[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we don't go Mars in my lifetime, humanity won't survive

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 87

Trust me, I know what I am talking about. If mankind isn't able to take another step out there after 1969 and the Moon, then it is over. Things are done. The next antibiotics resistent STD will wipe out most of the Chads and Staceys and will only leave introvert betas who can't talk to each other. A generation later, Earth will be void of humans.
>>
>>134467523
We can't leave the earth because of the firmament. Everything they told you is a lie. There is no outer-space.
>>
-1/3rd gravity
-surface is composed of highly toxic salt
-very weak magnetosphere

humanity will never leave earth. there is no where to go. technology isn't strong enough to make it safe.
>>
>>134468553
Venus sky cities are more realistic
>>
>>134467523
>If my we don't go to mars my ego won't survive,
>>
>>134467523
>hurrr guyise if oui dont all mouve to marse we weel all dye
scifitards pls begone
>>
File: eye.jpg (140KB, 777x578px) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
140KB, 777x578px
>>134467523

GET THE FUCK OUT AERON MAN - the planet is FULL - the is no room for the infidel(s) - we were here first!!!

DIE WITH YOUR RAGE
ﷲﷲ ﷼
>>
File: 1490485804662.gif (227KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490485804662.gif
227KB, 600x600px
>>134468553
better red (planet) than dead
>>
>>134467523
You do know that Mars is a desert except for the dry ice of the ice caps.
Well other than pushing for new antibiotics, nanites, better sex practices, and letting the virus spread until a natural immunity happens. The betas are less likely to breed as they die out.

Also sexbots dude, that will most likely remove betas from the gene pool. Space isn't really worth it right now until we need to get more iron and metals. Plus don't trust a snake oil salesman
>>
>>134469139
Fuck off pooland, of course I wouldn't except you subhuman Christcuck slavshits to understand the importance of this.
>>
>>134467523
We are already colonizing Mars.

Save this.
>>
>>134467523

Human survival is racist, sexist, and ableist.

Only Jews should be permitted intersteller harbor from this dying cradle.
>>
>>134467523
>I know what I am talking about
>If mankind isn't able to take another step out there after 1969 and the Moon, then it is over. Things are done. The next antibiotics resistent STD will wipe out most of the Chads and Staceys and will only leave introvert betas who can't talk to each other. A generation later, Earth will be void of humans.

Pick one.
>>
>>134469522
Oh don't you worry there are people actively making sure if the ship goes down, they go with us.
>>
>>134467523
>antibiotics resistent STD will wipe out most of the Chads and Staceys and will only leave introvert betas who can't talk to each other. A generation later, Earth will be void of humans.

Honestly this would probably be the best thing for society at this point, though I don't think it's remotely possible. If there was a disease that was killing everyone who got it, and quickly, all from fucking, people would surely stop sleeping around....right? Right guys?
At least I hope so anyways. Even if that where too happen, it would obviously wipe out africa and the third world first, the west would have plenty of time to get the "stop fucking" message.
But even if we don't, and we all die, there will still be the amish, and some other super conservative groups out there that rigidly enforce monogamy.

Make it just a regular disease and not a STD and then we are fucked.
>>
File: 1500154079155.jpg (64KB, 590x411px) Image search: [Google]
1500154079155.jpg
64KB, 590x411px
>>134469869
>If there was a disease that was killing everyone who got it, and quickly, all from fucking, people would surely stop sleeping around....right? Right guys?
You mean like AIDS? Faggotry is on the rise my man.
>>
>>134467523

if you knew even the slightest thing about space you would know that Venus is where its at
>>
>>134467523
>The meek shall inherit the Earth.
The real alphas are the typically strong and silent Christians who wait until marriage to have sex instead of insecurely flaunting their sexuality.
>>
File: 1483218720971.jpg (444KB, 2672x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1483218720971.jpg
444KB, 2672x1600px
>>134467523
Look at actual world nigga, massive immigration, africans fuck like rats, autonomation of jobs, resource disappear, global temperature,because of that hundreds of million people from africa will leave to usa/europe. The world will become shit in maxim 50 years, and the world will collapse. We need to leave or build some new technology to make mars good for humans. We need an albert einstein of 21 century or we're going to die.
>>
>>134470120
>AIDS
>quickly
pick one
>>
>>134467523
Mars is a shitty desert, we're better off building free floating space colony spheres from scratch
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 262x193px
>>134468714

THANK
FUCKING
YOU

all these musk dick sucking mars autists need to get the fuck off my all white comfy o'neill cylinder
>>
File: zion-Matrix.jpg (245KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
zion-Matrix.jpg
245KB, 800x576px
>muh red planet
>muh Venus sky cities
The only way to go is down you dumb niggers
>>
>>134470315
yeah but even the probes the russians sent disintegrate after a couple of hours there
>>
File: 1492024284619.jpg (27KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1492024284619.jpg
27KB, 326x326px
Can someone explain to a brainlet how Venus is better than Mars?
>>
>>134471464

Venus is choking hot death.

Hard pass.
>>
File: 1471760170250.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471760170250.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>134471168

>we're better off building free floating space colony spheres from scratch

What do you think Earth is?
>>
>>134471299
this is correct invest in ocean and underground cities
#makeearthgurrenlagann
>>
>>134470120
>>134471052
Yeah it's the quick bit. Aid's doesn't scare people because it lays dormant for so long, and people seem totally fine during that period. If it where fast acting and people where transforming it skeletor's six months after giving blowjobs in a truckstop bathroom, then people would take precautions.

That's one reason aids is so bad in africa, they have no capacity for long term planning. The idea that "if I fuck this whore I might contract a disease that will kill me in fifteen years" doesn't mean a thing to them, everything is in the here and now.
>>
File: asteroid02.jpg (61KB, 621x486px) Image search: [Google]
asteroid02.jpg
61KB, 621x486px
>>134471299
I think you are right, but only so that biosphere tech for pic related can be further created.
>>
>>134467523

>he fell for the "space" meme

But anon, your physicality under strict quarantine. You can't just "leave" earth.
>>
>>134469139
>Poland can't into space
Amazing.
>>
>>134471464
Just read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Venus
But in short, mostly it's because Venus is closer and has similar gravity to Earth
>>
>>134470904
What is this picture from? Future utopia?
>>
>>134471812
>>134471299
I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been more interest in underground living, especially in big cities where space is at a premium. Though i'm not sure the human mind can cope with living underground for extended periods, might drive people mad.
>>
File: earthring_1024.jpg (107KB, 1024x594px) Image search: [Google]
earthring_1024.jpg
107KB, 1024x594px
First step should be an orbital ring. From that point it's vastly cheaper and easier to get anywhere else.

The best part is that an orbital ring is actually on the cheap side as far as mega projects go.
>>
>>134468178
Please don't breed.
>>
>>134472390
there are cheaper methods

https://youtu.be/J1MAg0UAAHg
>>
>>134471939

deimos and phobos my friend.
>>
>>134472390
Sci-fi faggot, stahp!!!

Mars footage is shot in Devon island, in Canada.

You fools will believe anything.
>>
>>134467523
Humanity has been through near-extinction level events before, we'll survive and hopefully not end up in the same mess we're in right now again. I'm also a believer in the break-away civilization theory, and that the worthless dregs not fit to explore space such as ourselves, are being left behind here on our containment planet until they decide what to do with us.
>>
>>134471168
God that place looks comfy af. Just needs to be wider.
>>
>>134472553
You shouldn't, you Star Trek beliving faggot!
>>
>>134472725
The orbital ring is really just a large active support structure that happens not to need a base station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMbI6sk-62E

The launch loops also require towers tall enough to reach past most of the atmosphere which I think seems impractical.
>>
>>134471168
WORT WORT WORT
>>
File: IMG_0542.png (343KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0542.png
343KB, 500x330px
>>134467523

>Mfw I literally know several SpaceX employees and they all told me the reason why Red Dragon was cancelled was because they forced NASA to get off their ass

Quick rundown. NASA was not going to go to Mars, even with the SLS. This is because NASA was not sure how many launches they could even afford with the SLS. NASA starts freaking out because they have too many projects for SLS but not enough money to launch them via SLS because SLS costs too much money. SpaceX meanwhile announces Red Dragon and starts pushing it with NASA gets scared that their giant rocket might be entirely useless and government might Shrek the guys in charge of the various NASA locales due to this blunder.

Instead they get all reactionary and tell SpaceX to leave all non-LEO work to NASA and that they can play around in LEO. Musk REEEEE's at this and announces the ITS. NASA freaks out even more and tells Musk to stop, they work out an agreement. He killed Red Dragon so the SLS can actually do something interesting other than just lift stupid satellites and other dumb shit. Meanwhile SpaceX gets to do the majority of the launches for NASA via F9 and FH. On top of their commercial launches. Meanwhile SpaceX can trim the fat on their projects and refocus on the ITS. Otherwise they would have had engineers and millions of dollars dedicated to missions and RND Musk doesn't care that much about in the long run.
>>
>>134467523
Generation ships.

