[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>graduate from college cum laude with accounting degree >can

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: 1492833945088.jpg (232KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1492833945088.jpg
232KB, 1024x768px
>graduate from college cum laude with accounting degree
>can either be a door-to-door knife salesman or a micromanaged call center collections agent

god bless baby boomers
>>
>>134264892

if you kys it will make it easier for the rest of us

you know what to do
>>
>>134264892
did u get your CPA ?
>>
>>134264892
i have money and will never have to experience the struggles of being poor

i will never have to work a day in my life
>>
Just go in and start working on something, when they come to kick you out give the manager a look in the eye and a firm handshake while asking for a job!!
>>
Should have done STEM it's where the jobs and the money is at.

t. 3rd year Chemical Engineering major
>>
>>134265131
scholarships ended after 4 years, no money for a masters, no employer to pay for it, loans are a jewish scheme
can't get a cpa without 150 semester hours of school because of new requirements
>>
>>134264892
Cutco is a quality knife.
>>
>>134265145
I'm surprised you don't have the ancap flag
>>
>>134264892
>accounting degree
Literally a degree learning to add and subtract. At my school they don't even have to take one calc class. That's a fucking joke.
>>
>>134264892
Or you could like... be a cpa? Maybe advertise. Work at H&R Block during tax season and give out your card make your own job
>>
>>134264892
Or you could be a fucking American and start your own business for fuck's sake. College didn't teach you shit.
>>
File: girl_taurus4.jpg (36KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
girl_taurus4.jpg
36KB, 576x432px
>accounting degree
Just convert to Judaism, bro.
>>
>>134265225
Says the guy who picked the worst possible field of engineering

t. Electrical Engineering graduate
>>
ITT:

OP is either a flaming autist, severely overweight, or most likely, went to a shit tier school, or is in his 40s.

OP, if you are in your 20s and you went to a decent school with good grates in accounting, you are GUARANTEED to get a job.

Which of the above qualifications do you fail to meet? Age and appearance discrimination is rampant in the profession. You should have figured that out along the way when your accounting classes were filled with Chads and Stacys.

t. an accountant
>>
>>134264892
>can either work for someone or work for someone

You sure have high aspirations and no gratitude for the available opportunities.
>accounting degree
>can't think to put a sign on a door or make some business cards to do some accounting for someone
Smart guy
>>
>>134265311
Loans are honestly worth it my man, you will be able to pay them off eventually if you can actually get a decent job
>>
>>134265572
>went to a shit tier school
ding ding ding
>>
>>134265516
You mean highest paid *
>>
>>134265638
faggot get your CPA
>>
>>134264892
Get a job out of high school at coca cola warehouse as general labor/order builder. Do this with a decent work ethic for a year or so, move onto the sales side/merchandise. Do this well for another year or so. Move onto truck driving, again do it well with a good attitude for a couple of years. Find myself running the logistics operations for most of the state making 85k with a company car. Granted I was lucky that positions became available at good times, but a lot of it was being a good worker with a good attitude.
>>
>>134265516
>>134265225
Checkmate nerds, I'm a Wendy's chef on 3 bazillion a year. (On holiday in UK, ps it sucks here)
>>
>>134264892
i see you like stamper too
>>
>>134265638
well that's your own fucking fault.
>>
File: 1497516150122.jpg (65KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497516150122.jpg
65KB, 700x800px
>>134265572
Most accounting jobs have been asking for experience in field or already CPA'd accountants.

You know, Jews being Jews.
>>
>>134265008
Why would he kill himself if he can kill you?
>>
>>134264892
>focused on being mega coom lawls
>didn't focus on making connections or building up a network.
>expects to succeed.

shiggy diggy faggot.
>>
>>134265572

Kek exactly this for my finance degree

>t. treasury guy
>>
Chartered accountant retard
>>
>>134264892
>good grades mean I should get a job!
And this is why chad is always your boss and not the other way around
>>
>>134264892
>graduate from college cum laude with mechanical engineering degree
>only calls back i get are for 6 month - 1 year contract positions that pay 40k/year with no benefits
could have gotten as much, if not more, straight after high school by getting into trucking plus then i would have money to take advantage of the low real estate prices in 2010-2012.

now i'm in my fifth year of a shit phd program making 25k a year, because for some retarded reason i thought it would be a better choice.
>>
>>134265677

First of all, that's not true. And if you went into chemical engineering because it pays more have fun hating your life
>>
>>134265730
>Move onto truck driving

Kill yourself.
>>
>>134266034
You should be able to get a job. If you can't it may mean you are ugly or socially retarded.
>>
>>134266034
I'm in the same boat as you. Graduating with an engineering degree and there isn't a single fucking job out there because the market is saturated and the only ones who get hired are people based on affirmative action, i.e. women.
>>
>>134264892
>graduate from college (top tier lac) cum laude
>with physics degree
>interviewed at 30 places; accepted at 3
>make 70K a yr with benefits and expense account
>travel the country with junior execs giving business data advice
>live in downtown area of medium sized progressive city
>see my college peeps every week
>feel like a million dollars
>be 22

iz nice yo
>>
>>134264892
>accounting
Quickly becoming the most automated job in all aspects of businesses.

