[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What now, skeptics? Global warming is real

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 64

Satellites show massive increases in temperature. Death on Earth soon.
>>
>>134285076
>correction
>>
>>134285076
the debate is over everywhere but in america.
here its been turned into a political issue because we are insane now.
>>
>>134285076
Climate change is propaganda in favor of the Chinese to give them a global economic advantage. It cannot be stopped without outsourcing and that just continues the problem.
>>
>Fudge factor increased by 140%
Alert Al Gore
>>
>>134285076
Independent is a communist ''news'' site
>>
>>134285076
>140% faster global warming
cool now how much is caused by humans?
>>
Just wait for the correction to the correction.
>>
What we need to do is kill all of the niggers in Africa, half of Brazil, all of the low caste Indians, and about half of China.
>>
>>134285318
Oh my god
>>
Winter is coming
>>
File: DEUMTZ8WAAAgUCN.jpg (19KB, 440x278px) Image search: [Google]
DEUMTZ8WAAAgUCN.jpg
19KB, 440x278px
>>134285076
>(((Correction)))
This headline goes all in (((Climate Change))) and (((Global Warming))) in same sentence.
>>
They always wait until heat waves to up the ante.
>See! It's habbening!
>>
>>134285316
Amerifats. Grotesque ignorance combined with grim certainty. They are pure cancer.
>>
>>134285076
>the data doesn't show what we want, so we're going to correct it
>oh look, (((our))) "corrected" data shows exactly what we want
>this proves we need more funding *rubs hands*
>>
File: cc.jpg (1MB, 1200x7920px) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
1MB, 1200x7920px
>>134285076
>Correction
>Suddenly global warming
Imagine my shock.
>>
>>134285076
>Climate chance sceptics

Pretty sure these people are only sceptic about the part that its man-made, this just proves that the sun is actually doing it
>>
>>134285076
We're crashing this planet with no survivors, just as God wills the destruction of the Jew and the infidel.
>>
File: 1500175276635.png (262KB, 416x577px) Image search: [Google]
1500175276635.png
262KB, 416x577px
>>134285076
Fuck off commie. I won't buy into your marxist propaganda bullshit.
>>
>>134285437
>cool now how much is caused by humans?
80% to 120%. 120% because we actually should be in a cooling phase in the current decades given the decreased sun activity.
>>
>>134285611
Water vapor is not a forcing greenhouse gas, moron.
>>
>>134285886
>80% to 120%
source?
>>
When will the envirotards realize that to curb global warming they literally need to start killing all humans?
>>
>>134285076
Satellites can see global warming, but it can see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?
>>
>>134285076
and you want more shekels to fight that?
fuck you, time to die
>>
I might start giving a shit when crops start to fail en mass several years in a row or sea levels actually rise to the extent where large parts of seaside cities get flooded.

Until then this climate change shit is just a media promoted bullshit religion to replace the (((communist))) atheism void in people.
>muh computer models told me the end is nigh, the day of reckoning is coming and it's all our fault for burning fossils
>>
Whatever happened to just reducing our energy usage?
>No need for that goyim, just accept this 40% hike in your energy bill and we will fix climate change for you
>>
>>134285076
>global warming
>globe
Earth is flat faggot not a globe hahahaha your information is based off a fictional theory of a round earth
Even your photo is photoshopped to curve
>>
There is NO accurate empirical data that shows worldwide historical temperatures, and no reliable data to show past atmospheric Carbon Dioxide PPM.

In fact, any data you have EVER seen concerning "prehistoric" carbon dioxide levels is pure bullshit. C02 is ALWAYS low in cold environments. Less decay in icy areas, etc. Glacial Ice is another lie. There are NEVER large amounts of C02 at glacial altitudes because C02 is the heaviest gas in our atmosphere.

I could go on, but most of you Climate Change Myth believers are so fucking stupid, you would not understand.
>>
>>134285376
He'll have to make emergency trips with his private jet to his multiple mansions on the coasts.
>>
>>134285076
If it means death to all leftists and kikes, I'm okay with it.
>>
>>134286025
Riga is one of the worst affected areas due to sea level rises.

We have rises of 0.3-0.4cm each year already. This is RIGHT NOW. In 20yrs, Riga will have to deal with 8-10cm higher seas, which means more problems with storms and floods. Where do you think they will take the money to build up the levies?
>>
>>134286025
>increased temperatures and CO2
>amazing crop yields year after year

Keep bringing the emissions guys we farmers are loving it
>>
>>134286053
>Whatever happened to just reducing our energy usage?
What about we just increase our nuclear power plant count?
>>
Even if it was happening and even if it was man-made there have been no solutions put forward that would actually address the problem.

>we need to tax carbon emissions
Doesn't prevent the actual emissions, just a way to make money
>we need to cut back our productivity
And meanwhile China and India are left totally alone with zero responsibilities
>we need to reduce our population
And invited in tens of thousands of refugees because our populations are aging, right?

So even taking their word for it there is no solution.
>>
>>134286025
>I might start giving a shit when crops start to fail en mass several years in a row or sea levels actually rise to the extent where large parts of seaside cities get flooded.
When this happens, it's too late. Hell, it's probably already too late.
>>
File: 1443266075068.png (54KB, 462x299px) Image search: [Google]
1443266075068.png
54KB, 462x299px
How utterly hilarious will it be when the next VEI-7/8 volcanic eruption takes place, causing a volcanic winter that leads to billions starving to death, and everyone wishes global warming would come back?
>>
>>134286025
Crops have failed en masse the last several years. We had our entire crop of cherries dead, Poland had something dead. Last year I think it was apples?
>>
>>134285934
>Water doesn't trap heat.
We have a smart guy over here.
>>
>>134285076
Go cry to a China about it and stop bitching to the US to do something. Worthless cucks.
>>
>>134286175
I believe it when i see it. I live here and i don't see it.
>>
File: IMG_1196.jpg (93KB, 661x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1196.jpg
93KB, 661x662px
I honestly hope it's accelerating.

By 2100 Blacks are projected to nearly 50% of the world population with 4.5 Billion in Africa alone and will still have the highest birth rate on the globe

Islam is projected to be the biggest religion in the world by 2070's

Whites are projected to be minorities in every single Western country in the second half of the 21st century.

Even Eastern Europe/ Russia have horrible fertility rates and secularization.

Fuck this Jew owned Nigger-Muslim majority Earth. Let it die
>>
File: 1485371979530.jpg (13KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
1485371979530.jpg
13KB, 352x395px
Seriously, read the last few chapters of Superfreakonomics, they interview some of the smartest guys on the planet (who have Nobel prizes in climate change research) and they pretty much say that "apocalyptic" climate change is a meme and that they could fix it in a year if they wanted
>>
>Hey I want to study the different claw sizes of this species of snail can I have funding
Lol fuck off

>hey I want to study the different claw sizes of this species of snail and how it relates to climate change
$$$$$$
This shit is self propagating. You get money to link your study and data to it and any study disproving it simply dries up from lack of funding or being blocked out because you might stop the gravy train. It doesn't matter if it's real or not now because we'll never know, the field has been distorted so hard by people looking to politicize simple science.

For such a pro science group the left really does love to distort it I find.
>>
>>134286230
Would world war 3 fix it? No nukes mode
>>
>>134286182
Yeh we loved it too until about two years ago when mass hail and flash freezes around summer began.
>>
>>134286300
>>Water doesn't trap heat.
Water isn't a forcing greenhouse gas. It traps heat just fine, but its concentration in the atmosphere is dependent on the overall temperature. If you change the temperature, you change the water vapor concentration. But the water vapor concentration doesn't force any change in temperature.
>>
File: goldjerrygold.jpg (14KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
goldjerrygold.jpg
14KB, 400x225px
>>134286083
You should contact NASA and the IPCC and let them know they got it all wrong. I can just imagine the worldwide headlines:

Overweight 4Chins Virgin BTFO of Entire Global Scientific Community!
>>
Uuuhhh if global warming is real, then why did it snow so much last winter? Fuck y'all dumb
>>
>>134286175
I was told Long Island would be gone by now.
>>
>>134286346
>I believe it when i see it. I live here and i don't see it.
So you are saying you have no flooding and never seen a flood from the sea?
>>
>>134285076
To be honest I kind of want earth to become a desert
Kind of wish madmax to become real
>>
File: King of America.jpg (518KB, 1273x657px) Image search: [Google]
King of America.jpg
518KB, 1273x657px
>>134285316
>>134285564
>The debate only still happens in the one country that has actual free speech.
There. I fixed that for you faggots.
>>
>(((Correction)))
>>
>>134286358
>they pretty much say that "apocalyptic" climate change is a meme

