kind of doing nothing productive."

https://www.cnet.com/news/woz-no-apple-was-not-started-in-a-garage/

>nothing productive

Doesn't sound that different from a modern office imo
>>
>>134646475
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-famous-garage-is-a-myth-2014-12
>"The garage is a bit of a myth," he told Bloomberg Businessweek's Brandon Lisy when asked whether the garage was important to Apple's story. "We did no designs there, no breadboarding, no prototyping, no planning of products. We did no manufacturing there."
>"The garage didn't service much purpose, except it was something for us to feel was our home," he said. "We had no money. You have to work out of your home when you have no money."

>didn't service much purpose
modern office confirmed
>>
>lunch break with colleagues
>secretary at my work place whines about STEM being sexist
>then why didn't you study STEM, instead of taking seven years to get a bachelor's in babby's first admin
>reeeee das sexist
>boss man tells her to shut the fuck up
he's based as fuck
>>
>>134647033
Checked. >unarchived clickbaiters.
https://archive.is/orndV
>>
>>134645709

Yeah women were just doing extremely basic tasks in the offices that we've replaced with calculators and spreadsheets.

The woman from the OP pic is imagining that this work doing simple math was equivalent to being a modern computer programming. So as the field got more 'prestige' (in other words started actually being hard), it started paying more which is triggering the woman.

Programming involves coming up with your own solutions to problems which is not something women are typically good at. Women are followers that want to work in group environments and have their work more structured. While being able to work with a group can help to an extent, women naturally get depressed if their group is getting recognition rather than the individual women as they don't identify as part of the group. This results in every woman needing to get some pat on the back while the men are comfortable just having their group getting some praise.

Women are basically a cancer on the workplace and only ever want to do work where they feel like it gives them greater recognition.
>>
>>134648764
>Women are followers that want to work in group environments and have their work more structured.

I agree, that's why they left the field. They want the workplace to be a social setting first and a workplace second.
>>
>>134648764
There are, and have been, some brilliant women in tech but they didn't require any Girlz Code Camp or Leg Up program to get there.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.