[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Pilled Books

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 34

File: images.jpg (10KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 276x183px
What books should I start reading !
>>
File: politcal theory introduction.jpg (1MB, 1975x2229px) Image search: [Google]
politcal theory introduction.jpg
1MB, 1975x2229px
>>
>>134381950
Thanks
>>
>>134381850
KJV
>>
>>134382262
Yep, already have but thanks
>>
File: grab.png (157KB, 315x495px) Image search: [Google]
grab.png
157KB, 315x495px
>>
>>134381950
Carl Marx? Ive heard no so good things about him. hm
>>
>>134381950
Okay St. Augustine is some rough ass reading dude. I'm dying while i'm reading Confessions. How do I make it more interesting?
>>
>>134383102
Pretend like you're back in school and have to read it for a class.
>>
File: memes.png (1MB, 1127x701px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
1MB, 1127x701px
>>
>>134381950
On Liberty and The Republic are the two most important on that list in my opinion.

Wealth of Nations is important as well, The Prince is amazing, and Capital is valuable to understand the intention of.

That Kant book is probably one of the most important philosophical novels to date.

Not a single one is bad. Good list.
>>
>>134383351
*philosophical essay
>>
>>134382830
At least read it to know what it says. I think Atlas Shrugged is terrible but I suffered through and finished it to have a better understanding of where AnCaps and Libertarians are coming from.
>>
>>134383351
Imo the wealth of nations is the least important. It was ground breaking for it's time probably but now it's naive in a multiracial global world. Just read it for the context it gives to other works of the time. Otherwise I agree with ya m8.
>>
>>134383164
Yeah, that puts it into perspective. Trying to read it for the hell of it has been hard. I REALLY want to finish it so I can read city of god but I imagine it's just as dry. I started with Confessions to get a feel for Augustine
>>
> Economics
The Lords of Finance
The House of Rothschild: Money's Prophets

> History
Mein Kampf by Hitler
Problems of Leninism by Stalin
Stalin
The Pacific Crucible
The Coldest Winter (Korean War)

> Philosophy
The Art of War by Sun Tzu
The Republic by Plato
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
>>
File: 1399554992888.jpg (65KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1399554992888.jpg
65KB, 300x300px
>>134382830

>not learning about your enemy and how they think
>>
Culture of Critique
>saw it posted on here in a similar thread. I'm still reading it but it's really good.
>>
>>134383596
I find things like that to be invaluable. But you're quite correct to state it takes the correct mentality going in to appreciate. I always compare that sort of thing to Citizen Kane and how it isn't a great movie, but to consider what it did for movies is invaluable when understanding other works.

>>134383351
>>134381950
And damn I didn't even notice The Politics on the list, as important as Republic probably.

I'd also highly recommend Meditations, by Marcus Aurelius.
>>
File: books.jpg (3MB, 2392x3348px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
3MB, 2392x3348px
>>134381850
>>
Rethink by Gordon Taylor
The Gamecaller by Tobe Terrell
>>
File: books2.jpg (3MB, 2248x3442px) Image search: [Google]
books2.jpg
3MB, 2248x3442px
>>134383819
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 320x240px
>>134381850
>>
The Bible
>>
>>134383819
Amazing list apart from Nietzsche, not personally a fan of his despite recognizing the value his perspective holds. He belongs in the back of the room along with Stirner, only for perspective.
>>
>>134383819
This order doesn't make any sense desu.
>>
File: 1496126872201.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496126872201.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
>>134383664
To add onto this, before someone whines about reading Stalin, he is without a doubt the most significant figure of the past two centuries. He commanded the largest country that has ever existed and single-handedly inspired communism in China, Korea, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia, as well as doing what no other man could: defeat Hitler. He is the anti-Trotsky and opposed Lenin's softer but more radical ideology of continuous revolution. Instead, Stalin ruled Russia and conquered half of the Earth through sheer might, becoming unironically the greatest Tsar that ever lived. You would do well to get into his mind, twisted as it was.
>>
>>
File: roman literature.jpg (2MB, 4800x3834px) Image search: [Google]
roman literature.jpg
2MB, 4800x3834px
>>
File: 867247.jpg (25KB, 318x387px) Image search: [Google]
867247.jpg
25KB, 318x387px
>>
File: 51Z0nLAfLmL._SY346_.jpg (29KB, 228x346px) Image search: [Google]
51Z0nLAfLmL._SY346_.jpg
29KB, 228x346px
>>
>>134381850
retards on 4chan will always recommend 500 year old books by socrates or some shit. DONT read those. dont read wealth of nations or any of that. its largely outdated, and youd be far better off reading something contemporary

they will also recommend books on holocaust denial & books on why jews suck & stuff like that. dont read that either

some quick, good, actual proper suggestions are:

>How An Economy Grows & Why it Crashes
>Why Nations Fail
>>
>>134384362
>don't read books that's dumb
t. snownigger
>>
>>134384444
i didnt say DONT read books you moron
i said "dont read the obvious super famous historical works of economics & philosophy, because you willl just get overwhelmed & unnecessarily confused. unless you are planning on devoting your entire career to ecnomics or political science, stick to contemporary stuff. reading all the well-known old shit is largely a waste of time"

The only older book I would say has stood the test of time is "The Prince". plus, its a very quick read

another book i just finished last week thats very recent and very "red pilled" is "Road to Ruin" by james rickards
>>
File: 1471423506721.jpg (86KB, 654x639px) Image search: [Google]
1471423506721.jpg
86KB, 654x639px
>>134384666
Okay satan. People should read these old books because they are literally the foundation for our modern world.

These book recommendation macros aren't to get people up to speed to be a day trader or whatever, they're to get people up to speed on political theory and the history of our western civilization. They should take the extra month to read these foundational books and then move onto contemporary works, which in all reality, are just copies of the books laid out ITT anyways.
>>
>>134384666
PS: if you plan on reading "Road to Ruin" and youre not well-versed in economics, i would strongly suggest reading "How an Economy Grows and why it Crashes" first, as it is basically the ultimate "economics 101" for people who havent studied it. otherwise, just be prepared to google a lot of terms
>>
Jews run the world. You are stupid. Go read more shitty books.Vote for puppets. Have fun reading and gain more useless knowledge. It's your hobby so do whatever you want.
>>
>>134384971
What do you recommend we do then, comrade?
>>
>>134381850
The selfish gene by Richard Dawkins is a must read. Almost all human questions can be made more clear by seeing them in evolutionary theory.

There is one great exception which is what consciousness is. This is a dangerous road to go down, it has driven many men to insanity. It is also nearly infinite in its diversity of possible approach.

I would recommend, for western people, Imanuel Kant, Oswald Spengler, and Ludwig Wittgenstein. These men have given me more than anyone else. Yes Wittgenstein is a jew but the man was honest.

Philosophy is a torture and it should not be entered upon lightly.

Also read the thoughts of men of other races. The Chinese, the Indian. It will be alien to you but it will afford you valuable insight just as our thought does to them.

In the end the height of European peoples has been our science, and there we should rely. But that doesn't mean we should ignore the more vague and ambiguous questions.

The amount of intellect, effort, and courage necessary to actually approach these questions is inhuman. We must accept our inevitable failure.

For some this resignation leads to the outside authority of God, for others to secular equivalents. But the pursuit is never wrong. I would say finally that it is the poets that remind us most of what truly matters and what is most real.
And there I would recommend Pushkin, Rilke, blake, the Brontes, and Trakl for relatively modern examples.
>>
War is a racket.
Civil disobedience
>>
>>134384956
yes & i dont disagree with that, but some dude trying to get into reading wiill most likely just be discouraged if he immediately jumps into these works, as they are very... unwelcoming to newcomers. and, dude, ive read some, and its all very vague & very philosophical. i read all of wealth of nations for my masters, and its honestly.... 25% brilliance hidden in ramblings largely proven to be inconsequential or outdated.

if some dude wants to read some books about how the world actually works.... the majority of themes covered in those old, massive book-collections can be found in efficiently condensed versions in a lot of contemporary works. you just need to research your authors a bit before reading their works, as they dont have 1000 years of historical significance attached to their name

i stand by what i said, OP. dont read these 1000 fucking year old books. read something contemporary if you want to get a stronger base understanding of politics and economics.

unless you plan to spend ages reading. then, sure, read wealth of nations
>>
>>134384444
Quads have spoken. The poster he replied to is a homofag
>>
File: 1490910046203.jpg (135KB, 1082x682px) Image search: [Google]
1490910046203.jpg
135KB, 1082x682px
>>134381850
Mein Kampf is actually fun to read once you go beyond the first few chapters. I'm a muslim, though.
>>
>>134384666
Confirmed Satan. Disregard and GET BEHIND
>>
Iliad. The first war is hell book.
>>
Read as much as you can books about economy and investments.