Yes, that is what every single climate scientist says. Why would you need to read chapters of trivial books to find out what the problem with climate change is? It is not a doomsday problem, it is an economics problem.
>>
>>134286402
>I was told Long Island would be gone by now.
Source?
>>
>>134286347
And New York is suppose to be underwater by 2000...oops! See how predictions from liberals turn out?
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 230x219px
A 140% increase interesting considering if the average temperature worldwide was 70 degrees , a 140% increase would melt our skin at 160 degrees ?
>>
>>134286514
Anecdote. Heard it throughout highschool and college from different teachers/professors.
>>
>>134286380
No gas forces any change in temperature, it would have to radiate heat in order for that to happen, genius.
>>
>>134286534
Demographics and fertility rates are far more concrete.
>>
>>134286560
140% increase in the growth over the last data extrapolation, mate. No 140% growth.
>>
>>134286475

More like in one country which is full of self-centered paranoid buffoons who don't believe in science if it doesn't serve their own interests?
>>
>>134286591
>No gas forces any change in temperature
In that case, we would all be dead, because there would be no greenhouse gases, mate.
>>
>>134286083
I'd say we can make some pretty good guesses. Like, the fact that literally everybody kept migrating south and west around 400AD. You have Alans, Ostrogoths migrating like fuck, crossing the Rhine en masse(speculated to have been frozen) and the Huns all in a relatively small timeline. Everybody kept pushing in that direction, sometimes over each other.

Then you have a bit more evidence of this around the period of the Little Ice Age.

It's pretty damn safe to assume that the climate has always fluctuated, and always will.
>>
>>134285076
Funny how /pol/ claims to be free thinking and redpilled, when they just swallow Republican propaganda from the Cato Institute.

I think climate change is real and human caused, but it's not as big a deal as the libs make it out to be, and even if it is, their feel good policies aren't going to accomplish shit since they don't really lower emissions.
>>
>global warming now called climate change

What a tricky switcheroo they pulled with that one. To turn it around from global warming, something with a clear and easily measurable definition, to "climate change"; something so vague that anything falls under it. It rains today and it didn't rain last year on this day? Climate change. Temp went up? Climte change. Temp went down? Climate change. Fewer cyclones? Climate change. Oceans drop then rise then drop again? You know who's to blme lol.
>>
>>134286392
I work for NASA. Fuck off.
>>
I'm so amazed by stupidity of Americans. You just have to look at this thread to confirm
>Burger education
>>
>>134286475
>Ignorant Amerifat claiming to know anything beyond his cuntry's borders.

topkek
>>
File: RSSv4.png (149KB, 839x635px) Image search: [Google]
RSSv4.png
149KB, 839x635px
>>134286560
the 140% refers to the trend since 1998 compared to the trend of the previous version, not the absolute temperatures
>>
>>134286681
You hate us cause you ain't us
>>
>>134286230
Fixing it is an illusion aside from raising awareness and proper education. There are some win-win things - reducing car usage, means less traffic, better air quality, less money to Islam, weaker petrodollar. More sustainable farming, might lead to a food shortage which will mean a lot of deaths in Africa since we will have to keep our food.

Other than that, the only other viable course of action is adaptation - and yes, climate change adaptation is needed. We were advertising an adaptation program here a couple of years ago for farmers, which included a system for hail/protection against flash freezing weather. Everyone laughed and dismissed it as a typical kike money scheme. And this year a whole crop of cherries was killed, followed by massive damages by hail (and much more hail expected). So yeh, learn to live with it instead of treating it as bullshit and just ignoring it.
>>
>>134286365
Nukes would fix it. Let's do that
>>
>>134286671
>LOL ever1 is so dum KEK every1 but me :^)
Do you feel better now?
>>134286674
Yeah well my mom is a stock broker for NASA she manages stocks on the moon, faget, get on my level.
>>
File: Cletus SVR Flag.jpg (9KB, 358x214px) Image search: [Google]
Cletus SVR Flag.jpg
9KB, 358x214px
>>134286560
Jesus. Just when you think Amerifats could not possibly get any dumber.
>>
>Global warming

I thought we called it "climate change" now, since some places were getting colder? Dunno why "global warming" is such a buzzword when our oceans are turning into fucking acid, our pesticides are wiping out species of insects, and plastics are basically going to turn the world into a garbage pile.
>>
>>134286083
Bullshit, try harder anon.
https://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/schmidt_01/

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's not real.
>>
>>134286649
No retard, this is why we live in the goldilocks zone. you can pump as much "greenhouse" gas as you want into the atmosphere of Pluto, it's not going to have earthlike properties.
>>
>>134286739
And you've never had hail there before?
>>
>>134286671
Make a distinction between /Pol/ and Reddit. Most people you are talking to in this thread aren't /Pol/.

Plus it's still American times, isn't it? Then it's barely /Pol/.
>>
>>134286500
How is it an economics problem if the only real danger is a couple of centimetres of increased water levels? The only thing that's an economic problem is people saying we need to cut carbon emissions (carbon is good for plant life and would have little effect on global temp) or that we should stop burning coal (actually economic suicide)

Also, those rising water levels would be less then the rise of water from low tide to high tide
>>
File: 6g4hd5h364h356d541gd.jpg (316KB, 1774x1074px) Image search: [Google]
6g4hd5h364h356d541gd.jpg
316KB, 1774x1074px
>>134285076
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>134286672
Global warming causes climate change, and we are doing more than just raising temperatures.

Or maybe you just think 8 billion humans consuming exponentially increasing amounts of resources is sustainable and safe?
>>
>>134286628
>Humanity would be beautiful if it weren't for those paranoid Americans.
Why don't you go lurk a finnish image board and shitpost in finnish gook-speak?
We both know why.
>>
>>134285076

>(((correction))))

IE, I didn't like the data I got so I fucked with it to make it show what I wanted.
>>
>>134286814
Not as unexpected, not in such quantities, not at such times.

Hail was an occurrence once per summer, give or take, when temperatures dropped. Also the seasons have changed - summer now starts at around mid-June (used to be around may) so hail ends up coming at a different time. Which means the world for some crops, since there are early summer crops that aren't protected from hail very much.
>>
>>134285316
It's over in the rest of the world, because there is not a strong conservative movement or party to combat this liberal excuse to tax people for no fucking reason.
>>
File: Islam06.png (728KB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
Islam06.png
728KB, 1600x902px
>>134286864
Ohh nooo, that sucks.
Those poor sand people.
>>
File: Newman!.gif (499KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Newman!.gif
499KB, 500x375px
>>134286674
>Telling lies about your job to help you tell lies about climate change.
>>
>>134286591
You are so fucking stupid and clearly have no idea how green house gasses work or have ever read anything on the topic.

Gass might not "radiate heat" you right on that but it does trap heat. Like insulation. Greenhouse gasses trap the suns heat in the atmosphere. like a greenhouse, that's why they're called greenhouse gasses.

Look at Venus, it's hotter than mercury despite being further from the sun because it has a cocktail of gasses in the atmosphere which hold in the heat.
>>
>>134286671
>I think climate change is real and human caused, but it's not as big a deal as the libs make it out to b

This is correct. Sea level rises are 3cm to 4cm per decade. Temperature rises are in the 0.15-0.3C range per decade. Western countries are not really affected at all, it is mostly Africa, Latin America, South East Asia, India and the Middle East which are affected.

But it IS happening.
>>
File: climatefreak2.jpg (1MB, 1776x1797px) Image search: [Google]
climatefreak2.jpg
1MB, 1776x1797px
is there anything these Climate FREAKS won't fudge?
>>
>>134285076
>Satellites

Cute meme. Proof Satellites exist? No, I'm serious. I'll wait.
>>
>>134286988
Educate yourself about the "rest of the world" before you speak in its name, please.
>>
How do we stop global warming? Explain it to a retard
>>
>>134287030
You realize we are on the premise that Water vapor is not a greenhouse gas here right?

You mustave lost that timeline.
>>
>>134286955
I hate it when people rape paleoclimatology with meme images like these
>>
>>134286977
So you're in favor of going to war with China and India and killing off most of their population?
>>
>>134286175
This is the other thing I don't get about climate change. Instead of looking to what we can do with a changing climate which is more feasible we're looking to stop a change we aren't even decided is happening. Instead of looking to tax CO2 like the waste of time it is why we aren't looking into which areas will become arid soon and which arid areas will soon become fertile. What areas will be receiving new rain fall we can exploit and which areas we shouldn't invest much in.

