[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why will Australia not allow a conscience vote?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

File: australiagay.png (16KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
australiagay.png
16KB, 500x404px
http://archive.is/m5Lei

Prominent conservatives within the Coalition are split over whether to hold a postal vote plebiscite on same-sex marriage to stymie a push by Liberal moderates for a conscience vote on the issue.

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton has backed the idea and the Queensland Liberal National Party passed a motion at its state convention last week calling for the Turnbull government to conduct a postal vote.

Unlike a regular poll, a postal-vote plebiscite would not require legislation to establish, would not be compulsory and and would be far cheaper to administer.

Nationals MP George Christensen, who opposes same-sex marriage, said: "We have been roadblocked by Labor and the Greens in the Senate.

Marriage equality campaigners are adamantly opposed to a postal-vote plebiscite, saying it is a "flawed and biased" proposal.

"A postal vote will favour the no case because younger voters, who are more likely to support marriage equality, are less likely to return their voluntary postal ballots," same-sex marriage advocate Rodney Croome said.'

UNSW constitutional law expert George Williams said a postal-vote plebiscite was a "dangerous and unwise" idea that would likely be challenged in the courts.

"It would be a desperate move."
>>
Faggots need to get aids and die.
>>
File: square_circles.png (286KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
square_circles.png
286KB, 600x600px
>>134519516
Can you imagine the absolute gall of someone saying that overturning centuries of cultural understanding of a concept integral to their own civilization should require the people of that civilization's approval!

This kind of bigoted and hate-fueled thinking is just an excuse to let bigots and hateful people say bigoted and hate-filled things against an already discriminated against minority!

What should - no, MUST - happen is that the gay community decide whether they want marriage for themselves, and then the constitution be changed based on THEIR decision! If you're not gay, it doesn't affect you, so you shouldn't have a say! ANYONE who disagrees is a hateful bigot!
>>
File: Aboriginal-Petition.png (407KB, 569x456px) Image search: [Google]
Aboriginal-Petition.png
407KB, 569x456px
It was heartening to see this week indigenous Australians express their support for man woman marriage.

They made their views known on Wednesday, when a group of Aboriginal leaders and elders presented a traditional ‘Bark Petition’ to the Australian Parliament.

The petition, written in the language of the Pitjantjatjara People, the traditional owners of Uluru, says it is offensive to the Aboriginal people to suggest another definition of marriage.

http://marriage.greekorthodox.org.au/2015/08/aboriginal-leaders-say-no-to-gay-marriage/
>>
File: bat_nipples.png (369KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
bat_nipples.png
369KB, 600x449px
>>134519609
I think even taking a vote of homosexual people is wrong because there are some homosexuals who have a lot of internalised heteronormative self-hate and so because of their oppression will vote against their own self interests!

The gay community is represented by the gay lobby, and the gay lobby wants this! I mean, that's why these bodies exist - to give voice to a community and overcome systemic oppression! If the head of the gay lobby says on the news that there should be gay marriage, then the nation MUST! RESPECT! THEM!
>>
File: petition.jpg (338KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
petition.jpg
338KB, 1600x1200px
>>134520107
the petition
>>
>>134520107
>abos are bigots
LMFAO why would you want to side with those subhuman apes?
Gay marriage is the ultimate red pill DESU
>>
BECAUSE IT'S EXPENSIVE AND NON-BINDING

WE HAVE PARLIAMENT PRECISELY BECAUSE WE ARE NOT A FUCKING DIRECT DEMOCRACY

IT IS THEIR JOB TO SORT THIS SHIT OUT

FOR ONCE IN THEIR LIFE CAN THEY ACTUALLY EARN A FUCKING PAYCHECK
>>
>>134520298
ps im on holiday
>>
>>134522082
Seriously. Where's our aus/pol/?
>>
>>134519516
Homosexuality is a mental illness and should not be promoted, normalised, or given any recognition under the law.
>>
>>134519516
What is a conscience vote?
>>
>>134522994
members of a party in parliament are not bound by what the party leader wants them to do.
>>
>>134519516
>postal vote plebiscite
are they TRYING to make sure only over 60s vote so it's a majority no?
>>
>>134523067
Our politicians vote against their party all the time. Is there some Aussie law that forces you to follow the party line?
>>
>>134520235
I though that was a Morrowind screenshot at first
>>
>>134520235
Fuck abbos.
Race matters more than sexuality.
>>
>>134523323
Parliaments are different. Germany passed gay marriage once a conscience vote was allowed. Merkel had prior prevented her CDU party from voting for it.
>>
>>134520107

>says it is offensive to the Aboriginal people to suggest another definition of marriage

That's rich coming from heavily inbred savages who up until 200 years ago had no civilisation whatsoever let alone making anything outside of throwing a stick. These idiots didn't even use bows or spears in fact their population was on a massive decline before the Brits even arrived. Not to mention the fact 90% of the indigenous population live in severe population and steal petrol to sniff to make it to the dream time costing petrol stations $22million annually.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dSsS-U55Qwc
>>
>>134519516
>"A postal vote will favour the no case because younger voters, who are more likely to support marriage equality, are less likely to return their voluntary postal ballots,"

Sucks to them.
>>
>>134523323
Not a law, but it's a convention not lightly broken. It's called party discipline.
>>
>>134519609
Don't worry, they're working on it
>>
File: poz.jpg (684KB, 2184x1706px) Image search: [Google]
poz.jpg
684KB, 2184x1706px
>>134519609
>>134525313
this desu
>>
>expensive plebiscite that liberals are banking on not getting up
>labor ministers/senators literally bound to vote the party line
>greens in utter disarray and other cross benchers complete fucktards

Could go either way
>>
I'd postal vote for no. Faggots deserve no quarter after what they did to /r9k/.
>>
>>134525909
Robot land has always been faggotsville tho
>>
>>134525981
Not like this. It's board killing cancer.
>>
>tfw Abo's are gonna stop the Gays getting their own way.