Economy is the true red pill. A true survival of the fittest. That's why the jews are so good at it. They're the chosen people.
>>
>>134385377
....is that... is that good? do i want to be satan? i dont understand
>>
>>134383190
>all brand new
>>
>>134385440
japan gets it

fuck this "hey lets read sokrates" nonsense. thats for social science majors who think they are sophisticated

gain an actual comprehensive understanding of how politics & economics work
>>
>>134385275
Man, the wealth of nations is the longest book by far. The rest are short and can be read in a few days. You're making a big deal over nothing.

>if some dude wants to read some books about how the world actually works.... the majority of themes covered in those old, massive book-collections can be found in efficiently condensed versions in a lot of contemporary works
And I'm not arguing with you about this. There is much better, and more succinct books out there about modern economics.

>OP. dont read these 1000 fucking year old books. read something contemporary if you want to get a stronger base understanding of politics and economics.
Out of all of those books only ONE focuses on economics, and even then, there's a lot to be gleaned from his book that doesn't relate to economics. You're retarded if you don't think anyone should read city of God because it's too old for example. Half of these books are lynch pins in the foundation of western society and they should be mandatory reading you big fat faggot.
>>
>>134385513
.... ok i didnt notice the digits. lol
>>
>>134385610

>don't read books that western civilization is founded upon
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (120KB, 1000x983px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
120KB, 1000x983px
The Turner Diaries. Even better listen to the audiobook thats narrated by the author William Pearce.
>>
>>134385648
dude most of the books you listed in that image absolutely pertain to economics, largely so. marx, hobbes, smitht, emmanuel kant... if you dont see how most of those books pertain to economics, then i dont think you have an adequate understanding of how political institutions & economic institutions are correlated.

but still, im just saying, based on my non-autism: OP wants to read some book that will teach him some shit about politics or whatever, so hes not just another moron redneck racist on /pol/, and the wise suggestion then isnt to list the complete works of historical philosophy (most people arent gonna be bothered to read that shit), but some few contemporary, efficient books that give explanations for how things are.
>>
>>134385704
If whites (=true westerners) were as good dealing with money as the jews, they wouldn't be in control of our society and they would not be able to destroy our culture and annihilate our race.

White people have the duty to follow emperor Trump, understand economics, finance, business and crash everymotherfucking jew.
>>
>>134385704
again, im not saying "dont read those books", ive read most of the books listed in those dumb images, and of course they had value, but... honestly, i couldve read the wikipedia-summary of most of them without really losing anything. its largely outdated, formulated in an unnecessarily complex manner, and if OP just wants to "read a red pilled book", then listing fifty fucking books from 10000 years ago seems a bit autistic
>>
>>134381950
It's not the 1700's these books are all irrelevant, half of them aren't even good.
>>
>>134386004
Bro, anything can relate to economics but you're dumb if you think any of the books listed in my picture specifically relate to economics and not society in general, and you've probably never read them.

>based on my non-autism
lol
>so hes not just another moron redneck racist on /pol/, and the wise suggestion then isnt to list the complete works of historical philosophy (most people arent gonna be bothered to read that shit)
You say this and recommend economics 101 or whatever, and eventually OP will need to read the books listed thus far regardless. You're just being and argumentative faggot for the sake of it. I'm going to come to Norway and punch you in the face.
>>
>Why Nations Fail

>>134386236
this guy gets it
>>
>>134386196

>hey anon, you know a lot
>what do you think about this part of the Iliad?
>erm.. uh... I only read the wiki article about it
>>
>>134386289
i didnt say they DONT relate to society, im saying whatever relates to the structure of society inevitably relates to economy as well

and the "economics 101" book i recommended is actually quite good, and OP doesnt need to read the "books listed thus far" because they are mostly outdated shit that pretentious social science majors like you read so you can pretend to be smart
>>
>>134386469
knowing about the illiad doesnt make someone smart

understanding advanced physics makes someone smart

"omg i read all of these old books, look at how clever i am"

pathetic
>>
File: White Identity.jpg (23KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
White Identity.jpg
23KB, 225x346px
>>134381850
White Identity by Jared Taylor

It sounds autistic, but it's really not. You'll learn a ton even if you don't become a White nationalist/identitarian.
>>
>>134386559
>and the "economics 101" book i recommended is actually quite good
Yes I know, I own it.