Instead we're told to cripple our industries, kill the poor with high power bills while the CO2 emissions we save over 10yrs will be negated by china in a week
>>
>>134287108
Start global cooling
>>
>>134287032
Yep, I'm not Micronesian or Tuvalan, not my problem. I could actually understand those countries dire concern.
>>
>>134285076
>>134285030
>>
>>134286842
How about crop failures en masse, I thought a nigger like you would no all about how much that can fuck a country.
>>
>>134287108
it's clear to anyone who thinks about it for a minute that most of the fossil fuels have to be left in the ground.
The Alex Epstein "solution" of burning most every fossil fuel we can find and then combat climate change with the generated wealth would doom humanity
>>
File: unidentified sumo .jpg (191KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
unidentified sumo .jpg
191KB, 720x450px
>>134286703
>flag
>>
>>134285076
>Death on Earth soon
good, coastal commies will be first to go
>>
>>134286418
I've seen runoff flooding from the occasional spring time ice in rivers. Some flooded streets after long strong downpours in places with poor drainage.

Nothing unusually long lasting let alone permanent.

It doesn't help that the media years ago was promoting predictions of polar ice caps completely disappearing before now and such sea rises to where i'd have to leave my home by boat every day.

You go on believing the end of the world will come via climate change, all i see is another way to (((tax))) us and this time for the air we exhale (CO2).
>>
>>134285076
>satellites only recently showed a huge growth of the northern ice caps, completely blowing the fuck out of global warming fuckers
>now (((satellite data))) shows global warming is actually happening

So which is it, fuckers?
>>
File: 1472951848070.jpg (23KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
1472951848070.jpg
23KB, 439x290px
>>134285076
>Trump withdraws from paris deal
>every leftist loses their shit
>now (((satellite data))) suggests 140% increase
>fails to tell us exactly how much of this is caused by human intervention every time
Is there a reason they keep talking abstact about fucking science?Reminds you of a particular genocide that totally happened?
>>
>>134286763
>I'm so smart since I'm not a nigger and an internet IQ test said my IQ is 150
Your average /pol/ user
>>
>>134286785
>you can pump as much "greenhouse" gas as you want into the atmosphere of Pluto, it's not going to have earthlike properties.

You don't know what greenhouse gas and forcing greenhouse gas means, right? Every gas interferes with heat. Every last one. Be it O2 or N2 or CO2 or O3 or CH4 or SF6 etc. The point is that all gases have different heat trapping characteristics and decay half-times. Water vapour, for instance, exchanges constanly with the oceans and nature. Its concentration depends on the overall temperature. If we put together a giant "water vapour" emissions plant, we wouldn't change the amount of water vapour in our atmosphere at all, as the system would just take out more water vapour to fall back into equilibrium.

The same holds true for CO2 and SF6... just over a lot longer timescale of hundreds (and in case of CH4, SF6 and CFCs and HCFCs thousands) of years. Hence, these greenhouse gases end up trapping more heat in our atmosphere when we release them, leading to an imbalance in the energy intake of Earth from the sun vs. the outwards radiation. That is then counteracted by more cloud cover from increased water vapour in our atmosphere and other various complex reactions from higher temperatures such as higher plant growth, deserfication, changes of albedo, ocean acidity, ocean reactivity with the atmosphere etc.

Take all these things together and you can "model" the future growth paths of global temperatures, all with a varying degree of uncertainty.

>tldr - educate yourself on the subject
>>
File: 1496398219667.png (124KB, 612x556px) Image search: [Google]
1496398219667.png
124KB, 612x556px
>>134287269
Why do you think we pump Co2 into greenhouses? :D
>>
Houston almost feels almost inclined to agree due to the fact that our last winter basically fucked off after about 3 days of cold.

But I thought the issue was "climate change" not necessarily "warming".
>>
>>134287108
Simple, give us all your money goy
>>
>>134287430
100% is caused by human intervention in the "corrections" to the data.
>hint: the data was representative of the truth, but the truth needed correcting to fit the meme
>>
>>134286842
>How is it an economics problem if the only real danger is a couple of centimetres of increased water levels?

Sea level rises are a problem. Not the only one, but they are a problem. If you have 4cm per decade, this means half of the Miami beachfront will be abandoned by 2080. If sea level rises accelerate (predicted by some, but highly uncertain), e.g. New York could get into trouble, half of Holland could too. Is Germany supposed to house 10 million Dutch people because of global warming? I don't want them here desu.
>>
>>134285562
>very cold summer (for average)
>year ends
>BREAKING NEWS! HOTTEST YEAR EVER RECORDED!!
>>
>>134286864

why don't you go back before 1917, oh that's right you'll get to a time where the israelis owned it all, how surprising
>>
File: JurassicTypeFauna.jpg (86KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
JurassicTypeFauna.jpg
86KB, 500x333px
>>134285076
>Death on Earth soon.
And there we have it, the very reason for die-hard sceptics.
Start of nice and scientific with some data from a satelite, and continue by pulling a claim out of OP's huge faggot ass, that this means the entire planet is going to die
>>
>>134285483
Summer is coming anon, an eternal summer. There will be summerfags everywhere.
>>
>>134287584
>Is Germany supposed to house 10 million Dutch people because of global warming

I'd take 10 million of our swamp brothers over fucking """refugees""" any day.
>>
>>134287269
Let me take you back to 8th grade biology Muhammad.
PLANTS LOVE CARBON DIOXIDE - an increase or decrease of heat by a few degrees won't kill them and the extra carbon will make them flourish (a standard greenhouse has a much higher level of carbon in the air than the average atmospheric level) - go back to reading the Quran - this science is beyond you sand niggers
>>
>>134287584
>if
Fucking kek.
>>
>>134287320
Got no argument? Point to flag.

Amerifat "reasoning"
>>
>>134287030
>>134286591

what greenhouse gases actually do is they make the atmosphere more opaque in the infrared spectrum. As a consequence, the elevation at which molecules can radiate out into space is getting higher.
Because the troposphere has a negative lapse rate (temperature drops with elevation), according to Stefan-Boltzmann, the efficiency of this emission is lower.
This induces an imbalance of the energy budget, since there is now more energy going in than coming out.
As a response, the atmosphere will continue to warm, right until the temperature at the emissions level is again high enough that Energy in = Energy out.
>>
>>134287494
Oh jesus, a man of rational thinking, I thought you all died out
>>
>>134285076
good. it's better than letting the niggers win. let it all burn. no. i'm not memeing.
>>
File: pol's dream.jpg (107KB, 662x786px) Image search: [Google]
pol's dream.jpg
107KB, 662x786px
>>134286347

Honestly, we should figure out a way to release the methane trapped in the permafrost.

Once we get the clathrate gun to fire this degenerate planet will finally die.
>>
>>134287670
It says "Death on Earth", not "Death of Earth". Death on Earth means at least 1 person dies due to (wo)man-made climate change.
>>
>>134287584
Then pump sulphur dioxide into the stratosphere and watch all the effects of climate change dissipate
>>
File: gisp-last-10000-new.png (156KB, 829x493px) Image search: [Google]
gisp-last-10000-new.png
156KB, 829x493px
/thread
>>
>>134287587
I went back to the temps published in the papers in the archives and compared them to the BOM historical data.
The minimums are almost all the same but the maximums have all been made much colder.
>Lower the top to push the average down
>basically 1998 El Nino heatwave didn't happen
>mfw I lived through that beast

I also checked more recent (6 m.o. data) and the maximums were all kept the same but all the night time minimums have been raised by half a degree.
>raise the bottom to push the average up.

When the Arabian Peninsula got all that snow last year it was above average for winter because the cloud cover (making all the snow) kept the desert night time teperatures to only -3 instead of dopping down to the -30 as is normal.
>>
>>134286765
It's /pol/, I honestly can't tell if it's bait or real anymore.
>>
File: 2017eemian.png (57KB, 777x304px) Image search: [Google]
2017eemian.png
57KB, 777x304px
>>134287916
>from a single location
>20th and 21st centuries completely omitted
>>
>>134287985
/thread
>>
>>134287697
School? Your president can't even read, kafir.

First of all greenhouse gasses is not only co2 we're talking about a whole lot of other noxious shit as well.

Second of all, climate change effects seasons, so crop cycles go out the window as well as reliable rainfall.

That's what's going to make your nigger crops fail. If you did at least a little reading you'd know that your continent is more at risk than most regions. There's a huge fucking famine in Africa which could possibly create another 20 million refugees. Kafirs can't even feed them self.
>>
>>134287985
A single location that accurately determines the global climate over the last 10,000 years.