Ever since the Government apologised to the Abo's for their treatment over the last 200 years, the govenment basically sucks the Abo's tits to please them.
>>
>>134519516
>A postal vote will favour the no case because younger people are just too damn lazy to vote.
There you have it folks. They're not interested in fag marriage, only in how much they can virtue signal. You literally have to threaten fines to get leftists to vote.
>>
>>134519516
Marriage is the union between a man and a woman, nothing to do with sex. Why can't pooftah's see past the physical layer of sex and recognise the deeper spiritual meaning of marriage.
>>
>>134528178
>spiritual
that's where you're wrong bucko
state defined marriage is just about taxes and who gets your money when you're dead
religious marriage has nothing to do with it
>>
>>134519516
Didgeridoo you in the ass.
>>
File: 1553921104.jpg (56KB, 637x386px) Image search: [Google]
1553921104.jpg
56KB, 637x386px
>>
File: 1937820117.jpg (100KB, 699x424px) Image search: [Google]
1937820117.jpg
100KB, 699x424px
>>134528316
>>
File: 1500511338207.jpg (40KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500511338207.jpg
40KB, 300x225px
>>134519516
End all marriage laws, plebbitsite on mass immigration.. heh, kaboom.

Seriously, post the Cain toad I'm not sure why we allow the Aus gubbermint to make any laws that affect day to day life.
>>
>>134528259
The state can only follow the will of the people, the people thankfully still adhere to the social norm of spiritual marriage. The state can recognise legal situations like defacto relationships and no one is offended by seeing two blokes with their tongues down each others throats on a Saturday afternoon. That's what it's all about anyway, poofs wanting to rub their filthy lifestyles in everyone's faces, as if any man want's to get fucking married, we only do it for women in the first place.
>>
>>134528681
>plebbitsite on mass immigration
Can't do that now can we, people might vote against it.
>>
>>134519516
We're making sweet tourism $$ off Aussies gays who can't tie the knot back home.

I hope Australian keeps it illegal.
>>
>>134529197
They can tie the knot over here, just to the opposite sex.
>>
>>134519516
The left isn't just against a postal vote plebiscite. They are against any plebiscite because they're worried they will lose. Its so obvious.
>>
>>134529247
EXCUSE ME SHITLORD

there are 53 sexes and none of them are your "opposite" hatespeech
>>
>>134529806
Shitlord???? I identify as a shitlady you bigot.
>>
>>134529886
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU'RE A WHITE MALE!
>>
>>134529941
YOU'RE FUCKING A WHITE BURGER!
>>
>>134520107
WTF i love abo scum now
>>
>>134519516
Moar liek TasGAYnia
>>
>>134519609

Bingo bango bongo.
>>
>postal vote

yeah nah, why not carrier pigeon or morse code?
>>
>>134530309
anon for pm.
>>
>>134520107
wtf i love abos now
>>
>>134520298
How about a referendum to remove federal government power over the definition of marriage?
>>
>>134519516
I doubt there is majority support for Gay Marriage anyway
> the whole thing is a waste of time.
>>
>>134520107
B A S E D ! ! ! ! !
>>
lol who cares
>>
>>134530819
You fags do because you're doing everything to stop actual humans from having their say on it.
>>
>>134530819
>>134530893
This may just be a meme but from my understanding Ireland is the only country to actually vote gay marriage in, the rest had it forced on them.
>>
>>134531205
I don't know about European countries but the US definitely did. Funny that it got blocked three times in CA then when it got overruled by the cucked SC everyone suddenly agrees with it.
>>
>>134531303
I don't recall ever having the opportunity to vote on gay marriage.
>>
>>134531332
Were you in CA a couple of years ago?
>>
>>134531403
Took a trip there give or take 5 years ago. I was not asked to vote.
>>
>>134531531
See CA Proposition 8. Basically the people of CA voted in favor of amending a ban of same sex marriage to the state constitution, funnily the people who most heavily supported this were minorities which made liberals heads spin a bit, but later that year the SC ruled it unconstitutional and it was removed. If I'm understanding it correctly.
>>
>>134531769
Yeah, something like that. Even when I lived in NY and they implemented fag marriage, I still didn't get a chance to vote on it.

Most of our politicians are perverts, and the whole thing is run by Jews, so they just do whatever they want anyway. But it is indeed funny when the people who put these nut jobs in to power reliably don't like their policies.
>>
QLD & WA are going to 'do their own thing'.
The multicultural liberal mess is going to be dumped in Melbournes lap since they spearheaded the movement.
Shitney & N.S.W are still deciding what to do.
>>
>>134520107
Looks like it's useful to have an indigenous, barely civilized population ready to claim "racism" and "oppression" whenever progressive things get pushed.
I'm somewhat grateful we have Sicily, for this.
>>
>>134519516
https://youtu.be/2IPVLQiK2ps
>>
>>134523568
And the fact that they cut their penises in order to stick other penises inside them
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penile_subincision
>>
>>134532201
that northern ireland feel
>>
Aww, if they introduce same sex marriage there won't be anymore Marriage Equality Rallies.
One less excuse to go out in public, get high/drunk and fuck as many strangers as you can.
>>
>>134533872
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penile_subincision
Just when you thought you knew about niggers and jews, here come abos.
>>
File: Shop.jpg (241KB, 957x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Shop.jpg
241KB, 957x1024px
>>134519516
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.