[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The Slippery Slope" is not a logical fallacy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: polygamy.png (526KB, 620x520px) Image search: [Google]
polygamy.png
526KB, 620x520px
Remember when the proponents of gay marriage said that it wouldn't lead to polygamy, well...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-40655103

They will be writing puff pieces about beastiality, then incest. Until finally they will get what they always wanted, legal pedophilia. Sickening.
>>
Its being a logical fallacy doesn't preclude events playing out as a slippery slope dictates. It just means events don't play out necessarily as such, at least in the general case.
>>
File: 1458666106458.png (357KB, 602x627px) Image search: [Google]
1458666106458.png
357KB, 602x627px
>>134432259
>Until finally they will get what they always wanted, legal pedophilia.

But pedophilia is already "legal" in most of the world, so I'm not sure what you're playing at. It's not like the taboo of pedophilia is the "final boss" of degeneracy - it's already well-entrenched and has been for some time.
>>
File: 1494959759087.png (205KB, 293x397px) Image search: [Google]
1494959759087.png
205KB, 293x397px
END ME
>>
File: qt muslim (29).jpg (204KB, 759x1024px) Image search: [Google]
qt muslim (29).jpg
204KB, 759x1024px
>>134432259
>polygamy is wrong
what?
>>
>>134432259
>beastiality
Why are you guys memeing about this? They're actually banning it now. And libs are too animal friendly to not consider it abuse.

By the way, pedophilia is not the end game. It's used to weaken the people. Might actually not be needed.
>>
>>134432259
I know you guys support traditional family values, but that's because you're collectivist leftist scum in disguise.

Polygamist ABSOLUTELY should be able to get married, and receive the same rights as married couples. Anything less is discrimination
>>
>>134432259
>>134432259
>Implying polygamy is as bad as the other shit you posted

wew, also polygamy isn't some new and daring societal experiment.
>>
>>134432888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moEMFQzpWPI

Well liberals like acting like animals, and with all the furry stuff going on, i think they will like beastiality.
>>
>>134433132
It is for western nations. And how can children grow up in a house like that? How can they love their fake polygamous mother as much as their biological one? Its damaging for the child.
>>
>>134433069
>polygamy
>not collectivist

>>134433208
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4353224/Ohio-bans-sex-animals-violators-face-jail.html
Not happening.
>>
>>134433069
You can move to an Islamic country where the Koran sanctions that shit, Ahmed. Don't bring your barbaric culture to my country.
>>
>>134433517
Sorry, just because muslims treat women like sub-humans doesn't mean that 3 consenting individuals on the other side of the planet can't get married.
>>
>>134432548
In Islamic shitholes yes. Im still proud to say that pedos get beaten into a pulp when they go to prison in the west.
>>
The slippery slope fallacy is a fallacy, but most people have no idea what it is. Slippery slopes do exist, in that everything is argued from the null hypotheses, and as the null hypotheses shifts, so too do the arguments for and against. The fallacy is simply when your main argument against a position is the denial of other further positions. To say homosexual marriage is wrong because next we will have bestiality is a logical fallacy. To say that homosexual marriage will open the door to bestiality is not. Conversely, if the argument someone uses for homosexual marriage cannot distinguish the difference between homosexuality and bestiality, than slippery slope would be a fair counter to that argument, but not to the position it advocates. But to say that a position is wrong, you must argue against that position in and of itself. That a position opens the argument to other intolerable positions does not logically mean that the first position must be wrong. So slippery slopes are real, they are a concern, there are select cases where they are valid in argumentation, but in the main it is a logical fallacy to use it in attacking a position.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.