If we really need to get off this rock and try to find some other place to live, we can and will do it, don't worry.
>>
>>134473173

>stopping the competition

stupid
>>
>>134467523
>trust me, I know what I'm talking about

No you stupid arrogant kraut why should you be trusted just for saying you should, fucking idiot
>>
>>134471464

The only thing I've ever gathered from the whole "Venus is better than Mars" thing is that Venus has a more Earth like gravity and that we could build floating cities on top of the 90x Earth atmospheres Venus has.

Of course the cities would have to be fucking corrosion proof since sulfuric acid is its equivalent of water there.
>>
>>134468714
>implying
If any of your blimps ever malfunction or get pierced and go down, that's it, everyone on board is instantly dead as they get crushed by the super hot, super dense atmosphere. Sky cities require consistent technology, this shit is currently scifi. You won't see Venus sky cities until you see Earth sky cities, and no one is even suggesting that shit.
>>134468553
These are big issues, but "humanity will never leave earth" is a facile statement. It's like saying "metal boats are impossible", "humans will never fly", "instant communication is impossible". The world has changed so much in 100 years. We can already identify solutions to these problems, it's just implementation. As long as we don't kill ourselves in the next 500 years it's physically possible.

>toxic salt & magnetosphere:
build structures dense enough to reflect cosmic rays, build over the ground. We can grow crops in spacestations already so clearly we can grow in terrestrial greenhouses. It wouldn't be an enjoyable life but it's possible.
>gravity
Gravity is a problem for sure for a bunch of reasons, like boiling points, air density, but none of these are fatal to humans. They're not optimal. You could live a shit life there if you worked out. But the main thing is.. Mars is just a stepping stone, you don't even need a permanent colony there, just a place where we can refuel etc. . Maybe we can think about terraforming when technology improves.

But if we can eventually crack fusion and make it small, it would potentially be possible to move to the outer reaches of the solar system and set up stations on moons.

desu I think it's way more likely that we will create AI that eventually goes out and explores the universe as it can operate at low temperatures. They can be our legacy. I don't really care if they kill us either.
>>
>>134467523
It's cute how you think we actually went to the moon.
>>
>>134471168
>>134471179
>all that fragile glass
You all know that there are tiny asteroids all over space right? It's almost like the people making these pictures want to die of decompression.
>>
>>134467523

Humanity won't survive anyways. Death is the only possible outcome for humanity. Barring the ability to create energy from nothing, the heat death of the universe is inevitable.
>>
>>134473354

They don't have any competition. ULA launches a few times a year these days and they are firing everyone they can. Even ULAfags are freaking out big time because ULA has no plans for reuse until TEN years from now. BO doesn't even have rockets. It will literally be another three to five years before they do a test launch. By then Musk will literally have two to three times as many employees as he does now, an even larger manu base, a series of private launch pads, and the constellation will be at least partially done. Things are even worse for his competitors overseas. Only China will be able to weather the storm because China doesn't care and they don't derive the majority of their funding from commercial launches like Ariane does for instance. Everyone else is already dead and the ESA knows it.
>>
File: 03.png (2MB, 1599x1235px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
2MB, 1599x1235px
>>134471179
This shit feels like hyper sci-fi shit but really it's not that far off.
We're already capable of capturing asteroids and mining them hollow. From that point the most difficult aspect is populating the flora and fauna.

Everyone's all excited for other planets but I think asteroids will be the next huge leap in human development. There's already an enormous monetary incentive in the form of billions of tons of precious metals. One they're mined out we will have huge husks floating in orbit ready and waiting to become space colonies.
>>
>>134467523
>In your lifetime.
Muslims will make your life shorter, so you're not a good metric.
>>
File: IMG_0803.jpg (63KB, 385x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0803.jpg
63KB, 385x414px
>>134471299
Fuck off Andrew Ryan
SHODAN>The many>Ryan>lamb>cumstick
>>
>>134473714
Whipple shields and ongoing maintenance. Even a fist sided hole isn't going to leak a lot of air quickly. By the time we start with the cylinder swarm we will have enough free assets to start hunting microroids and cleaning up the system.

Oh the joys of automation.
>>
>>134467523
>Learn to terraform on Earth, small experiments
>Learn to terraform Earth
>Climate change averted
>Proceed to Terraform nearest planets.
Boom. Magic.
>>
File: images (26).jpg (7KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
images (26).jpg
7KB, 211x239px
>>134473748
>heat death
>inanimate matter
>death

KEK one of my favorite mental gymnastics of muh "intellectual"
>>
>>134468178
>>
>>134472362
Generally, the geology, hydrology and costs don't support it.

>Geology and Hydrology
Cities are already very limited in how they can build based on the land geology - how much weight the underlying land and rock can support without subsidence and slipping. Hence why, besides zoning, the skyline over places like NYC is high in some places and dips low in other; where it is essentially drained marshland.
Very few cities are located in areas where there are large scale and highly stable rock strata with minimal compositional changes (i.e. inclusions, etc) - that's good enough for building but bad for underground excavation of that scale.
Then there's the water table. Cities are usually around rivers or other water supplies, meaning that below certain depths in the ground, water will seep into empty space through permeable rock and soil. Even rock houses above ground - carved out of boulders and into small cliffs - have similar problems with it after it rains, causing hard to control damp and mold growth.

Many non permeable rock formations are also radioactive, e.g. granite, uranium particles in which emit radon gas.
And itd be near impossible not to affect above ground buildings - the famous soviet town next to a diamond mine ended up killing the mine itself; the most rich prospecting samples came from underneath the town that had grown up on the hopes that the mine brought.

>Costs
It costs an absolute shit ton to excavate. Tunnel borers are extremely expensive, explosive excavation is still expensive and can end up shattering rock and destabilising it from the shock, gasses from the explosion permeating through the rock etc etc.
Hence why most mining and tunneling has a direct economic or strategic gain.

Then there's problems like ventilation, no natural light, damp-proofing, maintenance...

Last I knew, China was considering underground excavation in some areas of a Beijing replacement city, but they can only go down 30ft into the bedrock at most.
>>
>>134467523
>China delays its Mars mission because of the second stage error of their last rocket
>Elon Musks suddenly decides to delay too

Guess he was counting on promising the crew they could be rescued by Chinks in the worst case.
>>
Who the fuck needs a rocket lander when you could easily just add some parachutes and airbags with air canisters that would weight a fuckton less than a shitton of exotic fuel along with their respective coolant tanks.

I think people are taking this news to mean they won't be landing on Mars, but it just means the design of the lander will be changing.
>>
>>134468553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86JAU3w9mB8
>protip, turn on CC

I disagree this entire channel is pretty inspiring, and as a person going to school for physics/engineering, this really jiggles my jimbles
>>
File: IMG_1358.jpg (48KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1358.jpg
48KB, 600x657px
>>134467523
> wanting humanity to survive
> any vistage of hope whatsoever
>>
>>134477362
Educated guesses say that the dry mass of the first stage is about 7.7 tons. There's no way to provide enough parachute area and deceleration for an object that shape and mass and have what lands be "recoverable", or even the additional mass to be comparable otherwise people would've done that from the start.
>>
>>134472858

Breakaway civ is a natural historic occurrence. Think whites coming to America.

It is almost certainly going in right now, but it's hard to say how far ahead they are.

I suspect they aren't as far ahead as most futurists think.
>>
I really don't like Musk. He is such a fruitcake. Going to mars is such a nerd goal. There is no practical reason to put humans on mars.
>>
>>134478760
Manifest destiny you aspirationless nigger.
>>
>>134478897

>America would have been colonized even if there was no economic imperative.

Wew, lad.
>>
>>134479983
>implying there's no economic imperative for space
>implying it wasn't the risk that made manifest destiny a scary concept to spineless fags like you back then

The whole idea of manifest destiny was that there was free land and riches waiting out int he wilderness for anyone brave enough to take it. The same it true for space.
>>
>>134478897
>I want to go to mars because it's just like my le concept art
>>
>>134480466
>I'm retarded and don't know what asteroid mining is
>>
>>134480747
>I will change the goal post to asteroid mining and hope he won't notice
>>
>>134481026
Nigger what?
How is that counter to anything I've said?
West coast colonization started with mining as well. Was that fake or some shit in your book?