Drunk right now, feel like helping. If you are arguing against a fact, you are wrong. Keep that it mind, young pad-reèeee-one.
>>
>>134285076
>Death on Earth soon
Nice
>>
>>134287584
Wanna bet those sea rise numbers are fudged margin of error results anyway?

Erosion always has and always will cause noticeable changes long before global sea/ocean level rise.
>>
>>134287349
Based Latvia
>>
File: 654654464ji.jpg (121KB, 1182x684px) Image search: [Google]
654654464ji.jpg
121KB, 1182x684px
>>134286992
>>134287618
Lying jews detected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bll1iZSth1E
>>
>>134285076
YES PLEASE

Summer is soon over, if we can manage to get maybe 4-5 months of summer instead of 3 i'll be happy.

GOGO global warming
>>
It's real dumbasses. There absokutely is quantifiable evidence tracing back historically, it just requires reading, critical reading, and some patience.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://content.csbs.utah.edu/~mli/Economics%25207004/Marcott_Global%2520Temperature%2520Reconstructed.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjJ2ebHsZfVAhWHxVQKHfMvCs0QFgghMAA&usg=AFQjCNGp5uquOVTKn8EFoidiFIAkcUrNSA

https://skepticalscience.com/skakun-co2-temp-lag.html

Infographic based on those two^ peer-reviewed articles. Read their fucking methodology.

https://xkcd.com/1732/
>>
>>134288216
it is not a good proxy for global temperatures for several reasons:
a) because it's in high latitude, you have the effect of "Polar Amplification" polluting the record
b) with Greenland in particular, the temperature is also dependent on the strength of the NAC
c) the image I posted is a global reconstruction (Marcott et al. 2013) and the difference between our graphs is obvious to anyone who takes a look
>>
>>134288248
>Wanna bet those sea rise numbers are fudged margin of error results anyway?

Dude, you can measure them yourself in Riga. Just take a ruler and go to your coast. Check old markings and compare the new sea levels over say a month twice a day. Take the average and you can see the rise in the last 50yrs. It is not rocket science.
>>
>>134286779
Please change that flag. No zionists allowed!
>>
>>134287985
psssttt, don't confuse the Leaf with facts.
>>
>>134288162
I love your facts
>other toxic gases!!!!
What are they?

>all the crops will die
According to what sources other than your faggot mouth

Plz just go watch your women raped by Muslims while you apologise. It's what you do best
>>
>>134286175
>8-10cm higher seas
is this for real? People are throwing tantrums over this? Fucking hell, I thought global warming was a serious issue, /pol/ was right again.
>>
>>134286380
Actually, there are two feedback effects in which water plays :

-Water vapour IS a greenhouse gas, so more evaporation and less rain increases global temperature.

-Ocean water has a higher albedo (light absorbance percentage) than most soil. So rising sea level increases global temperature.
>>
>>134287072
like yourr actually fucking doing anything lmao.

Like India or china or any of africa is either. so thats over half the worlds population who doesnt fucking care
>>
>>134287908
>Then pump sulphur dioxide into the stratosphere and watch all the effects of climate change dissipate
We could do a lot more with a lot less. Greenland comes to mind. Within a few weeks, we could induce a new ice age, by nuking the hell out of the glaciers in Greenland (just drill 2km deep holes into the glaciers and explode 1000 nukes there, which triggers quite the glacier breakoff cascade, stopping the Atlantic ocean currents.

But an ice age is pretty bad in itself, desu senpai.
>>
>>134288431
The ice sheet over land that will cause global instability is litteraly on Greenland. You claim Greenland is not a good place to determine if Greenland ice sheet will melt. You are extremely dumb. The kids you went to school with did a disservice to the world for not beating you into shutting the fuck up.
>>
>>134288367
Nope. You are disgrace to that flag spouting zionist NWO propaganda.
>>
>>134288565
>is this for real? People are throwing tantrums over this?
I would if I lived in an area affected by floods. 10cm can mean the levies break, mate.
>>
>>134288565
this
>>
>>134288162
>cropcycles change

Yeah you can plant and grow alot more

>reliablr rainfall changes

wrong, even if it did we solved this 1,000 years ago with something call irrigation
>>
How can be warming be real if climate isnt real?
Why humans are not considered as earth natural factor? Are we not from here? If we kill this planet its going to natural and fair. We are a subproduct of the planet. If its meant to be whatever.
>>
>>134285934
>>134286380

Lad, even my cucked public high school and uni courses in the greenhouse effect conceded that water is the most significant greenhouse gas by far. You can't worm your way out of this by retreating into one of the million positive feedback loops in the climate which nobody entirely understands how they interact with one another. Every meteorologist I've spoken to amounts it to "voodoo" as to why the climate hasn't just heated up past 40 degrees average naturally without our intervention, and we have one of the best meteorological organizations in the world.
>>
File: 1499916595007.jpg (20KB, 343x347px) Image search: [Google]
1499916595007.jpg
20KB, 343x347px
>>134288162
Also kaffir is originally a muslin word for unbeliever... haha, ur already using your new masters language
>>
>>134288574
you have to keep in mind that the albedo of water strongly depends on its relief and the local incidence angle.
So for example, very calm/"flat" water that gets hit in a steep angle is going to reflect almost all incoming radiation.
But rough, wavy water that gets hit in a right angle is going to absorb almost all of it.

And there is also the effect of increased cloud cover, which is very uncertain
>>
I'll juts leave this here

https://realclimatescience.com/2016/12/100-of-us-warming-is-due-to-noaa-data-tampering/
>>
>>134287736
so what you're saying is the earth will find a way to balance itself out? What impact does this have on humans then?
>>
climate change ISN'T REAL PEOPLE
if the climate was changing why is summer still hot?
SAD
>>
>>134288433
You go do that, i hear there's good money funding that kind of research.

Redpill will give me nasty cramps if i try to go along with the (((program))).
>>
Every time they change or update the data, it makes global warming retroactively more severe. Every single fucking time.
>>
>>134285076
If global warming is real then what was the REAL reason Canada canceled their latest research vessel? Rofl
>>
>>134285076
>climate change is based on round earth model
>we live on flath earth
>thus climate change is same hoax as round earth
>>
File: 1496896904587.jpg (43KB, 701x303px) Image search: [Google]
1496896904587.jpg
43KB, 701x303px
>>134288960
>Everytime (((they)) change...
Fixed that for you
>>
The climate that is changing is the political one.

People have had enough of (((lefties))) and their bullshit scams.
>>
>>134288668
You're a disgrace to human intellect! Hitler wouldd have slaughtered you like the rest of the sheep. Fucking dumbasses want to claim truth not knowing what the fuck they'rr talking about. You deserve the absolute worst this world has to offer. Climate change deniers are the lowest fucking common denominator of human intelligence. Read the science dumbass, nut up or shut up.
>>
File: M194.png (472KB, 530x678px) Image search: [Google]
M194.png
472KB, 530x678px
>>134285564
kek, we're grotesquely ignorant becuase we haven't completely fallen for the (((Climate Change))) bullshit?
Fucking dumbshit goy, keep accepting that brainwashing kike cock straight down your gaping throat.
>>
File: 1481524472488.png (61KB, 249x238px) Image search: [Google]
1481524472488.png
61KB, 249x238px
>>134285076

Who cares? You can't force the world to stop its ways - if they would > enjoy a revolution of unimagined scale and temporary devastating outcome.

Guess what? It won't happen, not now - not slowly not over night > which means, the deal is sealed.

Enjoy the global weather change and keep your filthy grubbers crossed for a cooling period.
>>
>>134286667
Ayy and now in current year all the shitskins are migrating north.
>>
Before anyone goes freaking out over warming, you should know that warming periods are generally followed closely by periods of boon.
Historically, cooling is followed by famines and plagues.

It's not the warming you should be worried about. It's cooling. And cooling can be set off literally overnight, with a volcanic eruption(Krakatoa strength, Plinian-level).
These eruptions are not rare, relatively.
Also, meteor impacts are another instant game changer, and these need not be massive. A small one like the Tunguska event is more than enough.
>>
>>134288715
>10cm can mean the levies break, mate.
That's retarded. Floodbanks are supposed to tolerate meters of flood obviously, but if they fear flooding will occur, strengthening and raising them is still easier than banning cars and factories and going apeshit over
>muh apocalypse
>>
>>134289068
fuck off you derailing idiot.
The earth is a fucking globe end of story.

