[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apathy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: flat,800x800,075,t.jpg (93KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.jpg
93KB, 800x800px
Has anybody else here become increasingly jaded about politics? Ever since I was old enough to understand politics I've been slowly but surely shifting from left-centrist, to centrist, to right-centrist. 4chan and especially /pol/ has done a great job speeding the process up.

But recently I've reached the point where I barely care about left vs right anymore. The first thing I look at whenever I watch the news or read a thread is how that will impact ME, and the people close to me. Society barely matters; only me and mine do. Any political views I express openly are based off how that will affect the people close to me instead of how it will affect my city/country/race. Anybody else know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>134593873
Yea that's what happened to me. We're not in the times of fighting (i mean physically) for political revolution. Ideologies have become so saturated that people talk about them like fashion or trading cards. You've come to find that the problem at the end of the day is an internal one, a human one. No matter how perfect the system, humans are not. The revolution that must take place is one of the mind and spirit, and politics is something that must be fluid and adaptable.
Subjectivity is the only objective.
>>
>>134594309
It's not even that. I don't want any kind of revolution; I just want everybody to fuck off and leave us alone. Let people live their lives in peace. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>134594928
Yea. What you're asking for requires people to change how they think and act. Hence a revolution of the mind and spirit.
But people are assholes. Even if the government won't shoot you, your neighbor might, hence the need for a government in the first place.
It's pointless because the initial problem starts with people. Where as everyone believes the problem comes from some ideology. This is the reason why politics are discussed in the first place. We see them as sources or solutions to our worldly problems.
>>
Learn English you fucking aardappel
>>
Yes but not because of politics. I'm schizoid and insanely apathetic. Politics is something I really enjoy. Perhaps because I'm withdrawn it makes me feel a sort of connection to what is happening in the world.
>>
>>134595225
Why does it not stem from an ideology? People believe in an ideology, and it spurs them to do things. Things that they would not have done if they hadn't been convinced by said ideology.
>>
As we age, we begin to understand more about our system we live in and it is beyond dissapointing.

It's hard to ignore all the politics
Best I can do is fight for the issues I care about
>>
>>134595606
Same
>>
>>134595637
Ask why they adopted the ideology. What was the problem beforehand that led them to feel the need to believe in a system. That would be closer to the real problem. The ideology was what the people felt was the solution. It only becomes a problem when it gets in the way of someone else's ideology.
>>
>>134593873
You're not jaded. You're just a normie.
>>
File: 1500601292418.jpg (68KB, 599x547px) Image search: [Google]
1500601292418.jpg
68KB, 599x547px
>>134593873
Yes, once I hit my 30s I stopped being a partisan faggot and realised that they're all cunts, trust no one with power, fuck everything and just try to find whatever makes you happy.

Works for me.
>>
Now that I'm in my 40's I do not find this at all weird. I've always had a left leaning ideology, but a solid Conservative upbringing. I have just gotten into politics to keep my brain limber from sitting behind a monitor all day long. I have found that besides being and adult, this was the worst decision that I have taken in a long time, but here we all are.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.