I know you're retarded but come on man. Try harder.
>>
>>134467523
No, if we dont cut down ouf consumption rates and start fucking controlling our own population growth we are ded. Mars is a shitty barren rock, there is no value in it right now. Save the Earth, tgen play with cool bois on other planets.
>>
>>134480223
More so that there were a half-dozen relatively wealthy kingdoms that staked the enterprises on their own massive fortunes, which paid off when new and novel goods flowed back regularly.
We don't live in an era where that's politically feasible, and the economics of going to mars and spending trillions to ship back mars made steel or asteroid mined platinum for thirty times the price of what you can get here just aren't evident.

It'd be different if Mars were another living planet, but we're not that lucky.
Just wait until launch prices are a tenth of current.
>>
>>134468553
-can build everything weaker
-perchlorates are water soluble
-have to live inside anyway so just cover buildings with soil

then consider the fact that earth governments will have very limited power over you, you can take only the best people, and you don't have to have democracy
>>
>>134481165
>More so that there were a half-dozen relatively wealthy kingdoms that staked the enterprises on their own massive fortunes, which paid off when new and novel goods flowed back regularly.
>We don't live in an era where that's politically feasible
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/asteroid-mining-venture-backed-by-james-cameron-google-ceo-larry-page/
>>
>>134481147
Evade some more dumb nigger. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts
>>
>>134481651
Irony: the post
>>
>>134481755
Good job on evading. Keep going. You can probably bullshit through your whole life like this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
>>
>>134481864
I asked two questions.
You answered zero and instead started playing the high school debate club fallacy game.

Who's dodging again?
>>
>>134468714
No. Please stop spreading this retarded meme. You need access to the surface for materials. As good as impossible on Venus.
>>
It will always be infinitely cheaper and easier to just kill some people and take their resources, instead of traveling in a tin can to a barren deadly world.
>>
>>134482169
If I knew you in real life I would kick you in the balls. You sound like such a faggot.

>n-no you!
>anything you say about me is actually about you!
>I have the brain of a brain dead down syndrome child!
>>
>>134467523
>Trust me, I know what I am talking about.
The immediate mark of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>134482711
Hey.
You still didn't answer the questions.

It's almost as if those questions ruined your shitty argument so now you're attempting to argue something completely different.
No, surely not.
>>
>>134467523
>(1)
>>
>>134482880
>I will just pretend my arguments were legitimate and other people will believe it too
>m-manifest destiny!
>>
>>134472353
>What is this picture from? Future utopia?

Nope. That was Speer's design for the Germania, essentially a redesigned Berlin as capital for the thousand year Reich.
>>
>>134483117
Hey.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1140x640px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1140x640px
>>134467523

Elon hung up the phone and missed an important call from potential Mars voyage investors
>>
>>134467523
A world of betas would be utopia
>>
>>134483224
I changed the goal post to kicking your balls. Lemme know if you're down.
>>
>>134481319
Yeah, I'm aware of when that hit the news 5 years ago, and reading back when the article was released, 5 years ago, it's nostalgic.

Pay attention to
>the inaugural step, to be achieved in the next 18 to 24 months, would be launching the first in a series of private telescopes
Took 3 years for one test flight, the second hasn't gone up yet and its most of the way through 2017.
> One of the company founders predicts they could have their version of a space-based gas station up and running by 2020.
They have one cubesat testbed, never mind a constellation of proper satellites. Try 2030, or later.

Aerospace engineering industries are insanely conservative. To go from drawing boards to first fan blade off tests, the first big test for a plane engine, takes 5 years.
The further you lean towards space, the worse it gets.

This level of intense optimism, that everything in this industry is just around corner, is commendable, but it's destined to be wrong. Even Musk has to wind back his expectations.

The only company that hasn't fallen apart from their optimism was Bigelow Aerospace, putting together inflatable habitats

Take this analogy.
The first men into space, then to the moon were like the 10th century vikings and their shortlived colonisations.
Over 500 years later, Columbus went to the Americas, just as we return to space.
It took another 100 years for the first successful colony in the Americas, another hundred for colonial America to takehold. That's the point that your beliefs are at.

It's going to take a lot of time.
>>
>>134483396
Hey.

Every post you make while dodging just makes it more clear you have no answer.
>>
>>134483474
Hey man you're still not giving me an address where I can kick your balls. What gives? You dodging bro? I win.
>>
>>134483125
>>134472353
Its Wolfenstein concept art.
>>
>>134483616
>>134483474
Can you both not be autists?
>>
File: 1406098756550.jpg (18KB, 170x277px) Image search: [Google]
1406098756550.jpg
18KB, 170x277px
>>134483616
Alright you got a chuckle out of me but it should be clear by now whose argument actually had a leg to stand on.

You can go back to choking on your happy meal toys now.
>>
>>134471464
>Can someone explain to a brainlet how Venus is better than Mars?

It also has a very solid atmosphere which could be processed to extract water and other resources.

Mars has little of anything that could be used.
>>
>>134483443
And, for a triple post, correcting something I forgot to finish

>The only company that hasn't fallen apart from their optimism was Bigelow Aerospace, putting together inflatable habitats
That were based on licensed NASA tech, had a few successful examples, one went on the ISS, and they had to shutter their offices, factory and lay off over half the staff several years ago.

There just wasn't a launch system with the payload capacity for them. They're still waiting for Falcon Heavy.
>>
>>134471665
>What do you think Earth is?

The best available prospect for the next 500,000,000 years. After that what happens?

We'd have to start moving outwards as the Goldilocks zone moves out, initially to Mars and then beyond.

By 10,000,000,000 years we would be circling a red giant somewhere about half way between the Kuiper belt and the Oort cloud.
>>
>>134467523
>The life time of germany.
Oh shit I guess we really don't have much time left then! Planetfaggots are fucking delusional, megastructures are vastly superior to homosex planets. If we put our backs into it (after throwing every single faggot socialist from a helicopter or tall building so our economy can actually produce the necessary money) we could easily construct multiple space elevators and orbiting factories, fleets of spaceships using Nuclear Thermal Rockets, etc.
>>
File: 1500322227816.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500322227816.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>134467523
((Space)) is a HOAX
>>
File: red planet grapes.jpg (346KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
red planet grapes.jpg
346KB, 1920x800px
>>134478535
Parachute + Airbags can help that
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>134484183
>>
>>134468553
We can make a nice little self sustainable bubble if we wanted to, but the first accident that happens and can't be resolved without a three month trip from Earth will kill everyone inside and public support for planetary missions will vanish.

And after that, there's not much else to do. We can't leave the solar system. There's no exceeding light speed. None of the bullshit math people have been working to try and justify faster than light travel could ever actually move something larger than an atom, if it works at all. Even at light speed powered by fusion, interstellar travel would involve sleeping for centuries at a time and hoping the ship doesn't degrade in the mean time. This universe wasn't made for us, and for all the harping about how perfectly everything lined up for us to evolve, it's actually got pretty shitty long term prospects for intelligent species.
The only place you'll go to the stars will be in VR. Maybe machines will do it for real, but they won't consider themselves our property at that point.
>>
File: img_8905.png (2MB, 1880x1390px) Image search: [Google]
img_8905.png
2MB, 1880x1390px
>>134484322
>>
>>134472789
>deimos and phobos my friend.
Working in micro gravity where a decent jump will put you in orbit.

You're not really this stupid are you?
>>
>>134483789
It's a fact that elon musk is a fruitcake and everything he does is gay as fuck. You already lost before it started.
>>
>>134484272
I don't think that payload is a 7.7 ton cylinder under full 9.8 ms^-2
>>
>>134467523
wait what
it's called RED DRAGON

sinister...
>>
>>134467523
> earth will be void of humans

Good.
>>
File: road-trip.jpg (355KB, 1200x504px) Image search: [Google]
road-trip.jpg
355KB, 1200x504px
>>134484322
>>134484446
ROADS ARE TRIANGLES!
WHAT IS PERSPECTIVE?!
>>
>>134484183
>>
>>134467523
Please bump me before they archive me again.
>>134484283
>>
File: not how persp works.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
not how persp works.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>134484763
I understand what you are talking about.

this was not the case
>>
>>134484572
Don't forget that Mars has 1/3rd the gravity of Earth.
>>
>>134467523
FUCKING TRUMP RUINED EVERYTHING. GIVE THE MAN MONEY COCK GOBBLER CONSERVATIVES!
>>
>>134484183
you do know that the sun is over 1 million times larger than earth, right?
>>
>>134467523
>If we don't go Mars in my lifetime

We could but why?

>The next antibiotics resistent STD will wipe out most of the Chads and Staceys and will only leave introvert betas who can't talk to each other. A generation later, Earth will be void of humans.

Haha yeah human life on Earth gone in a generation but you're also sure we could live on Mars within a generation?

