[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate Religions/Spirituality General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4134.jpg (139KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4134.jpg
139KB, 500x667px
I've noticed a rise in discussion of non-abrahamic faiths in the past few weeks. Mostly with the near-daily Hinduism/Zoroastrianism Generals which have been highly informative and successful.

I'd like to dedicate a thread to discuss spirituality and theology outside of the usual Atheist/Christian/Odinist perspective which gets so much attention.

Welcome:
>Gnostics
>Neoplatonists
>Buddhists
>Jains
>Hindus
>people of mixed spiritual heritage as long as you have a deep enough understanding of philosophy/mysticism to have an intelligent conversation

Not welcome:
>dogmatists
>free spirit hippy bullshit
>atheists
>agnostics
>>
>>134216132
Atheism is the only answer. Pol is just retarded.
>>
>>134216132
Ill start this thread with a few questions

Where do you get your spiritual influences from /pol/? What scriptures or teachers have lead you to your current position on the road to salvation/enlightenment/gnosis?
>>
>>134216293
Dogma disregarded
>>
>>134216132
>>134216465
>>
>>134216633
Terrance Mckenna, drugs and my hindu upbringing has led to my current position
>>
>>134217189
How exactly have drugs helped you? Does it not concern you that you may have come to certain conclusions based off of influence from external sources rather than introspection and study?

As for your Hindu upbringing, do you still consider yourself a Hindu, in the sense that you follow the religion of Hinduism?
>>
>>134217866
Psychedelic are essential to the human experience I believe that and to an extent my religion believes that.
Yes I am a hindu I don't visit the temple or anything but yes I do believe in dharma which is the prime requirement for being a hindu
>>
>>134217866

And drugs did not make me reach a conclusion rather they made me open to my religion I was brought up with Geeta recitation every day and mythology lessons every evening but I was a edgy atheist it was psychedelic and mckenna that brought me to explore my religion and culture.
>>
>>134218159
Why are psychedelic drugs essential to the human experience? Surely meditation, charitable deeds, purity of thoughts/actions are more important
>>
>>134216132
How do you separate atheism and religions without a true god?
>>
>>134218691
I should clarify that there's a difference between atheism and Atheism

Buddhists are often atheists.

atheism is just the denial of god-beings

Atheism is a religion unto itself which completely denies the spiritual. Just as Dogmatic as the major Proselytic religions Christianity and Islam.
>>
I have found god, I do not mean it philosophically, no I mean it literally. I know what god is. God is truth.
That its mang
>>
>>134218491
Psychedelic make religion more tangible and gain you insight normal meditation can't even the Vedas recommend psychedelics
>>
>>134219103
So you are saying you have, in effect, found Truth?

God is Truth is like saying something is true so it must be true, you've set up the goal posts in a way that you can never lose
>I can never lose because I believe in truth, I don't know what the truth is but I know I believe in it!
>>
>>134219430
What kind of psychedlics and what dosages are recommended to acheive a moment of spiritual clarity?
>>
>>134219471
What I am saying, is that jesus found truth, which is what god is - truth attributed with personality. I am saying that god is the idea of ultimate truth and over time it has gotten personified too.
>>
File: john-podesta-jonbenet-ramsey.jpg (291KB, 1563x2048px) Image search: [Google]
john-podesta-jonbenet-ramsey.jpg
291KB, 1563x2048px
>>134216132
Spirit Cooking Pedo
>>
>>134219656
Well we don't really know what they were Trippin on in the Vedas, I would recommend a good hit of acid
>>
>>134219656
Dissociatives and hallucinogens in general "shake up" your consciousness enough for you to realize for a while how relative perception really is. If you've got a very rigid personality this may come as godsent.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.