[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will fusion deprecate Climate Change politics?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 84231735.jpg (20KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
84231735.jpg
20KB, 475x356px
So I keep hearing libtards saying how much a travesty it is that Trump is pulling out of the Paris Climate Accord. Wouldn't it be better if the green subsidies and funding were better utilized in seeking development of fusion?

If Trump was right, only 2/10 of a degree of global warming would be affected by 2100 by ceding to the terms of the Paris Climate Accord. Even if it was more, by 2050 we'll have fusion for cheap and clean energy and it would nullify efforts to have prevented further warming. We already have fusion experiments that have provided net gains in energy output, so we're on track to delivering it by the deadline, and might even sneak it in years ahead of schedule.

Also, I don't particularly believe in anthropogenic climate change because relatively few studies show human activity correlated to global warming and other celestial bodies are warming as well (not just Mars).
>>
File: s.jpg (8KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
8KB, 310x163px
>>134532005
fusion is still in its fairitale stage, sure we will probably get it to work but who knows what unknown negative scenarios building small suns in easily bombed areas will cause.

Those who think the paris accord would do anything to stop global warming are just bad at math, just like the californians who blocked clean energy plants in the US, the funded the dirtiest coal power plants a mile south of the border to create the energy they needed.
>>
>>134532673
This. Leftards can't get into maths. But love (((science))) because they have a gender studies major.
>>
File: temps_two_studies.jpg (73KB, 563x302px) Image search: [Google]
temps_two_studies.jpg
73KB, 563x302px
>muh always showing just the last 100 years of data to scare the brainwashed zombies

global warming/climate change is an industry unto itself and they want worldwide "carbon taxes" on top of that. it is an insidious thing far beyond that even.

you won't understand wtf i'm talking about unless you look into these things for yourself. so, you can do that (takes effort)... or blindly continue to go along with their agenda. whatever.

did you know having ice cap is an anomaly? did you know that the earth has been ice cap free for ~90% of its existence? did you know by definition ice caps only exist during ice ages? did you know we are at the tail end of a CURRENT ice age now? did you know the caps extended as far down as missouri/kentucky just 20,000 years ago and have been receding ever since that peak? did you know the caps are going bye-bye even if every person on the planet disappeared 20,000 years ago?

THE OCEAN'S RELEASE *ALL ON ITS OWN* IS FAR LARGER AND MORE IMPORTANTLY *OUT ACCELERATING* MANS CONTRIBUTION

THE OCEAN IS RELEASING MORE DUE TO WARMER TEMPS (WARMER WATER = IT'S A FAR LESS EFFECTIVE C02 SINK)

IF HUMANS NEVER AROSE CO2 WOULD BE INCREASING AT ALMOST THE EXACT SAME RATE AS IT IS RIGHT NOW

THIS HAPPENS AT THE END OF EVERY ICE AGE

STOP BEING SO FUCKING GULLIBLE AND LAZY

LOOK INTO THINGS FOR YOURSELF AND STOP TAKING WHAT THE MSM, EPA.GOV AND NASA.GOV ETC. TELL YOU AT FACE VALUE, YOU LAZY SHITS. IT IS ABOUT POWER AND CONTROL.

ICE AGES AND PERMANENT ICE *ARE AN ANOMALY*

BY DEFINITION AN "ICE AGE" IS WHEN THE EARTH HAS PERMANENT ICE SHELVES

WE HAD ICE A MILE THINK IN CINCINNATI JUST 20,000 YEARS AGO

THE PLANET IS WARMING AND THE CAPS ARE METLING

THAT MEANS = MORE CO2, SEA RISE AND WEATHER PATTERN CHANGES

WE CAN'T STOP OR ALTER IT, WE WILL ADAPT JUST FINE

STOP BEING SCARED INTO TAX SCHEMES AND GLOBALIST POWER PLAYS YOU DUMBED DOWN ZOMBIES
>>
its air pollution not ((global warming)) chemtrails are also real but are only implemented to manipualte block out the sunlight and cause cancers
>>
>>134532673
The fusion would be magnetically contained. It requires a lot of energy to sustain fusion, and without active priming the fusion would die away naturally. Fusion is passively safe unlike most nuclear fission plants.
>>
File: IMG_0095.png (364KB, 620x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0095.png
364KB, 620x569px
>>134532005
If Trump was able to articulate why fusion would be good, at least independents and some libs would be on board. Also, what is this meme about liberal not wanting nuclear? Yes there's a large portion of liberals (maybe even most) who would prefer renewable energy, but plenty that fine with modern nuclear plants.
Trump is simply bad at convincing the general public that nuclear is good. I'm willing to bet she thinks nuclear is bad because the word "nuclear", until someone in his staff tells him it's a good thing.
>>
>>134532673
>we will probably get it to work but who knows what unknown negative scenarios building small suns in easily bombed areas will cause.
i'd rather have a coal plant than a nuclear wasteland , more jobs too
>>
>>134533467
Like I mentioned, fusion is passively safe. The only reason it's sustained in the sun is because of its massive gravity.
>>
File: LHD_VV_2.jpg (341KB, 1160x640px) Image search: [Google]
LHD_VV_2.jpg
341KB, 1160x640px
>>134533599
>time travel is safe
>>
FUSION? YOU MEAN LIKE NUCLEARS?!
>>
>>134533928
Look here if you don't believe. If a camera is safe inside one, why wouldn't anything else?

https://youtu.be/X2v3CNKFF_o
>>
File: 1484658705193.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484658705193.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>134533928
>Let's cease to do what Whites are best at, which is proficiency in hard science and technological innovation
>>
>>134534168
More info on fusion: https://av.voanews.com/Videoroot/Pangeavideo/2016/04/4/42/42c9d0ed-a5c4-406a-8629-8ae2575ffcac_hq.mp4?download=1

So it looks like by 2028 we'll have working experiments with a huge reactor. This one may be related to the one that produced net positive energy, I'm unsure. Either way that's a good opportunity to be ready for fusion, much ahead of 2050.
>>
>>134535310
Sorry, non download link: https://av.voanews.com/Videoroot/Pangeavideo/2016/04/4/42/42c9d0ed-a5c4-406a-8629-8ae2575ffcac_hq.mp4
>>
Fusion is all very good, but the field of LENR looking more promising.

The ECCO reactor with a supposed gain of 8 over input is going to undergo some testing by the MFMP soon. Could be a game changer.

Anyway - keep an eye on LENR research.
>>
>>134537021
Cold fusion, eh? Well if you don't want to be a laughing stock and be supported by technology that can definitively put an end to climate debate, then standard fusion is the way to go. I'd much rather see progress in development of hot fusion if it promises to dispel climate change 'science' for what it is. I'll still keep an eye on LENR to see wtf is going on but don't have high hopes for it.
>>
>>134537866
LENR is different from cold fusion, but I do agree with your point. Cold fusion got a bad name, and really gives the LENR field a tough time breaking through.
I think both could work well together - hot fusion stations acting as hubs, and LENR facilities on the spokes / community generation.
LENR would be ideal for transport such as shipping. Let's see how it goes I guess...
>>
>>134533048
Best Post
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.