> and OP doesnt need to read the "books listed thus far" because they are mostly outdated shit that pretentious social science majors like you read so you can pretend to be smart
No, The City of God is one of the fucking literary foundations of western society.
>>
>>134382662
Is this Norse stuff?

How long is it? I used to read some Norse mythology in high school, but none of the actual original poetry.

What makes it redpilled? Is it only worth reading for Odinists?
>>
>>134386469
I read the Iliad. I think it's really important especially for our time. The main message I got was that the good/civilized guys don't always win. The more powerful do. It's an important response to our own whiggish narrative i.e. "We're Americans (or Europeans). We CAN'T fall to the Muslims..... We're the guys that are for freedom!"
>>
The Human Sum
Unintended Consequences by John Ross
>>
>>134386736
>>134386736
>No, The City of God is one of the fucking literary foundations of western society.
sure, ok. recommend that then, not this mandatory list of 100 old books that always get suggested whenever someone asks for advice on books on /pol/. its decent copypasta, but im just being real and advising OP to start with something more digestible & more immediately recognizably applicable
>>
>>134386791

Yeah, that is one of the main points. Also, fortunes always shift, war is hell, beware hubris. Though, Hector was kind of a cunt too.
>>
I see there is an argument about great books and their readability here. Easy answer to this: read Plato. It's very easy and is undeniably foundational to western thought. So much so that it has been said that all of western history is a footnote to Plato.
>>
>>134386649

Different types of knowledge gained. Do you know physics, but someone schooled you on classical literature or something?
>>
>>134381850
for literature, just skip the reading and watch Thug Notes

for extra credit, use hooktube to avoid giving shekels to yt
>>
>>134386903
Nigger, at most it would take a few months to read all of these, and a good portion of that would be on the wealth of nations, which you don't even need to read the second half of.

I think your autism is getting in the way of this discussion. This isn't "hey learn economics hurr durr" this isn't /biz/. This is red pilled books, presumably how to make you more educated about politics and the image I posted is the perfect start on that road. It's all the foundational books of western society. And the sheer fact that you're saying don't read these is retarded. You should always be expanding your knowledge and for that purpose these books are way more valuable than any modern economics book.
>>
File: sst.png (960KB, 500x767px) Image search: [Google]
sst.png
960KB, 500x767px
>>134381850
Starship Troopers - a sci-fi military-themed 'coming of age' story set against the backdrop of an interstellar war between humans and "the bugs". The story follows Johnny Rico as he enlists, trains, and fights in the war. Beneath the sci-fi action is a thoughtful political commentary on the pros of meritocracy, the concept of 'earned citizenship', and the improvement of politics and society thru the adoption of military discipline.

It's still considered mandatory reading in officer schools in the US military.
>>
>>134387233
no i dont know shit about physics, but im not some pretentious asshole who needs to get validation through having read the illiad. sure itd be dope to quote that shit at douchebag book-parties to score points with bitches, but... id rather read about economics

>>134387253
>You should always be expanding your knowledge and for that purpose these books are way more valuable than any modern economics book.
dude you cant be serious
>>
Start by easy entry level books, like the free to choose by Milton Friedman, or the Six Lessons by Mises.

I also recomend a textbook in introductory economics.

After you cover the basics, you can go adventure yourself in serious reading.

Don't get caught in the nazi bullshit btw.
>>
>>134387455
>dude you cant be serious
Yeah. You're going to make it rich on the stock market eh?
>>
>>134387455

Do both while chewing on some lutefisk and rosettes
>>
>>134387621
>Yeah. You're going to make it rich on the stock market eh?
doesnt matter. if you think 1000 year old books are better than anything contemporary, period, then youve got your head too far up your pretentious, pseudo-philosophical ass to listen to reason from anywhere, and theres no point talking to you
>>
>>134387889
>rosettes
i dont know what that is
>>
File: physics.jpg (18KB, 300x388px) Image search: [Google]
physics.jpg
18KB, 300x388px
>>134387233
>>134387455
Physics grad here - if you guys want a good introductory text, look up Physics Vol I and II by Halliday, Resnick, and Krane. It's one of several common choices for first year undergraduate physics students and provides a good introduction to calculus-based Mechanics, E&M, Thermodynamics, and some basic Atomic Theory and Quantum Mechanics.