I would refocus your math credits and look into some other job that is numbers focused. If that fails, skilled trades do a well paying apprenticeship and pay great as journeymen.

I know more than a few pipefitters who have accounting degrees. Quite a few college grads show up regularly. The money is good, and the work is fun....taxing on the body, but well paying.

t: Pipefitter
>>
>>134265510
This what are you doing
You're playing life on nightmare mode not being a kik
>>
File: IMG_1373.png (139KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1373.png
139KB, 394x360px
I thought accounting waa a good tier degree wtf /pol/ i got 2 more semesters before i graduate.
>>
>>134266152
i disliked the phd program since day one, so for the first two years i would apply to jobs on and off. i did get interviewed for a field engineer position, however, i applied for a full time position and they offered me an intership at 19/hour. the cunt manager claimed if all goes well i'll get bumped up to the full time position in "as little as six months." i.e. it was another shit low paying job.

granted, that i tried to steer clear of the CAD monkey jobs because i could have done that after high school. no need to spend 4 years of college just to draw shit in autoCAD all day, which i was already familiar with in high school.

everyone that i know that got something decent got it through nepotism, even a girl that had 2 internships and was the president of SAE had to get a job through a friend because she was getting no replies to her applications. i actually applied to the same job she did (didn't know this until later) and they didn't even call me back.
>>
File: 1406734632432.gif (3MB, 265x198px) Image search: [Google]
1406734632432.gif
3MB, 265x198px
>>134264892
>cum
>>
>>134266913
Eh at this point just finish your PhD and try again. Try defense contractors.
>>
>>134266844
I hope you already have a job lined up or at least have had a few internships by now, otherwise it's never too late to pick up a trade
>>
>>134265225
>>134265516
>>134265779
Cool Story Bro's
I make $1000 a day! wanking off gay blokes in a secret massage parlour.
>>
>>134267433
I have connections at the university im attending and may get a job there, and i plan on taking internships nxt summer. I know that acct is at least one of the better businesses degrees
>>
>>134264892
door to door sales is extremely outdated

neighborhoods are so diverse and multicultural now everyone is afraid to answer their doors now
>>
>>134266844
It is and he's a LARPer or fucking retard.
>https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-regulations-change-companies-grapple-with-accountant-shortage-1488812401

Accountants are safe, barring whatever threat (if any) automation may pose in the future.
>>
>>134266094
Why?

This is the simple progression at a place like this. You don't make a simple job a career unless you really enjoy it, or your lot in life is to work a simple job.
>>
>>134267877
I know scrub accounting (glorified bookkeeping) is and always was in danger. But higher level acct that requires at last a bachelor degree and of course cpa will never be replaced so simply.
>>
File: 1486699861814.jpg (21KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1486699861814.jpg
21KB, 480x465px
>>134264892
>accounting major
>expects to get a real job
lmao senpai should have done some research first
>>
>>134267927
Truck driving is going to become automated. It was a talking point during the election by trucking unions.
>>
LOLOLOL ACCOUNTING?!?!?! DAWG ACCOUNTANTS AND AUDITORS ARE 94% LIKELY TO BE AUTOMATED BY 2030 HAHAHAHAAH.....DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MANY ACCOUNTANTS NOW WORK IN INDIA/COSTA RICA/ETC THAT HOLD JOBS ONCE HELD BY NORTH AMERICAN ACCOUNTANTS?!?!?

dude if you need money, make your own accounting services firm and do people's taxes and bookkeeping...come on now

I'm a CA working at a big big big company as a manager, fucking hate my life so im going to do an MBA in marketing/strategy so I can work in business development/sales....accounting and finance is literally cancer
>>
>>134264892
You fucked up.

I had a B4 job lined up right out of graduation with a mediocre gpa.
>>
>>134268159
Well, then that stepping stone is removed and wont be an issue at any rate. Shelves still need to be filled and displays built. Order building will still be needed for a while longer. Do these entry level jobs that pay ok for a while and wait for the advancements to come.

And at any rate, in-city trucking wont be automated for a while. Long haul, maybe. But going from store to store and unloading and then working the product into the store will still be done by people. So stop making excuses for advancements that are 40 years away.

Hell, even Amazon is always hiring, and the chain of advancement there is even easier.
>>
>>134264892
Why not do the Peace Corps and spread your seed until American UBI?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.