People like you should be lined up and shot.
>>
File: sun-earth-rays.jpg (130KB, 816x453px) Image search: [Google]
sun-earth-rays.jpg
130KB, 816x453px
>>134484970
alright, so the rays should come parallel each other, don´t you think?

And it's not an optic ilusion.
>>
>>134484952
Except that's not what any of those pictures show.
Notice in >>134484446 how all of them are looking at the sun at evening/afternoon?
That's because you're looking at straight vectors relative tot eh source exactly like >>134484763

Except that last one that's just retarded in so many ways unless you think the sun is a laser beam that covers 1% of the earth surface at a time.
>>
>>134469369
>iron and metals

Yeah we need to go to Mars for their.....iron.

You're a literal retard.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (202KB, 816x453px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
202KB, 816x453px
>>134485116
nice meme
>>
File: CozyTrain.png (493KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
CozyTrain.png
493KB, 750x750px
>Wanting to live in some giant tubular ring or cylinder with unrealistic amounts of open space
>Not wanting cozy submarine-like conditions for miles on end
>>
>>134484956
Hence full 9.8ms^-2
>>
>>134483826
This but the exact opposite. You can build whole mines on Mars with ease. Are you gonna repair your fucking Venus blimp with the sulfuric acid you've collected in your bucket?
>>
File: Aristarchus_03.gif (5KB, 637x412px) Image search: [Google]
Aristarchus_03.gif
5KB, 637x412px
>>134485552
do you even scale?
>>
>>134485744
So like
A world ringing sleeper car train?

Call it Jormungand and I'm in
>>
File: bright spurdo.png (25KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
bright spurdo.png
25KB, 872x632px
>>134471179
I'm ready to make Gundam real. Sieg Zeon.
>>
>>134485552
Quit making shitty arguments or he'll just ignore my good (correct) one. >>134485258

God rays are an optical illusion. that's literally all there is to it.
>>
>>134485744
Normies wouldn't be able to handle it though, sure some people can at least cope and a few actually prefer always being in enclosed space, but the average citizen of a space colony will need a window to look out of, a little mini-park to run around in, a pseudosky to look up at, etc. This could easily be done by building a few colony habitats whose sole purpose is to be a large open space for people to move through so they don't go fucking insane.
>>
>>134485258
I undertand your point.

Obviously, if you use the heliocentric narrative, youl be stuck in your perceptions.

Try to think about how it would look if I was right
>>
>>134477362
>Who the fuck needs a rocket lander when you could easily just add some parachutes and airbags with air canisters that would weight a fuckton less than a shitton of exotic fuel along with their respective coolant tanks.

Great. Parachutes will do you a world of good landing on Mars, which has about 1% of the atmospheric pressure of Earth.

This is why all of the landers have had to use parachutes in combination with other technology, mostly final descent rocket engines and impact suppressors.
>>
>>134478648
>Breakaway civ is a natural historic occurrence.

Sure, we can call them the Eloi and the Morlocks. Guess which is which...
>>
File: 1500352703723.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500352703723.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>134484825
>>
>>134485769
But is the payload still 7.7 tons?
>>
>>134486137
It would look like there's nothing holding the oceans in except a giant ice wall which has never been seen or substantiated and is only explained away by some massive global conspiracy to hide said ice wall because ?????????????????????????

Nothing about your narrative makes any sense at all.

All you have to do is live stream a trip to Antarctica. Either you'll find your massive ice wall or you're run into some massive government cabal with no motive that will stop you.
Get to it, retard.
>>
File: 1497872697884.jpg (460KB, 1331x941px) Image search: [Google]
1497872697884.jpg
460KB, 1331x941px
gee i wonder why it was called the red dragon lander
>>
>>134468714
The most realistic are hollowed out asteroids turned into oneill cylinders
>>
File: Flat-Earth-Memes-285-8.jpg (62KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Flat-Earth-Memes-285-8.jpg
62KB, 960x720px
Stars and planets are lights on the firmament not objects in outer space. Space isnt real.

Genesis 1:14-15
14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Stars Close Up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbLu9fcQI4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mWeYZhILFI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ukxGhX0w0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afjcaJpMWyc
>>
File: what a star REALLY looks like.webm (436KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
what a star REALLY looks like.webm
436KB, 640x360px
>>
>>
>>134486801
So are you going to even try to defend your retardation or are you just going to post wacky reddit memes?
>>
>>134473575
The acid clouds are below the habitable altitudes.
>>
>>134486838
looks like a laserpointer at a bottom of a pool
also why is there only one star in the sky
>>
>>134487011
nice mars dude

(mars )
(colonizing a light that god put on the glass dome)
>>
>>134486688
Be even cheaper to just build a few industrial space elevators and factories, and start building Oneill Cylinders in NEO. Much faster than asteroid capturing and mining, and less costly.

Last I checked the cost estimates for a space elevator are only a bit more than what will be necessary for an anti-beaner wall.
>>
>>134473581
>Sky cities require consistent technology, this shit is currently scifi.

It requires the equivalent of boats, in the air. Proven technology, not sci-fi. Doesn't need active propulsion, simple bouyancy. Ask a boffin about it.

If a boat sinks in the ocean, everybody dies without rescue. It's not much different on Venus, except the 'ocean' is the air you're floating in.
>>
>>134473051
I tawk wike a wetard, but I know sthience an sthit.
>>
>>134485552

Your image makes no sense, why not just lean on light refracting parallel waves within our atmosphere?

Same shit, less stupid.

I believe FE btw, but there is a lot of really stupid "evidence" like these fucking clouds.
>>
>>134486064
I remember reading up on it when I was a young lad with wrongfounded optimism but NASA compiled a guideline for theoretical minimum volumes required per person for different rooms and their functions, i.e. green space, gardens, personal space, kitchens, hospitals etc.

>>134486411
No because that picture is of a Mars rover or some shit, not a cylindrical first stage rocket landing on Earth.

Also weight is in Newtons not tons or kilograms.
>>
File: 85260313.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
85260313.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>
File: 11801850965_05aa00e2a5_b.jpg (226KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
11801850965_05aa00e2a5_b.jpg
226KB, 1024x683px
>>134486895
man, I thought you was giving some thought, but your last coment was poor.

You should know the restrictions around antarctica.

I didn´t talk about any borders, I only say earth is not spheric, and it is flat.

There are a lot of ways to prove it, but only you could see it if you put some interest.

Like watch 1 video of Eric Dubay about that. At least.

I never wanted to be speaking about this crazy shit man. I try to share, not preach.
>>
wouldn't you all be scared of going to venus or mars? You don't know what's really out there. How do you know they just won't launch you into the sun to cull the population off?
>>
>>
>>134484825
Lies
>>
>>134477362
Those things actually weigh a fuckton more than the rockets do, AND won't slow the impact down enough to prevent injury.

The air cushion thing works on secured robots, not humans.

It also isn't tenable for high mass landings. The forces are too great and the thing pancakes itself.

The largest thing landed on mars masses ~1 ton, and that required:
Aerobrake
Drogue chutes
Parachutes
Rockets
Skycrane

It's a fucking miracle that thing actually landed instead of crashing t b h
>>
File: girlgames.png (2MB, 1305x977px) Image search: [Google]
girlgames.png
2MB, 1305x977px
>>134473748
i kept thinking this too

but the only hope is the slight possibility of interdimensional travel or multiple universes
at the very least its a chance to avoid the heat death and possible rebirth of this universe

then again this is FAR beyond endgame levels of progression. so far that nature and laws of physics are saying "dude stop"
unfortunately i doubt we'll even get off this planet
>>
>>134484272
only feasible for small masses that don't mind rapid deceleration/acceleration in random directions.
>>
>>134487340
>I didn´t talk about any borders, I only say earth is not spheric, and it is flat.
If it's flat there has to be an edge.
Use your brain man.

I've watched plenty of things about flat earth (and various other terrible conspiracies) but I have never seen a single convincing, complete argument in several years.

They ALWAYS fall apart under scrutiny. Most die the second you ask "but why?"
In flat earther's case it always some schizophrenic answer like "the satanic government is trying to hide jesus from us!" or some shit.
>>
>>134486545

It's literally illegal to perform the experiment you propose under (((international law)))

Now call it a coincidence.

Fun fact, you are not allowed to know shit about Antarctica.

Want to learn about FE? Skip the memes and find videos of autistic talking about airplanes and flight paths.

Autists find truth in reality, others find it in people.
>>
>>134487788
>>
File: Speer's Germania.jpg (2MB, 4076x1896px) Image search: [Google]
Speer's Germania.jpg
2MB, 4076x1896px
>>134483637
>Its Wolfenstein concept art.