There is no reason to lie about it.
It was known in a time before the Jewish media and education system brainwashed everyone.
The world would not work as it does it if was flat

Oh, and kill yourself.
>>
>>134285886
Then we better fucking keep it up because I don't plan on living under a mile of ice
>>
>>134289154
Building nuclear power plants and a nation wide e-car charging system would just cause unrest among SJW green party shills, that is all.
>>
>>134289145
mmmm, salty.
>>
>>134289183
And we are lucky to live in warm era. I`ve seen historical records from Polish commonwhealth era (1600~~) that Baltic sea would froze over winter and you could go to sweden with sledges.
>>
File: 6894326.png (341KB, 955x505px) Image search: [Google]
6894326.png
341KB, 955x505px
>>134288844
the "balancing out" in this case means that the planet's surface is going to equilibrate at a higher average temperature (roughly 3°C for a doubled CO2 concentration).

The problem with that is that a sustained perturbation of the climate system will set off what are called "slow feedbacks".
The most important of which is the response of ice sheets, which are characterized by a delayed response (because of their thermal inertia).
We can look in the paleoclimate record to see how ice sheets responded to different forcings in the past and what paleoclimatologists have found is that ice sheet volume is extremely tightly coupled to CO2 concentration.
They for example come to the conclusion that a CO2 concentration of 390ppm alone would entail a long-term sea level rise of ~24m, as ice sheets continue to respond to the forcing for centuries.
And the speed and scale of the ice sheet collapse is dependent on the forcing that is applied to them.
>>
File: 1446761105304.jpg (1MB, 1600x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1446761105304.jpg
1MB, 1600x1402px
>>134289183
>Tunguska
>Meteor
>>
>>134286068
this desu
>>
>>134286083
The watermelon project to seize total power depends on them not understanding basic science.
>>
>>134289233
I didnt say flat, I said flath.

The climate hoax is as resonable as flat earth conspiracy.

Also fucking ausies so easy to trigger.
>>
>'l-lefties are anti-science with their gender shit!'
>'b-but we love science because it is true and objective'
>denies climate change

kek you amerisharts are hypocrites
>>
Warming would be a good thing if it was happening.
>>
>>134286207
But nuclear power is dangerous! We must invest in more wind farms and Tesla instead :^)
>>
File: 1495247258686.png (35KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1495247258686.png
35KB, 657x527px
>>134286560

hey buddy, could you do the rest of us Americans a huge favor and not making us look like fucking retards on this chinese cartoon sub-rebbit? That would be much appreciated.
>>
>>134285076
I have yet to hear a satisfactory explanation of why I should care if the earth dies.

If the earth dies, everyone who turned it into a shithole dies. Goodbye and good riddance, (((motherfuckers))).
>>
>>134286053
Sea levels used to be low enough where Polynesians could get to Australia by small watercraft.

Giant herding animals grazed potential forests flat. The middle east has been made into a bigger desert thanks to Mongol invaders and a lack of ecological thought by it's inhabitants. Earth, its massive oceans and atmosphere being warmed by the sun couldn't give 2 shits less about a bunch of hairless apes driving a truck. How can people really think driving a car en masse is going to bring about 4 billion years of life?

What is more likely
>people want your money, attention and a sense of righteous value
>a massive planet and it's climate systems can't cope with a few million cars spewing a gas that the majority of life uses to make oxygen
>>
>>134286418

Flood from a sea? Wtf are you talking about? Tsunami or storm surge yeah, they are ocean waters forced on land. But sea levels just raising and permanently flooding land? Doesn't happen.
>>
>>134289492
Nuclear is expensive, inefficient and dangerous.

Nothing wrong with coal, gas and oil or solar.

Wind is useless but wave and geothermal power are viable.

All better than nuclear.
>>
>>134285076
So the flawed data before,that was proven flawed by other data, that according to this information is also flawed, but this information, this is the right data?

>yeahOK.avi
>>
File: M091.jpg (20KB, 586x616px) Image search: [Google]
M091.jpg
20KB, 586x616px
>>134289559
>he thinks the Earth is (((their))) home planet
You poor, dumb goy. There are billions of Jews out their harvesting shekels from every lifeful planet in the universe
>>
>>134285076
Kill off the christcucks breeding the hoard of shitskins the world over along with their hoard and I'll be happy as pig in shit.
>>
>>134286628
>The scientific world is better off if we all agreed 100% about things we're told instead of being skeptical
>>
>>134285076
This is a board about politics.
All threads should be about politics.
If you're posting bullshit that isn't about politics, you're probably going to get reported and banned like the subhuman shitposter you seem to represent so well.
>>
>>134285076
>muh rock flying around a gigantic ball of flaming gas
>omagawd temperature isn't exactly what my thermostat is set at.
>>
>>134289736
Yes, a world with just the Christ cucks gone would truly be paradise
>>
File: tar_sands.jpg (197KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
tar_sands.jpg
197KB, 640x426px
>>134285076

/pol/ will deny this.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/climate-change-earth-too-hot-for-humans.html
>>
>>134289851
You forgot to archive it
https://archive.is/Kr7op
>>
>>134285076
All this fucking drama about (((global warming))) and not a single country in the world is offering to shut off the electricity outside of daylight hours. Try it and see what happens.
>>
>>134289666
>what are thorium reactors

and for fucks sake if we would use same radiation norms for coal plants as we use for nuclear.. all coal plants would be closed down

suprise suprise the coal itsels contains miniscule ammounts of radioactive material but considering how much is burned they are producing more radiation than nuclear plan
>>
File: 1426724729391.jpg (7KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1426724729391.jpg
7KB, 255x220px
>>134285076
>correction
>>
>>134285962
his ass.
>>
'''''''''correction'''''''''''''
>>
>>134286371
weather is not climate
>>
File: 345678.jpg (173KB, 724x560px) Image search: [Google]
345678.jpg
173KB, 724x560px
>>134289869

May Odin bless you, Norse scribe.
>>
>>134289233
fuck off you've never seen the earth from space
>>
>>134285538
he's the cunt master
>>
>>134289784
climate change is politics you imbecile.
>>
File: 1488051592806.gif (85KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1488051592806.gif
85KB, 501x585px
>>134285076
>(((correction)))
Yes yes, the satellites were wrong all along till now goyim.
>>
>>134288583
The point made was that America is the only place the debate is alive because it's the only place with conservativism left.

Which is wrong.
>>
>>134286475
This. Global warming skepticism is outlawed in Eurocuckland.
>>
>>134285407
It really is. How many Jews work there?
>>
>>134285578
Sadly this. Regardless of views on climate change.
>>
>>134289989
Don't need to go to space to know the earth is a globe.
>>
File: MWP ensemble.png (46KB, 275x203px) Image search: [Google]
MWP ensemble.png
46KB, 275x203px
>>134289183
> And cooling can be set off literally overnight, with a volcanic eruption(Krakatoa strength, Plinian-level).
These eruptions are not rare, relatively
Krakatoa didn't even change long term temperature that much. A few Krakatoa's could conceivably give us enough time for a far smoother and gradual transition to a carbon neutral economy, we'd just have to be very very lucky.

>>134288216
>accurately determines the global climate over the last 10,000 years
I've seen heaps of retarded science on /pol/ but this is close to the top.

If what you were saying were to be true why could we not just shift every temperature station to central Greenland?

Also how could you possibly think that central Greenland accurately reflects both sea and land temperatures given both of which are used in calculation of global surface temperature anomaly.

In pic related the light green is the reconstruction from R.B Alley 2000 that you cite, just look at how far off it is from the rest of them.
>>
>>134289982
And the point is...?
>>
>>134285076
I'm not that skeptical about climate change.
I am EXTREMELY skeptical that any kind of World Government is going to be able to do anything about it, especially one where non-whites are given authority. These countries are far too corrupt to actually go for something like this.
>>
>>134286667
Oooh yes the human migration coefficient, the most reliable of all climate indicators!
>>
>>134287030
This is the nub of the problem. The greenhouse gas theory was concocted to explain the situation on Venus because Venus was not as they imagined it to be. Venus is cooling and will eventually become an Earthlike planet.

No need to panic.
>>
>>134286182
Doing Gods work anon thanks for feeding us.
>>
File: M167.png (183KB, 628x356px) Image search: [Google]
M167.png
183KB, 628x356px
>>134289233
>>
File: le skeptcal science man.jpg (477KB, 2000x1548px) Image search: [Google]
le skeptcal science man.jpg
477KB, 2000x1548px
Friendly reminder that whenever you see an Ausfag shilling for climate change its this ugly cunt and his cucksquad.