Currently it's in it's 5th edition and you can probably find pdfs online (I'm sure /sci/ can hook you up if you ask nicely).
>>
>>134386236
agree
>>
>>134387962

It's what we Norwegian Americans call struva
>>
>>134387897
Yeah because jews in Canada saying it's cool to fuck dogs know better than 1000 yearold Christains who preach about faithful marriages?
>>
>>134381850
Harry Potter!
>>
>>134381850
Atlas Shrugged & 1984
>>
>>134388138
i hate to bust your romantic perception, dakotan, but we dont.... i think i had some when i was, like, five? i dont really see those often. but sure, those exist here i guess..... i think?

>>134388077
>>134388077
>Physics Vol I and II by Halliday, Resnick, and Krane
written down, cheers
>>
>>134388361

Grandma made em when she missed home.
>>
>>134381850
The secret teachings of all ages by Manly P. Hall
>>
File: 2017-07-20-23-48-38-.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-20-23-48-38-.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
The Great Books allow one to enter into the great conversation that is western civilization. It connects us to our past and keeps us from becoming unmoored. I would go so far as to say they act as a protection against totalitarianism.
>classical education is best education.
>>
>>134388280
>he's a christian

alright, i get it. sorry, i didnt realize you were schizophrenic. my bad.

>>134388285
hermione plz help me with spells because ur such a strong proud black (apparantly) womyn! feminism rox omg
>>
>>134388555
Yeah you're right. Old books is dumb because they be old 'n' shieet xDDD
>>
>>134383190
came here to post this
>>
>>134388500
yea dakotans have, like, this 50 years into the past-perception of norway thats kinda fascinating. i honestly dont think even one fifth of people i know have tried lutefisk. but now that the "new europeans" are here, lutefisk & those dumb struva suddenly seem very important to our heritage
>>
>>134381950
Why do people post books about aristocrats who never had to work a day in their lives and forego Frederic Bastiat who was born a farmer and wrote more eloquently than anyone in your pic?
>>
The Case for Father Custody
The Garbage Generation

Both by Daniel Amneus.
>>
>>134381850
The Horus Heresy
>>
>>134388820
Probably because only one was explicitly about economics and half of them predated Bastiat by a few hundred years and the rest by half a millennium you fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1500201121602.jpg (107KB, 1200x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1500201121602.jpg
107KB, 1200x1181px
>mum found my copy of white identity
>>
>>134386196
>isting fifty fucking books from 10000 years ago
You mean books that founded civilization before the Jews intervened?
>>
>>134388820
>Frederic Bastiat
fuck yeah dude, why is austrian economics so extremely... underappreciated? (for lack of a better term) it seems so obvious that its the way to go, but it doesnt offer easy solutions to governments struggling to maintain inflation
>>
>>134387897
You're partially right. Based on your other posts that your main issue seems to be with the circlejerk of old books while completely ignoring modern ones, but the way you frame it makes it look like you're claiming these books aren't even worth reading at all. I think it causes people to get defensive, especially since some people may have found them enlightening.

Reading only old books is nonsense as the world is constantly changing, among other reasons. However, much of western civilization was built by people with these beliefs and thoughts as those who wrote these books. Reading them can be an excellent way to frame the world differently, change your perspective, and challenge yourself to try to see things through the eyes of someone who lived so many years ago.

You're not going to learn about modern economics by reading these old books, but that doesn't mean they don't have great value. The key is finding balance between contemporary and old/somewhat outdated books.

Knowing where someone or something comes from can be pretty helpful.
>>
>>134389577
>You're partially right. Based on your other posts that your main issue seems to be with the circlejerk of old books while completely ignoring modern ones, but the way you frame it makes it look like you're claiming these books aren't even worth reading at all. I think it causes people to get defensive, especially since some people may have found them enlightening.
yeah that about sums it up

it just seems like whenever someone asks for recommendations on books, they get this overwhelming stack of fifty books that arent easy to read. and im trying to inform OP (who i guess isnt even here) that i wouldnt advise that route for him.

but yeah i agree with everything you wrote. good post, leaf
>>
>>134389910
of these older works, the only two i would personally recommend to people not necessarily that interested in the historical context is The Prince & Emmanuel Kant
>>
>>134389910

Do you have any type of ordered reading list that you think others might find helpful? I think one reason these lists get spread around is that they're posted in a friendly format, even if the books listed aren't so friendly.