I was talking about what it was meant to be rather than the specific origin of the art work.
>>
File: 1412669384977.png (516KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1412669384977.png
516KB, 500x700px
>>134487115
>So Otus and Ephialtes set off for Olympus, planning to crush the Gods before them and set themselves up as the new rulers of the world. During their seige they locked up Ares in a little bronze jar for 13 months. They had taken over Olympus soon, and there appeared to be no hope for the Olympians. During a break in the battle, Otus and Ephialtes called for Hera and Artemis repeatedly. Time after time they were refused, until at last, miraculously, the Goddesses accepted. Or rather, Artemis did. Hera still refused vehemently. Artemis went to Otus, and said if he would let out Ares, he could do with her what he would. Otus was ecstatic, but Ephialtes wasn't too happy. The brothers began to quarrel, and when they weren't looking Artemis turned into a deer. When the fighting reached a peak, she sprang between them as a white doe. Both men broke off and threw their spears at the lovely creature, but they were so distracted, and she was so fast, that the spears missed. Not only did they miss, but Artemis had set them up so that when they threw what was actually impaled was the brothers.

>Otus and Ephialtes accomplished what none of the Gods could do, they killed each other.

>Artemis returned to Olympus a heroine. Hera retained her dignity. Ares . . . well, Ares they left in the jar a little longer. No one liked him very much.
========================================
ares is mars. and holy toledo I can see an entity trapped in a bronze jar
>>
>>134472390
>The best part is that an orbital ring is actually on the cheap side as far as mega projects go.
The main problem of an orbital ring is political rather than technological, in that it cannot be entirely contained in a single country's territory.
>>
>>134487152
We can't build space elevators. The materials science for it doesn't exist.

Please try to stick to things we can actually build.
>>
>>134468553
>1/3rd gravity and muh bone density
So take some fucking calcium and stop being a pussy. bitch.

>surface is composed of highly toxic salt
Then don't eat the ground? nigger.

>very weak magnetosphere
What are electric magnets?
>>
>>134487969
>what is the outer space treaty that (((prevents))) us from building it in the first place
>>
>>134487383
Because it would probably be a lot cheaper to just start another war (which is what globalists do now) or even to just hire a nigger to shiv you on the way home. Space travel right now is extraordinarily fucking expensive because nobody does it on a regular basis or mass produces the parts, or builds jumbo rockets. I'd be unhappy because the lag to Mars is 4 minutes at it's closest Earf approach and 24 at it's furthest. Normal interaction with anyone but my fellow crew/colonists wouldn't be tenable. I'll go with the second or third wave of colonists once they get a proper non-work server for fellow Martians and I to shitpost on.
>>
File: 1487715511080.jpg (152KB, 441x650px) Image search: [Google]
1487715511080.jpg
152KB, 441x650px
We ain't got no money gov den space programs! We needs more gibsmedats!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY
>>
>>134487383
That's just what white people like to do, nigga
>>
>>134487788
>Most die the second you ask "but why?"
>In flat earther's case it always some schizophrenic answer like "the satanic government is trying to hide jesus from us!" or some shit.

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
>>
File: ok with me.jpg (84KB, 1000x1008px) Image search: [Google]
ok with me.jpg
84KB, 1000x1008px
>>134467523
If you really think about it, the most logical thing to do would be to stop focusing on space travel for now and instead,
>exterminate all non-whites...maybe leave the nips alone
>racemixing is outlawed, except in the happa containment zone of Hawaii
>white/nip world reproduces below replacement rate
>super high tech automation alleviates the problems this would otherwise cause
>mankind reduces to sub 100 million population
>buys us eons of extra time to figure out deep space travel.
>work together to find first habitable planet
>whites get dibs on first planet as thanks for not glassing nips
>nips get 2nd planet
>Earth becomes weeb friendship planet of best races
>galactic lebensraum ensues
>>
>>134487259
A "boat" on an ocean without land or port. Good luck.
>>
File: How does infinite plain look.png (95KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
How does infinite plain look.png
95KB, 576x324px
>>134487788
well, why would have to be an edge if space is fake?

Maybe the world goes on forever, maybe forever ice, maybe not.

Why the fuck space can be infinite but the ground not?

Think about it like in GTA.

Also, i think the icering is real, but don´t know what's behind,

I told you, It is crazy shit, but earth is flat m8
>>
>>134484444
those digits tho. I might even read your novel of a post
>>
>>134488037
The outer space treaty prohibits nuclear weapons and military installations

It doesn't prevent orbital structures
>>
>>134467523
Will you guys pay muslims to go over and sit on welfare on Mars?
>>
>>134488203
no it doesn't

it's naša (pronounced na-sha) - retard.
>>
>>134488267
"port" is space.
"land" is earth.

Your thinking is too small.

You need to think complex thoughts like macron
>>
>>134487835
The treaties you're talking about only came into existence in 2009, and only limit tourist numbers to 500 per ship that docks and 100 on land at a time.

Even if you don't think that's possible, is it really that hard for flat earthers to nab one of those "research" jobs down there? They seem to hire nerdy scrubs by the dozens.

But, if the firmament is real.

Doesn't that mean that there is an eventual endpoint where we have used up literally all of the finite mineral resources on what constitutes the Earth in the firmament?

That's actually incredibly bleak.
>>
>>134487997
>Stick to things we can actually build.
Ok then, we should build space elevators and skyhooks because we can actually build them. If I'm not mistaken even kevlar fiber is just tough enough to pull it off, said elevator would probably need tens if not hundreds of extra support tethers to be able to hoist anything other than it's own weight, and materials far stronger than Kevlar have been manufactured on the small scale already.
>>
>>134467523
Its simple OP, I once thought that maybe our generation could make it but not until we have a collapse first that completely destroys cultural marxism and then maybe we would be able to make it.
>>
>>134488414
>Ok then, we should build space elevators and skyhooks because we can actually build them.

No, we can't.

Kevlar isn't tough enough
Carbon nanofiber isn't tough enough.

You seriously need to go back and start reading about these things again, because we are nowhere close to building a space elevator on earth.

Mars and the moon, yes.
Earth, no.
>>
>>134488267
This is a very dumb comment heheh.
>>
>>134488290
Honestly it might actually be cheaper to send all Moose Limbs to space than it would be to keep them in our countries.
>>
File: Deception-Islands.jpg (37KB, 530x300px) Image search: [Google]
Deception-Islands.jpg
37KB, 530x300px
>>134487835
Absolutely none of that is true.
You can go to Antarctica TODAY if you want to.
It's a fucking tourist destination.
I would fucking love to see you attempt to find a source for that claim though.
I'm sure it'll be hilarious.
>>134487870
Really man?
That's what you accept as proof of a 8000+ mile long wall of ice holding the oceans in?
>>134488203
Schizo as fuck.
>>134488272
If the world went on forever that would mean you'd be arriving at a different place every time you "circle the globe" on that infinite plane.
To accept that you have to accept that every human, animal insect and tree has an infinite number of clones that all behave exactly the same way.
Also FYI, space is "infinite" because we haven't found a true edge yet. We have no clue if there's an end or not.
>>
>>134467523
Floating islands that automatically avoid bad weather.

$$$
>>
>>134487591

>godless
>Big Bang

But you are only allowed to pick one, anon

>>134487788
>must have edges
Like your universe model does?

Other anon has tried to tell you: if you aren't going to take debate seriously, there is no point. You can't invalidate an alternative theory from within your own, you need to enter the theory in earnest to even be able to argue it.

That doesn't mean accept the thought, just entertain it earnestly.
>>
>>134488276
Literally the first sentence of the Outer Space Treaty:

>The exploration and use of outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all countries, irrespective of their degree of economic or scientific development, and shall be the province of all mankind.

This is why we haven't left the planet.
>>
>>134488600
>Mars and the moon
That's very true, current structural steels are up to the task.
>>
>>134488380
What the fuck is the point of floating in the atmosphere deep down in this gravity well then? It's gonna be like Antarctica. 100% reliant on supplies from outside for all eternity. Cool for science, but it's not even close to being a true colony.
>>
>>134468553
what are O'Neil space colonies.
fuck mars
build a 1,000,000 tonne O'neil at Lagrange point 1
>>
>>134467523
Need to master ocean first a la Seaquest.
>>
>>134488636
no i use other proofs like amateur balloon footage of a flat earth and taking pictures of things miles away that should be impossible to see

and the fact that everything nasa has made is proven cgi
>>
>>134488636
>>
File: kerbal landing.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
kerbal landing.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>134469442
>>
Why are people obsessed with Mars? There's nothing there to make it worth the cost. Titan should be the goal.
>>
File: img_6710.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
img_6710.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>134488636
Man, the compass point to the Center (North), so you go around that point.