John Cook is his name, he runs (((skeptical science)))
>>
>>134289886
https://independentaustralia.net/environment/environment-display/dont-believe-thorium-nuclear-reactor-hype,4919
>>
>>134287877
>at-least one person dies due to man-made climate change

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11439662/Woman-dies-in-horrific-snowblower-accident-in-French-ski-resort.html

EU confirmed for being right about everything.
>>
>>134285076
((( correction )))

Gee i guess the UN can give go ahead on all those new global taxes to save us from the sun....
>>
File: shaking merchant.png (99KB, 357x314px) Image search: [Google]
shaking merchant.png
99KB, 357x314px
>>134290103
>"""reconstructed"""
>>
>>134285076
As if climate skeptics believe in data.
>>
File: IMG_2451.jpg (53KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2451.jpg
53KB, 400x246px
>polar ice caps are melting
>oh no places will be flooded, where will these people live?!

move them to antarctica since it will be ice free by then. checkmate
>>
>>134285076
>140% faster global warming

That sounds really vague
>>
File: 1500213114825.jpg (176KB, 652x826px) Image search: [Google]
1500213114825.jpg
176KB, 652x826px
>>134285076
O NO WTF I LOVE KIKES AND NIGGERS NOW
>>
>>134289666
You do not understand atomic energy at all and the reason I can tell is because you lump in all nuclear fission into one definition - there are many different reactor types with many different attributes and when the industry has been allowed to advance with newer reactor types it shows nothing but improvement and it highlights the incredible potential of fission. As an example a 1970s PWR reactor would fit your definition far more correctly (although based on what numbers you look at the danger/human life cost is less than fossil fuels of the day) than say a modern incarnation of the MSR which is the opposite of what you define all nuclear to be. I would suggest you do more research into fission as its an interesting field with a lot of exciting new technology happening within it at the moment, honestly if it was allowed to flourish and people were educated better it would only do incredible good for us all.
>>
>>134286709

So your saying there was an increase in .2° in 25 years? There's no way that could be natural.
>>
>>134289713
science works by continuing to build upon what it knows. its not its fault that news sources just go out and claim that this time, its right for sure.

its either happening or its not. new data could always change what we think we knew. its not anyones fault...
>>
>>134289146
Bloated Amerifat triggered by facts.
>>
>>134285076
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8mmYwZXiGE
>>
File: Canada glacier.jpg (295KB, 700x658px) Image search: [Google]
Canada glacier.jpg
295KB, 700x658px
>>134290322
sea ice melting doesn't change the water level. The entire northern ice cap could melt and not change the water level 1 foot
Only landbound ice melting changes the water level. For example, the ice on greenland or the landmass of antarctica.

Or the ice from pic related. This is how North America used to look back in the day. That ice sheet was literally miles thick. It's why Canada is so flat, and has so many lakes. This is also why Northern Europe is so flat
>>
>>134289666
Should look into nuclear more. I've heard modern reactors produce almost no waste.

And the danger is probably greatly exaggerated as well. It's kind of like fearing flying which certainly can kill you IF the aircraft ever falls out of the sky, meanwhile people crash cars all of the time with many deaths.

Of course if all the energy needs can be met without ever risking a nuclear meltdown then all the better.
>>
>>134285611

> Incovenient Truth

It was a great documentary. I got my first blowjob during that documentary.
>>
>>134290020
>>134290274
Literally the most error prone form of measurement (also highest associated uncertainty). Its rarely the case that the raw records from temperature stations on ground are accurate let alone results indirectly recorded kilometres above the earth. All sorts of things have to be corrected for (orbital decay, non-climactic influences)

>>134290291
>implying you even know what that means in context
Reconstruction pretty much means it was built via proxy data not direct measurement.
>>
>>134285076
Oy vey really? youre saying that earth has never lowerd its own temperature before in a ice a-... wait wat is a ice age. Oyyyyyyyyyyyyy veeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I never knew that were gonna burn like the kikeeesss
Were gonna burn
>>
>suffer blow

if they're right the climate is fucked and nothing can stop it. so then why are they implying a struggle back and forth? why are they still trying to raise funds and what are the funds for?
>>
>>134289145
But I have read more science on this issue than I want to and the only conclusion I can come to is that the warmist case is bogus.

You know what saturation is?
>>
>>134289666
Nuclear is literally the most efficient energy source we know of. Has the best cost/power ratio of anything, even better than gas or coal
>>
>>134290543
Reconstructed means the data was "adjusted" by a cabal of jewish scientists pushing their agenda
>>
>>134290421
piss off shill

it will always be massive centralised and capital intensive, the opposite of what is needed.

Just more debt to the (((banks)) is all it really amounts to.
>>
>>134285076
>Suffer blow
If this is true then we are already dead lol
>>
I think this is worth watching, they are revising the data to fit their narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlnwhcO5NC0
>>
>>134290582
bullshit
>>
>>134290047
Prove its wrong.
>>
>>134290240
>australians source
>any kind of credibility
>>
>>134290425
it literally can't
there is no known forcing besides anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases that would create a long-term 0.18°C/decade trend in this way
>>
>>134285076
But nobody is skeptical about "climate change". What people are skeptical is the carbon dioxide anthropogenic global warming hypothesis.
We all fucking know the climate is changing, it's supposed to change, it's always changed.
>>
>>134285076
the debate is over. Florida was supposed to be underwater in 2012.
>>
>>134285630
I had to argue about this with my science professor.

>Prof: I can't believe how there are people who don't believe climate change is real
>Me: It's not that they don't believe it, it's that they don't want to pay more taxes for something that can't be proven
>Prof: But the science is settled
>Me: Was the science settled when they said the ice caps would be melted away to nothing by 2014?
>>
>>134286767

You could put all of the USAs garbage for the next 100 years in a 4.5mile square area. You're a dumb cunt.
>>
>>134290721
genetic fallacy
dumb polack.
>>
>>134290677
20% of the entire US is powered by 99 nuclear reactors. It takes natural gas and coal fired plants 1k+ to do that.
>>
everybody likes it a bit warmer, no? im a crazy here?
>>
File: z8s8k7m7-1362635829.jpg (78KB, 1315x1064px) Image search: [Google]
z8s8k7m7-1362635829.jpg
78KB, 1315x1064px
>>134290677
This is well known, it's very surprising that someone like you trying to speak from a position of authority doesn't know this

Nuclear power is the most efficient
>>
>>134285076
Implying global warming is not a natural cause
>>
>>134288574
"More evaporation and less rain"

Does not compute...does not compute...does not com<blows up>
>>
>>134289666
>Nuclear is expensive, inefficient and dangerous.
France has the cheapest electricity in Europe. 80% of their electricity comes from nuclear.

>>134289666
>but wave and geothermal power are viable.
Wud? Is this why we freaking do not have these power forms after 70yrs of trying to make them work economically?
>>
You know satellites aren't real, right?

It's just big antennas on top of buildings, if satellites were real you would get service anywhere.
>>
>>134285316
Don't worry, over here the fake news "vaccines cause autism" got meme'd so fucking hard that people stopped vaccinating chuldren, some major disease appeared in a couple cases in children and the government had to make about 8 vaccines mandatory. It got memed so fucking hard that there are protests about the fact that "my children are mine and I am the one who should choose to vaccinate them or not to", got obviously political and now defended by the populist party, which has about 1/4 of the votes. My country is fucking doomed, our political class is just too corrupt and incompetent to even give it time to get better, because our country will collapse well before that
>>
>>134290776
>During operation, the reactors would probably be inherently safe. The problem with the reactors we currently have is that they need cooling even when they are shut down or break, as happened in Fukushima. When a thorium reactor cooled with molten salt has an emergency shutdown, the liquid salt can be dumped into a reservoir under the reactor, where it would quickly cool down enough to harden so that leaks would not even be a problem.

Your source is BS tier, thorium reactors are even more safer than current ones.

Literaly coal powerplants are pumping more radiation out than nuclear and no one is caring.

Fucking ausfalia posters.
>>
>>134286739
>here are some win-win things
It is win for China lose for stupid you who loses competitive advantage.
>>
I here land is cheap around fukushima and chernobyl
>>
>>134290835
It is even worse. Grid level cost exponentially rises the more intermittent power generation plants (solar, wind) are added. Nuclear is the only option we have to reduce carbon emissions. The only one.
>>
>>134286434
Isn't Mexico already like that?
>>
>>134286347
>Whites are projected to be minorities in every single Western country in the second half of the 21st century.
Wrong
>>
File: IMG_2304.jpg (189KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2304.jpg
189KB, 1024x1024px
>>134290240
>“Thorium reactors are safe”

>Wrong. For one thing:

>'Any bomb dropped on a thorium reactor will result in a catastrophic accident.'

