[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Italy have stayed out of WW2?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Should Italy have stayed out of WW2?
>>
>>134506107
yes. It would have been very beneficial to germany.
>>
>>134506107
Yes.
>>
>>134506172
Just for kicks once I played a game of Darkest Hour where I had the allies plus Italy declare war on Germany in 1936 just to see what would happen without them.

Germany actually somehow won the war. They held the border with France and invaded Poland and Northern Italy and invaded France from the south, later taking over Italian Libya and using it as a staging point for taking over most of Africa and with those resources the rest of the world. Thought it was nuts, I was playing as Haiti and just watching the shit happen.
>>
>>134506107
In retrospect, hell yes.
>>
>>134506172
I unironically believe that it would have been better for the Axis war effort had Italy stated neutral the reasons being
>No third Southern Front
>Would have put a big ass road block in North Africa between Vichy France and the middle east oil fields that the Allies would have had to go south of into the Sahara desert (not possible).
>>
>>134506107
We should have anschlussed them too. Italians make magnificent soldiers, but their commanders always suck.
>>
>>134506927
You know what would have really helped? Spain not staying neutral.
>>
They kind of did didn't they?
>>
>>134506107
For the Italian Government of the time? Yes, they would have survived like Spain.

But personaly I think better they did for one less fascist state in the world.
>>
File: 1487984914808.jpg (197KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1487984914808.jpg
197KB, 640x1136px
>italy
>ww2

what? didnt they just fight among themselves for couple years then switched sides when germany started losing? what a big loser that country is. total loser
>>
>>134507713
True the Axis having Gibraltar would have cut the Allies off from the Mediterranean.
>>
>>134506107

They gambled and lost. If you dig into any real numbers they went into the war with like 1/12th of the necessary materials and oil reserves that they would have needed to wage war successfully.

Mussolini was a meme that attempted to ride coattails but just picked the wrong horse.
>>
File: Ital, Ital?.jpg (44KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
Ital, Ital?.jpg
44KB, 494x750px
>>134508011
They went on a stupid adventure in North Africa and Greece, failed miserably and called for help.
>>
>>134508277
And they shouldn't have gone to greece. Literaly giving plot to capitan corelli movie and wasting 2 hours of my life watching that shitty movie.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.