Notice how only show a map of our known land. Don't know how correct it could be.
>>
File: fiV6It3[1].jpg (303KB, 1200x1440px) Image search: [Google]
fiV6It3[1].jpg
303KB, 1200x1440px
>>134484444
can only hope there is something beyond physics and warp travel is real :(
>>
>>134488821
Looks less like a wall and more like an Ice sheet to me desu.
>>
File: Everest_from_plane.jpg (67KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Everest_from_plane.jpg
67KB, 800x600px
>>134488272
>>
File: everest.jpg (220KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
everest.jpg
220KB, 1200x800px
>>134489197
>>
>>134488932
Too far away from the sun. Cold as fuck. Cool atmosphere, though.
>>
>>134484444
That's why we need transhumanism. If we get rid of these meatbag bodies we can own the stars.
>>
>>134486064
Pretty sure it's the other way around, non normies would go mad from the forced social aspect of it.

>My anxiety
>Fuck, can't jerk off 6 times a day
>Everyone is looking at me!
>>
File: img_8901.jpg (192KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
img_8901.jpg
192KB, 768x768px
>>
>>134488777
The atmosphere's full of basic building blocks.
Automated remote strip mining of the surface would probably be the major industry for the planet.

But the majority of human expansion in space is probably going to be orbital habitats like oneill cylinders
>>
>>134489254
>How can mountainlets even compete?
>>
>>134488672
See >>134488636
We don't know if the universe has edges or not.
Only idiots with a grade school level understanding of science think that.
Oddly enough there seems to be a large overlap between those people and people who are flat earthers.
Can't imagine why.
>>134488821
>he says as he posts a nearly identical image as "proof"
Show me that wall from the upper atmosphere. Where's your amateur balloon footage of that?
>>134488873
>no refraction
Lol.
You can't just make an image macro and state something wrong like it's true and pass that off as fact.
Yes, there is light refraction. There's always light refraction.
>>134488939
So you WERE arguing that there's a giant ice wall and a government cabal keeping people from it.
So we're back to >>134486545
>>
>>
>>134484970
>you do know that the sun is over 1 million times larger than earth, right?

No. He believes that the sun is only 3,000 miles away from the surface of the earth (give or take) and 32 miles in diameter.
>>
>>134468178
People like you are why we needed Nazi tech to go to space. Christcucks are fine with NASA low orbit tax scamming.
>>
>>134484444
>We can make a nice little self sustainable bubble if we wanted to
yep, we can. and we will. then we'll make a second. then we'll put a couple on the moon. then we'll put some floating bubbles in the clouds of venus. then we'll put some bubbles all across the asteroid belt. maybe bubble up some more moons of jupiter or neptune

> first accident that happens and can't be resolved without a three month trip from Earth will kill everyone inside and public support for planetary missions will vanish.
yep this is why the apollo missions ended after the tragedy of apollo 1. oh wait, I mean the challenger shuttle. oh wait, I guess we never stopped even in the face of disaster

> We can't leave the solar system.
why not? we can make generation ships, or cryosleep ships, or maybe even begin to approach relativistic speeds. Proxima Centauri is only 4 light years away and has some planets we can maybe put bubbles on

> There's no exceeding light speed.
don't need to exceed it. just getting close to it puts most of the galaxy in our reach thanks to relativity
>>
File: sds.jpg (60KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sds.jpg
60KB, 960x540px
>>
>>134488395
>>134488395

I've never said anything about the firmament, subconsciously or not you are straw manning me.

I doubt anything could be said to convince you today, but I would ask you to reflect on your reaction to FE and how unnecessarily vitriolic is. Like atheists vs God, why the fuck do you care SO much?

There are communities dedicated to big foots and UFO, do you participate in those conversations?

Do you confront curries and try to tell them they are not real animals?

Something psychologically draws you to this discussion, and yet it is only negative emotions that reveal themselves.

Such is cognitive dissonance. This is not to say that you are actually wrong in the end, but that your thinking process is muddled in a destructive way.
>>
>>134471179
RARE

Also, does anybody have a solid explanation of centrifugal force? Like a link to a pdf or something? I mostly get it but there are aspects that still seem impossible to me (even though I've witnessed it of course).
>>
>>134489398
even if you went around the whole wall on video you still wouldnt accept it
>>
>>
>>134489720

>100.000 feet
>>
>>134489305
Do you really have to make Americans seem this retarded.
>>
>>134489720
>what is field of view
>>
>>134489720
So you're saying that doesn't exist?
Wonder why.
There's so much "evidence" of a supposed lack of curve (I won't even get into why that is wrong. You know why it is but you won't accept it) but there's no balloon video of the one that that would absolutely, definitively and instantly prove the entire thing true.

Do you ever wonder why that is?
>>
>>134473714
>You all know that there are tiny asteroids all over space right?
just take it through a wormhole to the necrid expanse..wala!
>>
>>134484444
> None of the bullshit math people have been working to try and justify faster than light travel could ever actually move something larger than an atom, if it works at all.
dunno what you mean by any of this, but consider our scientific knowledge today compared to ancient rome. compare ancient rome to mesopotamia. in just the next century alone, we'll probably have re-written half of what we thought we know about physics, astromony, quantum mechanics, etc

> This universe wasn't made for us
neither was Earth but that shouldn't stop us from trying to get as much out of it as we can

> for all the harping about how perfectly everything lined up for us to evolve, it's actually got pretty shitty long term prospects for intelligent species.
you haven't considered how unintelligent we are at our current stage of civilization. civilization has only been around for 50,000 years or something. and we'll probably eclipse all that progress just in the next 1,000

> >The only place you'll go to the stars will be in VR. Maybe machines will do it for real, but they won't consider themselves our property at that point.
yeah, our generation might miss out. maybe the next one will too. but if humanity can manage to survive, then humanity in space is inevitable
>>
>>134489398
>We don't know if the earth has edges or not.
Only idiots with a grade school level understanding of science think that.
Oddly enough there seems to be a large overlap between those people and people who are globe earthers

See how that works now? Maybe your arguments are so unapologetically shitty that you wouldn't even take them seriously yourself?

>still begging for Antarctic imagRy

Nigger so are we! We keep telling you that international law prohibits exactly what BOTH of us want to happen here.

Why are you so incredibly superficially interested here? You are hardly giving it a second thought while eagerly dumping time into it. Why?
>>
space is a jew freemanson nasa hoax. all BS, not a single pic is real of the blue ball. all cgi and hollywood shit
>>
>>134489516
I just thought that firmament earth was part of flat earth stuff? Regardless it all says that space is a spook that doesn't exist, so its still a relevant thought

Doesn't it mean that this is the one and only earth and that nothing else exists within our grasp?
Can't I hope for more instead of having to be resigned to a world that will eventually be used up and decline until we all die?

There's no need to be so hostile. You say that I am strawmanning you, that I am being vitriolic, that I destructive and mock me.
I only reflected with a single comment on how bleak this all is.

Why are you so angry?
>>
>>134489792
I'm sorry Euros, we're not all this dumb
>>
>>134484952
if the earth was round, then the distance between the tops of something like the old world trade center buildings would be wider than at the bottom, right? not by much but with modern equipment you should be able to measure the exact distance at the top and bottom and if it's wider at the top then the earth is round, if not, then it's flat. somebody know if this has been done?
>>
>>134489904
its not proof to you though

you would just say "its a glacier, keep going "

kind of hard to launch a balloon FROM ANTARCTICA BTW
>>
>>134489329
You need heavier elements from the surface and we're insanely far away from building stuff that can survive down there for more than a few hours.

Mars is so much simpler and more realistic in every way compared to that.
>>
File: 1494473214012.jpg (67KB, 900x901px) Image search: [Google]
1494473214012.jpg
67KB, 900x901px
>>134468178
And the sky is blue cause it's gods waters and the flat earth is surrounded by a huge wall of ice bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

<pic related it's the sun smiling down on you
>>
>>134488272
>Why the fuck space can be infinite but the ground not?

my sides are in orbit
>>
>>134489792
1:what is a magnifying glass
2:assume, for the point of argument, that there is a magnetic liquid on a ball like surface. the liquid would stick, in the same way GRAVITY causes it to stick.
3:What is an atmosphere
4:What is perspective
>>
>>134490028
the atmosphere refracts light
>>
>>134489279
yeah, humans aren't designed very well to be among the stars. this planet optimized us to pick fruit off trees and shit. it only makes sense for us to rebuild ourselves to serve greater purposes
>>
>>134490015
good try but you did it jus too retardly xD

Keep trying burglar
>>
File: C7idjk_W0AEfCJ-.jpg (65KB, 720x484px) Image search: [Google]
C7idjk_W0AEfCJ-.jpg
65KB, 720x484px
>>134490165
just a mirage goyim
>>
>>134478760
>anarcho-capitalist
Fuck you, you anti-idealist degenerate.
>>
>>134489989
>comparing the earth, something that has been thoroughly mapped and measured, to THE ENTIRE FUCKING UNIVERSE
Are you a real person?
I'm starting to think you're a living parody.
>We keep telling you that international law prohibits exactly what BOTH of us want to happen here.