I'd certainly appreciate some type of ordered list of suggestions, and I'm sure if it's a good list people find helpful you may one day see that same list reposted in these threads.
>>
>>134390115
*immanuel
>>
Is reading Evola worth it?
>>
>>134390172
not really. i just know how "these threads go" because ive tried getting book recommendations from /pol/ before. i just get the big-ass dump of "le epic /pol/ approved 100 books from forever ago that everyone here pretends to have read", and then, squeezed in between all of those posts are some actual, good recommendations

but no i dont have a list or anything, unfortunately. i can only list some of the more worthwhile books ive read that i feel pertain to /pol/

>Crash Proof 2.0
>A Case for Gold
>A New Case for Gold
>Road to Ruin
>Why Nations Fail
>Road to Serfdom
>The Prince
>Rules for Radicals
>How to Win Friends & Influence People
>A Conflict of Visions

i feel like those are all worthwhile.
everyone always includes Nietzsche, for example, and ive read two books by him (his most famous ones, i suppose), and although they have merit and are worth reading, i wouldnt ever recommend them to a seemingly "casual reader" who seems mostly interested in politics and economics. know your audience, people
>>
File: 1487527179225.png (1MB, 931x758px) Image search: [Google]
1487527179225.png
1MB, 931x758px
>>134383879

>protestant bible
>>
Pol is getting dumber and dumber as people leave. What ever happened to the Foundation for Exploration guy? He had something to say yet people shat on him every time.
>>
>>134390172
also, i think i mightve missed your point. i dont think any copypasta exists that ISNT just "the obvious classics that everyone pretends to have read". i dont think ive read enough about politics to make a "proper" one that includes both contemporary and classic stuff, but you did just plant the idea in my brain. cheers
>>
>>134390632
>How to Win Friends & Influence People

nice, should be /pol/core to teach people how to network
>>
>>134391070
i see it more in a machiavellian sense, alongside the prince, 48 laws of power & rules for radicals

even though it 100% applicable for networking, i just find it relevant for understanding the mindgame-aspect of international politics & economics. i think if that book is read alongside those other books ive listed, that itll be perceived somewhat more cynically than if your average housewife was to skim it in between romance novels
>>
>>134389107
>half a millennium

>marx
>arendt
>adam smith
>kant
>Rosseau
>paine
>locke

You were saying?
>>
>>134381850
The Conan books or really anything by Robert E. Howard. Solomon Kane stories are great if you're Christian and hate black people.
If you ever start to feel like you might be low test, pretend to be Conan for approximately 3 seconds and your gayness will be cured. Very important with all the estrogen mimmicking harmones in the water supply.
>>
File: explaining postmodernism.jpg (16KB, 221x346px) Image search: [Google]
explaining postmodernism.jpg
16KB, 221x346px
>>134381850
Spoiler:
>Socialism started as a "scientific" theory
>However socialism has failed many evidentiary tests
>Postmodernist epistemology says evidence is meaningless
>Socialists now push postmodernism
>>
Heinlein- The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
>>
>>134391473
I wuz saying that you couldn't read my post of the picture I posted either dumbass.
>>
File: saint matthew and the angel.jpg (133KB, 515x650px) Image search: [Google]
saint matthew and the angel.jpg
133KB, 515x650px
>tfw you like reading but it takes you a long time to get through books
>>
>>134391046
I'll be watching for it. Maybe once I've actually put some time into reading some books I'll be able to share something of value in these threads.

>>134391222
I haven't checked out those other ones, although the prince is on my shortlist.

I agree it's extremely helpful to have a cynical and cold thought process when thinking about people's behaviors. Luckily I think a lot of the posters on /pol/ already possess that cynicism that can be such a useful tool if used properly.
>>
>>134392299
>I haven't checked out those other ones,
48 laws of power is KINDOF... well... apparantly its like super popular with prison inmates, but its the one out of those 4 i recommend the least

The Prince = how to get power
Rules for Radicals = how to remove that fucker from power

i recommend both of those. they are fairly short, especially the prince

>>134392299
>I think a lot of the posters on /pol/ already possess that cynicism
hah, point
>>
>>134391823
I was thinking about picking this up just because I like sci fi and haven't read any Heinlein yet.