Why would you drop a bomb on it though?
>>
File: 498579229123.gif (907KB, 271x199px) Image search: [Google]
498579229123.gif
907KB, 271x199px
>>134285076
>>134285886
So, if estimates have recently been shown to be 140% off, why am I supposed to believe that these data sets and methodology are valid at all? Who's to say that there won't be another 80% correction in the opposite direction next year?
>>
>>134290835
You have to show your working

1/10
>>
>>134285076

>the data wasn't agreeing with us, so we had to "correct" it
>>
>>134286767
This. 2017 summer is coldest summer in the Russia again. Fuck your warming. Climate change awareness nao!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_861us8D9M
>>
File: US-Electricity-Costs-NEW.jpg (23KB, 557x344px) Image search: [Google]
US-Electricity-Costs-NEW.jpg
23KB, 557x344px
>>134291038
???
M8, I have a physics degree, all throughout school it was pretty much common knowledge that nuclear power is the most efficient thing we have in terms of cost/Megawatt-hour. This is something I've known for years, since I was a kid even.
>>
>>134290983

> Why would you drop a bomb on it though?

True. Normally, your lot just blow themselves up near things. Right, Mohammad?
>>
File: adjustment v reference.png (204KB, 896x444px) Image search: [Google]
adjustment v reference.png
204KB, 896x444px
>>134290582
Source? I'm pro-nuclear but there simply isn't the infrastructure same that exists for mining transport and processing of other fossil fuels plus a far greater initial investment is needed for any nuclear operation. Factor also then in the unavoidable environmental cost and probability of meltdown and its hard to imagine how it could be cheaper than coal

>>134290613
Can't even tell anymore

>>134290654
Adjustments are necessary because:

1. There are local non-climactic influences that can alter a stations recorded temperature (roads, construction, urban heat island)
2. Different methodologies and instruments have different systematic bias
3. Temperature stations are often moved and coverage in certain areas changes. If I move one station from a valley to a hill its not as if temperature in that area has changed.

So to correct for these they take several nearby stations that have undergone little to no change that have a known historical correlation with the affected station and change temperatures recorded by that station so that they may more accurately reflect temperature in the area.

Its a valid, working method. See pic related.
>>
>>134290700
We have conservativism and climate change is frequently questioned.

Proven.
>>
>>134290983
>>134290920
>>134290897

boiling water to turn turbines is a stupid way to make electricity in 2017 whatever your heat source.
>>
>>134290943
How is me riding on a bicycle a win for fucking China? My bicycle isn't even made there. It's local. And I sure as hell am not losing competitive advantage, it's helping me keep fit which makes me better at things.
>>
>>134290621
>massive centralised and capital intensive
Isn't this the case with all energy though? Even things you'd think of that are more decentralized and put energy production into the hands of individuals like solar for example require massive planning and government support as well as economic subsidy to roll out. I think your retort would be true for any large scale power plant. Also that article you linked to the other anon regarding thorium was utter rubbish if you take some time to read the comments you can see one brave man has rebutted all of the disinfo about it pche-sts.blogspot co.uk/2012/05/disinformation-and-anti-propaganda.html?m=1
>>
>>134291124

Fuck off, leaf
>>
File: 41234123.jpg (48KB, 658x390px) Image search: [Google]
41234123.jpg
48KB, 658x390px
>>134290240
>To get to the nitty-gritty of this, while there are many types of thorium reactor designs, the most favoured type is the Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor (LFTR), in which the fuel is in form of a molten fluoride salt of thorium and other elements. As thorium itself is not fissile, the process requires plutonium and/or enriched uranium to kick-start it. Therefore, it’s necessary to:

>separate plutonium from irradiated nuclear fuel using reprocessing technology; or

>produce highly enriched uranium.This means the presence of a nuclear reprocessing nearby, or the transport of these dangerous materials – with all the security measures that this entails – and monitoring by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
Ahaha kids are not allowed to play with weapon grade uranium, only real nations can ahaha.
>>
>>134285076
>(((data correction))) shows Holocaust death toll 140% higher than previously believed

but seriously, climate modelling is retarded.

how can you say with a straight face that you can get good results out of a long simulation of a chaotic system? measurement error + exponential sensitivity to initial conditions = pure garbage. i'd be willing to bet that an ensemble of samples of a drift-free random walk will have a better Brier score on average than a similar ensemble of out-of-sample IPCC model runs.

i mean, u niggas don't even model clouds lmao

if u faggots are so good at predicting complex systems, why is Renaissance Technologies full of astronomers, differential geometers, string theorists, and speech recognition experts, but not climate faggots? surely some climate faggots have gambling debt or sick relatives... so why haven't they taken over the Street with their 1337 skills the rest of us are too stupid to understand?

i have a wild guess: they fucking suck ass at making predictions
>>
>>134291183
>how does coal plant work

solar and wind are not an option and will never be

the amount of waste and CO2 generated when creating solar panels make its very dirty tech, same goes for batteries for electric cars and later on recyling them
>>
>>134285886
>how much is done by humans
>80% to 120%
>>
File: doggo.jpg (252KB, 1620x1620px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
252KB, 1620x1620px
>>134286709
>RSS 3
>RSS 4
What's the difference? a (((coefficient)))?

>data set conveniently ends at height of an el niño
mfw
>>
>>134290983
>>134290920
>>134290835

Are you aware of this technological development?

liquid metal battery for grid level storage.

game changer.
>>
Who gives a fug? Humans will adapt while other humans will die and that's all.
>>
>>134290425
It may seem trivial but a small change in temperature across the entire earths atmosphere is actually an absolutely huge energy contribution. It's hard to imagine that we'd miss the cause of a natural change of several hundred terajoules.
>>
>>134291276
no it's not.

there are many small decentralised alternatives.

I don't know if we even need national grids.
>>
>>134286864
This. Fuck you bigots for ruining the planet. Once Gaza melts there won't be any denying about climate change.
>>
>>134291105
>excluding indirect costs and capital
Pls. 90% of nuclear costs is capital deprecation.
>>
>>134291293
40-70 years lead time.

it's pie in the sky speculative hype.
>>
>>134291183
>boiling water to turn turbines is a stupid way to make electricity in 2017 whatever your heat source.
And yet it is where 90% of our electricity comes from.
>>
File: IMG_2449.gif (188KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2449.gif
188KB, 500x365px
>>134291326

>liquid metal battery

Are they safe to drop bombs on?
>>
>>134291310
the difference is a correction for different microwave emissions (from high clouds and different layers of the atmosphere) and correction for satellite drift influencing the LECT.

If you think you have anything besides insinuations to offer against that, then I would invite you to share it with us.

P.S. it ends in an El Nino becuase that's the most recent past. What do you want climatologists to do? Just add an imaginary future temperature trend to the end of that?
>>
>>134291290

Allah ackbar, am I rite?
>>
>>134289146
If they can so easily get away with Holohoax lies, diversity lies, Racial I.Q lies, feminist lies, fair media lies, regime change lies, saud are good mussie lies, how can I believe anything anymore, without looking like an absolute chump in future retrospect?
>>
>>134291161
>a far greater initial investment is needed for any nuclear operation
Exactly. It's almost all initial cost. The cost of maintaining the power plant is trivial. It's basically just the cost of mining, transporting....etc.
This is an ideal scenario.

Nuclear material releases an unholy amount of energy. It's absolutely unreal. you can power a city with just a tiny scrap of uranium
>>
File: 645645.png (91KB, 600x313px) Image search: [Google]
645645.png
91KB, 600x313px
>>134291456
>40-70 years lead time.
Some bullshit, US and USSR farmed plutonium for thousand warheads in mere 20 years. Main thing is to kick-start thorium cycle means you need to become nuclear arms state and you can't. This club is only for adults.
>>
>>134285076
the real question is who is to blame?
Fucking China and India.
But besides that i am all in for consuming all earth resources as long as it gets us into another planets.
>>
File: hgjjj.jpg (147KB, 960x702px) Image search: [Google]
hgjjj.jpg
147KB, 960x702px
>>134285076

>wait until summer
>make claims about global warming when it's hot outside
>stupid people believe it
>support all spending measures
>profit
>>
>>134291697
honestly, India might be a very dirty country but it's contribution to the CO2 budget is basically indetectable (both at the cumulative and the per capita basis)
>>
>>134285076
>Another apocalyptic article about global warming
Nothing's happening, so far CO2 has been pretty good to us desu.
>Record harvests
>No increase in cyclones
>World is greening (seen from satellites)
>>
>>134291771
What are sacred cows by the millions.
>>
>>134291460
Nothing to do with entrenched, corrupt, economic interests of course.
>>
File: model enhanced.png (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
model enhanced.png
2MB, 3000x3000px
>>134291294
>how can you say with a straight face that you can get good results out of a long simulation of a chaotic system?
Because the model being built is largely an empirical model.