I asked you to prove that a long time ago.
Still waiting, chief.
Sides are braced and ready to explode when you do.
>>134490028
Nothing about that proves that there is an edge you dolt. It just says there's a tall thing in the distance.
To prove there's an edge you need to prove there's a wall with NOTHING behind it.
>kind of hard to launch a balloon FROM ANTARCTICA BTW
Fucking what?
Are you pretending there's no atmosphere there now?
>>
goyim, nasa shit is a 53 million a day hoax. find one real pic of earth or the moon. all cgi jew mason hoax on sheople.
>>
>>134489904
Uh, friend... Their theory is that it will look the same no matter how high you go, you are failing once again to grasp very basic concepts of YOUR OWN argument.

YOU should be able to produce footage of the curve you believe in. We are churning out higher and higher perspective of an infinite plane.

NASA has already been busted so many times it is not even funny. But fuck it. Trust your clergy to commune with the heavens on your behalf.
>>
File: Apollo 11 Protests.jpg (253KB, 949x650px) Image search: [Google]
Apollo 11 Protests.jpg
253KB, 949x650px
>>134488122
>We ain't got no money gov den space programs! We needs more gibsmedats!

I always thought that was a meme until I saw the footage of niggers protesting the Apollo program.

Typical nigger mentality. Ship the fuckers back to Africa.
>>
goyim it's all fake cgi brain dead gamers
>>
What's more likely? That since the 1930s all the top government officials around the globe, all the long distance pilots, all the cartographers, all the people involved in the international maritime industry, and all the people studying both aero-space and those employed by NASA have been covering up a flat earth with no major leaks,

Or

The earth isn't flat.
>>
>>134467523

>2026
>All Chads and Stacy's have died out
>All that's left are the unfuckable SJWs and the NEET
>AI breakthrough
>We use AI to have breakthroughs in other areas
>NEET want AI gfs and Robopussy
>SJW get so upset they actually start a civil war
>Without the Chads to protect them Larping NEETs wipe the floor with them
>The NEET and their AI gfs life forever on Earth

Blessed are the NEET, for they shall inherit the Earth
>>
File: 1498428236832.jpg (116KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
1498428236832.jpg
116KB, 564x564px
>>134490300
its illegal to go there

given enough time someone will do it but nobody has made it alive

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/25/world/henry-worsley-explorer-dies-antarctic/index.html
>>
>>134490587
>unarchived shill https://archive.is/KGxY6
>>
>>134487115
>muh out of focus nikon shots
do you own a telescope

that's what shit looks like when it's out of focus
>>
>>134473714
>glass form 1930 is the only transparent thing
>>
>>134490587

Refute

>>134490567
>>
>>134490299
Whether you like it or not, there is a profit angle that must be taken into account when it comes to megaprojects like space elevators, beyond-Earth colonization, interplanetary travel, etc. You need to convince companies or governments that there is a reason for them to expend their limited money and resources in the service of a project, and "because we can" is not usually good enough for anybody. Musk does it because he thinks we must to survive, the government has abandoned space because there's no real competition from foreign superpowers and they really don't give a shit about the long term survival of the species because their primary concern is dodging prison while making a shitton of money.
>>
File: Lowered Expectations.jpg (27KB, 673x586px) Image search: [Google]
Lowered Expectations.jpg
27KB, 673x586px
>>134488821
>THERE ARE ICE-SHEETS AROUND THE COAST OF ANTARCTICA!1!11!111!!

>THIS PROVES THE FLAT EARTH!1!11!

Jesus, FE shitposters are honestly the most virulent on the entire innernette. I'm ashamed at myself for even feeding it a reply.
>>
If NASA was a fraud, why would they fake being such a failure?
>>
flat earth because all the so call astroNOTs on the moon landing were JEW FREEMASONS and swear to blood oaths, wake the fukk up goyim. the others at nasa thought it was real, wake goyim
>>
>>134486375
why is the spot under the sun the brightest spot? somebody make a flat earth thread, this is noodling with my strudel. i need answers
>>
>>134490642
telescopes are made by them
youve been fooled

>>134490678
nobody is covering up pilots and people dont understand whats actually going on

planes dont dip their nose down they just go

>>134490789
didnt see the other mountain of evidence and thinks that picture was my evidence

retard >>134490292
>>134490028
>>134489792
>>134488873
>>
File: Contentment.gif (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Contentment.gif
24KB, 400x400px
>>134488932
Titan is so cold that the "land" there is made up of frozen water. The "water" is basically unrefined gasoline. Mars is bedder. Titan is a great gas station, though.
>>
>>134471299
>what is tectonic activity
>what is heat dumping
>where do i put 150 gigatones of gravel
>why am i not in space
>>
File: tumblr_nwsir30Czh1qlyoivo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwsir30Czh1qlyoivo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>134490393
>Their theory is that it will look the same no matter how high you go
You guys make less and less sense the more you post. It's like I'm watching your minds tear themselves apart.

If there's an antarctic wall at the edge of the flat earth you should be able to look over that edge and see space just like looking over a fence and seeing the other side.
All it takes is one balloon launched from Antarctica with a camera to prove that and yet it has never happened.
>YOU should be able to produce footage of the curve you believe in.
K.
<<<
>inb4 screeching FAAAKE based on nothing
Also there are tons of similar images from space agencies around the world. You conspiracy has to account for all of them, not just NASA.
>>134490587
>its illegal to go there
Still waiting on one of you chucklefucks to prove that when it's literally a tourist destination.
http://www.intrepidtravel.com/us/antarctica
>image
That treaty was signed during the peak of nuclear testing because the arctic and antarctic were about to be nuked to shit. A similar treaty was signed for the moon to keep it from getting nuked for tests.
>article
And what about the tons of people who have crossed it without dying? The first man visited the south pole in 1911 and many many more have followed.
>>
flat earth is real 200 proofs -dubay
>>
File: ((they)).jpg (13KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
((they)).jpg
13KB, 313x161px
>>134490903
If they ·succeeded, then would have to show some profit for humanity some day.

besides technology, nothing of value has ever come out.

Ah, and also some cool CGI monthly
>>
>>134491027
You're an Idiot. Long distance pilots would most certainly notice the geographic differences that would be necessary for a "flat" earth. Government officials would also have to know for obvious reasons. As would international shipping companies/captains. Post a map you think is accurate and I'll tell you why you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>134489997

Firmament is a religious thing. I don't see how this is so hard though.

People loved it when simulation theory was a popular meme. It was unprovable and irrelevant, and still lead to an enormous amount of discussion with little to no instances of "YOU ARE ALL INSANE THE WORLD IS REAL STOP TALKING ABIUT SIMULATIONS REEEEEEE HUMANS ARE SO STUPID"

To me, FE is an extension of simulation theory, minus hubris. Essentially taking thenconcept of ST and recognizing that, as with humans, fictional simulations are likely more common than perfect mathemematical representation of reality.

When there is a planet in a simulation, regardless of how it is rendered, it is neither round nor flat, but a collection of qualia for which we try to deduce structure.

I enjoy the discussion because it focuses on these qualia, regardless of which structure other people apply to it.

That said, I understand why this discussion is important to the underdog with evangelist fervor, but whatnot earth would the topic matter so much to one such as yourself?

I think I know the answer, but you should probably consider it yourself.
>>
>earth will somehow possibly become inhabitable at some point
hahahahahaha this is the most delusional shit ever. The human species will be long gone before that ever happens
>>
>>134471377

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMbI6sk-62E

the carbon dioxide and nitrogen in the atmosphere of Venus will be extremely valuable for future space building and taraforming efforts
>>
File: bokros.png (362KB, 536x622px) Image search: [Google]
bokros.png
362KB, 536x622px
>>134467523
Spoilers:
The world will collapse once the West collapse. Jewish hubris is going to doom mankind to another dark age.
>>
flat earth is true, jew school was fake
>>
>>134491261
>>
File: 1500235080971.gif (68KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
1500235080971.gif
68KB, 500x293px
>>134467523
>>
>>134471665

>lets all not advance technologically
>>
File: COMPARED.jpg (1015KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
COMPARED.jpg
1015KB, 1000x1250px
>>134491563
>>
>>134490292
Yeah like I said, the atmosphere refracts light, that's why you can see over the horizon.

Additionally, my home telescope is a passive device that lets me see the planets, that P900 image is produced by electronics. Regardless, the P900 probably creates better images in reality, that image looks very fake. The Mars/Jupiter/Saturn I see through my telescope, are the same objects NASA release images of.