Without spoiling it, what's so redpilled about it?
>>
I'm reading decline of the west ATM but god is it slow going. Not a very gripping book, and not really interesting either... I'll probably finish it to see if it ever gets a bit more relevant or interesting in regards to what he's saying..
>>
File: The Way Of Men.jpg (2MB, 1855x2700px) Image search: [Google]
The Way Of Men.jpg
2MB, 1855x2700px
>>134381850
>>
File: Aware Pepe.png (834KB, 1024x937px) Image search: [Google]
Aware Pepe.png
834KB, 1024x937px
>>134381850
Bump
>>
Republic
>>
>>134386774
The more you understand philosophy the more you understand history.
>>
>>134383190
/lit/ please fuck off
>>
>>134391844
i know that feel bro
>>
>>134385275
If a guy can't read the socratic dialogues he has no place amongst us anyway.
>>
File: Untitled.png (677KB, 1911x951px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
677KB, 1911x951px
>>134381850
How come no one in these threads ever posts this?
https://mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg
A lot of people went through a lot of work to put this together.
>>
This is something I've only read recently, but regret not going over it sooner. It's a quick read. and free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TRND72/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>>
Nerds of pol, I need your help.

I recently bought a handful of books and I don't know which one to begin with. I've been told that many philosophy works are difficult to read without prior context. Here is my list:
Aristotle-politics
Dale Carnegie
Hayek-road to serfdom
Julius Evola- men among the ruins
Machiavelli-prince
Oswald Spengler- man and technics
Oswald Spengler- the decline of the west
Plato-the republic
Ragnar-might is right
Thomas Hobbes- leviathan
Jared Taylor- white identity

I'm fairly new to leasurely reading so I'm asking for advice on which ones to start off with. Ideally, id like to read the most easily understood ones first.
>>
File: gulagarchipelago.jpg (39KB, 306x475px) Image search: [Google]
gulagarchipelago.jpg
39KB, 306x475px
>>
>>134398677
I appreciate it Arubabro. Some people blaze through books but it takes me longer. Still, this year is by far the most I've ever read.
>>
File: basiceconomics.jpg (245KB, 1668x2560px) Image search: [Google]
basiceconomics.jpg
245KB, 1668x2560px
>>134386004
>most people arent gonna be bothered to read that shit
The lists are not for most people. People that ask pol for reading suggestions know what they're getting into.

If you want a good book on the basic economics you won't find one much better than pic related.
>>
File: 91zdHwFmpRL.jpg (687KB, 1466x2211px) Image search: [Google]
91zdHwFmpRL.jpg
687KB, 1466x2211px
>>134381850
Obligatory
>>
File: 33674245347.jpg (1014KB, 1696x2136px) Image search: [Google]
33674245347.jpg
1014KB, 1696x2136px
>>134387455
>economics and physics are more related to your life than philosophy

Do you live as a machine norsk bro? What happened to friluftsliv?
>>
>>134382830
There is nothing good about him indeed, but you need to know your enemy.
>>
>>134400153
Start with The Republic.
>>
>>134390626
I read Ride The Tiger about a year ago, before I had any understanding of fascist/authoritarian philosophy. It's either over-hyped, or you need a lot of preparation to get into it, because its not clear what he's talking about and a bit esoteric. His language and the topics he covers are strange, like eroticism and some funky stuff. I'm going to sound pretentious, but I'm generally very good at insightful reading and read a lot, and I didn't get a ton out of it last year. Maybe I would get more out of it now. If you don't do a lot of /pol/itical reading, I wouldn't start on it like I tried to. Hope that helps.
>>
Is Vergil's Aeneis worth reading?
I heard the first chapters are fun but at the end it gets very boring
>>
>>134400153
Republic is good. The Greeks are good at really creating a basis of philosophy, because they are the basis of Western philosophy. Socrates 2000+ year old remarks on democracy, aristocracy, and dictatorship still ring true now. It's amazing.

I haven't read most of that, but if I could choose an order from what I'm somewhat familiar with from that list I would suggest:
>The Republic
>Aristotle - Politics
>Machiavelli
>Leviathan
Nice way to frame your mind for the rest of that list, which I'm not familiar with, but is probably progressively more difficult. Also, that's more than a handful of books, unless you read stupidly fast that'll probably take longer than you're expecting. Good luck.
>>
>>134391070
They were doing a reading of this last night over on the Uncensored Politics Discord server.
>>
File: San_Lorenzo_da_Brindisi.jpg (82KB, 200x289px) Image search: [Google]
San_Lorenzo_da_Brindisi.jpg
82KB, 200x289px
>>134381850
>Holy Bible
>Austrian school economics
>Ancient greeks and romans
>Machiavelli
>some of the better enlightenment guys (Locke, Kant e.g.)
>Orwell and Huxley
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.