We know it works because we can confirm many predictions made going back to the 80's with data since then. This is because a prerequisite for a model is that it be able to predict past temperatures given certain inputs.

Its certainly not an easy system to predict but we have plenty of data to help us predict it.
>>
>>134290736

Your graph shows .2 over the last 20 years. Not .18/decade. But i guess you're right, the earths climate has never changed until the last 100 years.
>>
>>134290135
Oh and also if what climate scientists say is correct it doesn't matter. We're dumped enough carbon into the atmosphere to start a positive feedback loop that is irriversable at this point.
We cut cut carbon emission to zero today and the ice caps would still melt, sea levels would rise and all the shit they are fear mongering about will happen no matter what.
So why sign these climate agreements? Literally just to give Jews control of the world in civilizations last couple centuries.
>>
>>134291971
quit being frivolous >>134287985
>>
>>134290951

You realise people live in Chernobyl today? I doubt land is expensive anywhere in Ukraine.
>>
>>134292098
And how much has the still ongoing cleanup cost so far?
>>
>>134290914
Try and shoot yourself up with every vaccine that exists and see how you end up.
Pharmacy and health insurance has fucked healthcare in many countries, who can you trust anymore to actually care about your well being instead of profits or manipulating you politically?

Meanwhile in the (((media)))
>Ebola and Zika will kill us all!!! And climate change is making it worse!
>>
>>134289253
Green energy and counter measures. I'm sure we could fix global warming if we wanted to. But we don't. We want to use it as a tool of control.
>>
>>134291397

Why? We've failed to predict any climate change accurately. How can you trust an entire science that is wrong time and time again, yet dictates your life more than any other?
>>
>>134292098
The total cost of the Shelter Implementation Plan, of which the New Safe Confinement is the most prominent element, is estimated to be around €2.15 billion (US$2.3 billion). The New Safe Confinement alone accounts for €1.5 billion.[3]

Yeah, cheap safe electricity

And what about San Onofre? did that ever actually produce any power?

so cheap and safe.
>>
>>134285463
Noh my God
>>
>>134291873

You're right, only huge companies like cheep, reliable energy.
>>
>>134285463
What we need to do is kill all the people who think killing more people is a solution.
>>
>>134291945
except its continously fucking wrong and the entire system its based around its faulty at its very core.

Just because you have the number 2 and that you can go back and find that 1+1=2 doesnt mean you can do the same exact thing for the number 4. Climate scientists defy the scientific method every single step of the way by looking at the answer and trying to ordain a hypothesis from it and being forced to perpetually change their model predictions.
>>
Climate Change is an industry
There's been no solution being presented even after billions invested in in
States give unis money just to prove the climate change, not to find solutions, and also to pay caviar leftist milions to speak in unis about it.
No one has started building any water wall so how am I going to accept paying more taxes to combat climat changes if all they do is give it to some reasearch institute to come up with more proofs about the climate change instead of start building solutions?
At this point is just a scam so states make CO2 taxes collected directly by the UN to push for more open borders
>>
File: 1499002435603.png (759KB, 635x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499002435603.png
759KB, 635x600px
>>134285076
>how much is caused by humans, much of this is natural

>how much is caused by the west (and the USA in particular) because China and India are not going to slow their growth because of climate change but are massive polluters

>how much of a difference will the west (and USA in particular) combating it change these numebrs

>is the massive damage done to the economy and standard of living of these western nations worth that small %

>if the west stops producing coal and other forms of "dirty" energy it won't stop them bring produced, they will just be produced in china and india instead. How do we stop them?

If climate change is as big an issue as they make it out to be, should we not be going to war with China and India to force them to lower their emissions? Should we not immediately ban cars and film stars taking private jets everywhere? Should AC be banned?

It's bullshit, and you know it's bullshit because the biggest defenders of the climate change argument have multiple massive homes (which take a lot of heating and ac use), have cars and take private jets all around the world.
>>
>>134286025
Humans are masters of adaptation. Only the strong will survive. Just as god wills
>>
>>134292234
Please, no, stop

They don't inject all of them at the same time if it would risk someone gets killed/maimed/paralyzed for life. They just sperg out because they don't know how it works or because they don't know the failure percentage is incredibly fucking low. It's the same thing with OGMs people don't know shit and therefore sperg out, bending public opinions and politics because of the fucking useless universal vote.
>>
>>134292308

The black saturday bushfire cost is around 4.4 billion. 3billion is fuck all in the grands scheme of things.
>>
>>134291261
>How is me riding on a bicycle a win for fucking China?
Think why people build large cities in first place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQOBM37MH0
To have bazzilons industries, services and science in one place so they can work in a synergy with each other. With only bicycle you can only build peasant village. there is nothing wrong when you choose bicycle as best mean of transportation considering you circumstances (free marke eyah). Problem is when this becomes not a choice but enforcement of bicycle only . What mean enforcement of deindustrialization and peasantization of teh country. What is "climate change" and "measures to control it" are about.
>>
>gomen, anon-kun, we were wrong again hee hee~
>>
Btw does 80/90`s kids still remeber
ACID RAIN hoax ?

Every 10-20 years they try new one just to drains shekels from idiots. Works everytime ffs.
>>
>>134292493
This. Wanna fix climate change? Set up a global research team And lrn2terraform.
Instead we have muh taxes, which won't even help until China and India become on par with the western nations. We didn't stop, why should they?
>>
>>134292600
4.4 bill toy aus dollars in over inflated property values and insurance claims?

Also natural disaster, not man made.

Won't still be a problem 30 years after it happened either.
>>
File: 1492415400478.jpg (47KB, 641x574px) Image search: [Google]
1492415400478.jpg
47KB, 641x574px
>>134291025
>>134291025
>>134291025
>>
>>134292633
There are thousands in my city that could substitute their car for a bicycle, resulting in the exact same commute +30 minutes of exercise that they desperately need. Tens of thousands. Which would also free the roads, improve the air, lower Islamic money and yes, maybe fight climate change.

Ergo win-win.
>>
>>134292600
That was just the cost of the new sarcophagus not the full clean up also BTW
>>
>>134292783

Most of the fires were started by people or faulty powerlines.
In terms of fatalities, nuclear is far safer than coal.
>>
>>134292775
Anyone know of any group out there actually looking into terraforming as a way to engineer our tectonic plates? What kind of machines, theoretically, would be necessary? Would preventing earthquakes be bad for earth, if so how?
>>
>>134292297
see pic in
>>134291945

>>134292483
>Just because you have the number 2 and that you can go back and find that 1+1=2 doesnt mean you can do the same exact thing for the number 4
I have no idea what you mean but try to use something thats not axiomatic in explaining sciences outside of math.

> Climate scientists defy the scientific method every single step of the way by looking at the answer and trying to ordain a hypothesis
Source?
>>
File: Shlomo Shekelstein.jpg (157KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
Shlomo Shekelstein.jpg
157KB, 501x585px
>>134291734
Just as planned
>>
>>134287108
Sink the chink
>>
>>134285076
>Suddenly since trump became President climate change has increased 140%
You are so fucking desperate for that free government funds you cock sucking pieces of shit.
>>
>>134292802
Win-win when it is free market. Not when cars become overtaxed or straight up banned. You would not have place to commute in first place as business will have their logistical expenses increased and move to china where there is no eco tax expenses .
>>
>>134291522
> What do you want climatologists to do? Just add an imaginary future temperature trend to the end of that?
> imaginary future temperature trend
Well, that's exactly what they do now, isn't it?
>>
>>134292802
Change like that is impossible in a democracy. Most people want and feel entitled to their comfortable safe spaces on wheels. Many rather spend yet more time in their car commuting to a gym for exercise than using a bicycle to get around.
>>
>>134285076
Look bro, nobody around here is ever going to believe any data because all you fucks have lied about it for so long. It's a giant fucking scam.
>>
>>134294157
>we should decide how people spend their money
or Communist solution: Just make everyone piss poor and cars problem would be solved, cars are expensive.
>>
File: fairtrade buttercup.png (30KB, 306x233px) Image search: [Google]
fairtrade buttercup.png
30KB, 306x233px
>>134286628
Sounds like Sweden on race
>>
>>134285076
They literally adjusted the satellite data to fit the models, whilst changing past data to make it cooler.
They THEN claimed that the adjusted data proved the models right.
Its is unadulterated bullshit.
>>
>>134290906
you mean like you do

with a satellite phone
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.