If you are worried about who telescopes are "made by" then you can shape your own lenses and make your own telescope. If you lived in the UK I would let you come and look through my telescope and take it apart to prove every piece of it is inanimate
>>
>>134491563
This has been disproven. Flights do not go directly between airports often because doing so they would not sell enough tickets to fill the plane.
>>
>>134491044
>Titan is a great gas station, though.

The problem with Titan is that it's the size of earth, which means a hell of a gravity well and it also has a thick freezing atmosphere.

Sure there are hydrocarbons a plenty, but what good is that without oxygen to burn it?

Better to land on one of the smaller ice moons of Jupiter and recycle the detritus on the moons surface.
>>
>>134490300

>thoroughly mapped and measured.

Jesus fuck, you still are failing to grasp the most fundamental point of even participating in this discussion, aren't you?
>>
>>134473581
>They can be our legacy. I don't really care if they kill us either.
This is the problem with you nihilist fucks. Sure we could send an AI into space but it wouldn't really appreciate it. Empire of Man or gtfo.
>>
>>134467523
>he thinks we went to the moon
>>
>>134473714
Dont fly in the orbital plane. There are no rocks above and below it.
>>
>>134490300

>mapped and measured.

Let's try a different angle. Basketballs are flat and surrounded by a ring of ice

Do you want to spend time debating the above assertion?
>>
File: Internet_800125_5842354.jpg (74KB, 900x471px) Image search: [Google]
Internet_800125_5842354.jpg
74KB, 900x471px
>>134491901
>>
File: IMG_1471.jpg (373KB, 1536x1630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1471.jpg
373KB, 1536x1630px
>>134491760
>>
>>134489507
Canada is mostly tree-green, a dark color, which could easily be mistaken for ocean-blue.
>>
>>134492078
They do make sense. They flew from Australia to the US, dropped people off and picked up more, then flew to South America.
>>
>>134467523
Earth is probably the only habitable planet within 1000 light years.
But let's destroy it and send a couple ships on a coin flip, because 'it's our only chance to survive.'
>>
>>134492078
Wow it's almost as if it's better to fly over land so that if something goes wrong you can make an emergency landing
>>
File: atmospheric disturbance.jpg (64KB, 1280x1088px) Image search: [Google]
atmospheric disturbance.jpg
64KB, 1280x1088px
>>134491849
then build your own telescope and tell me what you see when you look at stars and planets not with a telescope you purchased

because its not what nasa said
>>
>>134491925
>>134491925
>you still are failing to grasp the most fundamental point of even participating in this discussion, aren't you?
You mean things like responding to people's points rather than random non-sequitur questions?
No I understand it.
Go ahead and try responding to my last post now.
>>134492027
The fuck are you even talking about now?
You mind really is in shambles, isn't it?
>>
you are not on ball spinning 1063 mph, goyim wake up, jew laughs
>>
File: nz-americas.gif (20KB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
nz-americas.gif
20KB, 720x360px
>>134492078
Just gonna drop the ACTUAL flight paths here.
Lying doesn't help your point, anon.
>>
>>134484506
>jumping in a rotating hollowed out structure
>>
File: CM_tIS5UYAIYuXW.jpg (41KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CM_tIS5UYAIYuXW.jpg
41KB, 600x338px
>>134492586
sorry dude you can track the planes

thats what they "say" the flight paths are
>>
goyim, jew freemasons are behind the spining ball cartoon
>>
>>134467523
1903 first flight
1969 moon landing
2035 warp drives???
>>
flat earth 200 proofs, dubay
>>
>>134492754
Do you think every single flight path constantly has a conga line of planes one it?...
>>
>>134491216

>24 hours with no weather: the gif

Cmon man, that's all it takes for you to believe?

Also, still utterly failing this entire "using your brain" thing. You are imagining a flat disc floating through space with stars and planets revolving around it. Looks stupid right? That's because you are stupid, it's a model tha thinly you are using which you built to fail.

But your shitty model failing doesn't give you the right to disregard other models.

Understand the model, dismantle from within.

Misunderstand the model, waste time.

>one launch, on camera to prove it

And all of us would love to see it, honestly! We just are not allowed to do it because... Reasons... That are never explained.

Let's get some more space imagery out of you! Find me a convincing earth snapshot or another hilarious animation.
>>
>>134490094
yeah and theres also literal monsters living right under you some of which are over 8 feet tall and poisonous and also the land beyond the ice wall is an endless plain of primordial chaos with creatures as tall as skyscrapers with raging volcano that never sleep and out of control plant life.
>>
>>134471299
>humanity invented AI
>it took all the jerbs
>humans had nothing left to do
>the matrix was made to give people purpose
>>
goyim,

if you are spinning on a blue cartoon ball and flying thru so-called space... why are the star patterns up above the same for 1000's of years. wake up goyims, you have been jewed down to cattle
>>
>>134492941
>no weather
What, exactly, do you think those white things are?
How about those white spirally things?
Are you familiar with what the word "weather" even means?
>Understand the model, dismantle from within.
Give me your model. I'll dismantle whatever it is.
All it takes is a sextant.
>We just are not allowed to do it because... Reasons... That are never explained.
Still zero proof of this claim.You keep saying it because haven't once tried to prove it.
Reminder: Antarctica is a LITERAL TOURIST DESTINATION
>>
>>134493338
>>
>>134492754
Then what the fuck is this nigger?

SCL->SYD
Santiago · Fri 21 July
Sydney · Sat 22 July
Departed Terminal Gate Estimated arrival Terminal Gate
15:11 - - 19:20 1 -
Scheduled departure 14:50
>>
>>134473714
>glass
Nigga we have aluminum that is 90% transparent now

http://makezine.com/2012/01/17/transparent-aluminum/

Mach plus jets all flying with pure metal shells now
>>
>>134492320

Sigh, okay here is my argument: how can the sun's radius be greater than its distance from earth?

Stupid fucking argument, right? That's because I mixed opposing structure of two similar qualia as you have continuously done. Reading that sentence to you is how your arguments sound to me, aborted models that no one follows because they are self-contradictory.

So we could exchange aborted nonsense models that neither of us believe in or we could actually have a discussion.

Or, as noted, you could prove you think we are all hopeless idiots by treating us as such.

I don't understand why one would seek out and engage in debate with people They view as hopeless idiots; to what end?

Who is more broken? The one entertained by being wrong or the one who can not even fathom being incorrect?
>>
>>134467523
>1 post by this ID
mars is fake but so are you, sage
>>
File: 1499520354822.jpg (53KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
1499520354822.jpg
53KB, 500x637px
>>134472553

Maybe you shouldn't, as you can't ascertain the probability of troll statements.
>>
>>134491849
also dont be deceived jupiter and saturn actually look like they said they do but theyre still 2d lights on the firmament and not planets

you can zoom in on them with a camera when theyre supposedly a lot farther away than the maximum zoom on the camera
>>
>>134494103
So are you going to give me your model to dismantle or what?
You can't claim to be right and fear criticism int he same breath.
>I don't understand why one would seek out and engage in debate with people They view as hopeless idiots; to what end?
Some of us argue for the truth, not just to prove to ourselves that we're right.
I argue with conspiritards like you because maybe one day one of you will provide a real argument and change my world view. So far I have never encountered anything close to that because all of your models fall apart under basic scrutiny.
>>
>>134493743

I would say a bug. Flat or round, there is no reason for that plane to be there on its course.
>>
>>134493743
maybe people going to antarctica
>>
goyim, blue ball spinning 1063 mph is a jew freemasonry hoax. it's time to wake up and see the truth.
>>
>>134494593
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=qfa28
>>
File: 1477199256273.jpg (44KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
1477199256273.jpg
44KB, 600x481px
>>134467523
>chads and stacys catching STDs

oh you're so funny klaus
>>
goyim,

you are not spinning 1063 mph, the jew books told you that
>>
>>134473145
Maybe we can cleanse the galaxy of all intelligent life and hope the societal parasites starve themselves to extinction.
>>
>>134494419

I would say my best evidence is flight paths arranged by profit seeking companies, emergency groundings, and the mechanics of flight instruments.
A good way to test this would be to get whatever map is your favorite model and compare it to the model placing the North Pole at the center. Prediction is that the further south the paths are/begin/end, the more eccentric they will look on your map. Paths on my map should be consistent in design regardless of takeoff or landing.

So test your own predictions and see how they measure up. Grab a globe and a UN flag and try to predict how a ruthless profit-driven capitalist would direct the flight to maximize profit.

Now, could you give me something terrestrial that you think your model predicts better than mine?
>>
>>134494883
Not sure what you are communication here, that flight has no business being that ridiculously far south, its path should have taken it northwest not southwest.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.